• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Primid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
hmm. if we could replace a normal character with primid, i would be offering to help with the PSA part. you should replace a different alloy with Shaydas. yea, there might be a lack of animations, but we could get it to work.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
hmm. if we could replace a normal character with primid, i would be offering to help with the PSA part. you should replace a different alloy with Shaydas. yea, there might be a lack of animations, but we could get it to work.
Well, I said that it would be great to have someone work on other SSE characters. Why don't you take a stab at it? I found Shaydas on multiple occasions when searching for Primids (They were in the common files... It was dumb), so I probably still have the files with him. But the only thing is, Shaydas is huge, like most of the SSE characters. I mean, I realized that some of them were fairly large, but I never realized how big. If you want I can get a copy of those models and textures for you, but I would rather finish working on Primid before I start work on anything else.

Right right, I forgot to lay out a moveset for you guys, since Primid currently has several attacks.

NORMAL
Jabs - Primid punches, punches, kicks, then unleashes a rapid flurry of jabs
Dash attack - Primid runs forward and slams his face into the ground, similar to Dedede.
F-Tilt - Primid karate chops in front of him
U-Tilt - Unknown
D-Tilt - Unknown

SMASH
Side Smash - Primid winds up, and unleashes a vicious fast punch. It does flame damage.
Up Smash - Primid crouches to the ground before performing a powerful jumping headbutt that is sure to punish anyone he hits on the way up.
Down Smash - Unknown

Aerials
Nair - Pulls back and kicks.
Fair - Unknown
Bair - Does a quick spin in mid air.
Uair - Spins around while performing an upper cut.
Dair - Kicks one leg down, doing a powerful spike. Similar to Ness' Dair.

Grabs and throws
Unknown

Specials
These may or may not come to fruition. We have limited space to work inside the alloys
Neutral Special - Primid tosses a fire ball
Side special - Primid throws his boomerang
Up Special - Performs a super jump
Down special - Either a super scope, or chargeable flame breath
Final Smash - If this is even possible, it will be simple

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
Well, I said that it would be great to have someone work on other SSE characters. Why don't you take a stab at it? I found Shaydas on multiple occasions when searching for Primids (They were in the common files... It was dumb), so I probably still have the files with him. But the only thing is, Shaydas is huge, like most of the SSE characters. I mean, I realized that some of them were fairly large, but I never realized how big. If you want I can get a copy of those models and textures for you, but I would rather finish working on Primid before I start work on anything else.

Right right, I forgot to lay out a moveset for you guys, since Primid currently has several attacks.

NORMAL
Jabs - Primid punches, punches, kicks, then unleashes a rapid flurry of jabs
Dash attack - Primid runs forward and slams his face into the ground, similar to Dedede.
F-Tilt - Primid lets out a slow powerful punch towards the ground. It might have a low chance of tripping.
U-Tilt - Unknown
D-Tilt - Unknown

SMASH
Side Smash - Primid winds up, and unleashes a vicious fast punch. It does flame damage.
Up Smash - Primid crouches to the ground before performing a powerful jumping headbutt that is sure to punish anyone he hits on the way up.
Down Smash - Unknown

Aerials
Nair - Pulls back and kicks.
Fair - Unknown
Bair - Does a quick spin in mid air.
Uair - Spins around while performing an upper cut.
Dair - Kicks one leg down, doing a powerful spike. Similar to Ness' Dair.

Grabs and throws
Unknown

Specials
These may or may not come to fruition. We have limited space to work inside the alloys
Neutral Special - Primid tosses a fire ball
Side special - Primid throws his boomerang
Up Special - Performs a super jump
Down special - Either a super scope, or chargeable flame breath
Final Smash - If this is even possible, it will be simple
you can get me the shaydas now if you want, but i can wait, or even take time to look for it myself. still getting used to brawlbox though.

about the moveset, i think most of the unknown attacks should somehow be related to his beam sword

EDIT: once this is done, i'll make alt costumes, if made possible

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
you can get me the shaydas now if you want, but i can wait, or even take time to look for it myself. still getting used to brawlbox though.

about the moveset, i think most of the unknown attacks should somehow be related to his beam sword

EDIT: once this is done, i'll make alt costumes, if made possible
I'll go look for Shadays in a few minutes. Right now my desktop is a mess from BrawlBox, since I extract everything there, and I want to clean it up first.

As for the moveset, I want to avoid using his beamsword. First off, there are very few animations for it. Second, if he has a sword, why not always use it? I also am having trouble even getting Primids face to work, so for now, we are avoiding all of his weapons (Which means I am not working on his specials right now).

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
I'll go look for Shadays in a few minutes. Right now my desktop is a mess from BrawlBox, since I extract everything there, and I want to clean it up first.

As for the moveset, I want to avoid using his beamsword. First off, there are very few animations for it. Second, if he has a sword, why not always use it? I also am having trouble even getting Primids face to work, so for now, we are avoiding all of his weapons (Which means I am not working on his specials right now).
well, its not like you can work on specials anyway right? i was hoping for beamsword attacks, but oh well :(. also, can we get a compilation of all the different primid eyes?

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
Have you thought of just screwing the whole eye loading thing and just re-texturing him? I mean, I know that primids as characters have multiple eyes, so instead of trying to implement that, just re -exture the eyeless model. :\

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
i would have said to have the primid's jab to be the infinite punches like kirby, and the ftilt to be the sloppy slow punch and kicks they do.

everything else you suggested sounds about right as well. I would do a Yoga Flame instead of a super scope, because If they already have one on them, what if they pick one up off the ground? they'd have 2 scopes!

on a side note: yoga NOOGIE~!

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
well, its not like you can work on specials anyway right? i was hoping for beamsword attacks, but oh well :(. also, can we get a compilation of all the different primid eyes?
I can work on specials. Me and a friend are going to work on them. We are just waiting until I finish all of the animations for Primid first. As for the compilation of all the eyes, just open up the adventure mode common files and look at them yourself.

Have you thought of just screwing the whole eye loading thing and just re-texturing him? I mean, I know that primids as characters have multiple eyes, so instead of trying to implement that, just re -exture the eyeless model. :\
This makes sense, and I do want to do it, but getting the eyes isn't only for aesthetic purposes. Once I figure out how to get them, I can also get his scope, sword, fire, and boomerang.

i would have said to have the primid's jab to be the infinite punches like kirby, and the ftilt to be the sloppy slow punch and kicks they do.

everything else you suggested sounds about right as well. I would do a Yoga Flame instead of a super scope, because If they already have one on them, what if they pick one up off the ground? they'd have 2 scopes!

on a side note: yoga NOOGIE~!
The "Sloppy" punches, are actually pretty nice looking, and not at all slow. I also have a picture of one of the kicks on my first post. The flurry of punches is on the end of the combo (Although it is not infinite). As for his Ftilt, I already have an attack for it as I said. Think of his boomerang attack without the boomerang.

As for the super scope, it would be impossible for them to have two at once. I think people are confusing Super Scope, the item, with Super Scope, Primids gun. They are two very different objects. Primid is also incapable of holding items, due to him being an alloy. I think I might counter this by making him impossible to grab as well XD

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
i knew what you meant by super scope as being the primid's rifle, not the item charcters can pick up.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I honestly think that the Bair and the Fair should be Marth's Bair and Fair that spawns a beam sword for the duration of the animation, just to implement all of the different Primid's abilities. Or marth's Nair for the Primid's Fair, that'd be pretty sweet.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
I honestly think that the Bair and the Fair should be Marth's Bair and Fair that spawns a beam sword for the duration of the animation, just to implement all of the different Primid's abilities. Or marth's Nair for the Primid's Fair, that'd be pretty sweet.
I would like to state two things here.

First off, I would like people to stop suggesting that I give Primid a beam sword. I am not a fan of swordsman characters, and since I am making the character, that means I make him how I want to. If you would like to create a beam sword Primid, I would be happy to share my models, textures, and animations with you.

Secondly, just like Primid is incapable of using other characters as a base, he is also incapable of using other characters animations. He becomes a mangled wreck, and for whatever reason is shown to be several feet higher than he actually is. As such, I have to build the entire character using the limited resources that I have. Due to request, I am going to post this list in several minutes.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Animation List
All animations have the prefix EnmPrim

Appeal
BigFlameBreath
BigFlameHold
BigFlameStart
BoomerangAttack
BoomerangCatch
BoomerangCatchAir
BoomerangThrowAir
BoomerangThrowHi
BoomerangThrowN
BulletMode
Damage1
Damage2
Damage3
Down
DownBound
DownBoundBig
DownStand
Fall
FallRoll
FireAnime - Does not work
FlameBreath
FleamBreathAir
HardPunch
HardPunchHold
HardPunchStart
HeadButtHi
HeadButtHold
HeadButtHiJump
HeadButtHiStart
Jump
JumpAerial
JumpB
JumpSquat
Kick
KickAir
KickAirLow
Landing
LandingBig
MetalAnime - I don't think this works either
Pass
Punch
Push
Run
RunBig
RunBrake
RunBrakeBig
Rush
RushHold
RushStart
ScopeAirRapid
ScopeCharge
ScopeChargeShot
ScopeChargeStart
ScopeRapidHi
ScopeRapidN
ShadowInsectAnime - Doesn't work
Sliding
SlidingBig
StepJump
StepJumpFall
StepJumpHi
StepJumpLanding
StepJumpSquat
SwordAttackAirLwLoop
SwordAttackAirLwStart
SwordAttackAirN
SwordAttackDash
SwordAttackF
SwordAttackHi
SwordAttackHiHold
SwordAttackHiSquat
SwordAttackN
SwordReflection
SwordReflectionAir
Turn
TurnBig
TurnRun
TurnRunBig
Wait1
Wait2
Wait3
WaitBig
WaitBoomerang
WaitFire
WaitMetal
WaitSuperScope
WaitSword
Walk
WalkBig

Leon2457

Smash Rookie
It's about time the poor Primid got his rightful place in this game.
I always wanted him in before the game came out (heh, **** you Smash Bros Dojo)

Anyway, things look absolutely brilliant, and if you do consider just re-texturig his eyes, then I'd be happy to try help you out if needed :3

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Can you add your own animations? Like from other files? all we need is item pick up and were good to go!

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
It's about time the poor Primid got his rightful place in this game.
I always wanted him in before the game came out (heh, **** you Smash Bros Dojo)

Anyway, things look absolutely brilliant, and if you do consider just re-texturig his eyes, then I'd be happy to try help you out if needed :3
I too have been a fan of Primid ever since we heard about "This world". He may just be a lowly SSE grunt, but to me, he is wonderful. As for his eyes, I considered retexturing them, but I think that there is a way to set them as an article, and then have him spawn the article on something like his wait animation. I don't know, but if his eyes don't work, I will just texture them on since he doesn't blink anyways.

Can you add your own animations? Like from other files? all we need is item pick up and were good to go!
Um, well we can't edit animations yet, but we can import other characters animations. Primid's bones though are all messed up, and he doesn't like doing this though.

Right, a few orders of business. First off, we gotta stop calling him Primid. He needs a name. Whoever comes up with the best name, has named him. Post your names! GO!

Second order of business, I need someone with a capture card. I would like someone to get a video of Primid in action. This also means you get to test him out a little bit. If you would like to do this, then PM me that way I can link you to the DL. Please and thank you!

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Thats what i meant, import your own since he does'nt have his own and Brawl tries to find that Animation. Use Mario's Itme pickup. What alloy did you use as a base?

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Well, I have been using Red Alloy since he was the only Alloy I could choose when I started the project. But Primid does have his own animations. Scroll up a little bit, I posted the entire list.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Most Primids have some sort of special attack (i.e. spitting out fireballs), so do you think you could eventually implement those?

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Why dont you use yellow alloy?
He's the perfect height, and mario's moves are pretty appropriate for him I think.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Well cant you insert other peoples animations into the Motion file for red alloy? or rename pre made animations?

@sora: i know right?

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Most Primids have some sort of special attack (i.e. spitting out fireballs), so do you think you could eventually implement those?
Yes

Why dont you use yellow alloy?
He's the perfect height, and mario's moves are pretty appropriate for him I think.
Red Alloy was the only character I had at the time. If I really feel like it, I can get Yellow Alloys animations. Once again however, Primids model is uncooperative and appears to be several feet off the ground. Therefore I am sticking with Primids animations and attacks. I can piece together enough to get a full moveset. I am currently only missing about three moves minus the specials.

Well cant you insert other peoples animations into the Motion file for red alloy? or rename pre made animations?

@sora: i know right?
Stop asking questions I have already answered.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Primid still needs a name... Is no one going to take a crack at naming him? If no one does, I will probably end up naming him something dumb like Spam.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
So far his name is going to be Spam the Primid. I should totally make a machinima using these guys.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Lol. just like what we are doing. Spammering. I'd love to make a Machinma using Him. But me no gots a Capture card. :(

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Ok, back on topic.......... if your going to texture his Eye on him, make him the one Eye primid.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
As much as I love spamming in my topic, let's not. I created this topic to get help and show off Primid in his starting stages.

Also, he will not be the one eyed Primid, he will be the standard two oval eyed Primid.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
His name should be amazing...LAME.....or it could be....
*credit to yoshizard*
A friend of mine always called them bucketheads, so I think BucketHead Bob, BucketHead the Primid, or BucketHead Bob-The Primid.

Oh srry I didnt know....Well, do what you think will look best then. ^.~

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
He already came up with the name. it'll be Spam. Spam the Primid.

Big boss the primid. Smart Primid. Smash the Primid. Random stuff i threw out.

m.vit

Smash Rookie
SmashPrimid, since theres BoomPrimid BigPrimid MetalPrimid and **** like that

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Names in the running:
Spam - Named after myself
BucketHead Bob - This amuses me
Candle - Win
Smash - It describes him perfectly

I also have a super special surprise for my next post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom