• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Primid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Project Primid

Hey everyone! Um, I am sort of new to SmashBoards, and so I am not exactly sure how to set this up exactly, so bear with me please.

The above picture is a Primid, one of the little dudes from the Subspace Emissary if you are not enemy savvy. He has been abused since the game released, and now he is joining the Brawl.

Joinin' the Brawl

This is just a little project I have been working on the past few days. But of course I have reached multiple snags. I am creating this topic simply as a way to ask for help in various places, as well as eventually release Primid to the general public.

Of course I can't get help if I don't explain what I have done so far. Primid replaces Red Alloy in the game. This does make him a little bit difficult to play as since the Alloys are non-playable, but the Alloys are the only characters who seem to be able to handle the Primid. All other characters after their model has been replaced, freeze. I have several theories on this, but I will get to those later.

Since Red Alloy is the Alloy of Captain Falcon, the model became messed up, and was disjointed in several areas. I solved this by extracting each individual animation for the Primid, and then I have been slowly pasting them back together on top of the Alloys animations. This is a bit of a painful process since Primids have very few animations, but they do have enough to get by.

Fear my Dair!

Now, I know that there are probably several characters who fit the frame of Primid, but I would like for the most part to stick to his animations. For some, I will have to resort to ripping them off of other characters, but for now, I will just use Primid's.

You have probably realized by the way I have spammed these lovely pictures, that Primid currently has no eyes. I think I know how to solve this, but this is not a priority right now.

Now, if you would like to get involved in this project, then let me know. Also, it would be great to have some people work on other SubSpace characters, so if you feel like starting your own, then I don't mind sharing resources and what not (Or you can share them with me).

Righto then! Here is my current To-Do list. I have marked off all the things I am unsure of how to do, so if you have any ideas, then post them please!

-Finish off replacing all animations
-Find characters with similar structures to steal animations from
-Figure out a way to allow Primid to grab onto cliffs (HELP)
-Due to Primid being on top of an Alloy, he has no way of grabbing cliffs.
-Figure out a way to add special attacks (HELP)
-Due to Primid being on top of an Alloy, he has no special attacks.
-Figure out a way to add a sheild and dodging(HELP)
-Once again, an issue with the Alloys.
-Fix the walk cycle (HELP)
-When walking, Primid will play the animation, then it will displace him backwards. He never actually moves from where he started walking. He uses his own running animations
-Develop a full moveset (HELP)
-If you have any ideas, send them my way.
-Fix hitboxes (HELP)
-I hate doing this, and I dislike PSA. If anyone feels like helping me coordinate his attacks once the animations are done, be sure to let me know. Please and thanks!
-Balance character
-Aesthetic adjustments (Make the shadow bugs move, add eyes, etc)
-Final adjustments

Umm, I'll update this as needed. Sorry for my informality. If you feel like getting involved, just let me know, please and thanks. Here are a few more pictures!

FAQ

Since people only read through a couple of posts, I thought I would post this FAQ so that people stop asking me questions that have already been answered numerous times. Please read this before asking anything. If I don't have the answer to a question you may be asking, then please look through the topic. Look specifically for my posts for the most part.

Q: Why doesn't Primid have eyes?
A: Because they are a separate model. To be honest, I don't care right now and it isn't a priority

Q: Where can I download Primid?
A: I have a few unofficial releases on him, but you cannot download my latest version. Look for them yourself.

Q: Which character does Primid replace?
A: He replaces Red Alloy

Q: Why not Yellow Alloy since they are more similar in shape?
A: I didn't have access to Yellow Alloy when I started the project.

Q: Can you use <this animation> for this pl0x?
A: No, don't suggest animations from other characters. Primid has a really messed up bone structure and he can't use anyone elses animations. He can only use his own (Which covers all Primids from the SSE)

Q: If he is an Alloy, doesn't that mean he cant: use specials/dodge/block/grab ledges
A: Yes. But don't keep asking me if I have gotten past that. I can fix the issue with specials, and I may or may not be able to fix everything else. You might just have to live with it, and I will give him some defensive moves.

Q: Omfg, give him sword pl0x!
A: No, stop asking. I hate swordsman characters.

Q: Can you make <insert character name here>?
A: No. There are plenty of people capable of this sort of thing. I am occupied with Primid currently, but I have a list of other characters that I want to make.

Q: Can you pleaaaaaaase give him a sword.
A: Jeez, if you want it then I will freaking send you Primids model, animations, and sword models and effects. I am not doing it myself though.

Q: Can I steal your media and then upload it like a piss nugget to Youtube?
A: Get out of my topic now.

mofo_

Smash Ace
cool. maybe one move would be like the other primids. one attack would be scope( just the bullets, idk if you can make the super scope disappear after you shoot it), boomerang, beam sword ( not the actual thing but similar to phoenix mario ), or whatever other weapons primid would used

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Dantarion's post reflects my thoughts as well.

I thought B moves were impossible to implement with Alloys though?

EDIT: HAHAHA DISREGARD THIS I SUCK *****
Umm, I don't get it. I know it is possible to change button inputs, and hopefully we can add some actions through PSA. If not I simply plan to make his standard attacks special.

cool. maybe one move would be like the other primids. one attack would be scope( just the bullets, idk if you can make the super scope disappear after you shoot it), boomerang, beam sword ( not the actual thing but similar to phoenix mario ), or whatever other weapons primid would used
Maybe at a later date. For now I just want this to be a fighter Primid. I am fully capable of importing all of his weapon models, and I may use them for special attacks, but otherwise I will not use them (Except possibly the fire Primids fire)

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
wow! i personally would've replaced him with yellow alloy but w/e. I support this.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Well, I have absolutely no working experience with PSA (I tried to add IASA on Samus's bomb jumps and said to myself "wat." upon looking at the move's data).

However, seeing what PSA and BrawlBox are capable of, I'm sure the craziest of solutions could work to create B moves.

The only thing I can think of, though, is making one of his commands- a tilt, smash, aerial, or AAA- cause a "moveset change" that turns the next move Primid uses into one that functions as a special, then have the B inputs act as shortcuts for "Activate [the moveset changing move], then activate the direction and move input wanted"

Or maybe I'm just a fool who has no clue what he is talking about.

EDIT: Alloys can grab, I just realised. Making grab be the "moveset change" would give him a full moveset otherwise.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
wow! i personally would've replaced him with yellow alloy but w/e. I support this.
That does make far more sense, and I originally planned to do that. But I confused the PACs, and I could only get Red Alloy working on a custom CSS, so I decided to go with Red.

Anyways, I might have to stop the project for a bit (That was fast). I realized that this will be the worst fighter in the world. He can't edge grab, he has no specials, and other stuff that the Alloys can't do. For now, I am going to see if I can find a way to get the Primid model working on a normal character, then I will resume work. I think it has something to do with the file size minimum or something... I don't know.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that's really cool, when can we expect a download? And/ or a list of animations being used so far.

Also: Could you use the model that has the eyes? Or did you have to use the plain face textures

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that's really cool, when can we expect a download? And/ or a list of animations being used so far.

Also: Could you use the model that has the eyes? Or did you have to use the plain face textures
Well I don't want to release this to the public until he is actually playable, which may take some time.

And he doesn't have eyes because they are a second model. Every time SSE is booted up, it boots up another set of eyes, so each ones are a different model rather than a different texture. I will throw those on later.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
What about my idea? Would it be possible to implement?
I am not too PSA savvy, so I don't know. I am hoping someone that knows PSA well can wander along and be like "Ok Thunder, sure I will help you because this is such an awesome idea!"

I highly doubt this will happen though.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I am not too PSA savvy, so I don't know. I am hoping someone that knows PSA well can wander along and be like "Ok Thunder, sure I will help you because this is such an awesome idea!"

I highly doubt this will happen though.
Ok Thunder, sure I will help you because this is such an awesome idea!

I'm not the greatest at PSA, but I can understand it enough to do custom moves and stuff. I have a custom character I can provide you a download link for if you don't believe me. It may be a while before I help you though, I'm working on a project of my own.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Ok Thunder, sure I will help you because this is such an awesome idea!

I'm not the greatest at PSA, but I can understand it enough to do custom moves and stuff. I have a custom character I can provide you a download link for if you don't believe me. It may be a while before I help you though, I'm working on a project of my own.
Thanks for the offer. I may or may not take you up on this. Right now however, I have a few more pressing matters than a few specials and adjustments.

My main issue is Primids running sequence right now. When it starts (With any type of run, walk or dash), Primid will play the animation, and it will look like he is moving, but once he hits a certain point, he gets displaced backwards and continues in that loop, while never really moving at all. If anyone has any idea how to solve this one, please let me know.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Thanks for the offer. I may or may not take you up on this. Right now however, I have a few more pressing matters than a few specials and adjustments.

My main issue is Primids running sequence right now. When it starts (With any type of run, walk or dash), Primid will play the animation, and it will look like he is moving, but once he hits a certain point, he gets displaced backwards and continues in that loop, while never really moving at all. If anyone has any idea how to solve this one, please let me know.
This hasn't been solved for any replaced model characters. The only way for him to move would be if he jumped from place to place. Once we can extract and import animations I think it might work better, but I might be wrong because it might not have to do with animations at all.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
For anyone who is wondering the actual size of Primid, he is pretty big... I never realized this before. Here is a lovely picture of him and Zelda. Primid gets height points due to his feather.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
have you tried to replace falcon with primid? he and red alloy are pretty close alike. that might be your best bet
Um, no. It has nothing to do with the shape of the character. The reason that Primid only works with an Alloy (Any Alloy, not just red. I used red for convenience) is something I am not sure of.

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
I can also help you with PSA if you want. I've done many attack hacks, including my latest WIP, Ryu :3.
If you want me to help, just send me a PM or reply this post.
Also, your Primid is awesome, keep up the good work!

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Um, no. It has nothing to do with the shape of the character. The reason that Primid only works with an Alloy (Any Alloy, not just red. I used red for convenience) is something I am not sure of.
File size, most likely. After putting Primid on a character, the file size would be too small. It would have to be over 300 KB to work. That's how it is with most model swaps.

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
File size, most likely. After putting Primid on a character, the file size would be too small. It would have to be over 300 KB to work. That's how it is with most model swaps.
That file size thing is just a rumour, I think. I tried to put lot'sa crap in Fox's .pac/.pcs to make it work as an AT, and it didn't work. The file size was 1,7MB (.pac, like the original file) and 700kb (.pcs, like the original too.)

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
I can also help you with PSA if you want. I've done many attack hacks, including my latest WIP, Ryu :3.
If you want me to help, just send me a PM or reply this post.
Also, your Primid is awesome, keep up the good work!
Thanks. If I need the help, I will ask. I can't have too many people working on it at once though, or else it will get messy.

Right... I thought that also. I might try filling up a file with useless data and models, like all of his faces.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
That file size thing is just a rumour, I think. I tried to put lot'sa crap in Fox's .pac/.pcs to make it work as an AT, and it didn't work. The file size was 1,7MB (.pac, like the original file) and 700kb (.pcs, like the original too.)
The rumor was that Nintendo implemented an Anti-Hack code that made the Wii freeze if the file was less than 300 Kb. This isn't true, of course, as some character textures are less than 300 Kb. The size thing is true that if it is too small it will freeze. As long as the file size is larger it should work, but some models just don't like to switch (like Shadow), and some swaps don't work.

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
The rumor was that Nintendo implemented an Anti-Hack code that made the Wii freeze if the file was less than 300 Kb. This isn't true, of course, as some character textures are less than 300 Kb. The size thing is true that if it is too small it will freeze. As long as the file size is larger it should work, but some models just don't like to switch (like Shadow), and some swaps don't work.
Oh yeah, there's those **** models that refuse to load...I didn't test any others, so I can't state nothing about it :ohwell:

EDIT :
Also, I'm having problems to play as an Alloy here...Can someone explain how to do it? I added all those things, Custom CSS V3, Giga Bowser and etc, and it doesn't seen to work :(
I'll be very thankfull to whoever explain this for me. +9000 internets too!

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Currently I am using this lovely code that lets me play as Red Alloy when I am fourth player.

Player 4 Modifier
4A000000 90181034
10000098 0000002E
E0000000 80008000

You probably also want to use these codes too.

Alloys don't crash and Others don't wreck My Music V2 [spunit262]
06407BD0 0000000E
04030F0D 1E1B1F1B
201B211B 221B0000
C2815524 0000000D
7C641B78 2C030011
4182000C 2C030012
40A20008 38600010
2C03002C 40A20008
3860000C 2C03002D
40A20008 38600017
2C03002E 40A20008
3860000A 2C03002F
40A20008 3860000E
2C030030 40A20008
38600000 2C030031
40A20008 38600006
4E800020 00000000
C29472D8 00000003
2C04002E 4180000C
90810058 38000000
9801005D 00000000

Alloy Victory/Loss Poses:
0477F8EC 60000000

There ya go! Why do you want to play as Alloys anyways?

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
There ya go! Why do you want to play as Alloys anyways?
Ho ho ho, you'll see why in a future topic.

Anyway, thanks for telling me it, you helped A LOT. I was trying to find it for 1 hour and 30 minutes, and didn't got any results. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom