• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phase 2 - Oct. 17 Dallas, TX - Gnes/Dojo/Razer/PX/KS/OK/LA/RGV/Girls! Hype! Woo! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Lil' Miss Monica proudly presents:

Phase 2
Bringing Dallas tournaments back... That now include brownies and MK legal in 1vs1!
Livestream:

Venue:
Club house at Waterview Apartments on the University of Texas at Dallas.​

Date/time:
October 17, 2009
Registration begins at 12. Tournament starts at 1.​

Address:
2200 Waterview Parkway, Richardson, TX 75080
(Click for map)​

Monica (ladybug): 972-339-2713 / AIM: youftw​

**Housing will come as needed. If a lot of people post they want to come, I'll update this section**

Events and Fees:
Venue - $3
Brawl 1vs1 - $10
Brawl 2vs2 - $5 per person
Duelist - $2
Low Tier - to be decided upon of we have time (I know you Ike players want this :p)​

Setups
I need as many setups as can be brought. Please let me know if you can bring them. I don't have any myself so it's all up to you guys.

TV:
KirbyKid (maybe)
Typ_Ex (2-5)
Monica (2)​
Wii:
Slaps
Samusedaway
Sudai
Willingwell
Zandra
Chic​
Full:
Shuz
Katie
Typ_Ex
Brett​

Standard SBR rules (for the most part)
They can be found here.​

Random/neutral:
Smashville
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi Story
Pokemon Stadium 1​

Counter-pick:
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Rainbow Cruise
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise​

Banned:
Every thing else​

If both players agree on a banned stage, it's okay to use it.

Payout 1vs1
1st=60%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%​

Payout 2vs2
1st=60%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%​

General rules:
3 Stock
8 minute timer
Items are set to "off" and "none"
Matches are best of 3 except in the case of winner's/loser's finals and grand finals.
In the event of a dispute(1vs1 or 2vs2), controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
First round stage will be determined by stage strike system.
No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
In teams matches, ports will be 1221.
If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
Make sure you fix your controller and your tag before you start playing. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.​

Banned Techs
DeDeDe's Infinite grab.
Infinite wall grabs.
Stalling is banned. If you don't know what stalling is...
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Planking is a perfect example.​

Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners.

Ledge Grab Limit Rule:
Characters are allowed to grab the ledge a total of 75 times per round. If you think that your opponent grabbed more than this, check the stats after the round. If it is exceeded the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your match (not the set). However, this rule can be ignored if BOTH players agree.

KATIE'S BIRTHDAY
Yaaaaaaaaaaay! Get excited!

It is also Miss Katie's birthday that day. I will be baking a cookie cake for her and we will be celebrating. :)

There will also be brownies in thanks for coming, supporting this and supporting Dallas Smash.

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
Finally something I can go to cause its on the weekend and doesn't start on friday! I'll bring a Wii. Kirbykid and Marcus have my TV so if they come that'll be one setup for you. They probably will come too. See ya there!

Sudai

Stuff here
Espy, it's still in the back of my car and we'd be taking my car so it'll be there. I just have to remember it once I'm actually there. Haha. Actually, what you can do is send me text all day on the 17th to make sure I'll remember since apparently Andy was no help there. :p

225-223-8992 if you don't already have it.

Monica, is the plushy thing that Gnes is talking about the thing in your sig? The same that Fogo's Waddle Doo that says "Fogo" on it is? :O If so, how much do they cost and could I possibly get one? It seems like you have a lot in the queue already so I understand if you'd rather not. :]

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Mmhmm sure is. It's a hobby of mine atm so they are free. :) Just let me know what you want and I'll get it out asap. Like I said, school's kinda wrecking me atm, but I've got some free time coming up so I can start working on them again.

Sudai

Stuff here
Awesome! :O

If it's not too hard to find, a gyroscope (the thing ROB's down-b produces) with "Sudai" on the blade would be awesome. If that's too hard to find, a ROB with "Sudai" on his base would be awesome too.

I want to pay for the material cost, though. Even if it's a hobby, I'd still feel bad about making you spend money on something you're giving to me at my request, you know?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Espy, it's still in the back of my car and we'd be taking my car so it'll be there. I just have to remember it once I'm actually there. Haha. Actually, what you can do is send me text all day on the 17th to make sure I'll remember since apparently Andy was no help there. :p

225-223-8992 if you don't already have it.
Done and done. I love you Sudai. And your signature. A lot.

Monica, is the plushy thing that Gnes is talking about the thing in your sig? The same that Fogo's Waddle Doo that says "Fogo" on it is? :O If so, how much do they cost and could I possibly get one? It seems like you have a lot in the queue already so I understand if you'd rather not. :]
Mmhmm sure is. It's a hobby of mine atm so they are free. :) Just let me know what you want and I'll get it out asap. Like I said, school's kinda wrecking me atm, but I've got some free time coming up so I can start working on them again.
All this time, and I have NEVER seen the signature in her posts. You make plush things? That's awesome. I've been looking for someone who could make some plushies.

Sudai

Stuff here
I love my signature a lot too. :D I am a Tangela, so I figure I should be surrounded by them, ya know? :p I'm glad you like it though. I think it's smexy. :]

Oh, and Monica's siggy is in the first post. ;]

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I will try to make this.

And monica I will so give you $5 or more if you make me IC plushies. Preferably white like the color of IC's I play :p I've been trying to find some but all the ones I find are like...over $100 ;_;.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
All this time, and I have NEVER seen the signature in her posts. You make plush things? That's awesome. I've been looking for someone who could make some plushies.
Yes I make them. :) I posted a few pictures in the Dallas thread. Just let me know. I'm not -amazing- to where I can do anything, but I'm willing to try. :)

YESZ!

I'm so asking off for work that day.

So how big is this clubhouse we'll be playing in?
Billy said it was big enough. He was thinking for about 60 - 80 people. So pretty well sized.

I will try to make this.

And monica I will so give you $5 or more if you make me IC plushies. Preferably white like the color of IC's I play :p I've been trying to find some but all the ones I find are like...over $100 ;_;.
I can't comprehend over $100. The materials don't cost that much and they probably use a machine (as compared to hand sewn like I do) so there's very little labour involved. I'll make you some.

Monica ill give u a dollar...and a hug :)
Dang Gnes dollar AND hug?! I dunno if I can handle all that. :p

We have the venue for 12 hours, 12 - 12. I, myself, can bring 2 TV's (I found some. :D). Plus I need to know who needs housing.

Kates893

Smash Apprentice
HYPEEEEEEEE. This is gonna be so awesome. And its on mah birfday:) Cookie cake!!

I can bring a TV, Wii and brawl. So one full setup. And I MAY be able to house some ppl if needed, not sure yet though.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yes I make them. :) I posted a few pictures in the Dallas thread. Just let me know. I'm not -amazing- to where I can do anything, but I'm willing to try. :)
It just feels a little bizarre asking, since I haven't really met you, if ever. ;;
Um, is it possible to make a plushie red Chaos Emerald?

Alessandra

Smash Apprentice
I'll most likely go to this. Give some support and what not. But hopefully you recognize me this time not like at the Balanced Brawl tourney :p

Ladybug

Smash Lord
She's a girl. Doesn't do competitive but likes to watch. She's nice, talked to her a few times. I missed her at the UTD tourney. :( Her birthday is the 24th. Double celebration if she comes. :D

God forbid we hit on her and scare her off. >.< *mumbles*

I think chukys got it though. ;)

And it's also Jinx's birthday the 14th but she won't be there because she's lame. But we'll still cover hers as well. Katies though is ON the 17th, so she's priority. :D

<3 mah girlfriend.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Hit on her? We dont like girls around here, all about that gay loving.

Too much b-day at this tourney, if we meet in pools or bracket, you'll get no sympathy from me. /Ike

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
You a girl? Or another purdi case? lol
*Insert long string of mumbling madness here*

Hey now... I'm trying to get this situation worked out... I'll be changing my name soon so this won't be a problem. I just have to become a premium member for a few months.

How does TrenTonHammer sound?

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
I plan on coming to this pending on my schedule. Pending who rides with me i could bring anywhere from 1-probably 5 tvs, but one wii :ohwell:

chuky

Smash Cadet
haha u mexican u better make my yard look all nice and **** before we go

Shuzaku

Smash Apprentice
ill be there with a setup, if you need me to help with the tourney ill be more than happy to =D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom