• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Mario PSA [v0.7] Recolors + Melee F-Air + Stock Icons

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Aha, I get ya lol. Do you know what happened to them, by any chance?
Their site got hacked by hacking hackers that hack. Basically, some hacker (not the good type) screwed up their site, and now SS is moving everything they still have to the new site which is currently empty.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Their site got hacked by hacking hackers that hack. Basically, some hacker (not the good type) screwed up their site, and now SS is moving everything they still have to the new site which is currently empty.
Hmm, a haxx0r... well, my money's on Nintendo. They seem to be trying to kill all the hacking sites instead of making the gamecube controller able to navigate a wii menu >_>

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Hmm, a haxx0r... well, my money's on Nintendo. They seem to be trying to kill all the hacking sites instead of making the gamecube controller able to navigate a wii menu >_>
Actually, I don't think they even care about Brawl hacking at all. They care about pirating, which is why they're trying to keep the HBC from being usable. Syntax Error was shutdown by Wordpress because Wordpress was afraid of being sued by Nintendo, when really Nintendo didn't do anything at all.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Actually, I don't think they even care about Brawl hacking at all. They care about pirating, which is why they're trying to keep the HBC from being usable. Syntax Error was shutdown by Wordpress because Wordpress was afraid of being sued by Nintendo, when really Nintendo didn't do anything at all.
Really? Wow. Well, pirating is worth going through the trouble, pirating=less money... but I still don't think they should shun good potential updates. Hell, it would make the pirates want to update (maybe). It would have a better chance anyway... Anyways, ]EE[, THAT's what happened? Hmm... I wonder if Pako had any beta designs that never were released.

Well, could you be a pal and mediafire it for me?
Sure!
EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2ff3d705a09a3c85bda4076e811714c8821998ef96c2bda8f1940a51b339e393

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Really? Wow. Well, pirating is worth going through the trouble, pirating=less money... but I still don't think they should shun good potential updates. Hell, it would make the pirates want to update (maybe). It would have a better chance anyway... Anyways, ]EE[, THAT's what happened? Hmm... I wonder if Pako had any beta designs that never were released.

Sure!
EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2ff3d705a09a3c85bda4076e811714c8821998ef96c2bda8f1940a51b339e393
If you send me the latest (not the latest released, but the one on your computer) version of Dr. Mario, I can see what I can do with the fire ball pill. But you'd have to restore his old neutral B first. Only if you feel like it, though.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
If you send me the latest (not the latest released, but the one on your computer) version of Dr. Mario, I can see what I can do with the fire ball pill. But you'd have to restore his old neutral B first. Only if you feel like it, though.
Yeah, I tried the thing Eldiran gave me and nothing changed :( The file actually is the latest build... I haven't worked on it at all since then haha. But, I did update the OP with a few things, like a CSP and a D/L to the texture.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Bump, Stuff2o, did you D/L the file yet? Or did you nt find my mediafire link? its in the OP. Oh, and for anyone who doesn't know, I posted the texture D/L.

EDIT: Can someone help me edit the bones of Luigi's D-Air please? It looks weird when I try it, as stated earlier. In the meantime, I'm updating the OP with a new build! Its got Luigi's D-Air, but I don't know if the hitbox has changed, I'm still fairly new to PSA. If it hasn't, I'll get on it tomorrow. Please do test it, someone :) It'll be up in a few minutes. The only files changed are the MotionEtc.pac, which is/ will be avaliable in a new place on the OP

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Bump, Stuff2o, did you D/L the file yet? Or did you nt find my mediafire link? its in the OP. Oh, and for anyone who doesn't know, I posted the texture D/L.

EDIT: Can someone help me edit the bones of Luigi's D-Air please? It looks weird when I try it, as stated earlier. In the meantime, I'm updating the OP with a new build! Its got Luigi's D-Air, but I don't know if the hitbox has changed, I'm still fairly new to PSA. If it hasn't, I'll get on it tomorrow. Please do test it, someone :) It'll be up in a few minutes. The only files changed are the MotionEtc.pac, which is/ will be avaliable in a new place on the OP
One question, does that version have his default Neutral B, or the one that you showed in the OP?

If it's his default Neutral B, I'll see what I can do in BrawlBox. It shouldn't be too hard, considering that I've already seen his fireballs be replaced with 16-bit tanks.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
You could make him throw it. Open Mariomotionetc.pac and find the TextureData[0].brres and ModelData[0].brres inside of it. That would be his FireBallz, Nao open Common3.pac in a new window. look inside the folder with all the items textures and models. Find the Folder called "ItmCapsuleBrres". that has all the items stuff. nao export the TextureData[0] and ModelData[0] Brres files. and in the window you opened the mariomotionetc.pac replace the fireball texturedata[0] with the Capsules textureData[0]. And do the same for the ModelData[0]. AND BOOM! Mario's nao a Pill thrower.

When i say Window, i mean BrawlBox.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
You could make him throw it. Open Mariomotionetc.pac and find the TextureData[0].brres and ModelData[0].brres inside of it. That would be his FireBallz, Nao open Common3.pac in a new window. look inside the folder with all the items textures and models. Find the Folder called "ItmCapsuleBrres". that has all the items stuff. nao export the TextureData[0] and ModelData[0] Brres files. and in the window you opened the mariomotionetc.pac replace the fireball texturedata[0] with the Capsules textureData[0]. And do the same for the ModelData[0]. AND BOOM! Mario's nao a Pill thrower.

That's what I'm gonna do.

Eldiran

Smash Lord

That should be exactly what the MotionEtc file I gave Onik4ge is... except it also animates the pill to spin. I did that by renaming the fireball's animation bone to refer to the pill's bone.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Shouldn't somebody try hexing his hat out of existence? Just for the Dr. Mario texture. I don't want to use the code in the OP, because it affects other characters, too. For example, I'd like Peach to be modest when I use Dr. Mario.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Cant someone use their BrawlBox Magic to delete the polygon for his hat? Or can someone make his hat invisible?

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Cant someone use their BrawlBox Magic to delete the polygon for his hat? Or can someone make his hat invisible?
That's what I said. But remember that BrawlBox doesn't delete his hat, it just tells you the offset for the model. It's the hex editor that removes the hat.

EDIT: I tried Eldiran's MotionEtc.pac (I'm assuming it's the one in the OP), and I used Mario+ to test the fireball. There's no pill, it's just a normal fireball.

Using my new knowledge in removing model parts, I fashioned together a Mario .pac that doesn't have a hat, nor the hats shadow. You can texture hack over this .pac to make any Mario texture that will not have a hat. Just give it a preview in Brawlscape!

http://www.mediafire.com/?muymv3wotyw

Edit: Scratch that. Looks fine in Brawlscape, cuts out half his frigging head-in game. Gayyyyy[/IMG]

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Wow, no one has a video of this yet? That should totally be a requirement to post a PSA character thread: at least one current video at all times. :p

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
wow, Im rally sorry you guys, the electric company cut our power yesterday so I wasnt able to do anything on my pc (including not doing my homework...) so, to answer some questions:

No, aha, actually, that is not the one with NeuB because I... kind of lost the original Mario.pac xD sorry!

I wish I could have a vid, and I could actually, but it would be awful quality. I dont have a capture card...

Oh, really? Wow lol I was pretty much lost on how to do that, so thanks ^_^ Can someone who has the fitmario do that (probably stuff2o since he seems like he knows what hes doing lol)?

Oh and I saw someone tried to take out his hat, but it didnt work in-game? :sad face:

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DKRE2KRW

contains white cape as well

the fireball model doesn't rotate, so the pill stays upright. it also has the fire effect. and the top of the capsule might be diminished to invisible, so it just looks like a pill.

pill texture by RoyMaster4
wow thanks a ton man, seriously. AWESOME. but, by fire effect, do you mean the collision still has fire? (like when the enemy is hit, hes burned?)

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
the capsule is still a fireball, it has a fire graphic effect which could probably be deleted, but it still does fire damage upon hitting.

the fireball throw or the pill itself might let us PSA out the fire damage, let it spin, and cause it to bounce differently

we might just be able to shrink the top of the capsule, and it would look just as good

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
ohh I see. okay. well, I think it may require hexing to take out the fire dmg, but I really dont know how Id make the pill spin... and yeah I can easily get rid of the fire effect. but that looks really good, thanks! I think I'm going to make an update with it :3 I'd like to test it myself as well, and I would this second, but my stupid VCR wont work correctly since our power went out yesterday... and my wii feeds off of it for connection to the tv. I could move it down stairs temporarily, but... still :/

oh, and would you mind telling me where that melee doc texture is from? thats what I was using originally, and I had it on another SD Card, but now its kinda, y'know, gone, because my pc formatted the other sd card >_> no progress was lost or anything, just the melee doc texture. so if you could tell me where to get it, or anyone who knows really, Id appreciate it.

also, would anybody like to volunteer on making a model? we COULD use melee's model, but I havent the slightest clue how to rig it, etc...

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
1. model hacking (replacement) cannot be accomplished yet, only brawl model swapping so far, but yeah, we could eventually just put doctor mario in the game.

2. the texture is pako's (I believe) doctor mario, the doc's melee texture rip can be found here http://spriters-resource.com/other_systems/ssbm/sheet/1597 you can download pako's texture here: http://www.mediafire.com/?rqqmz5rurki

I've tried seeing if I could make a more OCD exact doctor mario than pako's, but his texture is so good that I haven't bothered the slight improvements, since eventually we can model hack him, and the most major change I would make would be an extension of his coat texture onto his pants, so that it would be as long as the docs...

3. I think that we could make the flame texture transparent, but it might be a general flame texture and may affect other flames in the game, in which case, we could just delete/invisibly shrink the flames to be unnoticeable

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
1. model hacking (replacement) cannot be accomplished yet, only brawl model swapping so far, but yeah, we could eventually just put doctor mario in the game.

2. the texture is pako's (I believe) doctor mario, the doc's melee texture rip can be found here http://spriters-resource.com/other_systems/ssbm/sheet/1597 you can download pako's texture here: http://www.mediafire.com/?rqqmz5rurki

I've tried seeing if I could make a more OCD exact doctor mario than pako's, but his texture is so good that I haven't bothered the slight improvements, since eventually we can model hack him, and the most major change I would make would be an extension of his coat texture onto his pants, so that it would be as long as the docs...

3. I think that we could make the flame texture transparent, but it might be a general flame texture and may affect other flames in the game, in which case, we could just delete/invisibly shrink the flames to be unnoticeable
yeah, i hope pharrox gives us a good word soon...

thanks, I wanted it as an alt. costume. I wouldnt bother trying to revamp it, yeah, because then with my luck the model importer would come out right when I finished...

good point, it might affect other characters... I guess Ill just try both methods.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Does anyone have a good idea for an official stage for him? I was thinking something like that online wiiware game. anyone? and which stage do you think it should be on? or we could just make a custom stage, but It'd have to be for the secret base type background...

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
why do we need a stage for him? we just need to restore his original moveset

any other stuff can be done by texture hackers as dr. mario themed.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
why do we need a stage for him? we just need to restore his original moveset

any other stuff can be done by texture hackers as dr. mario themed.
I know, but I was thinking besides pictochat (I guess) nothing really fits him. I thought it'd be a cool thing to do. Besides, it seems like every character has a fitting stage for them. Except maybe Bowser... Even Olimar and Pit have their own stages, and they only have one character from their entire series' in the game. All the melee characters would even have their own stages:

Mewtwo- Pkmn Stadium (Spear Pillar?)

Roy- Castle Seige

Pichu- Pkmn Stadium

YLink- Temple

Doc- Delfino I guess, no ther stage really fits... even in melee :/

They just kind of squeezed in his theme on Mushroom Kingdom I, and in brawl didnt they put it in pictochat?

Its not really a necessity, but it would be cool.

EDIT: Is everyone cool with me making that flaming capsule an official build?

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
the capsule is not part of a "build" it's an addition, to the moveset, until someone edits the attributes of mario's fireball throw.

but it's good to include it into a rar package with the PSA as well

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
the capsule is not part of a "build" it's an addition, to the moveset, until someone edits the attributes of mario's fireball throw.

but it's good to include it into a rar package with the PSA as well
yeah I know, but I think its time to update with SOMETHING now. But before I do, I'm going to see why he goes into freefall on his Down Special...

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
No Lighting Down-b Attack, Just Doctor Mario's Original Moveset
Well, that's what I was thinking, but if he's gonna be in Brawl as a non-clone, he's gonna need to differentiate from Mario... and I thought it fit him this way. After all, his element IS electricity... (see F-Smash) Not that I want to completely change him. But think of the Roy project. They're making Roy even better than he was in melee. I don't want Doc to be better than Mario in nearly every aspect- see Melee.
You need some help with this project? I definitely could if you like.
sure, all help is appreciated!

BurningCharizard

Smash Cadet
I like the idea of elements, but they should only be for the pills (if there's a way to add the six color variants of the pills and apply the elements to them). Red-Red = fire, Blue-Blue = ice, Yellow-Yellow = electric, and half of each for the two-colored pills. And the electricity for the FSmash.

As for his other moves:
-move the Tornado to Down B and randomize it like it was in Melee
-give him a more stomp-like Dair instead of a spinning kick
-make some of his moves slightly faster and slower than Mario's in terms of start-up and cooldown

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I like the idea of elements, but they should only be for the pills (if there's a way to add the six color variants of the pills and apply the elements to them). Red-Red = fire, Blue-Blue = ice, Yellow-Yellow = electric, and half of each for the two-colored pills. And the electricity for the FSmash.

As for his other moves:
-move the Tornado to Down B and randomize it like it was in Melee
-give him a more stomp-like Dair instead of a spinning kick
-make some of his moves slightly faster and slower than Mario's in terms of start-up and cooldown
elements? hmm... yeah, I can see that working. But I don't know how I'd do that... the tornado is the down B, theres a pic in the OP. What do you mean by randomize it? I thought I had done that with the D-air? Unless you only saw the pictures? And I'll see what I can do about the frame rate. Thanks for your input :)

Well, no one has said anything about making the flaming pills official yet, and its been a few hours (right?) but I like it, so I'll update with it, as well as an attempted Down Special free-fall fix...

Sure! Here's the file: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jmnyrwj2mdz
Just place that in the mario folder where the moveset goes and rename it FitMarioMotionEtc.pac.

I'll teach you what little I know if you'd like -- most of my progress is random guessing :p

Anyway, I'd very much like the Doc texture, if you could provide a download for that. I'd like to see if I can remove the hat and make the codes unnecessary. (Can't promise anything though!)

I actually had tested that a while back, and nothing changed, it was just a normal fireball :(

Has anyone tried the latest build so far? does D-Air work correctly? I really need to know so that I can update the OP.

Top Bottom