• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gainesville Florida Smash and Heroes Of Newerth Chit-Chat

Renth

Smash Hero
Until we a general venue is located for everyone and meet regularly this is a thread for Gainesville to chat and meet up

No Brawl

Gainesville Florida Smashfests, we're all good friends looking to have fun and also try to help each other to get better at game that has brought us together.

Final (Relevant) 2009 Seeding Points as of Dec 4 2009.

Place- Player - - - - - Points
01 - - Harriettheguy- - 374.375
02 - - RockCrock- - - - 373.4375
03 - - Renth- - - - - - 303.125
04 - - SubScorpion- - - 267.8125
05 - - Exarch - - - - - 239.375
06 - - Raistlin - - - - 183.4375
07 - - Blind- - - - - - 182.625
08 - - VGMRicky - - - - 170.625
09 - - Apollo - - - - - 167.5
10 - - KeeLime- - - - - 130
11 - - Derf - - - - - - 109.375
12 - - XoFF - - - - - - 97
13 - - Tets - - - - - - 83.0625
14 - - Saiya- - - - - - 78.25
15 - - Shalom - - - - - 75
16 - - ReDD - - - - - - 72.8125
17 - - C@sh Mooney- - - 70.3125
18 - - Moses- - - - - - 62
19 - - FrakJacket - - - 61.0625
20 - - Marsfool!- - - - 40
21 - - Proteus- - - - - 25
22 - - SmashPlayer16- - 22
23 - - Matt - - - - - - 22
24 - - Masky- - - - - - 22
25 - - Zergum - - - - - 22
26 - - Snarf- - - - - - 22
27 - - C-po - - - - - - 20.625
28 - - Chris (Puff) - - 17.875
29 - - Vulpine Shine- - 17.875
30 - - Hubcap - - - - - 17.1875

But my favorite part is: Brackets!

http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m122/kirbob/Gville Smash/

Here are the records of the $1 tournaments so far:

10/9/09

1 RockCrock - Ganondorf - $10 (did not lose a set)
2 Exarch - Peach - $5 (lost to RockCrock 1-3 in WB and RockCrock 0-2 in LB)
3 Derf - C.Falcon - $1 (lost to RockCrock ?-2 in WB and Exarch 2-3 in LB)
4 Apollo - Peach (lost to Exarch 1-2 in WB and Derf 1-2 in LB)
5 Raistlin - Jigglypuff (lost to Derf 1-2 in WB and Apollo 1-2 in LB)
5 Renth - Ganondorf (lost to Exarch 1-2 in WB and Derf ?-2 in LB)
7 Harriettheguy - Fox/Sheik/Marth/C.Falcon? (lost to Apollo 1-2 in WB and Renth ?-2 in LB)
7 SubScorpion - C.Falcon (lost to RockCrock ?-2 in WB and Raistlin ?-2 in LB)
9 C@sh Mooney - Marth/Ganon?
9 Dr. Ricky - Dr. Mario
9 Shalom - Marth/Sheik
9 Mike - Falco/Fox
13 Blind - Falco/C.Falcon
13 XoFF - Fox
13 Matt - Jigglypuff
13 Yes - Fox/Falco
9/16/09

1 Harriettheguy - Fox - $8
2 RockCrock - Ganon/DK - $4
3 Raistlin - Jiggz - $1
4 SubScorpion - C.Falcon/Falco
5 Apollo - Peach
5 Renth - Ganon
7 Derf - C.Falcon/Sheik
7 XoFF - Fox/Marth
9 Blind - Falco/C.Falcon
9 FrakJacket - Doc
9 Redd - Marth
9 VGmastaRicky - Doc
13 Chris - Jiggz
10/23/09

1 RockCrock - $6
2 Derf - $1
3 Renth - $1
4 SubScorpion
5 Blind
5 Mike
7 Moses
7 VGMRicky

Results:

10/30/09

Player 16
01 RockCrock - $10 - - -Dk/Ganondorf
02 HarriettheGuy - $5 - Fox/Jigglypuff
03 Renth - $1 - - - - - Ganondorf
04 Raistlin - - - - - - Jigglypuff
05 Marsfool - - - - - - Fox/Falco
05 SubScorpion - - - - -Falcon/Falco/Jigglypuff
07 Exarch - - - - - - - Peach
07 XoFF - - - - - - - - Jigglypuff
09 VGMRicky - - - - - - Doc
09 Redd - - - - - - - - Marth
09 Moses - - - - - - - -Marth
09 blind - - - - - - - -Falcon/Falco
13 Zergum - - - - - - - Marth
13 Masky - - - - - - - -Sheik
13 tets - - - - - - - - Peach
13 Snarf - - - - - - - -Doc/Luigi

11/06/09

1 Harriettheguy
2 RockCrock
3 Apollo
4 Shalom
5 Renth
5 SubScorpion
7 Exarch
7 KeeLime
9 Blind
9 C@sh Mooney
9 Proteus
9 VGMRicky
13 FrakJacket
13 Moses
13 Saiya
13 Tets
10/13/09

1 HarriettheGuy Bunch of characters...
2 Exarch Fox
3 SubScorpion Bunch of characters...
4 Renth Ganon
5 Blind Falco/Falcon
5 Redd Marth
7 Xoff Puff/Fox
7 C-po Samus
9 VGMRicky Doc
9 Hubcap Marth?
9 Saiya Falcon

Renth

Smash Hero
This might be silly, but when we get together I think we should run $1 tournaments. There's a small number of us but hey whatever. It'll give us more incentive to try during these matches instead of the millions of friendlys where we **** around.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
This might be silly, but when we get together I think we should run $1 tournaments. There's a small number of us but hey whatever. It'll give us more incentive to try during these matches instead of the millions of friendlys where we **** around.
Or we could ask for serious matches? I'll take anyone seriously who asks. Or MM each other? Seems silly to spend money at fests when we're all good friends and stizzle.
But then I won't have to sandbag!

Yeah I can definitely host this Friday.

You guys come up with the time.
I'm good all day... so my vote doesn't count.
/anytime vote

Hey Sandbaggaaah, do you have an earliest time you could do it? We could start there and work forwards.

Renth

Smash Hero
Or we could ask for serious matches? I'll take anyone seriously who asks. Or MM each other? Seems silly to spend money at fests when we're all good friends and stizzle.

Like I said it might sound silly, but playing in tournament and friendlies are a completely different experience.

I work to whatever time I want, so maybe 2 pm?
Anytime should be good for me provided either - Oscar/Thomas/Javier/Patrick want to pick me up. I'm clear on Friday, I just got to make sure nothing else is going on

- Oscar I have the money I owe you.

RockCrock

Smash Champion
You're only saying that cuz you think you'll win.
Not sure how serious you are, but: I suspect that Mark wants to do this so that he can have a chance to justifyably say that he is better than some of us. And not just in friendlies, but in a no-johns, high stakes (ok not that high), competitive situation.

Additionally, I strongly believe that competition is the impetus of improvement. Some people (like myself) are highly motivated by competition. If I'm getting beat, you can bet your bottom dollar that I'm gonna try something risky I haven't before in order to overcome my grueling adversary. Remember when I edge-canceled my Up-B vs. Patrick on Mute City at turlington tournament? It was the first time I had done, or even tried that. The intensity of the situation (last match, last stock) provoked me to take a chance and do something unexpected that I might not have if it were a thursday night endless teams rotation. Maybe that's just me.

Mark deserves that chance to make us better.

Renth

Smash Hero
Not sure how serious you are, but: I suspect that Mark wants to do this so that he can have a chance to justifyably say that he is better than some of us. And not just in friendlies, but in a no-johns, high stakes (ok not that high), competitive situation.

Additionally, I strongly believe that competition is the impetus of improvement. Some people (like myself) are highly motivated by competition. If I'm getting beat, you can bet your bottom dollar that I'm gonna try something risky I haven't before in order to overcome my grueling adversary. Remember when I edge-canceled my Up-B vs. Patrick on Mute City at turlington tournament? It was the first time I had done, or even tried that. The intensity of the situation (last match, last stock) provoked me to take a chance and do something unexpected that I might not have if it were a thursday night endless teams rotation. Maybe that's just me.

I don't want money don't get me wrong here, I play so different in tournament vs. friendlys and the experience you get from that is invaluable. I see it as a chance to take everyone up a notch. It'd be a fun addition to a day of us just straight f'in around.

-- Also, I don't want to say i'm better than anybody, at that tournament after every match I had my head down and was shaking. I was so scared and nervous of every tournament match. After every set Full Metal sat me down and tore me apart to keep my head together.

I strongly agree with dennis, tournament/serious play brings out sides of you, you have never seen before. I think I can say that with my matches with Scar.

edit: I guess we could even do free tournaments just to see what areas we need work with and how we can help each other out?

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I was totally just kidding

But I do agree. I enjoy the thrill of tournaments too, and they DO bring out the best in us. I was watching my matches from Gigs the other day and I thought to myself on SEVERAL occasions "I have never tried/thought of/done that before," so I understand the sentiment.

I guess I would just rather do "seriouslies," but I'm not opposed to the idea.

Renth

Smash Hero
Who wants to be nice enough to give me a ride, I got gas money for whomever does it + what I owe oscar from before. I'm good to go anytime Friday, I will need to be home before 7 a.m. on Saturday because I have to be here with the baby.

Thanks guys.

Sub_Scorpion7

Smash Journeyman
Ocala wants to go to this. Address Sub-S?
PM sent.

Who wants to be nice enough to give me a ride, I got gas money for whomever does it + what I owe oscar from before. I'm good to go anytime Friday, I will need to be home before 7 a.m. on Saturday because I have to be here with the baby.

Thanks guys.
I can definitely give you a ride (<3), but I am not sure about driving both ways. Someone may want to help me there and help drive you part of the way.

Assuming I can go, and that Oscar doesn't hate my guts anymore, I can pick you up and take you, Mark.
Of course you can come. I am not a man that holds grudges.

Just don't drink my booze! (jk) (not rly)

As far as the $1 tourney goes, I rather play seriously. $1 is enough to get me to try my hardest ($100 mm anyone?) but even a modicum of serious matches would certainly improve my game to a certain degree. But then again, I never know when I ever try my hardest.
I sandbag so much...that eventually I don't even know I'm sandbagging.

Renth

Smash Hero
I can definitely give you a ride (<3), but I am not sure about driving both ways. Someone may want to help me there and help drive you part of the way.
Cool, let me know what's going on I got gas money to pay both parties if necessary but it's VERY important i'm back home when I need to be. Listen, I hate to act like this towards you guys but I NEED to be here to watch this baby before 7 a.m. Saturday i'm clear allll dayyy friday morning and night but If i'm not here to watch this baby there's going to be hell for me. So please work with me.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
I wouldn't mind picking you up either Mark.

So 2 pm Friday then.
And just to be sure... we mean 2 PM and not 2pm but we're all running late so it's actually 3pm?

Ok. 3 pm Friday.

For my future references
<input type="button" onclick="alert('A button that works.')" value="It's a button" />

Angrylobster

Smash Lord

Rock preachin' the smash gospel.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
I'm down for this, I get out of class around 3pm on Friday, so I should be free after that!

Great quote. You have no idea how many times that match replayed in my mind since that happened. That was so genius. I thought you were dead for sure at that point. Then he edge cancels and gave the cottoncandy the *****fist!

Renth

Smash Hero
I'm down for this, I get out of class around 3pm on Friday, so I should be free after that!

Great quote. You have no idea how many times that match replayed in my mind since that happened. That was so genius. I thought you were dead for sure at that point. Then he edge cancels and gave the cottoncandy the *****fist!
I think you have a ton of potential, you'll be tearing people apart in no time

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
With all the ridiculous talent Gainesville has, we should have better players than Orlando in no time. We just have a POOL of awesome smash teachers.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Top Bottom