• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project GENO - MarioDK Demo out

Weboh

Smash Rookie
But long story long, why? I mean, Lucas is the same size and weight as Toon Link. And it's not like Geno's skills are related to Toon Link in any way.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
Basically, we have to patch the following for the Geno over Lucas to work perfectly:

FitLucas.pac
FitLucas0#.pac (# = number. It could be 1, 2, etc)
FitLucas0#.pcs
FitLucasMotionetc.pac
ft_lucas.rel

To start, Lucas and Toon Link have different animation names (meaning that Lucas will t pose often, assuming the game doesn't even crash in the first place).
We would also have to rename the animation references in the subaction slots.

However, the real problem is that REL file. As of now, it is near impossible to edit RELs. You would also need to learn Power PC ASM.

There are also articles (character specific props, usually found in REL and Fitchar.pac files) available. (another fatal problem)

For these reasons, you can't port Toon Link over Lucas by simply renaming the files to "FitLucas."

Mariohuge

Smash Apprentice
I always thought Geno's final smash should be Geno Whirl. Sure, the one everyone would think of is Geno Flash, but I think it would work better as a down-B. The Geno Whirl could work as a Light Arrow, except much faster, deals 999% damage, and has a second-long animation before it (so fighters have a chance to escape it). As for other B moves, geno boost as an up-b works well. Maybe if it increased damage, too, since that's what it does in SMRPG. The regular B move of fighter Geno is also great, though maybe the side B could be his Star Gun. Fires a burst of 5 bullets, each one dealing about 4-5% of damage. Forward smash could maybe be his elbow cannon (I forget what it's called).
Other than that, Geno works well as he is. If you make changes to his attributes, keep him light but strong. He shouldn't be too hard to KO, but he should be able to deal some big damage.

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
It's a shame that this topic is deader than dead, this is a very solid PSA and It'd be great if someone could balance it for Project M, even if it's not in the official build.

Mwauthzyx

Smash Apprentice
Someone should really pick this up and complete it. It honestly has the potential to be amazing.

Top Bottom