• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wurmple COMPLETE. LeafGreen solo with Caterpie now

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'd only ever consider grinding with Eevee, haha.

Eevee is way too cute.

D13

Smash Ace
I'm glad people are being inspired to do their own solo runs. :]

I'm pretty busy this week, so don't expect any big updates.

Edit: completely off topic, but today was my birthday lol. :D

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
You are amazing. And have an amazing birthday, Master of Wurmples.

I'm considering doing this with Seedot.

D13

Smash Ace
With a little help from my 20 rare candies, my grinding career is over. I'm at level 94, and Tate & Liza are finished. It was a huge stallfest while I waited for them to use their 4 hyper potions. dah

Their main attacking moves ran out of PP at one point. I was happy. :]

Girth

Smash Rookie
Have fun with Steven :D
At least it's not Emerald version. Steven in that one is probably nigh impossible.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I really want to do my own solo run now, but I don't want to lose any of my data on Diamond (and my GBA game was "borrowed")...... I guess I could do it on Silver.....

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Have fun with Steven :D
At least it's not Emerald version. Steven in that one is probably nigh impossible.
It isn't Steven in Emerald, it's Wallace.

D13

Smash Ace
These are the items I'm preparing for the elite 4:

-99 Energy roots (they restore 200HP)
-30 x defends
-30 x attacks
-Some lava cookies (cheaper full heals)
-A bunch of ethers/elixers
-other x items/potions/whatever else I want to pour my money into

If only my leppa berries would grow more quickly.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well you still fight Steven in Granite Cave...
No, you fight him in Meteor Falls.

And it's optional, so I wouldn't have counted that one and was thus confused. It sounded like he was saying "At least it's not Emerald, or you'd have to fight a much-tougher Steven at the Elite Four." the way it was worded.

D13

Smash Ace
Hmm... So apparently the only way to get rid of curse is by switching out. Am I allowed to switch to an HM slave, sacrifice him, and then bring Wurmple back in? I don't know if that's an acceptable thing to do in 'solo runs'.

i hate phoebe

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
Hmm... So apparently the only way to get rid of curse is by switching out. Am I allowed to switch to an HM slave, sacrifice him, and then bring Wurmple back in? I don't know if that's an acceptable thing to do in 'solo runs'.

i hate phoebe
What about that berry that clears any negatie status... Lum?
Or is curse not really a status? Like a perish song thing?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I...
disagree.
What do you mean you disagree...? You can't disagree with how it sounded to me...that's like someone saying they're angry and someone saying "No you aren't, you're actually happy."

i hate phoebe
Hm...it's kind of hard to say. On one hand, I'd say in a solo run you can't use any other Pokémon to your advantage. On the other hand, you're not really using the other Pokémon.

If you could somehow find a turn on which the other Pokémon won't be doing anything to affect you, and could use that turn as the one on which the HM slave is out, I think that would definitely be within your limitations...but if you miss a turn of damage, wasting their PP, I think it's technically unfair.

M.K

Level 55

i hate phoebe
Technically, in a "solo run", that is not allowed.
I'm sure you can find a way to get around Curse....

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Technically, in a "solo run", that is not allowed.
I'm sure you can find a way to get around Curse....
Oh, wait...don't ask me why, but I was thinking of the non-Ghost usage of Curse...even though Wurmple can't learn it.

(I know, I know, I'm stupid.)

Yeah, if you're preventing something like that, that's definitely outside the bounds of a solo run.

D13

Smash Ace
The elite 4 has been much more difficult than I predicted. I've finally made it to Steven with about half my potions left.

I may have a shot at this... if I don't get critical'd in the face.

D13

Smash Ace
I was sitting awake in bed last night with nothing better to do, so I decided to give Steven another shot.

I beat him. Challenge complete.

lol

More details will come when I get home from school tomorrow. I just got back from a tennis match and it's almost 8:00. Homework time. >_>

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I was sitting awake in bed last night with nothing better to do, so I decided to give Steven another shot.

I beat him. Challenge complete.

lol
Amazing. You've got my respect.

Also, I think it's appropriate at this time to say...

sounds like just about the worst idea I've ever heard. Seriously, it's impossible.

And even if you manage to prove me wrong, and get past the literally IMPOSSIBLE situations listed by Meta-Kirby (and there are more), you will still be wasting an incredible amount of time and I would laugh at you in the end anyways.

I ALSO hope you realize, that Pokemon max stats out. Wurmple's EVOLUTIONS have terrible max stats, never mind him standing alone.

You are either very dumb for trying this, or a very good troll :-/
Lol.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Good ****. That must have been pretty difficult. I will now send you some sort of delicious baked good lol.

D13

Smash Ace
Game time- 29:30:10

Since it's pointless for me to post any EVs, I'll just post stats.

Wurmple @ Silk Scarf
lvl 100 (female)
Hasty nature

HP: 244/244
Attack: 134
Defense: 104
Sp. Atk: 87
Sp. Def: 90
Speed: 91

Tackle [56/56 PP]
Poison Sting [56/56 PP]
String Shot [40/40 PP]

Note that I removed all HM slaves from my party when I started the Elite 4.

This is how the battle with Steven happened-

He sends out Skarmory; I unleash the feared worm. It is a blessing that a critical aerial ace cannot OHKO me. That allows me to set up 6 x attacks, 6 x defends and 1 x accuracy without much trouble. Tackle now does reasonable damage, so I begin to whittle away at him.

Before I'm able to OHKO this metal bird, Steven switches to Armaldo. Ancientpower criticals from this guy do OHKO me, so I'm a little nervous now. Luckily, he gets no criticals and goes down without much difficulty.

Steven throws in Claydol. Not much happens here. I KO him. In comes Cradily. Steven chooses to waste a few potions on this guy, but I easily take him out. Then (I believe) he sends Skarm back in to give me another easy KO.

Then comes Metagross... haha. Without any second thoughts, he begins to spam Psychic on me. You read that right. Meteor Mash would at least present a threat, but no. He chooses Psychic. In his Psychic spamming, he throws out a random Hyper Beam. This lets me land 2 consecutive hits to secure the KO.

Aggron is last. Its moveset is Earthquake / Dragon Claw / Thunder/ Solar Beam. What a chump, haha. Fighting this guy is time consuming (somehow Steven had a few potions left), but that's about it. I kill him, making me the Pokémon League Champion.

**** yeah wurmple

D13

Smash Ace
Where did you find the stats for Steven's Metagross? I can't seem to find them anywhere. :\

Edit- I did some calculations. Assuming his level 58 Metagross has a 220 attack stat (though I think that estimate is pushing it), Meteor Mash would do 36-42 damage on my +6 defense Wurmple. That's what, like a 7HKO? A critical would still screw me over, however. :[

D13

Smash Ace
I have now begun a solo Caterpie run in LeafGreen. Do you guys care enough to want regular updates?

If not, I'll just post when I finish or can't get any further.

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
You could do something much more useful with your free time. I don't see the point of this challenge: what does it do for you when you're done?

I would use my free time to practice viola or run to improve my mile time. Almost anything is better than trying some useless video game challenge.

Congratulations, you're very good at playing Pokemon.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You could do something much more useful with your free time. I don't see the point of this challenge: what does it do for you when you're done?

I would use my free time to practice viola or run to improve my mile time. Almost anything is better than trying some useless video game challenge.

Congratulations, you're a snob.

Can I ask you what exactly it does for you if you improve your mile time from 7:30 to 7:20? Hm...uh, sense of accomplishment, I guess, right?

Oh wait. That's what this does for him, too.

Why the hell do YOU care what he does with his time? Why is it that people care SO MUCH what other people do with THEIR free time? I could understand maybe telling him he's insane to quit his job or drop out of school to do this, but it's his free time, and he's not quitting a job or dropping out of school to do this.

God, people are so freaking judgmental these days. I could tell you how useless I think it is to work on a stupid mile time too, but the only reason I'm even mentioning it is because you seem to feel the need to be so condescending yourself.

You want to know why he does these? BECAUSE THEY'RE FUN! I know, god forbid someone have fun without your permission.

Stupid and ignorant elitism is stupid and ignorant.

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord

Congratulations, you're very good at playing and instrument no one listens too or cares about.

You: I learned a new concerto on my viola!
wimminz: I don't care you creeper.

Him: I beat a giant metal behemoth with my worm, it was pretty hard but I did it.
wimminz: o plz go out with me!

Judge for yourself who the winner is.
*Hint* A winner is not you.

Top Bottom