• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Presents: Sector B Ed. 2, @ Ultimate Gaming Zone, 12/12/09, Gaithersburg, MD

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Hey everybody,

We've got another Ultimate Gaming Zone tournament here. I'll be helping with the TO duties, and the venue will be handling registration as we've done in the past.

This is a great venue! It's in the Lake Forest mall in Gaithersburg. It's pretty spacious, so we have plenty of room for setups. Please bring yours!

LakeForest Mall
701 Russell Ave
Gaithersburg MD, 20877

It's located on the first floor located on the lower level next to lord and taylor.

Schedule:

Doors are open when the mall is, around 10am
Registration will be open until 12pm, from there we'll seed brackets and then hold the tournament. Please get lunch before we begin.
Teams will come first, then singles. THERE WILL BE A $5 LATE FEE IF YOU REGISTER AFTER 12 PM. Don't show up late.

Entry:

$10 Singles
$10 Doubles
$10 Venue

Teams Payouts:

1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

Singles Payouts:

1st 55%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%
4th 5%
The standard rules:

-3 Stock
-8 Minute Time Limit
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab, Marth on Ness grab-release, etc
-Ice climber infinites are LEGAL up to 250%
-Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock): If a suicide move ends a match, the match will be reset with 1 stock each to both players on the same level. Time limit will be set to 3 minutes. Both players technically died at the same time, and that is why the match was a draw. Play out the one stock, and the winner wins that match.
-Players using a Wii-mote to play must take their batteries out when not playing. We can't be having wii's be interrupted because someone made a mistake. I will be enforcing this heavily, and there will be penalties if people do not obey.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. 1st Stage will be chosen at random unless agreed upon by both players. Each Player will be provided one Random Reset, with the lower-seeded Player given the option to use their reset first.**
3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
4. The winner of the previous match may announce their Stage Ban selection
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
**If neither Player has chosen to use their Random Reset within 3 seconds of the match starting, the match must be played out on the stage generated.

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville

Counterpick Stages:
-Yoshis Island
-Lylat Cruise
-Delfino Plaza
-Frigate Orpheon
-Halberd
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium 1
-Castle Siege

Additional Rules for Doubles Play:
-Life Stealing is allowed
-Team attack will be set to ON
-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is playing Lucario, Sonic, or Pokemon Trainer, either team can request for them to be Blue Team and the opponents must abide. If both teams have one of the characters, they must work it out between them.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I'm gonna be drained til Pound, wish I could make this =/

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Conveniently I am taking off work this weekend to go to my grandmas. Maybe I could go to this as well.....

How far is Pikesville from Gaithersburg?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
funny how the first 10 post have almost nothing to do with confirming you are going

anyway

I will go if somebody knows how to fix my stream problem because I probably won't even enter this tourney I Quit Falco because i wanted to main pokemon trainer but now im jus tired of losing because i dont kno how to use ivysaur + barely know how to use charizard and im not tryna go back to falco because hes still just as boring (used him vs deez...he was still boring) </rant>

Still the best squirtle in this region...lol....well MD/VA atleast (not sure how good reflex squirtle is)

anyway this is the stream problem

I Sold my old laptop (the one with XP on it that i have been using to stream) and i figured out how to get the dazzle to work on windows vista 64-bit....and i can record replays and all that stuff but when i try to stream using ustream or justintv it like streams in widescreen...like the stream only captures the middle part of the screen totally disregarding the edges....so if anyone knows how to fix that (NAMELY YOU BIO!!! or Tant) it would be greatly appreciated

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I Sold my old laptop (the one with XP on it that i have been using to stream) and i figured out how to get the dazzle to work on windows vista 64-bit....and i can record replays and all that stuff but when i try to stream using ustream or justintv it like streams in widescreen...like the stream only captures the middle part of the screen totally disregarding the edges....so if anyone knows how to fix that (NAMELY YOU BIO!!! or Tant) it would be greatly appreciated[/color]
I have the EXACT same problem. I don't have a Dazzle though, I have a TV Wonder. I thought it was because it's designed for HD, but if you're having the same problem with a Dazzle, it must be a problem with the livestream sites (I've tried ustream, justin.tv and livestream.com, no differences). I've tried researching the problem but I can't find anything on it.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Actually tko might be on to something. Brett, do you gave 64bit vista?

The software for most of that stuff is written for 32 bit OS. When 64 bit tries to run 32 bit software, it has to emulate it, and my guess is it is not emulating properly

That's why my vista doesn't have issues with this, mine is 32 bit

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Hmmm...

I'll think about it a little bit more and let you guys know. 64 bit VS 32 bit is not the issue...

What versions of Vista do you have (Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate)?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
My Boss just scheduled me to work next weekend, so there is now 0 chance of me coming to this

Deez/Sin- Hit me up on AIM later tonight

Other People- If you think you can TO this tourney, feel free to PM me/hit me up on AIM, there won't be any benefit to you except maybe a discounted venue.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I have something I can't get out of on Saturday, so you'll have to find another ride.

If I was free this weekend, I'd be going to Celadon City.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
So i've come up with a team of suitable replacements since I can't run this tournament.

Neat huh? I'll still continue to support this event, it's pretty awesome. You guys got this!

ChuDat

Smash Master
So i've come up with a team of suitable replacements since I can't run this tournament.

Neat huh? I'll still continue to support this event, it's pretty awesome. You guys got this!
I'll be helping with the bracket. I have a feeling you chose some combination of EE and Hat. If need be, I'll be able to help out with the "TO'ing".

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
No, you won't chu, sorry, I've already picked a team that Deez and I agree on. You don't need to do anything, just enjoy the tournament.

ChuDat

Smash Master
No, you won't chu, sorry, I've already picked a team that Deez and I agree on. You don't need to do anything, just enjoy the tournament.
D@mn. I'm just trying to be helpful.

Don't know why you wouldn't want me to help out with the bracket since I'm not the one who created the horrendous bracket last tournament LOLZ.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Ok, this is completely not necessary

If you want to bash my brackets that i posted in advance before the tournament, do it in a pm

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
i maybe going to this tourney lol

KageMurphy

Smash Master
D@mn. I'm just trying to be helpful.

Don't know why you wouldn't want me to help out with the bracket since I'm not the one who created the horrendous bracket last tournament LOLZ.
Lol @ you... get off his nuts just cause you want a free ride to Grand finals. LOLZ JUST KIDDING MANGZ
i maybe going to this tourney lol
OH **** SON IT JUST GOT SERIOUS UP IN THIS *****~!

g-regulate

Smash Hero
rofl @ people whining about tants brackets. i mean seriously, NL complained about being on the same HALF bracket as M2K. step it up whiners

NightZander

Smash Apprentice
Anyone want to sell me a black controller for this? ): Couldn't go to Mythic to get one.. oh well. Norfair was legal and items could be set to normal..? All the pros were definitely there.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Anyone want to sell me a black controller for this? ): Couldn't go to Mythic to get one.. oh well. Norfair was legal and items could be set to normal..? All the pros were definitely there.
I have a black n silver one I'd sell you for 10

NightZander

Smash Apprentice
Sure. Sounds boss. But can you take out the rumble pack, if you have the tools to do so? I'll add another five dollars if so.

Top Bottom