• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wurmple COMPLETE. LeafGreen solo with Caterpie now

D13

Smash Ace
Link to original post: [drupal=2335]Pokémon Ruby: single Pokémon playthrough. Featuring...[/drupal]

Pokémon Ruby solo Wurmple run!

I've been waiting for some good games to come out and I needed something to pass the time. This is what I came up with. I know I'll regret it soon >_>.

I caught the first Wurmple I came across and she (it?) maintained a hasty nature. Could be worse, right? I quickly released my Mudkip ( ;_; ) and now I'm on my way to the rock gym. This could take a while.

So. Any predictions on how far I'll get with this? Will I end up shooting myself? Who knows? Right now I need nickname ideas for this little rascal. =P

9/21/09 - COMPLETE

See more details here. No revives used. :bee:

---

And for my next act, I will be playing through LeafGreen version with...

CATERPIE used TACKLE! etc.

Currently have 3 badges. Rock tunnel is stupid.

Read through the thread for past updates!

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I have to say that I had this very same idea with the very same Pokemon. I love Wurmple. Assuming you have plenty of potions, you might make it through the gyms.

Subscribing for updates.

And once you complete a few gyms, I think you should be allowed to have a reviver, a Pokemon you switch in so Wurmple can be revived.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Personally, I'd have done it with Magikarp.

This is awesome too though. Good luck on your Wurmple-only run.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm also taking it upon myself to join in on this, if that's okay. :p

I'll be playing on my Emerald copy.

My Wurmple is gonna be "Pancake".

Mewter

Smash Master
Name it Grubby. I don't know why, but it just sounds fitting.
You're making me want to play through the entirety of Emerald with just Silcoon.
My tip: Don't evolve it, no matter how insane it drives you.

j0s3ph

Smash Apprentice
You shoulda kept Mudkip :(
I don't think you'll get past the fourth gym, but it will be interesting to see what actually does happen

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
With only 3 moves, this is going to be a nightmare.

D13

Smash Ace
That's right, no evolutions. I'm going to do my best to resist temptation.

also PP up spam

Personally, I'd have done it with Magikarp.

This is awesome too though. Good luck on your Wurmple-only run.
Doesn't one of the Elite 4 have some ghost types? That would make a Magikarp solo impossible. :(

@:mad: Awesome. You can post your progress here too if you'd like.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
what are they? tackle/string shot/poison sting?

that sounds hellish. don't use a reviver either or anything, be a man and go solo wurmple. just get an HM ***** and you're good.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Looks like we'll be grinding for days at a time. Should be finished in about two months, since Wurmple is gonna have to be 30 levels above the elite 4 or some ****.

D13

Smash Ace
My little guy is at level 22 right now. So with 2 x defends, 10 potions, 2 super potions, an hour or so of grinding and a bit of luck, Roxanne finally went down. Holy ****. I must have retried that battle 20 times. Stupid crits kept bypassing my x defends.

My basic strategy-

buff up with x defends
poison enemy ASAP (most frustrating part)
stall with potions/tackle

M.K

Level 55
Errr, I hate to be the bearer of bad news.....
Wurmple only has a grand total of three moves: Tackle, String Shot, Poison Sting.

Let me just list some things you are going to have to watch out for:

-Crobat (VERY fast, Poison Sting does nothing)
-Metagross (Poison Sting does nothing)
-The 4th Gym (Fire Types Lul)
-Fortree Gym (LOLOLOOLOL The Skarmory Bird gets the Wurmple...)
-You will be unable to beat Haunter/Gengar....

It might be downright impossible, but hey, you never know....

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
This is why you hack a Wurmple with Boltbeam, what they gon' do now?
Oh, and put like fire blast in for good measure.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Any Steel types are gonna be a nightmare, which is why I decided to be a little ***** and keep a Mudkip handy.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
sounds like just about the worst idea I've ever heard. Seriously, it's impossible.

And even if you manage to prove me wrong, and get past the literally IMPOSSIBLE situations listed by Meta-Kirby (and there are more), you will still be wasting an incredible amount of time and I would laugh at you in the end anyways.

I ALSO hope you realize, that Pokemon max stats out. Wurmple's EVOLUTIONS have terrible max stats, never mind him standing alone.

You are either very dumb for trying this, or a very good troll :-/

stingers

Smash Obsessed
nothing is impossible to damage, there's always struggle.

also, i know if i beat the game with solo wurmple, i'd feel so satisfied. lol

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Solo Wurmple run just won't cut it, so I'm keeping that Mudkip, bro.

M.K

Level 55
Any Steel types are gonna be a nightmare, which is why I decided to be a little ***** and keep a Mudkip handy.
Then it's not a Single-Pokemon Run...
...its just an annoyingly unsatisfactory run >.>
Lots of people have done it before, don't keep that Mudkip handy.

*pushes trash can towards you*

Just put it there and.....

stingers

Smash Obsessed
mad, as long as you dont use the mudkip in battle, its legit...

i mean you NEED HM whores, just keep them KO'd at all times.

oh, don't teach fly to anyone either, that's the one hm thats not necessary so u can't use it @.@

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'll be needing that Mudkip for Surf, Dive, and whatnot.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Yeah, you'll need HM Slaves.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Peter - Mudkip; Level 8
Pancake - Wurmple; Level 5.

I'll probably be grinding for another 20 minutes.

M.K

Level 55
sounds like just about the worst idea I've ever heard. Seriously, it's impossible.

And even if you manage to prove me wrong, and get past the literally IMPOSSIBLE situations listed by Meta-Kirby (and there are more), you will still be wasting an incredible amount of time and I would laugh at you in the end anyways.

I ALSO hope you realize, that Pokemon max stats out. Wurmple's EVOLUTIONS have terrible max stats, never mind him standing alone.

You are either very dumb for trying this, or a very good troll :-/
Not impossible, and I only listed very difficult scenarios, not impossible ones.
The only impossible situation would be if there was a Ghost/Steel type, but there aren't, so therefore everything can be LOLPP'd down to Struggle, then KO'd.
But that Wurmple has to have some high defenses, and judging by his base stats....

....urgh, did I just convince myself that this might actually be impossible through writing this?!

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I wish this were like the anime, where Ash can KO everything and their mother with **** Pokemon.

Edit: I'm not USING Mudkip, he's just there for future HMs. I start with a Surfer so I don't have to catch one in the future.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
In the anime, Tackle is pretty much more effective than Hyper Beam, it's kinda stupid.

Maybe it was Giga Impact and they didn't actually decide to make its ingenuity public until D/P.

IxxI

Smash Fence
I'm guessing you don't liek Mudkipz. :(

I had the same idea, but I didn't know which Pokemon to do it with. Good luck. ;D

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Not impossible, and I only listed very difficult scenarios, not impossible ones.
The only impossible situation would be if there was a Ghost/Steel type, but there aren't, so therefore everything can be LOLPP'd down to Struggle, then KO'd.
But that Wurmple has to have some high defenses, and judging by his base stats....

....urgh, did I just convince myself that this might actually be impossible through writing this?!
http://www.smogon.com/rs/pokemon/wurmple

Wurmple has a base 35 Defense. He said his Wurmple was Hasty, which is a nature which reduces Defense and raises Special Attack iirc. The nature is useless for it, first of all. Since it was caught in game, I can only assume it has average IVs at best. This means that if he SOMEHOW ingame pours all of Wurmples EVs into Defense (see: this is actually impossible unless he chooses to fight nothing but one specific Pokemon over and over, which I'm sure he hasn't done) It can STILL only max out at 95 Defense. Averaging in how many hits it takes for him to kill, say, the Skarmory in the Flying gym compared to how many hits it would take the Skarmory to take him out (most likely 1, 2 if he is really lucky and spams X Def/is like level 100 by then), it is actually impossible for him to nevermind take out the ENTIRE flying gym, but the Skarmory alone :-/

If someone could pull the stats up for that Skarmory I could prove to you how it is impossible to even get past that, nevermind beat the whole game if he even can get past the god **** FIRE gym >_> In fact, I will prove how a Wurmple with perfect IVs, full EVs in Special Def and Defense, a nature beneficial to Defense, X-Def AND X-Atk cannot get past that Skarm with nothing but TACKLE, which he doesn't even receive a STAB boost for, and **** I'll even assume that you can GET enough money to afford so many X-Def/X-Atk/Super Potions as to forever have them

Top Bottom