• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Solved] Homebrew Update 1.0.5 - Causing BootMii and GeckoOs Freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
i have reason to believe its a problem with the update. Offsubject, but curiously, how many people actually have senyt their wii in to nintendo for disc read errors? i sent it in twice, and its starting to have read errors again

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I've sent mine in because the laser dies.

I run DVD's so I think that might have been and still is my problem. DVD's might put lots of stress on the wii laser but what do I know.

iLink

Smash Champion
Mine is running perfectly fine with the new update.

My laser died out once on me but I haven't had a problem with it anymore.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Does the Brawl disc work through the disc channel? Have you tried running the No Homebrew method to see if its the disc and not the update?

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Does the Brawl disc work through the disc channel? Have you tried running the No Homebrew method to see if its the disc and not the update?
Disc is fine. I tested everything. USBloader works too. The DISC isn't the problem; HBC Magically won't load through BootMii and it made Brawl stop loading correctly through Gecko somehow.

This all started RIGHT after I updated, and I don't like the new changes either.

EpE

Smash Rookie
just install preloader
it should have an option to skip the wii disc update

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
mine is working perfectly fine. O_o

I installed bootmii as both an sd card thing and boot2, whatever that is. O_o

and I love how the new update makes it easier to navigate :D

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Ever since I updated my Homebrew I can't go into Homebrew from Bootmii and whenever I'm on Brawl though Gecko OS theres more freezes now. o_o The **** is goin on? D:

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
wtf? how are you guys having problems? O_O

I'm perfectly fine.

how is your bootmii installed? sd card or IOS etc?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
BootMii needs to be reinstalled

The reason is because it's trying to launch HBC via the "HAXX" ticket, where should be launching the "JODI" ticket.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I'm having the same problem after updating, except none of my apps will load :/

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Re-installing Bootmii fixed it for me.

Nevermind. However, it seems like this problem only happens with my HBC after Brawl freezes, for some reason.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did update the HBC, and so far it operates without much issues. I guess that's because I never installed BootMii nor upgraded my System Menu (still on 4.0).

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
I fixed this problem, here is what i did:
I deleted the bootmii folder and boot.elf from my SD card, downloaded HackMii Installer v0.5 at URL REMOVED and put the boot.elf file from the download in the root of the SD card. Now go to Wii options and go to Wii channels, then click on SD card, click yes to load boot.elf. Now install BootMii as "boot2" (Don't know if this means much of anything, but it's at least what i did) and after i did this, my BootMii now loads Homebrew Channel fine. If it doesn't help you, i'm sorry.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I fixed this problem, here is what i did:
I deleted the bootmii folder and boot.elf from my SD card, downloaded HackMii Installer v0.5 at [ and put the boot.elf file from the download in the root of the SD card. Now go to Wii options and go to Wii channels, then click on SD card, click yes to load boot.elf. Now install BootMii as "boot2" (Don't know if this means much of anything, but it's at least what i did) and after i did this, my BootMii now loads Homebrew Channel fine. If it doesn't help you, i'm sorry.
But this isn't mah problem ;_;

I can't play Brawl+ anymore because Gecko refuses to load codes while HBC is there. SD Loader surely won't do the trick, all it is is Gecko Os.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I just updated today, and also forgot to reinstall bootmii.

I had to extract the whole installer to my apps folder on my SD card, and that allowed me to run it through the HBC (F:\apps\hackmii_installer\boot.elf) and then uninstalling/reinstalling fixed my problem.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Oh, well that's weird. It still loads fine for me. Try removing Gecko from your SD, then download it again.
I did this twice, one because I had a "fake" gecko app on it (I don't know @_@) and two because I just wanted to try again. No dice.

HBC would NOT be causing Gecko to be stupid like this...yet this is only happening because of 1.0.5.

Affinity could you make sure you mention my problem and the Video I posted in Wiibrew? They didn't seem to actually try reading. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom