• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**OCT 31st** M2k and Vidjo's Halloween Party Tourney Brawl and Melee

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
M2k and Vidjo asked me to Make a thread for them so here's the Tournament

Location Will be at my place (steve's apartment) tho im not sure i will be their the whole tournament i might only be able to attend half of it
9235 N. Church dr. Apt 119
Parma Heights Oh, 44130

My cell Phone is 440-665-4339

Housing for day before and day of is provided
Alcohol is allowed for after the games and people that are crashing since it is halloween

Singles $10 Both games
Doubles $20 Both Games
Door Fee $6

Fullsetup will Get your venue waived i need people to bring setups because people especially people who live close like to just not and we really need them so bring them. and you wont have to pay anything.

Singles Payout BRawl
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Singles Melee
1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

Doubles Both
1st: 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

BRAWL RULESET

* 3 stock
* 7 minute time limit
* Best 2 of 3. finals matches (losers/winners/grand) being best 3 of 5
* Double Elimination
* 50 Ledge grab rule ( if you time out each other in a match and you go over 50 ledge grabs you lose that match. )
* Items are OFF

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

NEUTRAL:

* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1

All other stages is Banned

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 2 stages that will be banned from the tournament set. however, only one of the banned stages can be a neutral stage. (ex. yoshi's island and corneria makes a VALID ban. corneria and brinstar makes a VALID ban. yoshi's island and battlefield makes an INVALID ban.)

Counterpick Rule: The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.

If the loser of the match chooses to select the stage at random. The opponent CANNOT change character. The loser of the match than makes the choice of changing character or not.
• Excessive "stall" tactics are banned.
• Controller Mods are banned
Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification.

In the event of a TIE at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have one stock then it is decided by percentage. If both players have ONE STOCK and SAME PERCENTAGE the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. This will determine the winner.

Each Round is best of three matches; Grand/Losers/Winners Finals are best of five matches*

MELEE

Singles Neutral

FD
FOD
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium
Yoshi Story
DreamLand

Singles Counterpicks
GreenGreens
Corneria
PokeFloats
Japes
Brinstar
Mute
Rainbow cruise
DK64

DOUBLES
Same except FOD is banned

TheLake

Smash Master
aww id love some friendlies with a king of the mewtwos, how thoughtful

and vidjo

and steve

and dac! raaaape

get em!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
$10 door? I dunno...the wallet's a little light atm. I guess I'll just grab the Wii/TV and come if I have nothing else going on that day.

Vyke

Smash Champion
$10 door? I dunno...the wallet's a little light atm. I guess I'll just grab the Wii/TV and come if I have nothing else going on that day.
But you won't show up anyway 'cuz I'll be there. I think I've gone to like 4 tournaments where you were able to attend now, lol.

I shall bring full set-up if PA goes to waive door fee. Unless you use Door Fee to buy everyone food. I'll probably still bring one anyway.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
^ It's at the same place that I attended the tourney at yesterday, and I have a car now. There's a big difference lol.

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
I changed the fee from ten but if everyone wants to throw their money together and eat pizza we can just make it ten but if not then it wont be what do you guys think it doesnt makke a diff to me Or we can have money pulled to supply Alchy or beer

DippnDots

Feral Youth
If I bring a set up, an eight ball, half an ounce, and a bottle of jose cuervo, who's falling asleep with me?

But yeah I don't think I can make this one :\ do my best to tweak my work schedule but no promises

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I may be showing up. Depends on what my girlfriend says about this weekend, cuz I dunno what we're gonna do.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Wow the Cp list looks sexy but athens , ohio halloween is gonna be more fun we just recruited 5 more ouga members ^_^ we got some training to do
I'd normaly go but I just recently came home from College so maybe next time

Skyson

Smash Ace
Well, since 4% isn't able to go, he's not the designated ride of mine.

I might be able to come to this, though. I'm gonna talk to some people and see what's up.

If I came to this, I would [have to] bring a setup to waive that fee, which I can do. My money situation's been pretty bad and I might not be able to play in the tournament, but I'll do friendlies all day every day.

I'll keep updates on my situation as it gets closer. Steve, you're doing a lot of work running tournaments. It's cool as hell, and living only an hour away from you makes it so much cooler. :D

Sliq

Smash Master
I think this tournament should be called, "Vidjo and M2K like to do gay stuff to each other."

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I'm most likely coming to this. Unless there's a crazy halloween stripper party I get invited to backstage or something.

I'll probably be bringing BYAA! as well.

M2K, we gotta friendly at least a set.

Vidjo, Melee friendlies, I gotta see how much you'll destroy me.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Talked to columbus people, i dont think you'll get much if any attendance from here though, people are busy and especially on the late notice couldn't free up the time. Rides are also an issue. Sorry guys!

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
Is Argent going? I think I might need a partner, melee and brawl I guess ;p. 4 person bracket go.

oh ya.. rides. who needs em?

there should be a couple open spots in my car
Ya, I might (Probably) if Sky keeps backing out of these. <_<

Skyson

Smash Ace
Is Argent going? I think I might need a partner, melee and brawl I guess ;p. 4 person bracket go.

Ya, I might (Probably) if Sky keeps backing out of these. <_<

I was looking at going with Ian to this one, but naturally, the Sneak Peek for the next set is this same day, so he's out.

My only other option is Andrew. His birthday party is Sunday, so I don't know if he's up for a giant Saturday night smash thing.

If he is, more power to us.

If not, typical Skyson johns. ):

Top Bottom