• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HERB 3! Greensboro, NC! Date: March 27-28 2010! BIG UPDATES READ EVERYTHING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilt

Smash Lord
Hardcore EXTREME Ragefest BEATDOWN the THIRD!

General Info:
After the great success of HERB2, I am glad to announce that HERB 3 is headed your way. HERB is a tournament series run by yours truly and the lovely NisP, located in Greensboro, NC. The attendance at HERB 2 was over 75 smashers for each game and pot sizes over $1000 dollars! I would like to see at HERB 3, all of the amazing smashers that have graced me with their presence at HERB 1 and/or 2. Mew2King, HungryBox, G$, Lambchops, Meep, G-regulate, Dr. Peepee, Alukard, LoZr, HaX and many more.

Come for the greatest NC smash experience of your LIFE!​

Date:

March 27-28 of 2010!

Quality Inn & Suites
7067 Albert Pick Road, Greensboro NC - (336) 668-3638

Hotel fees (including discount): 69.99 for a king or double room. :D

Just call and let them know you are staying for HERB, ya digg?

Event Info:

This will be a two day tournament. Saturday March 27 will be Melee only and Sunday March 28 will be Brawl.
SCHEDULE:

~Doubles Reg: 10-11
~Singles Reg: 10-12
~Doubles Begins: 12.
~Doubles Ends: 4.
~Singles Begins: 5.
~Singles Ends: Midnight.

This is the schedule for both days. End time for tournaments are estimated. May run longer or shorter.

Because so many people have a problem pre-registering for HERB3, Vilt wants to allow at the door registration. >_>

Hope you find a similar slow experience like HERB2 appeasing to you. We will try whatever we can to make it move faster, but at the door registration takes an amazingly long time. So be here on time. IF YOU DO NOT SHOW UP ON TIME ****DURING REGISTRATION HOURS****, YOU WILL NOT PLAY. END OF STORY.

Please visit herb3.weebly.com for registration info!

Attendance list:
If you plan on attending HERB 3 please post in the thread and your name will be added to the list.

Hosts: Vilt and NisP

1. DJ Rome
2. Stingers
3. TheAPExp
4. DR Pee Pee
5. Salad
6. HBox :3
7. Ally
8. PLUR
9. PLUR's Cheesecake
10. Mike G
11. Boss Hog
12.Omegawhitemage
13. Toasty
14. 6Mizu
15. Lord Rayku
16. So Fatal (needs teammate)
17. Boss8
18. EmThreeDee
19. Kadaj
20. PinkFresh
21. Mekos (Needs teammate)
22. DP's Mario + more of Columbus
23. Twitch
24. Seibrik
25. ACE
26. Kidd_01
27. The Cape
28. That niglet, Keith.
29. Noobicidal
30. HiIH
31. Krackshot Kroc
32. Snapple.
33. onlymaskde
34. Galuuda
35. Ocean
36. Stockfield.
37. Don Hudson.
38. Mott.
39. MANGO
40. Marklar
41. Face
42. FrozenHobo + GA peoples.
43. Raggy Bro

If you posted that you were confirmed or thinking of coming, PM me, sorry I missed it.
If you are not coming and I put you up here, PM me.
If you are up here with a ?, PM me to let me know your status.

Rules

Melee RULES!
* Items off.
* DQ rule. If your match is called and you do not show up, you will be disqualified after 5 minutes of being called.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* Stage Striking is the primary way of picking first stage unless agreed upon the players to just random with one reset.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* Wobbling is banned.
* Gentlemen's Rule.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stage List

Singles

Starter Stage List:

* Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
* Past Stages: Dream Land
* Special Stages: Final Destination
* Special Stages: Battlefield
* Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:

* Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
* Planet Zebes: Brinstar
* Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
* Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Teams

Starter Stage List:

* Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
* Past Stages: Dream Land
* Special Stages: Final Destination
* Special Stages: Battlefield
* Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:

* Planet Zebes: Brinstar
* Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
* Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

1 Stage Ban per person/team
4 stocks
8 minute time limit

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brawl Ruleset.
* Items off.
* DQ rule. If your match is called and you do not show up, you will be disqualified after 5 minutes of being called.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned
* Standing Infinites are banned. This includes ICE CLIMBERS. All characters must move before re-grabbing.
* Gentlemen's Rule.
* Ledge Grab Rule is in effect. More than 40 ledge grabs and you lose the match. (Meta Knight Only.)
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Neutral:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Couterpicks:
Lylat
Brinstar
Delfino
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair

Banned:
Everything else.

1 Stage ban per person/team
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit

Signatures and images created and provided by NisP. xD

DJRome

Smash Hero
oh yeah, i can provide a tourney setup and a friendly setup (the tv that blinks a lot).

also vilt, if you want, I can use some of your venue fees and buy some cl tvs in my spare time if you want. but only if you want. i may keep them otherwise lol

Vilt

Smash Lord
Door fees go into paying for venue overtime if I have to and Paying the venue in general. Sorry bro. xD Tv's are never a problem. Games are.

Edit: In all honesty guys, I really want B+ to happen and I am working on it happening. Just do what Ace does. Trust in me guys.

DJRome

Smash Hero
? Last time there weren't enough tvs as i recall because pools had only 1 tv per pool with pools of 11 or 12. ???

Vilt

Smash Lord
Well that was brawl. I think Melee was okay. People left after Melee and we had less TVs so less systems as well.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yeah brawl had like no setups last time. like 1 tv per pool for the most part, i saw 1 or 2 pools with 2 tvs. honestly, im very surprised brawl only ran an hour over schedule. i guess 16 man bracket helped a lot.

NisP

Smash Journeyman
I don't really know Vilt's "surprise" for the whole B+ thing...but who knows? If people PRE REGISTER, then we wont have to spend 2 hours with the registration. In turn, we might have some time fit in for a little B+.

-shrug-

EDIT: Plus the fact that we will hopefully have the Brackets posted up somewhere LARGE and FULLY VISIBLE for the WHOLE ROOM, rather than people swarming one **** computer. Which also makes things faster.

>>
<<

DJRome

Smash Hero
yeah, more tvs and a larger venue would be nice. that venue had a huge area inside the bar that could not be used

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
Yes.

One thing though: please time manage this one better than the last. Bracket started at midnight at herb 2, which is complete bullsh*t. Other than that though, sh*t's going down bwah

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I'd recommend SleepyK/PP/Toasty do vids if they are up for it, since they are all so badass at uploading them quickly :>

BEHR

Smash Hero
LOL This is during my spring break and I may be in NY at the time for Spring Break lol.

We will see.

NisP

Smash Journeyman
I'd recommend SleepyK/PP/Toasty do vids if they are up for it, since they are all so badass at uploading them quickly :>
Sleepyk doin dat livestream.

:D

THIS TIME: 1 compy for livestream. 1 compy for bracket. Projector or Large board of some kind for bracket.

The computer for the bracket is for the awesome staff :3

DJRome

Smash Hero
vilt, have you decided on a venue yet? idk if ppl are more open to herbs that are hosted closer to rdu for flight purposes?

edit: ask moo for one of his big *** tvs and hook it up to ur computer

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
1. Amber, make cookies for this.
2. I'm coming

3. Vilt, you might as well put me down for tourney host since I helped you run HERB2, and I plan on helping you again as much as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom