• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wurmple COMPLETE. LeafGreen solo with Caterpie now

D13

Smash Ace
Brawly was pretty easy. I took him out on the first try.

Also, Winona's Skarmory is level 32. So it's pretty much a wuss. GG WINONA.

My Cat Owns

Smash Apprentice
http://www.smogon.com/rs/pokemon/wurmple

Wurmple has a base 35 Defense. He said his Wurmple was Hasty, which is a nature which reduces Defense and raises Special Attack iirc. The nature is useless for it, first of all. Since it was caught in game, I can only assume it has average IVs at best. This means that if he SOMEHOW ingame pours all of Wurmples EVs into Defense (see: this is actually impossible unless he chooses to fight nothing but one specific Pokemon over and over, which I'm sure he hasn't done) It can STILL only max out at 95 Defense. Averaging in how many hits it takes for him to kill, say, the Skarmory in the Flying gym compared to how many hits it would take the Skarmory to take him out (most likely 1, 2 if he is really lucky and spams X Def/is like level 100 by then), it is actually impossible for him to nevermind take out the ENTIRE flying gym, but the Skarmory alone :-/

If someone could pull the stats up for that Skarmory I could prove to you how it is impossible to even get past that, nevermind beat the whole game if he even can get past the god **** FIRE gym >_> In fact, I will prove how a Wurmple with perfect IVs, full EVs in Special Def and Defense, a nature beneficial to Defense, X-Def AND X-Atk cannot get past that Skarm with nothing but TACKLE, which he doesn't even receive a STAB boost for, and **** I'll even assume that you can GET enough money to afford so many X-Def/X-Atk/Super Potions as to forever have them
Sounds like he knows his ****. Give up now.

D13

Smash Ace
So apparently there is no x sp defense in game. There goes my plan for Flannery. >_>

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Flannery's Pokémon are nothing spectacular though.

I thought there was a X SpD, but I guess that's only 4th gen.

D13

Smash Ace
I need to get to the point where overheat is not a OHKO. From there I can stall it out with soda pop. :p

Soda pop is the greatest thing ever. Retores 60 HP for the price of a potion.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Oh man, that sounds absurdly annoying and difficult. @_@; Do Zigzagoon at least. Wurmple is suicide.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Good luck with this XD.

I've been thinking about doing something like this with a Squirtle on Leaf Green, as it'll be a fun way to get the only 1st gen starter I haven't got yet. But I probably couldn't get myself to reset it though.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The most interesting challenge in the game is the Ditto challenge, imo.

Mewter

Smash Master
Not even close.
Now a Caterpie run holding flame orb...
Yum.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
That's just trying to make it absurdly difficult.

The Ditto one isn't meant to be super difficult, but rather, it lets you play the game in a very unique way, and it's hella fun if you ask me.

Mewter

Smash Master
That's just trying to make it absurdly difficult.

The Ditto one isn't meant to be super difficult, but rather, it lets you play the game in a very unique way, and it's hella fun if you ask me.
Haha, you're probably right. Caterpie with Flame Orb just sounds frustrating. :laugh:
Ditto run sounds fun.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Remember, you only get 5 PP per move!
And you inherit all the stats of the pokémon you transform into except HP.

So even if you're level 100, you'll have the same attack/defence/speed stats as whatever you transform into. If you can, you should try putting all EVs you feasibly can into HP and Speed. :p

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I lol at the above post. You think too much. Have a little faith in meeee~

Poison sting will still damage them. If I use a bunch of x attacks, I should be ok.
You will never beat Metagross. Even with max X-Attacks all you'll have is NVE non-STAB tackle against a base 130 Defense and 135 base attack.

Also, whoever said that someone beat all of Fire Red with Caterpie, no, no they didn't. Caterpie cant learn anything but tackle and string shot in that game, meaning even at level 100, it still can't beat a lvl 1 ghastly.

Do a solo-Jiggs run. It's at least possible.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
actually, I won a match on Shoddy using struggle once >.>

And even with it, he has no hopes of beating Steven in the Elite Four. All 6 of his pokemon easily wall Wurmple and his metagross, at Level 58 can OHKO Wurmple at lvl 100 unless it has Max HP/Def EV's and a new nature that isn't hasty.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Don't pokémon in the main adventure have like no EVs?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Don't they have a mad scramble of EV's?
Probably.

Whatever they have, they're pretty pathetic, haha. Only Battle Frontier/Tower pokémon are properly EV'd.

Mewter

Smash Master
Oh, Lol. I just took your comment the wrong way.:laugh:
I don't know if they're EV trained.:ohwell:

D13

Smash Ace
You will never beat Metagross. Even with max X-Attacks all you'll have is NVE non-STAB tackle against a base 130 Defense and 135 base attack.

Also, whoever said that someone beat all of Fire Red with Caterpie, no, no they didn't. Caterpie cant learn anything but tackle and string shot in that game, meaning even at level 100, it still can't beat a lvl 1 ghastly.

Do a solo-Jiggs run. It's at least possible.
Yes, Steven will be my biggest problem. But even if I get to him, I will have accomplished something. :]

STATUS REPORT

-Wattson wasn't too much of a problem. I love stat ups.
-The random trainers with 3+ Geodudes are starting to get on my nerves. :mad:
-Maxie was a ***** to fight. I was getting critical'd left and right. (hurrr rhyme)

Funny fact: I went into that fight with 50 soda pops on hand.

Wurmple is now level 42, and I'm not looking forward to the battle with Flannery.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
A choice band or silk bow or some kind of attack boosting hold item might be a decent investment.

Mewter

Smash Master
You may have to evolve it at the last moment if you can't past the final battle. :ohwell:
Good idea, Teran. Go for the +Att items!

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
sounds like just about the worst idea I've ever heard. Seriously, it's impossible.

And even if you manage to prove me wrong, and get past the literally IMPOSSIBLE situations listed by Meta-Kirby (and there are more), you will still be wasting an incredible amount of time and I would laugh at you in the end anyways.

I ALSO hope you realize, that Pokemon max stats out. Wurmple's EVOLUTIONS have terrible max stats, never mind him standing alone.

You are either very dumb for trying this, or a very good troll :-/
Don't be such a baby, it's SUPPOSED to be a challenge. If it turns out to be impossible, it turns out to be impossible, but I'm not sure why everyone feels the need to go "I KNOW SO MUCH AND YOU'RE WRONG SO YOU SHOULD JUST QUIT NOW".

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
I knew this one guy who beat the game with a dustox.
Keep grinding and get lucky with critical hits.
Oh yeah, and you need another pokemon for like ten minutes if you don't want to end up in a struggle fest.

I lol at the above post. You think too much. Have a little faith in meeee~

Poison sting will still damage them. If I use a bunch of x attacks, I should be ok.
It's a dual type.
Poison Ghost.
Not like you have to beat any haunters or gengars in ruby though.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I knew this one guy who beat the game with a dustox.
Keep grinding and get lucky with critical hits.
Oh yeah, and you need another pokemon for like ten minutes if you don't want to end up in a struggle fest.

It's a dual type.
Poison Ghost.
Not like you have to beat any haunters or gengars in ruby though.
Dustox is relatively decent when at a significantly elevated level. It has a more than two pathetic offensive maneuers, too.

Also, the ghost typing still gives it immunity to normal attacks.

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
Also, the ghost typing still gives it immunity to normal attacks.
Yeah, I was aying it's impossible to beat a haunter or gengar with just wurmple.
But it's fine with dutox. Even though no required fight feature either of the afforemented pokemon in ruby.

M.K

Level 55
Yeah, I was aying it's impossible to beat a haunter or gengar with just wurmple.
But it's fine with dutox. Even though no required fight feature either of the afforemented pokemon in ruby.
Err, technically not impossible (Poison Sting still does damage), but now I'm just splitting hairs >.<
It's going to be very, very, very difficult - tl:dr version.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
That was in reference to FR with a Caterpie though, which only learns Tackle and String Shot. :D

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
I'm wondering, are you keeping an everstone on it so you can avoid the annoyingly long evolution sequence every time he levels up? Or, are you keeping an actual battle item on it (since Wurmple probably needs one)?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
:010: > Wurmple

Uhhhhgggg why are you doing this lol. I honestly can't imagine you making it far. At least let it evolve.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Don't be such a baby, it's SUPPOSED to be a challenge. If it turns out to be impossible, it turns out to be impossible, but I'm not sure why everyone feels the need to go "I KNOW SO MUCH AND YOU'RE WRONG SO YOU SHOULD JUST QUIT NOW".
The difference is, I posted undeniable proof as to why this is impossible >_>

But hey, you're right, if someone feels like wasting their life only to fail then I guess I should just let them

D13

Smash Ace
I love how you keep telling me I'm wasting my life.

You're such a downer lol

edit: I just realized leppa beries restore 10 PP just like ether. Time to go farming!

D13

Smash Ace
I'm aware this is a double post and I apologize. This is a very important update!

I just beat Flannery with Wurmple at level 52 (yeah, I did a bit of grinding for this one). Here's how it went down.

Flannery has 3 pokemon:
-Slugma 1
-Slugma 2
-Torkoal

Both Slugma's were easily 2HKOd. If one of them managed to pull off a sunny day, I had to potion stall on Slugma 2 until it wore off (this is so I don't get ***** by Torkoal). I had a decent chance of surviving the first overheat from Torkoal. Once overheat ran out of PP it was cheese.

Overheat criticals did **** on my plans a few times, though. **** things bypass stat reductions.

Girth

Smash Rookie
Any pokemon can do it so long as you believe in them enough.

What have you been using to grind?

D13

Smash Ace
I've been grinding on Route 113 for some extra attack EVs. Now that I have full EVs, it doesn't matter where anymore.

BTW: Norman was a pushover.

Top Bottom