• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chibo Presents: Beyond the Limit 2 - Philly, PA - Nov 14 - LIVESTREAM NOW!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

be⋅yond [bee-ond, bi-yond]
–preposition
1. outside the understanding, limits, or reach of; past: beyond comprehension; beyond endurance; beyond help.
2. superior to; surpassing; above: wise beyond all others.

lim⋅it [lim-it]
–noun
1. the final, utmost, or furthest boundary or point as to extent, amount, continuance, procedure, etc.: the limit of his experience; the limit of vision.
2. a boundary or bound, as of a country, area, or district.
3. tech skill in Brawl; it's like Brawl has a limit on tech skill with its dumbed down mechanics.

Are YOU Ready For The First Brawl+ Gold RC1 Main Event?
~The first Release Candidate version of Brawl+~​

Table of Contents

(Click a label to jump to the appropriate section)
<a href = #1>I. Introduction</a>
<a href = #2>II. Basic Information</a>
..........<a href = #2a>a. Date</a>
..........<a href = #2b>b. Location</a>
..........<a href = #2c>c. Schedule</a>
..........<a href = #2d>d. Price</a>
..........<a href = #2e>e. Payout</a>
..........<a href = #2f>f. Rules and Regulations</a>
<a href = #3>III. Rules</a>
..........<a href = #3a>a. Singles</a>
..........<a href = #3b>b. Doubles</a>
<a href = #4>IV. Changes in Brawl+</a>
<a href = #5>V. Traveler's Info</a>
..........<a href = #5a>a. Driving To Philadelphia</a>
..........<a href = #5b>b. Public Transportation</a>
..........<a href = #5c>c. Housing</a>
..........<a href = #5d>d. Map of the Area</a>
<a href = #6>VI. People Interested In Coming</a>
<a href = #7>VII. Contact Info</a>

<a name = 1>I. Introduction</a>

To many, Brawl+ is the greatest thing to happen to the game since it came out over a year ago. Brawl+ takes everything competitive players have been discontent with, and changes it into a game more suited to competitive play by quickening gameplay, balancing characters, and changing various techniques. The days of exciting matches, skillful 0-death combos, and edge of your seat excitement are back. BtL2 is the first major tournament to feature the first official Gold release of Brawl+.

<a name = 2>II. Basic Information</a>

<a name = 2a>IIa. Date</a>

Saturday - November 14th, 2009

<a name = 2b>IIb. Location</a>

Van Renesslar Hall
3320 Powelton Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19104

The tournament will be located in the Living Room/Ballroom. Most people will be familiar with this venue as it is the same one we use for CoT3 Brawl, ToS Olympeia, and the kickoff tournament for the DSO Fall Circuit.

YOU NEED TO HAVE PHOTO ID TO ENTER THE VENUE
Anything will work, even a simple school ID

<a name = 2c>IIc. Schedule</a>

The venue will be open to everyone starting at 10:00am Saturday morning. The tournament will end sometime between 9:30pm and 10:00pm.

Late signups will start at 10:15am and will go on until about 10:45am so the first match can start at approximately 11:00am. Please arrive no later than 10:30am if you plan on entering doubles (whether or not you need to register late).

So since the tournament opens at 10am and doubles starts at 11am, that leaves everyone with a solid hour of friendlies so you can get used to the game (if you haven't played it before) and to have more time to play one of the best games ever!

Following doubles, we will start singles pools. Singles bracket will start as soon as pools are finished. Pools will likely eliminate down to a 32 person bracket. If there is anytime left over at the end, then perhaps we could do a draft crew battle.

<a name = 2d>IId. Price</a>

Venue Fee: $7 per person (applicable to everyone) (register online by November 10th to receive this discount. If you fail to register online and must pay at the door, the venue fee will be increased to $15)
A guest pass will be available at the venue (for those attending the tourney but not entering any events) for $5
Doubles: $20 per team ($10 per person)
Singles: $10 per person
If you bring a TV and a game setup, I will hand you $5 in person (so just pay the full price online for pre-reg, then I will give you the $5 in person.)

~Registration is Closed!~

Pools for singles will be posted online a couple of days before the event!

For a game setup to be used, you must bring:
-A Wii
-Brawl Disc or USB Loader w/ Brawl
-Homebrew Channel or Erase all custom stages off of your Wii

<a name = 2e>IIe. Payout</a>

Doubles and Singles:
1st Place: 60%
2nd Place: 30%
3rd Place: 10%

Payouts will be altered if need be according to the number of entrants.

<a name = 2f>IIf. Rules and Regulations</a>

• There are no refunds
  • Whether you are in the tourney or not, you must pay the venue fee
  • DO NOT LOAD YOUR GAME THROUGH THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL!!! If you are caught loading your game through the homebrew channel without asking, you will be asked to leave. I will load the codes myself. I might be using a different code set than other people.
  • Trash talking is allowed, and is encouraged! We love the hype! However, please do not distract the players too much at their discretion. Respect their right to focus on a match.
  • Any destruction of anyone's property at the venue will not be tolerated, and in the case of such an event, you will be asked to leave.
  • No drugs, alcohol, or any crap like that in there. If you have any, you will be kicked out.
  • Chibo's Videos For The Masses Rule: By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match. Failure to abide by this rule can result in a DQ for a tournament match.

Reasoning: I believe that if players attend tournaments and play with the potential ability to win money at the expense of the community, the community is allowed to watch matches that are part of these tournaments that had money on the line.
  • Other standard rules apply, don't be stupid, lets all have an awesome time!

<a name = 3>III. Rules</a>

<a name = 3a>IIIa. Singles</a>

Any of these are subject to change before the tournament!
  • 4 Stocks
  • 8 Minute Time Limit
  • No Items
  • If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You can not quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.
  • First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.
  • Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.
  • You may not counterpick a stage you have already won on earlier that set.
  • Stages:

Starter

Battlefield
    Final Destination
    Smashville
    Yoshi's Island Brawl
    Pokemon Stadium 2

Counterpick

Wario Ware
    Lylat Cruise
    Pokemon Stadium
    Brinstar
    Castle Siege
    Battleship Halberd
    Delfino Plaza
    Luigi's Mansion
    Frigate Orpheon
    Rainbow Cruise
    Wifi Waiting Room
  • If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it (best 2 out of 3, no items, FD only).
  • Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
    • If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
    • If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.
  • GOTM's Rule Double Modified: King Dedede infinite chain grabbing isn't in this game, but if it was, it would be allowed, and greatly encouraged to be used as much as possible on Inui. lol.

<a name = 3b>IIIb. Doubles</a>

• Same standard rules and stages as singles.
  • Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is using a character that might make it tough to determine the teams color (like Sonic, Lucario, or Pokemon Trainer), either team is allowed to request control of a certain color (for themselves or their opponent) to help lessen confusion. In a disagreement, go by rock paper scissors.
  • Stock sharing is allowed.
  • Team Attack is on.

<a name = 4>IV. Changes in Brawl+</a>

Code:
Full change list coming soon.
BtL will use the first gold release of Brawl+
Download link coming soon.

Check out the Brawl+ Website for more info and how to install Brawl+

<a name = 5>V. Traveler's Info</a>

<a name = 5a>Va. Driving To Philadelphia</a>

-Coming Soon-

<a name = 5b>Vb. Public Transportation</a>

-Coming Soon-

<a name = 5c>Vc. Housing</a>

-Coming Soon-

<a name = 5d>Vd. Map of the Area</a>

-Coming Soon-

<a name = 6>VI. Registered Attendees</a>

Current Registrants: 38
  • ChiboSempai
  • GuruKid
  • TUSM
  • .com
  • CloneHat
  • Truth
  • Phillyrider
  • Yes!
  • Blackanese
  • Veril
  • MXXD
  • CH_R
  • Bakuryu
  • g-reg
  • Thunderhorse
  • Vex Kasrani
  • Naza
  • Shongotskills
  • Ref
  • Silven
  • Glick
  • Khanti
  • Bionic Sonic
  • Bnzaaa
  • TheCape
  • JCaesar
  • Sabs801
  • Count_Kaiser
  • Lobos
  • VisT
  • MexiMadnez
  • quinnydinny
  • DaiAndOh
  • Ryoko
  • ChaosKnight
  • Beat
  • Allied
  • F00LY

<a name = 7>VII. Contact Info</a>

Please contact ChiboSempai for all questions. You can PM me here on SmashBoards, or catch me on AIM @ ChiboSempai.
Cell number: 609-226-1665 (This isn't my personal number, I'm borrowing someone's phone the day of the tournament so don't call this number expecting me the day after the tournament)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I forgot to mention, there will be online pre-reg for this tourney which I should have up by the end of the week

zxeon

Smash Lord
Is there gonna be another live stream? Because I'll be interested to watch. I'd love to go but I can't get there from Indiana.

Also what's a TUSM?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
6 hours away?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

There'll never be a tournament anywhere near me!
its worth it

ppl drove 6 hours to the first BtL

and this one has a much bigger venue, the gold version of brawl+, and should have more TVs.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Is the next version actually considered a gold release?
I think its closer to a release candidate, in the sense that it is going to sit around for many months and have a solid metagame develop before anything else advances from it.

Regardless, I'll actually be able to drive to this one... didn't have my full license when the first BtL happened :p

I just hope school doesn't slap me in the face around November... Last thing I want is for my AP courses to kick a lot of work in my direction a few days before this.
Assuming that doesn't happen, I'm looking forward to this :)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I forgot to meniton, after the gold release is available to the public soon, I will discuss the ruleset with the rest of the WBR. the rules currently are for the most part copied from BtL1, so they will likely change a lil

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Is there gonna be another live stream? Because I'll be interested to watch. I'd love to go but I can't get there from Indiana.

Also what's a TUSM?
Watch the live stream, and I'll show you what TUSM is all about.

I am STILL upset that I don't have my 2v1 taunt.......>_>

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Chibo. Make a public announcement about Replays.

And dont be afraid to DQ someone for not doing that ****. Really. It pissed off alot of people last time. I was one of them. .___.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Chibo. Make a public announcement about Replays.

And dont be afraid to DQ someone for not doing that ****. Really. It pissed off alot of people last time. I was one of them. .___.
Watching Winner's and seeing Andy G taking names with Olimar only to have the replays not saved... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Yea chibo u need to enforce pressing that **** z button.

And you know im there! Do i see a epic commentary setup with me dotcom truth and chibo??? SPLOOKEN!!

Me and Dotcom teaming and U.F.B/T.O.S Crew will run things

GuruKid

Smash Ace
[*]Chibo's Videos For The Masses Rule: By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match. Failure to abide by this rule can result in a DQ for a tournament match.

Reasoning: I believe that if players attend tournaments and play with the potential ability to win money at the expense of the community, the community is allowed to watch matches that are part of these tournaments that had money on the line.
This is a good rule. More tournaments should have this.

And yeah, maybe put some signs on the tv's or something reminding people to save replays.

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
Count me in I need to make it past 2 matchs this time, considering IC don't have the change grab and marths not AS annoying I might actually make it farther this time!

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Yea chibo u need to enforce pressing that **** z button.

And you know im there! Do i see a epic commentary setup with me dotcom truth and chibo??? SPLOOKEN!!

Me and Dotcom teaming and U.F.B/T.O.S Crew will run things
I want you to remind Kaiser and the whole world that everybody needs to bring out their fourthdaries to do work.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm going to look into the whole replay issue...

However at least on the main TV, the livestream is going to be epic. It's going to be
-Better quality
-Shots of the players
-Commentary
-Full Recording (at near top quality, not crappy ustream recording)
-Bracket Display
-Other videos to watch while you wait for matches

That's all im saying. I'm not revealing how I'm doing it or a demo of what I will be doing until about 2 weeks from now. My new livestream method will debut at the DSO Fall Circuit Opener

Dan_X

Smash Lord
I really want to go to this. It's a 6 hour drive from Boston... I don't think I can handle that. What's the best way to get there? Do you think that there's a bus line, or train, I could take? I'd say airplane but not sure if a 6 hour drive merits an airplane as a flight is probably way too expensive.

Why can't I teleport?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
You could look for a car pool so you don't have to do the driving. Doesn't Shanus or one of the other WBR members live up in RI? A bus or somethign would take a lot longer than 6 hours likely. If you can get to NY though, theres a bus from NY that takes u to philly right near the venue. If you decide to fly (I just flew to NH last month, it was $120 round trip, you might be able to find it for $100 (that's after fees)), you can fly into PHL and take a quick 20 min train ($6 or somethin each way) that drops u off to walking distance from the venue.

I'll be updating all the transportation info in the OP soon

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Why are you hosting a tournament for this awful game on the same day that I'm hosting something very large featuring two godlike people from Texas as special guests? ~_~

Maaaaad dumb, Chibo.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
I want you to remind Kaiser and the whole world that everybody needs to bring out their fourthdaries to do work.
The term is quaternary. For the love of God, it's quaternary.

And I don't have one. :( Closest to a quaternary I have is.....DDD, and I suck with him. :laugh:

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Chibo i recommend moving to another date- not because i plan on attending this, but because most people will go to inui's over this

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
Gold? Already? Seriously?

Even with squirtleknight still being a character that people will pick in swarms like metaknight? Even with....bleh..im not going to start complaining now. HYPPPPEE.

I said I would'nt travel until brawl+ went gold, but holy **** ITS GOING GOLD! GIMME DAT MONEY!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Chibo i recommend moving to another date- not because i plan on attending this, but because most people will go to inui's over this
There's nothing I can do about the date. The next three months are so freicken packed in, this was the only date I could choose. I had put in the request to rent the venue from my school on this date before Inui even announced his tourney.

Besides, the crowd for the game is quite different. People who really enjoy Brawl+ typically tend to be sort of discontent with Brawl and would rather go to a huge Brawl+ event than your run of the mill Brawl tourney that happens all the time. Plus, the only states that Inui's attendance draw from is mainly NJ and NY (and like 2, no more than 5 PA players). Insomniac from NY is going to come to this, I'm sure Yes will find a way here from NJ and probably bring someone with him, etc. Everyone that I would expect to go to Inui's over this didn't even come to the first BtL so it's not a biggie. Also not to mention it's incredibly unlikely for MD/VA to go to Inui's tourney, yet they will come for this as there are a ton of MD/VA Brawl+ players, and this is about an hour closer of a drive for them, if not slightly more.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Why are you hosting a tournament for this awful game on the same day that I'm hosting something very large featuring two godlike people from Texas as special guests? ~_~

Maaaaad dumb, Chibo.
You didn't even play the game while in TX, and I was sporting a backroom set too. wtf.

Top Bottom