• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*CATS4PEACE* CIRCUIT EVENT January 9, 2010, Oshkosh WI

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Hey everyone I'm hosting a melee only tournament for Bunbun's circuit :) I may have referred to it previously as "notebook til dawn" but cat activism is much more important. Here's the info:

CATS FOR PEACE! Saturday, January 9th
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Reeve Union
800 Algoma Blvd Titan Underground
Oshkosh, WI 54956

Schedule
9 am: Room opens, registration/setup starts.
11 am: Teams pools starts
3 pm: Teams ends
4 pm: Singles pools starts
9 pm: Singles ends

Costs
$15 Singles
$20 Per team
$5 venue fee (includes free drinks). FREE IF YOU BRING A SETUP

Circuit Rules

- First round pools are seeded primarily by circuit points.
- Items: Off
- 4 stock, 8-minute timer
- Best out of 3, with finals best out of 5
- Advanced Slob Picks (after each game of a set):
1. Loser picks stage or can randomly select a stage
2. Winner picks character
3. Loser picks character
-Double-blind picks may be called at any time.
-Dave's Stupid Rule: You may not pick the last stage where you won in the same set.
- Stage Knock-outs: Each person knocks out one stage for the entire match (i.e., the entire best 2-out-of-3 or best 3-out-of-5). This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
-Team Attack: On
-Life-Stealing: Allowed
-Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
-Wobbling is banned

Proposed Stagelist (pending Bunbun approval)
Neutrals 1v1:
FD | Yoshis | Dreamland | Battlefield | Fountain of Dreams

Counterpicks 1v1:
Kongo Jungle | Brinstar | Rainbow Cruise | Pokemon Stadium

Neutrals 2v2:
FD | Yoshis | Dreamland | Battlefield | Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:
Kongo Jungle | Brinstar | Rainbow Cruise

This is the same stagelist as Pound4. It supports Stage Striking and fits under Bunbun's guidelines for stagelists. I want to use it to give MW some familiarity to the Pound4 stagelist before we all go, and also cause I think it's really fair :)

Setups
1. eighteenspikes
2. Wafles
3. Tempest
4. James Sparrow
5. dassboot
6. zack152hotstuff
7. zack152hotstuff
8. SuperMatt
9. Quaz
10. Quaz
11. Shibbypod

Attendance
1. eighteenspikes
2. Wafles :falco:
3. Tink
4. Madwak
5. Cosmo
6. Mundungu
7. Bil
8. James Sparrow
9. Big R
10. Tempset
11. Zicore
12. LoneJedi
13. DeliciousDingo
14. Dmac
15. Quaz
16. Sveet
17. Chexr
18. Aarosmashguy
19. Ulti
20. Moe
21. Nappy
22. DendyPretendy
23. D. Disciple
24. Seanthedonconsidine
25. Zeus
26. Vinodh
27. dassboot
28. John9blue
29. Seanson
30. Ocho
31. Yoshii
32. zack152hotstuff
33. Ray Chun
34. Rat
35. a lot of people jeeeze just read the thread!!

This is the same venue we had for FBT4 FBT3 (Click for pic)and it is HUGE, we can get a ton of people/setups in here so all it takes is for people to show up!! :lick:

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I'm coming with a recording setup and hopefully a bunch of madison people.

Are you sure cats are more important than the notebook?

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
well we cant really have the venue "til dawn" so i really want to concentrate on peaceful cats. but The Notebook is still a priority and i really hope sago can still bring a Notebook setup.

MaDWaK

Smash Journeyman
nicee. I'm definitely going fosho. im like 1.5 hours south of the venue so anyone south of me (racine, kenosha,IL) wants some housing just hit me up.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
tink we're gonna have a rematch, altho this time ill have 1st seed so we wont play til finals :cool:
just wanna add that madwaks house is SICK. someone take that up

Big_R

Smash Champion
wow i may come if a gorgeous certified 20 licks my *** lets me put it in her ***, then swallows.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
i'm coming :]

MN VS WI 4? i wanna be apart of it :]

falcon ffa's on YS are a must.

spieks <3

sago lets play friendlies, your cute.

Big_R

Smash Champion
yea... i was just sharing earlier...

now about attending this thing? if it gets to 110 plus i would go. lol shiz is 9 hrs!

dmac

Smash Champion
ugh brutal 10 hours, im getting too old for this ****. but you guys have made it to all ours so we need to man up. i'll talk to the dudes

Vinodh

Smash Apprentice
lawl i have a final the day after this, so i don't think i can go...

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
isn't this the same day as LoLiS MI circuit championship? I was going to go to that, and i think a lot of the bigger melee names were going to be there (m2k, drephen, MI people obviously, vidjo, probably kels and tink).

Quaz

Smash Master
lawl i have a final the day after this, so i don't think i can go...
how the **** does someone have a final on a sunday?

I guess I'll go but im not entering anything unless you people beg. And if you get me to do anything you're gonna have to deal with super pissed off quaz when he loses.

Zicore

Smash Champion
yea... i was just sharing earlier...

now about attending this thing? if it gets to 110 plus i would go. lol shiz is 9 hrs!
we came down to the circuit event in ohio last time, at least return the favor

Vinodh

Smash Apprentice
how the **** does someone have a final on a sunday?

I guess I'll go but im not entering anything unless you people beg. And if you get me to do anything you're gonna have to deal with super pissed off quaz when he loses.
I'm not sure it's the corret date, but right now that's what it says

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
isn't this the same day as LoLiS MI circuit championship? I was going to go to that, and i think a lot of the bigger melee names were going to be there (m2k, drephen, MI people obviously, vidjo, probably kels and tink).
well ****. If I knew that was the case I wouldn't have picked this date. But there was no schedule I could have checked 2 weeks ago when I picked this date.

Anyways I would really prefer not to split attendance with a circuit that demands attendance at the risk of losing circuit money, but my options are limited. 12/12 is BigC's tourney and 12/26 and 1/2 are holidays. Really the only option for moving it is to 1/9, the week before Pound. Then there's more time for everyone to ask off/save money/arrange rides whatever, and there's no conflict with anyone's exams or circuit events.

I'm going to switch the date to 1/9 tomorrow unless there's some other ridiculous conflict.

Wafles

Smash Lord
I'm kinda bummed about the date change, as a december melee tourney would've been nice, but January gives me more time to practice.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
ok the date is 1/9 and the venue is now the Titan Underground, which is about 400 square feet larger than the old room. it also comes with a bunch of flatscreen tv's so depending on the lag on them, some people can just bring in cubes/wii's and still be a setup

Quaz

Smash Master
do you have like a huge speaker setup or anything? I thought of this weird idea for crews that might be sorta cool.

As each person is sent in they get to pick a song they want to listen to while playing their match, and the song ends when one of the players is taken out. Its something to think about even though I bet half of the people would probably just pick songs that annoy the **** out of everyone (which could be an amazing strategy anyways if there is some random person that cant play while listening to their least favorite song lmao).

Top Bottom