• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicken & Biscuits, TOURNEY LOCATION CHANGED, SORRY (PRICHARD, AL) Jan 23rd 2010

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Whats up, the first one was fun so we had to do it again.

When: Januray 23rd 2010(of course)
Time: Doors open at 10:00 tourney starts at 11:00am
Where: 621 WILLJOHN AVE 36610 PRICHARD,AL. SORRY ABOUT THIS
THIS IS MY NUMBER 251-477-1264, GIVE ME A CALL IF YOU GET LOST.

The pot will be split 60,30,10

Melee is first, it won't take as long as brawl

Door fee: $5
Melee singles: $10
Melee teams: $20(10 dollars per team mate)

Brawl singles $10
Brawl teams $20(10 dollars per team mate)

Mostly likely there will be pizza and soda again.

Here's the rules

Melee Rules
* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* Wobbling is banned.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stage List
Neutrals:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)

Counterpicks:
- Pokefloats
- Jungle Japes
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Mute City
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Corneria

Banned:
everything else

Brawl Rules

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage will be determined through stage striking from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned
*King Dedede is allowed ONE standing re-grab on Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Samus, and Bowser King Dedede's Standing Infinite is banned.
* Japanese Ledge Rule is in effect. More than 35 ledge grabs and you lose the match.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Neutral:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Couterpicks:
Brinstar
Delfino
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Lylat Cruise

Banned:
everything else

To make this go by as quickly and as smoothy as possible we need t.v's, wii's, cubes, powerstrips and copies of brawl and melee. It will be greatly appriciated if you brought this things to help out the tourney process.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Can't promise anything, but I'll see.
Vestavia/Hoover needs a carpool

Ruse

Fox
You have the best Brawl CP list ever.

I'm coming. Probably bring a full set-up and some PCola lovin' (Holy, Manko, etc.).

Ruse

Fox
Only if we win and you teach me how to beat everyone (didn't you FAir or something?).

I haven't played anything but 64 since this tournament.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
WHAT!!!!! Just play brawl a week before the tourney and we'll be fine. I f air'd cause i didn't know what else to do. But thats not the case with you and thats why i neeed you to team with me, to give me some tips.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Lol thats funny...So stuff went down and i may be moving back to pcola in January..Not sure yet i may go ahead and stay here in GA but if i dont then im gonna be here

gert11

Smash Rookie
i've been wanting to get back into smash bros. (haven't played in a tournament since melee) , and that was awhile ago. whats the general turn out for these, and is it mostly just college guys.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
well the tournout out for melee was like 15, and most of those guys were from out of town. The turnout for brawl was like 20 something and most of the smashers were from out of town. There were a few locals, but not many. But, the turnout overall was decent. But it can get better with this one i hope.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Ok, I'm gonna try and get my game up, If i get better because i need major improvments. I thinks we can take it if i get better by then.

Nexas

Smash Rookie
gonna try and make it to this, looks like it could be quite interesting

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
My girlfriend is out of town all week too so we can smash at my place no problem.

I work 4am to about 2pm so anytime after that is good.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I live in Argo Hall at UWF. The campus is practically deserted now, so the parking lot is empty.

We can set up both Melee and Brawl (and 64 for Ruse, wtf?) since I have multiple TVs and two each of cubes & Wiis.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I get home around 2pm so any time afterward is good. Maybe 3 or 4?

Since I get up at 3am we should probably end by about 10pm.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Thats fine, i should be gone before then. I'm going to the club that nite, so i might leave bout 7:30 - 8:00.

Ruse

Fox
I am down for Saturday or any other day after tomorrow (Friday).

All I'm doing this weekend/next week is moving crap and taking it easy.

Also, who is MANKOSUKI?????????

Top Bottom