• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Solved] Homebrew Update 1.0.5 - Causing BootMii and GeckoOs Freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
Well sry i didnt bring this up last night but the main reason why I wanted to load brawl from homebrew is so I can try my music hacks (for some reason brawl+ works with Gecko OS). Are there any other solutions other than erasing everything except Gecko OS? ) :

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
Actually no. Im guessing ill have to put it on the root of the sd card.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
OK, hang on. I'd just like to know:

If I download the HackMii installer 0.5 and use it to install BootMii beta 4, will everything in my Homebrew Channel still work?

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
OK, hang on. I'd just like to know:

If I download the HackMii installer 0.5 and use it to install BootMii beta 4, will everything in my Homebrew Channel still work?
Just use the hackmii installer to update Boot2 and the Homebrew Channel. Update Homebrew first though, just in case.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yesterday my game froze once when I used the newest HBC and Gecko OS. Nothing bad ever happened when I ran Gecko OS again.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
EDIT: It seems apps will freeze if the network is not finished checking for updates.

Unfortunate. Just watch the Earth icon at the bottom right, and if it is still blinking don't open an app, just in case. Continue when it stops.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Umm... I've got 4.2U and my Wii hasn't been bricked, but my Gecko 1.9.2 will not work. It just goes blank, and my WiiMote shuts off. Any reason why?

I got around this by getting the older version of Gecko, 1.0.7 I think, and everything loads fine. What's the difference, and why is the older version not freezing over the newer version?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Umm... I've got 4.2U and my Wii hasn't been bricked, but my Gecko 1.9.2 will not work. It just goes blank, and my WiiMote shuts off. Any reason why?

I got around this by getting the older version of Gecko, 1.0.7 I think, and everything loads fine. What's the difference, and why is the older version not freezing over the newer version?
Because Gecko OS 1.9.2 runs of IOS60, it needs it to run and IOS60 became a stub with the new update if you were an idiot with upgrading, IE, you used the Wii Update.

So, you need to reinstall the old version. Use Dop IOS v8.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Because Gecko OS 1.9.2 runs of IOS60, it needs it to run and IOS60 became a stub with the new update if you were an idiot with upgrading, IE, you used the Wii Update.

So, you need to reinstall the old version. Use Dop IOS v8.
Oh. Well, as long as I can use the hacks through some form of Gecko, I'm happy. Hopefully a new Gecko comes about, and is ran on a different IOS.

Yes, I did update through the Wii, simply because I waited, until my Homebrew was updated, but apparently that makes no difference since it shot my Gecko, but I don't care now.

Is there a way to revert the upgrade and redo it, so that the stub can be removed? If not, oh well. I'm fine with Gecko, in any form it comes in.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I still would to know why apps load so stupidly in 1.0.6 (I WTF'd @ new update ALREADY). Even though my problem was false, the current app loading problem (not being able to load an app before the network is finished checking for updates) still exists.

Neo X

Smash Apprentice

Wait! You can download an older version of Gecko in replacement of Gecko OS 1.9.2?

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Wait! You can download an older version of Gecko in replacement of Gecko OS 1.9.2?
Of course. Gecko Os isn't Installed, it's just placed on the SD and loaded.

Any older version of most apps in Homebrew can be loaded, and you can even have two versions of the same program if you like.

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
Cool! In that case, im gonna try to do what Sacr3d mentioned to see if my Gecko would work now.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
is the new homebrew as faulty as the last? cause I don't want any trouble with my apps on homebrew...

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
honestly i updated it but nothing new happened much. (not that i know of)

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
I cannot get gecko os to work no matter how hard I try... I have done the .dol file thing.. I'm pretty sure I have the latest HBC update.. bootmii just simply wont let it lod.. I'm new to the modding scene and wanna play my japanese brawl really bad.... any help would be amazingly appreciated PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom