• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Mario PSA [v0.7] Recolors + Melee F-Air + Stock Icons

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord

It's-a Me! Dr. Mario!

:drmario: ~Basic Run-Down~ :drmario:
Dr. Mario, as you know and love, will keep the same basic tactics and style. Keep in mind that this is Brawl, and not Melee. Thus, some adjustments must be made.

Doc will have the same basic move set that he had in Melee. However, to make him less of a direct clone, I will be modifying his moves a bit (think Project Roy). Doc will be made with B+ in mind.

About modifying his moves; I think that the play style, as a whole should remain near-completely intact. Thus, I'm going to make mainly cosmetic changes. That being said, I will not limit myself to just that. Some of his weaker moves very well might be replaced. I had mained Doc in the Melee days, and still do. I'm trying to give him a Melee look, with a Brawl feel, but also give him a Brawl look, with a Melee feel. Kind of hard to explain, but you'll see. So, yeah, support the project or hate it, up to you. Any help and feedback is appreciated. See the post below this one for a WIP To-Do list. Now then, let's-a get on-a with the show! Wa-hoo~!

:drmario: ~Animations~ :drmario:

Double Jump (Forward)

Now a sort of forward somersault.

F-Smash: Electric Glove

Doc stands back, building up energy, and steps forward, his hand charged with the power of thunder! Watch the enemy sail!

F-Air: Downward Punch

Just the good ol' Melee F-Air.

D-Air: Doc Twister

This attack acts as a drill, just as it was in melee and 64.

New land animation too. Thanks Blitzkrieg98!

Dash Attack: Slide

Based on Super Mario 64. Doc slides head first at the enemy.

Neutral Special: Megavitamin

Doc spawns a Megavitamin, the capsule-shaped item used to cure various sickness's in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Side Special: Cape Coat

Cosmetic change. Texture (In the MotionEtc.pac File) originally by Hax2theMax.

Down Special: Shock Tornado

Dr. Mario spins wildly, with each connecting hit zapping the foe!

Fighter Stance (1-2)

Looks more intimidating than just swinging his arms around -_-

Fighter Stance (3)

Derp.

Up Taunt: Spin

A simple upwards spin. Looks cool...

Down Taunt: Victory Pose

One of the victory poses.

Side Taunt: Wind-Up Punch

I changed it because he no longer has a hat to take off :p

:drmario: ~Various Shots~ :drmario:

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2ff3d705a09a3c85bda4076e811714c8efe2752c72bed8b2292b492bd5edc68e

Recolors

Melee Doc (By AGFanProduction):

http://www.mediafire.com/?z3oy6knc2j10j64

Stock Icons, courtesy of Thany :]

Kirby Hat :D
http://www.mediafire.com/?2nnxl1mzxm4

:drmario: ~Videos~ :drmario:

Demonstration of all moves/taunts etc by Fool's Gil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt5GhxljyP4

:roymelee: ~Relatives~ :mewtwo:

Wanna see the rest of the Fallen Five return to the fray? Click on the names below!

Roy

Mewtwo

Young Link

Pichu

Cameos-

These characters appeared in the snapshots above:

Mario

Skull Kid

Mewtwo

Silver

Luigi

Volvagia

Knuckles​

Please see the post below for more info reguarding a
"To-Do List".

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
:drmario: ~To-Do List~ :drmario:

Model
We have successfully removed his cap, with his hair intact! Unfortunately, this affects all of his costumes, so a vertex hack was made. It looks more complete with the hair on all of the costumes, but if someone could take the latest version of the moveset and remove the call for the hair model in all of the animations, that'd be great :]

Final Smash
Change the graphic on the excite bike AT into the viruses who spawn everywhere and run all over the stage, then pills start to drop from the sky at the same time until they are all off the stage.
This may not happen actually, as some people play w/o items... we'll see.

SFX
Not many SFX are really needed to be changed, so we really can live without these for a while, but by all means, feel free to make some. I was thinking mario 64 sfx like in the past smash games.

:drmario: ~What's Next?~ :drmario:

-Balancing/Adjustment of hitboxes + damage​

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Someone made a Donkey Kong hack that automatically throws barrels with a side special. Perhaps you could use the same type of coding to throw pills.

kciD

Smash Journeyman
I hope this is good. I've been waiting on a good Doc for a while.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I like the fact that there's no hat.
oops, forgot to put the code for that. my bad. its not integrated, sorry :(

Someone made a Donkey Kong hack that automatically throws barrels with a side special. Perhaps you could use the same type of coding to throw pills.
O rly? That sounds fun lol. Thanks, I will look into that.

I hope this is good. I've been waiting on a good Doc for a while.
ha, well there WAS a doc made by cape a while back but the thread got pushed waaaay back.

Sweet! I will try this out. Could you provide links to the Doc costume and Pills texture?
Thanks :) Um, I will TRY to find the D/L for that texture, it isn't mine. I could just re-upload it though. I will have to re-up the capsule though since H2tM has been been forever. I'll update the OP with it.

ALSO:

I will NOT be putting Luigi's D-Air in... NEVER AGAIN... *shudders*

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Hey OniK4ge! Your moveset inspired me to work on making Mario's fireballs into capsules. Currently I have him throwing (rather large) spinning capsules that act like fireballs. (Unfortunately they happen to be on fire, but I don't think I can change that.) I am also able to hex edit Mario to make his fireballs deal normal-element damage (and change how much damage he does as well).

Anyway, what I'm saying is, want me to give you the stuff/hex edit for you so that your Doctor Mario shoots large, slightly on-fire capsules that do normal damage?

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Oh, someone is still using my Capsule and Cape textures! I may download this when it's completed.

The H2tM team kind of went down when no one other than me was updating, but I put everything of mine on my own mediafire.
http://www.mediafire.com/RoyMaster4

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
His dair doesn't look well on anyone. I tried in on C. Falcon. *throws up almost*

Also, just pray you don't see Luigi with C. Falcon's d taunt. I tried it. It's odd 0_o
lol xD yeah with mario its like his nose was pushed up onto where his eyes are, and his mustache is horribly stretched... it was... awful...

Hey OniK4ge! Your moveset inspired me to work on making Mario's fireballs into capsules. Currently I have him throwing (rather large) spinning capsules that act like fireballs. (Unfortunately they happen to be on fire, but I don't think I can change that.) I am also able to hex edit Mario to make his fireballs deal normal-element damage (and change how much damage he does as well).

Anyway, what I'm saying is, want me to give you the stuff/hex edit for you so that your Doctor Mario shoots large, slightly on-fire capsules that do normal damage?
Hi Eldiran :) Whoa and the capsules even spin?! Dude, you were like, on a roll lol.If the capsules themselves are on fire, that's ok since there's nothing we can do. This will make it at least some what more tournament legal. Anyway, GOD YES I would love for you to show me how! But if you've already got it done, that would probably be better because I'm gonna eat dinner soon. Can you provide a download? If you could teach me how, it would be very, very good, and it would come in handy for a couple things I'm planning to do actually, but maybe tomorrow, if you would? In the mean time, if you've got a D/L for the Fire Capsules, I would appreciate it very much :3

Oh, someone is still using my Capsule and Cape textures! I may download this when it's completed.

The H2tM team kind of went down when no one other than me was updating, but I put everything of mine on my own mediafire.
http://www.mediafire.com/RoyMaster4
Ah, I see now. I always wondered what happened to you guys! I liked your stuff lol. I'll swap out the DL's. Thanks for telling me man.

Rudra

Smash Ace
Nice work. though this also makes me wonder as to what became of the other Doc thread...
:005:

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Hi Eldiran :) Whoa and the capsules even spin?! Dude, you were like, on a roll lol.If the capsules themselves are on fire, that's ok since there's nothing we can do. This will make it at least some what more tournament legal. Anyway, GOD YES I would love for you to show me how! But if you've already got it done, that would probably be better because I'm gonna eat dinner soon. Can you provide a download? If you could teach me how, it would be very, very good, and it would come in handy for a couple things I'm planning to do actually, but maybe tomorrow, if you would? In the mean time, if you've got a D/L for the Fire Capsules, I would appreciate it very much :3
Sure! Here's the file: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jmnyrwj2mdz
Just place that in the mario folder where the moveset goes and rename it FitMarioMotionEtc.pac.

I'll teach you what little I know if you'd like -- most of my progress is random guessing :p

Anyway, I'd very much like the Doc texture, if you could provide a download for that. I'd like to see if I can remove the hat and make the codes unnecessary. (Can't promise anything though!)

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Sure! Here's the file: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jmnyrwj2mdz
Just place that in the mario folder where the moveset goes and rename it FitMarioMotionEtc.pac.

I'll teach you what little I know if you'd like -- most of my progress is random guessing :p

Anyway, I'd very much like the Doc texture, if you could provide a download for that. I'd like to see if I can remove the hat and make the codes unnecessary. (Can't promise anything though!)
Thanks a lotsa spaghetti man. Aha, yeah, my PSA using is kind of random guessing anyway so... ha... um, and I will see if I can find that link to that texture. If I cannot, I will re-up it. Oh, and good luck with that hat- the code causes "glitches" for other characters, as you know... >_>

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I posted a request for this a bit ago on the KKMM forums
http://kittycorp.freecp.net/index.php?topic=2719.0

neon said he was "working" on one, which in laymans terms probably means, "he might get around to it"

but he had a video of... some stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8HKWQlPEbM

obviously not much has been finished for that.

anyways, I would wish that this project comes to completion. I feel that this PSA should focus less on perhaps the visual changes to mario (an actual pill could look kinda cool though) but that it should most appropriately match the moveset which Doctor Mario had in melee, which had many specific changes for nearly all of his attacks in terms of speed, power, and damage from mario.

should a close replicate of a dr mario moveset be made, than it would most certainly be a very quality PSA hack as it would be very balanced and completely changed at the same time.

my suggestions are on the link i posted, but mostly, the differences between him and mario lie in his speed, power, and specific attacks.

I'd like to see if I can remove the hat and make the codes unnecessary.
I was about to propose that very thing. I would like having a single Dr. Mario pac that didn't have the hat. My Boo Kirby looks very nice without legs :D

Edit: If someone could get a detailed list of Regular Mario's differences from Melee (In percentage format), then it would simply be a matter of adding/subtracting that from Dr. Mario's Melee stats. Effectively, that would then balance him and take a lot of thinking out of the equation.

Example (None if this reflects what it actually is):
Melee Mario Charged F-Smash: 19%
Brawl Mario Charged F-Smash: 23%

Melee Dr. Mario's Charged F-Smash: 22%
Brawl Dr. Mario's Charged F-Smash: +4= 26%

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
His dair doesn't look well on anyone. I tried in on C. Falcon. *throws up almost*

Also, just pray you don't see Luigi with C. Falcon's d taunt. I tried it. It's odd 0_o
LOL
I have it so that his up taunt his Falcon's d taunt. I love it, I'm keeping it permanently.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
My suggestion:
Replace the Fireball's model with the Capsule's model and that texture. Get somebody to hex edit the fireball so it doesn't do fire damage. Done.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I was about to propose that very thing. I would like having a single Dr. Mario pac that didn't have the hat. My Boo Kirby looks very nice without legs :D

Edit: If someone could get a detailed list of Regular Mario's differences from Melee (In percentage format), then it would simply be a matter of adding/subtracting that from Dr. Mario's Melee stats. Effectively, that would then balance him and take a lot of thinking out of the equation.

Example (None if this reflects what it actually is):
Melee Mario Charged F-Smash: 19%
Brawl Mario Charged F-Smash: 23%

Melee Dr. Mario's Charged F-Smash: 22%
Brawl Dr. Mario's Charged F-Smash: +4= 26%
From: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=516492&topic=37242284

Code:
Attack Strength

Neutrals
---
A
Mario: 1-3
Doc: 2-4
Doc Wins

AA
Mario: 1-2
Doc: 1-3
Doc Wins

AAA
Mario: 2-5
Doc: 3-6
Doc Wins

Dash attack
Mario: 3-9
Doc: 4-9
Doc Wins
---
Mario: 0
Doc: 4
Doc Wins
---
Tilts
---
F-tilt
Mario: 4-10
Doc: 3-9
Mario Wins

U-tilt
Mario: 4-8
Doc: 4-10
Doc Wins

D-tilt
Doc:4-9
Doc Wins
---
Mario: 1
Doc: 2
Doc Wins
---
Smash attacks
---
F-smash
Mario: 6-25
Doc: 9-27
Doc Wins

U-smash
Mario: 8-20
Doc: 7-21
Doc Wins

D-smash
Mario: 5-21
Doc: 8-24
Doc Wins
---
Doc: 3
Doc wins
---
Aerials
---
N-air
Mario: 4-12
Doc: 5-14
Doc wins

F-air
Mario: 8-15 (Meteor)
Doc: 8-17
Doc wins

B-air
Mario: 4-11
Doc: 3-8
Mario Wins

U-air
Mario: 6-11
Doc: 5-10
Mario Wins

D-air
Mario: 1-12
Doc:1-19
Doc Wins
---
Mario: 2
Doc wins
---
Throws
----

F-throw
Mario: 4-9
Tie

B-throw
Mario: 6-12
Doc: 6-12
Tie

U-throw
Doc: 4-8
Tie

D-throw
Mario: 3-6
Tie
---
Doc: 0
Tie
---
Specials
---
B
Doc Wins

Forward B
Mario: 5-10
Doc: 5-12
Doc Wins

Up B
Mario: 1(one coin hit)-14 total
Doc: 3(one Coin hit)-13 total
Mario Wins

Down B
Mario: 1-10
Doc: 1-10
Tie
---
Doc Wins
---
Total
Doc: 5
Plus some miscellanaous stats (ignore the stuff about Luigi)

Code:
Weight: All three weigh the same.
Wavedash length: (Doc/Mario)same, but Luigi’s is the longest.
Running speed: not a noticeable difference(Doc/Mario not sure about Luigi).
Taunt length: Mario’s is obviously the longest (not sure about Doc/Luigi), Luigi's is damaging.
Luigi is floatier than either of the other two- as a result, he can do two aerials in one short hop without much difficulty.
Mario's f-air is a meteor smash, Doc and Luigi’s f-air aren't.
Doc's b-air has somewhat of a downward trajectory, and can be considered a semi-spike.
Mario’s A,A,A ground attack is faster than Doc’s. Luigi's is comparable to Mario's.
Luigi’s D-smash and n-air send the opponent up.
Mario's F-smash is fire and does weak damage if it's only Mario's hand that hits the opponent rather than the fire; Doc's electric glove F-smash doesn't need a sweetspot but thus has less range; Luigi's F-smash also has no sweetspot, but has less range than either of the others.
Mario can wall jump; Doc and Luigi can't.
Doc is the oddball in sex kicks; it's stronger the longer it's out.
Doc's cape doesn't help much in recovery.
The pills travel at a lower angle than Mario's fireballs. Luigi's fireballs travel horizontally. Mario's Fireballs go further than vitamins, which go further than Luigi's fireballs.
The Mario Tornado has hitboxes on the sides of his head at the fist, but the last hit is around his body. The Dr. Tornado has the same hitbox for the 1st hit (the rest are full-body). It also doesn't send him up quite as high and has a random trajectory angle. The Luigi Cyclone hits each character only once during the spinning portion and once at the end, and hits them upward in both cases.
Mario and Dr. Mario's moves have the same amount of frames. Their grabs actually look different, though.
Mario's Cape reaches outward more and ends up covering his whole front side and the top. Dr. Mario's Sheet hits a large area in front of him and ends up covering his whole body.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Meh. If he uses the throw animation, make him throw the pill. Otherwise, just use the taunt animation. Also, since when did Dr. Mario use fire and electricity? That's just plaint stupid. Give him moves that actually relate to his games.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Also, since when did Dr. Mario use fire and electricity?
FSmash.

And most of the others seem to be technical limitations, especially for the fireballs. (Of which you'd know the progress of if you bothered reading the thread)

So stop being a jerk.

Give him moves that relate to his games? Hint: He was in a PUZZLE GAME.

This just in - Captain Falcon can only drive, Marth can't jump.

GenoGar

Smash Apprentice
Could some of his moves use ice? It goes with one of the Doc themes "Chill".

Maybe... Chill Pills?... ... NAH... maybe...

A freezing upsmash or fair to get an upward KO while they're encased in ice would be quite satisfying.

But I guess consistency for Doc's electric fists would rule that fair be electric... so upward hit knee?

If upsmash becomes ice... to be consistent, his grab pummel could be ice as well...

Don't mind me, I'm just randomly pondering visual changes for Doc to make him more "Brawl" like.

If you're changing his d-air, are you going to change his b-air?

Is Doc going to be a slow hard hitter and light-weight
(or heavy since "Doctors don't get much exercise)
like Ike?... or are we going the "souped up Mario that is better in almost every way except recovery" path? It just seems like Doc was made to make up for Mario's shortcomings.

Also, since when did Dr. Mario use fire and electricity?
His theme "Fever" could vouch for fire... and he had electricity (only one move) in Melee. "Chill" can vouch for ice... HEY his pills are Red, Yellow, and Blue... FIRE LIGHTNING ICE am I right??? ..................sorry still pondering visual changes.

But if you're a doctor, you could pretty much do anything you wanted.

-

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
not sure where you got your info, but, here's something I know:

Weight: All three weigh the same. (they actually weigh slightly differently, doc mario is heavier and is therefore, slightly harder to kill than mario)
Wavedash length: (Doc/Mario)same, but Luigi’s is the longest. (again, it might be slightly different)
Running speed: not a noticeable difference(Doc/Mario not sure about Luigi).(doc is most definetely slower than mario when running, not by much, but he certainly is)
Taunt length: Mario’s is obviously the longest (not sure about Doc/Luigi), Luigi's is damaging. (duh)
Luigi is floatier than either of the other two- as a result, he can do two aerials in one short hop without much difficulty.(while this is entirely true about melee, mario has changed to be able to do multiple aerials in one jump as well, luigi is just more floaty. so this does not need to change from mario's default airtime)
Mario's f-air is a meteor smash, Doc and Luigi’s f-air aren't. (this is a major difference for the doc, his f-air could KILL by launching them... but why luigi, who has successfully lost his "mario clone" status by melee is being compared so much, i don't know)
Doc's b-air has somewhat of a downward trajectory, and can be considered a semi-spike. (I don't know about this or not)
Mario’s A,A,A ground attack is faster than Doc’s. Luigi's is comparable to Mario's. (probably true)
Luigi’s D-smash and n-air send the opponent up. (screw luigi, all smashes and n-airs can send people up, just his is perhaps very specifically vertical)
Mario's F-smash is fire and does weak damage if it's only Mario's hand that hits the opponent rather than the fire; Doc's electric glove F-smash doesn't need a sweetspot but thus has less range; Luigi's F-smash also has no sweetspot, but has less range than either of the others. (unsure about sweetspots, but i believe his f-smash does have a smaller hitbox than mario)
Mario can wall jump; Doc and Luigi can't. (yep, couldn't wall jump in melee)
Doc is the oddball in sex kicks; it's stronger the longer it's out. (confirmed, n-air at least)
Doc's cape doesn't help much in recovery. (it helps just as much as mario's)
The pills travel at a lower angle than Mario's fireballs. Luigi's fireballs travel horizontally. Mario's Fireballs go further than vitamins, which go further than Luigi's fireballs. (pills have a very unique path of travel, which does not necessarily mean that they don't go as far as fireballs, the pills travel at an initial lower angle than mario's fireball, but they bounce off of the ground much more than fireballs, and can clearly go just as far before either one dissapears, also, they do do much more damage than fireballs, 8% initially)
The Mario Tornado has hitboxes on the sides of his head at the fist, but the last hit is around his body. The Dr. Tornado has the same hitbox for the 1st hit (the rest are full-body). It also doesn't send him up quite as high and has a random trajectory angle. The Luigi Cyclone hits each character only once during the spinning portion and once at the end, and hits them upward in both cases.(all i'm sure about his tornado is that it launches people in a random trajectory, due to random hitboxes, which is different than mario)
Mario and Dr. Mario's moves have the same amount of frames. Their grabs actually look different, though. (the slowness of doc's attacks are actual illusions, when in reality, most of them are exactly as fast as mario's attacks. only one of his attacks is actually slower than mario's)
Mario's Cape reaches outward more and ends up covering his whole front side and the top. Dr. Mario's Sheet hits a large area in front of him and ends up covering his whole body. (yes, mario's cape and hitbox are more long than high, while doc's is more high than long)

hotdogturtle

Smash Master

A freezing upsmash or fair to get an upward KO while they're encased in ice would be quite satisfying.

But I guess consistency for Doc's electric fists would rule that fair be electric... so upward hit knee?

If upsmash becomes ice... to be consistent, his grab pummel could be ice as well...

Don't mind me, I'm just randomly pondering visual changes for Doc to make him more "Brawl" like.
"Brawl-like" doesn't mean adding random elements to all his moves. That's the same problem that a lot of PSA makers have used on their characters.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
really, making the doc "brawl-like" would be pretty dumb, PSA makers can do whatever random effects, cheap moves and flashy moves, but doctor mario already has a (VERY BALANCED) moveset, in melee. people mained him, and mourned at his removal from the series, therefore, a PSA can put back the same old doctor we all know and love.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
From: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=516492&topic=37242284

Code:
Attack Strength

Neutrals
---
A
Mario: 1-3
Doc: 2-4
Doc Wins

AA
Mario: 1-2
Doc: 1-3
Doc Wins

AAA
Mario: 2-5
Doc Wins

Dash attack
Mario: 3-9
Doc Wins
---
Doc: 4
Doc Wins
---
Tilts
---
F-tilt
Mario: 4-10
Doc: 3-9
Mario Wins

U-tilt
Doc: 4-10
Doc Wins

D-tilt
Doc:4-9
Doc Wins
---
Doc Wins
---
Smash attacks
---
F-smash
Mario: 6-25
Doc: 9-27
Doc Wins

U-smash
Mario: 8-20
Doc: 7-21
Doc Wins

D-smash
Mario: 5-21
Doc: 8-24
Doc Wins
---
Doc wins
---
Aerials
---
N-air
Mario: 4-12
Doc: 5-14
Doc wins

F-air
Mario: 8-15 (Meteor)
Doc: 8-17
Doc wins

B-air
Mario: 4-11
Doc: 3-8
Mario Wins

U-air
Mario: 6-11
Doc: 5-10
Mario Wins

D-air
Mario: 1-12
Doc:1-19
Doc Wins
---
Mario: 2
Doc wins
---
Throws
----

F-throw
Mario: 4-9
Tie

B-throw
Mario: 6-12
Doc: 6-12
Tie

U-throw
Tie

D-throw
Tie
---
Doc: 0
Tie
---
Specials
---
B
Doc Wins

Forward B
Mario: 5-10
Doc: 5-12
Doc Wins

Up B
Mario: 1(one coin hit)-14 total
Doc: 3(one Coin hit)-13 total
Mario Wins

Down B
Mario: 1-10
Doc: 1-10
Tie
---
Doc Wins
---
Total
Doc: 5
Plus some miscellanaous stats (ignore the stuff about Luigi)

Code:
Weight: All three weigh the same.
Wavedash length: (Doc/Mario)same, but Luigi’s is the longest.
Running speed: not a noticeable difference(Doc/Mario not sure about Luigi).
Taunt length: Mario’s is obviously the longest (not sure about Doc/Luigi), Luigi's is damaging.
Luigi is floatier than either of the other two- as a result, he can do two aerials in one short hop without much difficulty.
Mario's f-air is a meteor smash, Doc and Luigi’s f-air aren't.
Doc's b-air has somewhat of a downward trajectory, and can be considered a semi-spike.
Mario’s A,A,A ground attack is faster than Doc’s. Luigi's is comparable to Mario's.
Luigi’s D-smash and n-air send the opponent up.
Mario's F-smash is fire and does weak damage if it's only Mario's hand that hits the opponent rather than the fire; Doc's electric glove F-smash doesn't need a sweetspot but thus has less range; Luigi's F-smash also has no sweetspot, but has less range than either of the others.
Mario can wall jump; Doc and Luigi can't.
Doc is the oddball in sex kicks; it's stronger the longer it's out.
Doc's cape doesn't help much in recovery.
The pills travel at a lower angle than Mario's fireballs. Luigi's fireballs travel horizontally. Mario's Fireballs go further than vitamins, which go further than Luigi's fireballs.
The Mario Tornado has hitboxes on the sides of his head at the fist, but the last hit is around his body. The Dr. Tornado has the same hitbox for the 1st hit (the rest are full-body). It also doesn't send him up quite as high and has a random trajectory angle. The Luigi Cyclone hits each character only once during the spinning portion and once at the end, and hits them upward in both cases.
Mario and Dr. Mario's moves have the same amount of frames. Their grabs actually look different, though.
Mario's Cape reaches outward more and ends up covering his whole front side and the top. Dr. Mario's Sheet hits a large area in front of him and ends up covering his whole body.
Thanks, I'll take a look at this.

Meh. If he uses the throw animation, make him throw the pill. Otherwise, just use the taunt animation. Also, since when did Dr. Mario use fire and electricity? That's just plaint stupid. Give him moves that actually relate to his games.
...huh? And what do you mean that relate to his games? I'm trying to make him like he was in melee because people had mained him, such as myself.

If you're changing his d-air, are you going to change his b-air?

Is Doc going to be a slow hard hitter and light-weight
(or heavy since "Doctors don't get much exercise)
like Ike?... or are we going the "souped up Mario that is better in almost every way except recovery" path? It just seems like Doc was made to make up for Mario's shortcomings.

His theme "Fever" could vouch for fire... and he had electricity (only one move) in Melee. "Chill" can vouch for ice... HEY his pills are Red, Yellow, and Blue... FIRE LIGHTNING ICE am I right??? ..................sorry still pondering visual changes.

But if you're a doctor, you could pretty much do anything you wanted.

-
Actually, I thought about ice moves. Maybe a sweet spot like Luigi has on his Up Special. I'll have Doc be as balanced as I can get him.

not sure where you got your info, but, here's something I know:

Weight: All three weigh the same. (they actually weigh slightly differently, doc mario is heavier and is therefore, slightly harder to kill than mario)
Wavedash length: (Doc/Mario)same, but Luigi’s is the longest. (again, it might be slightly different)
Running speed: not a noticeable difference(Doc/Mario not sure about Luigi).(doc is most definetely slower than mario when running, not by much, but he certainly is)
Taunt length: Mario’s is obviously the longest (not sure about Doc/Luigi), Luigi's is damaging. (duh)
Luigi is floatier than either of the other two- as a result, he can do two aerials in one short hop without much difficulty.(while this is entirely true about melee, mario has changed to be able to do multiple aerials in one jump as well, luigi is just more floaty. so this does not need to change from mario's default airtime)
Mario's f-air is a meteor smash, Doc and Luigi’s f-air aren't. (this is a major difference for the doc, his f-air could KILL by launching them... but why luigi, who has successfully lost his "mario clone" status by melee is being compared so much, i don't know)
Doc's b-air has somewhat of a downward trajectory, and can be considered a semi-spike. (I don't know about this or not)
Mario’s A,A,A ground attack is faster than Doc’s. Luigi's is comparable to Mario's. (probably true)
Luigi’s D-smash and n-air send the opponent up. (screw luigi, all smashes and n-airs can send people up, just his is perhaps very specifically vertical)
Mario's F-smash is fire and does weak damage if it's only Mario's hand that hits the opponent rather than the fire; Doc's electric glove F-smash doesn't need a sweetspot but thus has less range; Luigi's F-smash also has no sweetspot, but has less range than either of the others. (unsure about sweetspots, but i believe his f-smash does have a smaller hitbox than mario)
Mario can wall jump; Doc and Luigi can't. (yep, couldn't wall jump in melee)
Doc is the oddball in sex kicks; it's stronger the longer it's out. (confirmed, n-air at least)
Doc's cape doesn't help much in recovery. (it helps just as much as mario's)
The pills travel at a lower angle than Mario's fireballs. Luigi's fireballs travel horizontally. Mario's Fireballs go further than vitamins, which go further than Luigi's fireballs. (pills have a very unique path of travel, which does not necessarily mean that they don't go as far as fireballs, the pills travel at an initial lower angle than mario's fireball, but they bounce off of the ground much more than fireballs, and can clearly go just as far before either one dissapears, also, they do do much more damage than fireballs, 8% initially)
The Mario Tornado has hitboxes on the sides of his head at the fist, but the last hit is around his body. The Dr. Tornado has the same hitbox for the 1st hit (the rest are full-body). It also doesn't send him up quite as high and has a random trajectory angle. The Luigi Cyclone hits each character only once during the spinning portion and once at the end, and hits them upward in both cases.(all i'm sure about his tornado is that it launches people in a random trajectory, due to random hitboxes, which is different than mario)
Mario and Dr. Mario's moves have the same amount of frames. Their grabs actually look different, though. (the slowness of doc's attacks are actual illusions, when in reality, most of them are exactly as fast as mario's attacks. only one of his attacks is actually slower than mario's)
Mario's Cape reaches outward more and ends up covering his whole front side and the top. Dr. Mario's Sheet hits a large area in front of him and ends up covering his whole body. (yes, mario's cape and hitbox are more long than high, while doc's is more high than long)
Thanks, I'll have a look at that.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
The Luigi Cyclone hits each character only once during the spinning portion and once at the end, and hits them upward in both cases.(all i'm sure about his tornado is that it launches people in a random trajectory, due to random hitboxes, which is different than mario)
dont forget about Luigi's Schlong hitbox on his down b! You must not forget!

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
My suggestion: Read the topic.
... I did, and I see model swapping as much better because
1. Fireballs don't explode randomly or turn into items.
2. Other characters can't catch fireballs.
3. Fireballs bounce.

I see no reason to generate capsules.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
... I did, and I see model swapping as much better because
1. Fireballs don't explode randomly or turn into items.
2. Other characters can't catch fireballs.
3. Fireballs bounce.

I see no reason to generate capsules.
I can't model swap, my pc doesnt meet the requirements brawlbox needs to view models... or do I even need that?

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I can't model swap, my pc doesnt meet the requirements brawlbox needs to view models... or do I even need that?
Nah, you don't need to be able to view models, just switch them. I could try myself sometime, but I can't guarantee anything, I've never gotten a model swap to fully work.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Nah, you don't need to be able to view models, just switch them. I could try myself sometime, but I can't guarantee anything, I've never gotten a model swap to fully work.
Ohh, okay. Thanks, I'll give it a go then!

brawlscape it to remove the hat from the model...
Wait, you mean when I untick the polygons in Brawlscape and press save, it saves that too?! I never knew that O_O

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Ohh, okay. Thanks, I'll give it a go then!

Wait, you mean when I untick the polygons in Brawlscape and press save, it saves that too?! I never knew that O_O
... no, that's not how stuff works at all. You have to hex to do that, BrawlBox just helps you find some offsets or whatever to help you hex.

Top Bottom