• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gainesville Florida Smash and Heroes Of Newerth Chit-Chat

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I can probably show up for a few hours, but my family's coming to visit around 9pm, so I might have to leave by then. I'll be there for the beginning, though (Dennis I should be able to give you a ride to Oscar's)

RockCrock

Smash Champion
Magus420 said:
RockCrock said:
What conditions must be met in order to meteor cancel? Stick position, percent, timing?
Meteors:

1) Cancelable with mid-air jump(s) or up-b as early as frames 8+ of meteor knockback.

2) Using up-b at almost any time begins a no MC timer/window, where you can't MC with a jump or up-b at all for the next 40 frames. For example, if you're recovering and get meteored out of the startup of your up-b you won't be able to MC it until that timer has cleared.

3) Inputting a jump on frames 1-7 of meteor knockback prevents you from MCing with a jump for the next 40 frames (jumping at other times does not trigger it unlike the one caused by using up-b). If still available, you can MC with an up-b like normal during this period however. Using up-b on frames 1-7 counts as a jump and also triggers the no MC window using a double jump if the up input for the up-b is far enough to have caused a mid-air 'tap jump' with the control stick. If the stick isn't pressed far enough to do that when doing the up-b then a jump can still be used to MC, since only the no MC with up-b window is triggered.

4) Inputting an up-b during hitlag doesn't trigger the no MC window.

5) Extra freeze frames added from hitlag don't count towards the 40 frame no MC windows.

6) Auto-jumps on multi-jumps by holding a jump button (holding a jump input with Kirby/Jiggs after at least 1 mid-air jump has been used) does not use up your mid-air jump MC opportunity as long as it's pressed/held before frames 1-7, and since the auto-jump property of them will try to jump at the first possible opening to do one it MCs on frame 8. Holding jump when able to auto-jump, and then pressing up-b during frames 1-7 only prevents MCing with up-b for 40 frames, and doesn't prevent them from MCing with a jump. However, when not able to auto-jump (Kirby/Jiggs with all 5 jumps, or every other character), having a jump input held down when using up-b during 1-7 does trigger the no MC with jump window as well. (this whole part with auto-jumping is dumb imo, and those 2 characters can basically auto-MC by just holding up the whole time as long as they've jumped at least once and they start holding it before hitlag ends)
How to skill.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
nah let's segregate mother fukers

lol i wish we all weren't poor/busy in jax

we'd come to this

edit: actually we need to start filming for the microwavist...... maxxxxxxx

RockCrock

Smash Champion
Smashfest was a success. A $10 success to my pocket!! Lol jk.

Josh, no sandbagging, or I shall be forced to usurp your faux and unwarranted championship with my veritable adeptness of proficiency.

GGs to Oscar, Fred, and Thomas.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
$1 mini-tournament was a great success!

1 RockCrock - Ganondorf - $10 (did not lose a set)
2 Exarch - Peach - $5 (lost to RockCrock 1-3 in WB and RockCrock 0-2 in LB)
3 Derf - C.Falcon - $1 (lost to RockCrock ?-2 in WB and Exarch 2-3 in LB)
4 Apollo - Peach (lost to Exarch 1-2 in WB and Derf 1-2 in LB)
5 Raistlin - Jigglypuff (lost to Derf 1-2 in WB and Apollo 1-2 in LB)
5 Renth - Ganondorf (lost to Exarch 1-2 in WB and Derf ?-2 in LB)
7 Harriettheguy - Fox/Sheik/Marth/C.Falcon? (lost to Apollo 1-2 in WB and Renth ?-2 in LB)
7 SubScorpion - C.Falcon (lost to RockCrock ?-2 in WB and Raistlin ?-2 in LB)
9 C@sh Mooney - Marth/Ganon?
9 Dr. Ricky - Dr. Mario
9 Shalom - Marth/Sheik
9 Mike - Falco/Fox
13 Blind - Falco/C.Falcon
13 XoFF - Fox
13 Matt - Jigglypuff
13 Yes - Fox/Falco

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks about right.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Josh, no sandbagging, or I shall be forced to usurp your faux and unwarranted championship with my veritable adeptness of proficiency.
Lol

Great fest, even though its still going on. I really hope to be able to play with Gainesville more in the future.

I had fun playing Fred and Dennis. Hopefully we can play more next time. :)

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
derf lost to me 2-3
i lost to rock 1-3 and 0-2 in WB and LB respectively
mark lost to me 1-2

Overall I am quite pleased with the way I played; I feel like I've picked up where I left of (finally).

Dennis, Jav, Fred, Mark good matches.

I'm looking forward to beating Dennis in the near future. lol

Renth

Smash Hero
It was a lot of fun and hope the games in the future will also be this entertaining. It was nice to meet some of the new guys didn't catch most of your names but it was nice all the same.

Dennis, we got some training to do for some reason you always seem to get better each time I see you play.

Xoff: or whatever you call yourself, you were a cool guy hope we see you around more.

Thomas: Fun matches they will get more intense the more we play

Fred: You haven't played in so long and you still **** me lolol

Patrick: didn't play you, lucky me! haha good ****

Javier: you want serious games don't run away!!! hahaha

Mooney: you're getting much better.

Dr. Ricky: Keep up the good work.

Tha Snipahh: you're so scary good sometimes.

Ocala guys : you were all cool.

Oscar: LET ME PLAY HALO 3 JHESSS! - hey man sorry for not helping clean up, Ians mom showed up like a minute after you passed out.

Everyone else: Fun stuff hope to see you all again soon.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Thanks for the info Dennis, although as a Ganon player idk why you're sharing. lol
I guess Rockcrock just wants whats best for us.

$1 mini-tournament was a great success!

1 RockCrock - Ganondorf - $10 (did not lose a set)
2 Exarch - Peach - $5 (lost to RockCrock 1-3 in WB and RockCrock 0-2 in LB)
3 Derf - C.Falcon - $1 (lost to RockCrock ?-2 in WB and Exarch 2-3 in LB)
4 Apollo - Peach (lost to Exarch 1-2 in WB and Derf 1-2 in LB)
5 Raistlin - Jigglypuff (lost to Derf 1-2 in WB and Apollo 1-2 in LB)
5 Renth - Ganondorf (lost to Exarch 1-2 in WB and Derf ?-2 in LB)
7 Harriettheguy - Fox/Sheik/Marth/C.Falcon? (lost to Apollo 1-2 in WB and Renth ?-2 in LB)
7 SubScorpion - C.Falcon (lost to RockCrock ?-2 in WB and Raistlin ?-2 in LB)
9 C@sh Mooney - Marth/Ganon?
9 Dr. Ricky - Dr. Mario
9 Jyes (?) - Falco/Fox?
9 Shalom - Marth/Sheik
13 Blind - Falco/C.Falcon
13 XoFF - Fox
13 Matt
13 Mike

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks about right.
Rockcrock won?! You're such a "Crushaa"!

9 Dr. Ricky (or VGmasta) - Dr. Mario (lost to Apollo 0-2 in WB and SubScorpion 0-2 in LB)

And I'm pretty sure Matt used Jigglypuff throughout the tourney (Well that's who he picked vs. me and Hguy I think)

Nice matches Apollo, Matt, SubScorpion. Seems like the more at these tournies seemed to work a lot like college; the more I learn, the more money I seem to lose hoping that it will all somehow "payoff" at the end, lol.

But yeah, I think the smashfest was purty gewd.

I hope everyone had fun trashing my place.

jk <3
Yeah SubScorpion, that was a ton of fun. Fun having everyone come through, I know I passed out before everyone left. Hope to play you all again in the near future.

And the crew battle was nice too. It was mad close; all the way down to the last stock.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Pat, I know it works because I've auto-meteor-cancelled before. And anyways using the 2nd jump is the easiest way to meteor cancel. So it's true. Jiggs and Kirby players don't need to have any MC skills.
Noooooooooooooo!

Renth

Smash Hero
you're a true G.

We think you look like Ganondorf when he was born, shirt and all.
As silly as that sounds, I've heard a lot of people tell me I look like Ganondorf.. I'm working on saving up so I can go to Pound 4.

edit: updated first post.

KeeLime

Smash Rookie
Hey I didn't come in last place just so you know Renth. This is Mike the Ocala guy number 2 of 3.

Top Bottom