• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Primid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Eggplantman!

This lovely texture was created by Mvit! It is filled to the brim with win.

Surprise! It's Eggplantman!

Still fearin' my Dair

Karate Chop!

Super Eggplant to the rescue!

Oh snap! Wipe out!

You know you want Thunder to release me

Haha! This isn't really an attack, but I am teasin' you with images of it!

This is either pain, or a tribal dance

I promise I will release this wonderful texture along with Primid on his first release. Once again, credit goes to Mvit. Primid is coming along nicely, and there are only a few more animation flaws to pound out before I can get working on his hitboxes. Then I will release him to everyone.

m.vit

Smash Rookie
Eggplantman!

This lovely texture was created by Mvit! It is filled to the brim with win.

[I]Surprise! It's Eggplantman![/I]

[IMG]
[i]Still fearin' my Dair[/i]

[IMG]
[i]Karate Chop![/i]

[IMG]
[i]Super Eggplant to the rescue![/i]

[IMG]
[i]Oh snap! Wipe out![/i]

[IMG]http://www.brawlsnapshots.com/snapshots/182742.jpg
You know you want Thunder to release me

Haha! This isn't really an attack, but I am teasin' you with images of it!

This is either pain, or a tribal dance

I promise I will release this wonderful texture along with Primid on his first release. Once again, credit goes to Mvit. Primid is coming along nicely, and there are only a few more animation flaws to pound out before I can get working on his hitboxes. Then I will release him to everyone.
Theres a square in his chest, i swear i had nothing to do with it! well that wasnt in brawlbox.....:dizzy:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Names in the running:
Spam - Named after myself
BucketHead Bob - This amuses me
Candle - Win
Smash - It describes him perfectly

I also have a super special surprise for my next post.
I like to call him Rolaris for some reason.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Lol! I just realized! Were making Texture hacks for our Model hacks! Lol!

Still SmashPrimid sounds beast.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
I like to call him Rolaris for some reason.
This name is now in the running also. It is creative.

I'm loving project Primid.

Anyone find a way to map special moves?
Yes. We are going to use Project Smash Attacks. There is only one action for each special though, and even one for a Final Smash. Hopefully we can also figure out a way to stick a cliff hang in there as well.

PSA it i guess. Add the animations and boom. Something might happen.
Dude, just adding animations won't do anything. I already have most of his animations. It is the meat of the attack that we really need.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
How did this go from Serious to goofy all at once? o.e

EDIT: Where are the SSE files located on the ISO? I wanna make a Primid texture too :D

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Well i said that you were going to PSA it. Add some hit boxes, Effects, all that junk. hey if i make a texture for the Primid, will you try it with the Smash Primid? Im going to make a Texture Specifically for the character Smash. I think that he should be a Story specific Primid. I think as soon as THP editing is ready, we will soon have a ENTIRELY NEW SMASH BROTHERS.

I believe that is also the day that Nintendo will strike.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I also think you're the reason this thread isn't srs anymore, luigiman1928

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
I also think you're the reason this thread isn't srs anymore, luigiman1928
Sometimes we speak the truth no one else really wants to.

LuigiMan, I gotta agree. You have been saying stuff I don't think you totally understand. Please, keep it to a minimum. I don't mind you asking questions, but I don't think you really have any idea on what you are talking about.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Really nice, Thunderspam. Looking forward to this awesome project. I have a question to ask you, if you do not mind. Do you know how to make any texture transparent? I've been messing hours on something but can't get the transparency on something that isn't +1/+2 to work. If you could tell me it would be really awesome. Examples of tests that failed: Making Palette: True and change the color mode/stuff, deleting polygons, etc. I only want a part of the texture to be invisible. I do know there's a file that does this because when I made my Invisible Kirby, I had deleted all the data and he got invisible. Thanks in advance, and good night.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Really nice, Thunderspam. Looking forward to this awesome project. I have a question to ask you, if you do not mind. Do you know how to make any texture transparent? I've been messing hours on something but can't get the transparency on something that isn't +1/+2 to work. If you could tell me it would be really awesome. Examples of tests that failed: Making Palette: True and change the color mode/stuff, deleting polygons, etc. I only want a part of the texture to be invisible. I do know there's a file that does this because when I made my Invisible Kirby, I had deleted all the data and he got invisible. Thanks in advance, and good night.
Sorry man, I don't know anything about textures. You are best to ask someone else. But I am glad you are looking forward to this. I want to have a demo ready by the end of the week.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
So Thunder, what's the status of the Primid's official name? *Hopes its Candle*

Codec01

Smash Cadet
God, I'm liking this project so much XD
BTW, I was trying to find a way to give B moves and other stuffs to red alloy for the past 3 days and
I found something interesting. What I did was, I replaced Red alloy's MotionEtc data with C.Falcon's
MotionEtc data. Amazingly, red alloy did the same C.Falcon's EntryR, EntryL, Win and Lose animations.
However, other things were not changed for some reasons. Good thing was that the game didn't freeze
and those animations were perfect. If you want the MotionEtc data, I will upload it. I will continue to
work on this and if I figure it out, I will make a thread.

Revven

FrankerZ
I'm pretty sure that Camelot found out how to control whether someone can grab a ledge or not, it's a script but, I don't remember it off the top of my head. It also is making me think it's only useful for Up Bs but, I may be wrong.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
BTW, I was trying to find a way to give B moves and other stuffs to red alloy for the past 3 days and
I found something interesting. What I did was, I replaced Red alloy's MotionEtc data with C.Falcon's
MotionEtc data. Amazingly, red alloy did the same C.Falcon's EntryR, EntryL, Win and Lose animations.
However, other things were not changed for some reasons. Good thing was that the game didn't freeze
and those animations were perfect. If you want the MotionEtc data, I will upload it. I will continue to
You just replaced all of Captain Falcons animations with ones for Red Alloy. Since he still doesn't have any specials, or anything else we need, he has no place to store them. Thank you, but you are not stumbling upon anything new.

I'm pretty sure that Camelot found out how to control whether someone can grab a ledge or not, it's a script but, I don't remember it off the top of my head. It also is making me think it's only useful for Up Bs but, I may be wrong.
Hey Falco. I am a little new here, so I would be lost even trying to find this. Could you maybe point me in the direction of this, since all I need to do is put it with an animation, and one of my major problems have been solved.

Revven

FrankerZ
Didn't take long:

0C090100: Determines whether or not you can grab a ledge. 1 paramater, parameter is "value". Value of 0 = can't grab ledge, 1 = can grab ledge.

By the way, what are you going to do about their shields/rolls/spot dodges/air dodges? Alloys can't do any of those either.

Leon2457

Smash Rookie
Names eh? well, I think Candle is probably the best one so far ...
But for me I'll probably keep calling him Primid >_<

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure that you'd have to edit the Fitchar.pac via PSA in order to make him grab ledges and use B moves, not just the MotionEtc.pac

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
#BrawlPlus friends share things.
Dantarion speaks no lies. I asked Slashy to get some footage for me to give you guys a sneak peak on the project. I would have explained several things, but due to Slashy's choice in video hosting, I can't view the video. It is a shame really. Chances are though that you saw several animation errors (sometimes it reverts to Red Alloy skeleton, Down attacks aren't finished, you can't get up when you get knocked over, and other stuff). I am trying my best to piece this all together using very few animations. He has around a quarter of what a normal character has, so it is kinda difficult. I hope though that this doesn't deter you from waiting for Primid.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
Dantarion speaks no lies. I asked Slashy to get some footage for me to give you guys a sneak peak on the project. I would have explained several things, but due to Slashy's choice in video hosting, I can't view the video. It is a shame really. Chances are though that you saw several animation errors (sometimes it reverts to Red Alloy skeleton, Down attacks aren't finished, you can't get up when you get knocked over, and other stuff). I am trying my best to piece this all together using very few animations. He has around a quarter of what a normal character has, so it is kinda difficult. I hope though that this doesn't deter you from waiting for Primid.
i can't view it either :(

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I was able to see the video and the only real problems I saw was that it does sometimes revert to Red Alloy's skelleton, some Sfx aren't in place yet, but the REAL problem is that you can't move because it just loops the animation in place and you stand still.

BUT have no fear, as there is a way to fix this, open his FitChar.pac via PSA and go to the running/walking subaction, when you're there click the button that says Animation Flags and check the box where it says; move character, which SHOULD allow him to move freely.

He also was on a floating stage with no walkoffs fighting a level 9 so he couldn't really show many of the moves because he was getting ***** by the cpu so hard. DX

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
BUT have no fear, as there is a way to fix this, open his FitChar.pac via PSA and go to the running/walking subaction, when you're there click the button that says Animation Flags and check the box where it says; move character, which SHOULD allow him to move freely.
I already tried to do that with Waluigi, doesn't work. The move character box is already marked, I even tried to unmark it, but the walking cycle is still the same.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
I was able to see the video and the only real problems I saw was that it does sometimes revert to Red Alloy's skelleton, some Sfx aren't in place yet, but the REAL problem is that you can't move because it just loops the animation in place and you stand still.

He also was on a floating stage with no walkoffs fighting a level 9 so he couldn't really show many of the moves because he was getting ***** by the cpu so hard. DX
You indeed are a winner. You win the internets. All of them.

Seriously man, I know and I have tried. It is not something new. There is something else preventing us from moving.

And why the hell was he fighting a level nine with an UNFINISHED character? I told him to fight like a level three...

DeeNinjaa

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Thunder? Any luck yet with the walking?
You are really 2kewl for trying to succeed at something so hard.
Only having a quarter of the needed animations? That only makes the project better.
Improv with the animations. Frame speed modifiers, and other things will make the repeated animations look like they're completely different! I'm seriously looking forward to this.
Good luck! ^^

Zschalix

Smash Cadet
You indeed are a winner. You win the internets. All of them.

There is something else preventing us from moving.
Without inspecting the animation file, I would guess that specific actions in the specials section (not subactions) or data in the "other" section of the character's run and walk animations allow the running and walking subactions to link together. If it's information in the subaction's other section, then perhaps replacing these animations with those of captain falcon, etc. would fix??

If its in the specials section.... I'm not sure how to isolate those lines of data.... I dont have a usb gecko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom