• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Solved] Homebrew Update 1.0.5 - Causing BootMii and GeckoOs Freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
just redownload bootmii when you're updating to 1.05, and download it as both an sd card and boot2.

how are you people having so many problems!?!?!?!??

MBlaze

Smash Champion
EDIT: I fixed the problem by redoing what NikoPunkSuperMario said (Thank you) and the bootmii and stuff works. I have yet to test my Gecko but I'll most likely be playing today so I'll report any problems.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
The only "problem" I came across was Preloader wouldn't let me go to HBC due to some error but I came still go with Bootmii.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
I updated the homebrew channel and installed bootMii as a boot2. it won't load homebrew through the bootmii menu (or respond to a wii controller...I can only make selections on bootMii with a GC controller...is that normal?) should I install bootMii as IOS to get it to work fine? also, I have system menu 3.3(4?)...can someone PM me some details on how to install 4.0?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I updated the homebrew channel and installed bootMii as a boot2. it won't load homebrew through the bootmii menu (or respond to a wii controller...I can only make selections on bootMii with a GC controller...is that normal?
Yes, you can only navigate the bootmii menu with the GC controller.

Exospaciac

Smash Rookie
Not only does GeckOS freeze sometimes, but all of my homebrew channel apps will randomly freeze and/or take me to a black screen that eventually says "reset" at the bottom.

How can I revert to 1.03?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
redownload bootmii. That's the problem people. If that doesn't fix it, then you just ****ed something else up.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
redownload bootmii. That's the problem people. If that doesn't fix it, then you just ****ed something else up.
That ISN'T the problem.

Gecko is ****ed up RIGHT after installing 1.0.5, and now no other method will work. Gecko 1.9.1, SD loader, HBC 1.0.4/1.0.3, anything.

Something HAS to have ****ed up.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
EDIT: I fixed the problem by redoing what NikoPunkSuperMario said (Thank you) and the bootmii and stuff works. I have yet to test my Gecko but I'll most likely be playing today so I'll report any problems.
In response to this: Everything is working fine. :) :diddy:

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Wow i'm lucky that i haven't accepted the update of the Homebrew yet because i thought that it was for the new Wii firmware. Does it still freezes GeckoOs or what? Should i update my Homebrew? I don't want to screw my Homebrew Channel though... Is there a fix? (I haven't read all the pages sorry)

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Wow i'm lucky that i haven't accepted the update of the Homebrew yet because i thought that it was for the new Wii firmware. Does it still freezes GeckoOs or what? Should i update my Homebrew? I don't want to screw my Homebrew Channel though... Is there a fix? (I haven't read all the pages sorry)
I've only comfirmed the After-Update Gecko freezes for at least 3 people. Go on and update, it won't mess up the Homebrew Channel (wut, no one has had that problem :laugh:), but you'll need to reinstall the new version of BootMii (just use the update and install boot2 again) if you have it. Otherwise, just be careful and watch Gecko when you update, we aren't exactly sure yet, and currently I feel the problem is almost being ignored.

(Also be careful, people have reported non-working apps in the newest update and some not even appearing in the HBC. If so, reinstall them.)

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Affected Homebrew: Gecko OS 1.9.2
Effect: Blank screen after loading. Since 4.2 uses IOS70, Gecko OS 1.9.2 will not work properly.
Workaround: Wait for an update or use Gecko OS 1.9.1.

Triangle.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Affected Homebrew: Gecko OS 1.9.2
Effect: Blank screen after loading. Since 4.2 uses IOS70, Gecko OS 1.9.2 will not work properly.
Workaround: Wait for an update or use Gecko OS 1.9.1.

Triangle.
TGYMK said:
Gecko is ****ed up RIGHT after installing 1.0.5, and now no other method will work. Gecko 1.9.1, SD loader, HBC 1.0.4/1.0.3, anything.
FFFFUUUUUck you Bio. <3

But no, NOTHING i have done works. NOTHING.

I haven't been getting any Homebrew apps problems. Outside of Gecko Os, at least. Regular Brawl through the Disc Channel loads perfectly, every time. For now we can only follow the Wiibrew thread, #wiidev and #wiihelp are useless as hell.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Is there anyone else here that hasnt bothered to update to Gecko 1.9.2 yet?
I don't see a reason not to update to 1.9.2, it works perfectly fine for me.

And TGYMK, I think your Wii is screwed up. Try getting rid of all of your homebrew (BootMii, HBC, ect.) and then reinstalling it one at a time. If you did that already, I didn't know because I pulled a tl;dr on this thread.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I don't see a reason not to update to 1.9.2, it works perfectly fine for me.

And TGYMK, I think your Wii is screwed up. Try getting rid of all of your homebrew (BootMii, HBC, ect.) and then reinstalling it one at a time. If you did that already, I didn't know because I pulled a tl;dr on this thread.
I did. ;_; Multiple times.

Why would the Wii be screwed though? 1.0.5 ****ed my Wii's brains? ;_;

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
Is there a way to downgrade Gecko OS from 1.9.2 to 1.9.1?? You never know.

Exospaciac

Smash Rookie
Since all my apps EXCEPT GeckOS were freezing, I decided to do a clean reinstall of EVERYTHING.
Now, all my apps run fine.. but GeckOS freezes!

ThatGuy, you are not alone. :(

EDIT: after trying it a few more times, it started working... so nevermind?

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
Yea seriously im having the same problem! & my homebrew browser wont start either anymore. Once I load it, it goes fine but later it keeps saying "Read error -22(or -81) occurred. Retrying..." like forever!

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
It's a conspiracy!

I got it to work!

Make sure you don't have any excess files (i had my whole strm folder zipped, that's like 222,222 kb right there) in pf and an info2 folder with an info.pac inside (?) . xD

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
Wait. Remove pf folder? Wont that affect my music hacks for example??

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
I assume TGYMK means to remove it after backing it up and/or moving it to a safe place on your computer. In any case, it seems like there are just some things in pf that cause issues, not the pf folder itself...?

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
O.o Ummmm ill have to do that tomorrow. I have to go to bed for school ><. (Wow thanks to me this thread changed subject)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom