• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VII: Mafia [GAME OVER]

Blazer

Smash Ace
Junglefever has the fewest posts out of people actually playing. Once to vote for Kev for his obvious fishing, and once to say that we should lynch Sephiroth (technically he said we should lynch the one-winged angel, but isn't Cloud also a one-winged angel?

)

Vote: junglefever
I don't feel like Kingdom hearts Cloud counts as FF cloud. Besides that, he has a bat wing, not an angel wing from what I've seen.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
1)
Tom said:
This game’s theme is based only on not the original PlayStation game, but its entire universe, including but not limited to Before Crisis, Crisis Core, FFVII, Advent Children, and Dirge of Cerberus.
2) It's not one angel-wing, it's one-winged angel. It says nothing about the nature of the wing.

3) The above is basically irrelevant anyway.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
The reference to the one winged angel is a reference to the Sephiroth of Kingdom Hearts as I've never actually finished FFVII (DONT KILL ME!). In FFVII or Advent Children iirc he doesn't even have a wing. It was just a reference in a joke statement.

Handorin

Smash Hero
The reference to the one winged angel is a reference to the Sephiroth of Kingdom Hearts as I've never actually finished FFVII (DONT KILL ME!). In FFVII or Advent Children iirc he doesn't even have a wing. It was just a reference in a joke statement.
I've never played any FF game. (Just bits and pieces of a few.)

Get at me.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Unless one of you three weren't joking.
I wasn't.

You destroyed the town in Disney mafia and I don't have any reason to believe you'll be anymore helpful this game. If anything you'll only be a detriment.

Oh snap!

Ronike

Smash Ace
Well that was fun. unvote: Hando... Although it goes against my better judgment.

Now then, so far out of everything that has happened, two things have caught my attention:
The bandwagon on Omni, and this:

There's nothing wrong with wagons. I hate it when people thinks there is. They are great pressure mechanisms and allow you to get good reads on people.
Um, no. Bandwagoning is when people jump on one person for poorly explained reasons. It's not ok, and its not a pressure mechanic. If multiple people vote someone for the reason of pressuring, its not a bandwagon, its a bunch of pressure votes. And since it is day 1 and Omni has been posting, this was obviously not a pressure mechanic. So why are you trying to defend them already? FOS on Chaco Not too big of a deal by itself methinks, but can't hurt to point it out.

On a lighter note...

So dar we have accomplished very little today we need to go and scumhunt.
so dar we have done very little to do we have to go and scum hunt
FAIL!!!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I wasn't.

You destroyed the town in Disney mafia and I don't have any reason to believe you'll be anymore helpful this game. If anything you'll only be a detriment.

Oh snap!
Don't judge a book by its cover, Chill.

Disney Mafia was my first Mafia. I'm much more capable then you think.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Um, no. Bandwagoning is when people jump on one person for poorly explained reasons. It's not ok, and its not a pressure mechanic. If multiple people vote someone for the reason of pressuring, its not a bandwagon, its a bunch of pressure votes. And since it is day 1 and Omni has been posting, this was obviously not a pressure mechanic. So why are you trying to defend them already? FOS on Chaco Not too big of a deal by itself methinks, but can't hurt to point it out.
I'm not defending them. And also, all of that is your personal belief of BW. I've seen countless good players on MafiaScum use it as a pressure mechanic.

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Bandwagon

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
There's nothing wrong with wagons. I hate it when people thinks there is. They are great pressure mechanisms and allow you to get good reads on people.
Bandwagons can be good or bad. Usually, it's kinda bad to bandwagon on a RJV, mainly cause if the person has halfway to a lynch, and if there's a executioner (a role where the person could lynch said person if person has half the required votes), then....that'd just be fail.

And I do agree with Ronike FoS: Chaco

so dar we have done very little to do we have to go and scum hunt
agreed

lez scumhunz

Chaco

Never Logs In
Bandwagons can be good or bad. Usually, it's kinda bad to bandwagon on a RJV, mainly cause if the person has halfway to a lynch, and if there's a executioner (a role where the person could lynch said person if person has half the required votes), then....that'd just be fail.

And I do agree with Ronike FoS: Chaco
I didn't even bandwagon and you're acting as if I did. It is clearly difference of opinion. Bandwagons are the greatest pressure mechanism in my opinion. They are excellent for gauging reactions, such as Omni. He held the pressure very well, as you may have noticed. I just think it's a bit odd you're undermining a technique, as well as Ronike. Also, you have fallacies within wagons. Mith's version would be "Fourth person on every wagon is scum". To avoid being the hammer vote, they put themselves on before that. So, I'm just saying don't undermine a technique if you do not know the way a player is using it. I'm not saying let's put someone at L-2 and see what happens, that's just dumb. But when you actively speak out against it, you can see buddying, and watch the pressure weigh down. But as said previously, it just my opinion.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I didn't even bandwagon and you're acting as if I did. It is clearly difference of opinion. Bandwagons are the greatest pressure mechanism in my opinion. They are excellent for gauging reactions, such as Omni. He held the pressure very well, as you may have noticed. I just think it's a bit odd you're undermining a technique, as well as Ronike. Also, you have fallacies within wagons. Mith's version would be "Fourth person on every wagon is scum". To avoid being the hammer vote, they put themselves on before that. So, I'm just saying don't undermine a technique if you do not know the way a player is using it. I'm not saying let's put someone at L-2 and see what happens, that's just dumb. But when you actively speak out against it, you can see buddying, and watch the pressure weigh down. But as said previously, it just my opinion.
I'm not speaking as though you did. I'm just merely stating my opinon about wagons. Yeah, they're good for pressure, but they can also backfire badly.

Omni

BRoomer
Whoever doesn't think bandwagoning is a good tool is stupid.

The problem is that my bandwagoners weren't using it in an attempt to pressure me. They were most likely being stupid.

But I wouldn't put it past one of those 3 to be Mafia. Bandwagoning a vote can be scum-tale in late game but it's "safe" during the RVS stage. It is a good way to throw out a vote and seem comfortable while putting the vote out there proving that you somewhat active.

We'll see.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
“I know… no one lives in the slums because they want to. It's like this train. It can't run anywhere except where its rails take it.”

3rd vote count:
Omni (2): KevinM, Chill
Macman (2): Mentos, Handorin
KevinM (2): Chaco, Junglefever
Chaco (1):Macman
Blazer (1): Omis
Omis (1): Marshy
McFox (1): Riddle
Junglefever (1): McFox

Not voting (4): Rockin, Omni, Blazer, Ronike

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I am going to take this post to throw out the obligatory No Lynch idea.

Thoughts?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I am going to take this post to throw out the obligatory No Lynch idea.

Thoughts?
unvote omis vote jungle

you'd always do this in hpmafia. that is, introduce and nudge avenues of discussion leading nowhere. you genuinely think deliberating a no-lynch 2 days into d1 will yield anything?

Riddle

Smash Lord
KevinM, would you care to explain your vote? I would like the RVS to be over as soon as possible and voting for no reason is just annoying. I realize its a null-tell (seriously Kev wouldn't be dumb enough to just randomly vote for no reason as scum), but your vote is not helping town at all without an explanation. Cmon guys lets get out of the joke vote stage its served its purpose.

Unvote: MCfox

Im done with joke voting.

Blazer

Smash Ace
I don't quite get why we'd lynch Chaco. He's entitled to an opinion about how different things on the game work. Granted his opinion led to him telling me I shouldn't unvote a joke vote...

Also, Jungle, why would we no lynch? There's some conversation going on even if it isn't the best. We'd just be hurting ourselves if we no lynched right now.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I wasn't saying we should. I'm normally against it. I was just throwing out the idea right now, gauging reactions.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Nope he would say he knows he's mafia.

I'm saying Chaco seems off and I want investigations to start tomorrow.

That way we can pressure for real.

Chaco

Never Logs In
No lynching sucks.

And because I want a powerful end game team and Chaco just seems off to me.
So based on your approach, you want to lynch on a whim and create a powerful endgame team. Based on the fact that I seem off to you. You said so without explaining what seems off.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Nope he would say he knows he's mafia.

I'm saying Chaco seems off and I want investigations to start tomorrow.

That way we can pressure for real.
Why not start investigations today, Kevin?

Why not pressure now?

Your case is non-existent and seem to just be pitching out crap excuses for voting me. FoS'd.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Don't judge a book by its cover, Chill.

Disney Mafia was my first Mafia. I'm much more capable then you think.
I'm judging you based on you ability to play mafia, that's fair. So far you haven't shown that you are more capable than I think you are. The only thing you've done is to say that one of us 3 that voted for you would likely be mafia. Everyone knows that the mafia will do thier best to avoid attention.

I'm quite satisfied with my vote for now.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
“Oh… you. You're the one who quit SOLDIER and joined AVALANCHE. I knew you'd been exposed to Mako, from the look in your eyes… Tell me, traitor, what was your name?”

“Cloud.”

“Forgive me for asking, but I can't be expected to remember each person's name. Unless you become another Sephiroth. Yes, Sephiroth… He was brilliant. Perhaps too brilliant…”

4th vote count:
Macman (2): Mentos, Handorin
KevinM (2): Chaco, Junglefever
Junglefever (2): McFox, Marshy
Chaco (2): Macman, KevinM
Omni (1): Chill
Blazer (1): Omis

Not voting (5): Rockin, Omni, Blazer, Ronike, Riddle

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for midnight (12:01 AM) EST on September 11.

Omis, Macman, and Mentos have been prodded for inactivity.

Omni

BRoomer
I'm judging you based on you ability to play mafia, that's fair. So far you haven't shown that you are more capable than I think you are. The only thing you've done is to say that one of us 3 that voted for you would likely be mafia. Everyone knows that the mafia will do thier best to avoid attention.

I'm quite satisfied with my vote for now.
Pause. Joke RVS vote; then leaving a vote based on a single game of Mafia you've seen in the past, and the fact that I put a little pressure on you three? OMGUS, indeed.

You can keep your vote and hold on to your hissy fit, but I'm glad to know I can force interesting responses out of you by nudging you just a bit. Of course saying that one of you three could be Mafia was bait to see how one of you would respond. Interesting that it was you.

Mafia will do their best to avoid attention, but they will also avoid trying to seem too lurker-ish. The RVS stage is a perfect time for them to allow their presence to be shown without casting any suspicion on them.

But leave your vote on me. Let us know when you're ready to really contribute.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
'Sup everyone. I'm glad I was able to replace into this game early lol. No uber heavy reading to do. =)

Anyway, I can't believe you guys are seriously debating whether or not bandwagons are good. Like seriously? Really guys? That just saddens me.

BANDWAGONS ARE BAD PEOPLE!

How people don't understand the connotation of the word "bandwagon" is beyond me. bandwagon is mindlessly supporting an idea or following an action with little to no reason other than the fact that other people are doing it. That is COMPLETELY different from having a coordinated pressure vote push on someone. Get it straight people.

Randomly just voting with no explanation for people is just poor town play. It makes you bad and gives the mafia the opportunity to either use that against you, or do it themselves and then shift the blame to others.

However there is a SLIGHT silver lining to some bandwagoning in the early game, as Marshy pointed out for us:

why discourage bandwagons day 1? it's easier to glean info from them than people who have 1 vote on them or anything like that. so keep em coming

unvote omni vote omis
It does provide us with an opportunity to focus our attention and hopefully generate some discussion. Sometimes if you're lucky and playing with a ****ty maf, they'll just out themselves right away with obvious tells as a result. But on the other hand, solid mafs can disperse the blame and use the town against itself.

Anyway, Unvote for now. I gotta go through the thread again later and see if I can find a lead.

Blazer

Smash Ace
IIRC the trend is to kill Frozenflame the first night every game right? Has that changed since I left?

I think we should listen to him while he's alive <_<.

Honestly guys I'm not sure what to say at the moment. I unvoted from the bandwagon because I didn't want it getting too close to a lynch over nothing. From what I got out of it those were mostly joke votes, why people suddenly defended their joke vote reasoning, is beyond me.

Omis

my friends were skinny
I got prodded but I dont have much to say. RVS is stupid and boring and I honestly dont see how people can think bandwagons are a good thing. It just allows teh bad guys to put votes on townies without it seeming suspicious. Ya that isnt good.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Chaco, hard to press with no night actions. I'd rather just have a stronger D2 team where I can push the right lynch.

Top Bottom