• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ohio Circuit Championship: Delta Upsilon I (Dec 5) - FULL RESULTS POSTED!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

Columbus, Ohio
December 5th, 2009

AllisBrawl Results (Pools, Doubles & Singles Bracket)

33 Entants for Singles
1: (4)Infern (Snake) - $148
2: (2)AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) - $69
3: (3)Y.b.M. (Kirby) - $43
4: (5)KB - (Peach) - $25
5: Capem - (Meta Knight) - $12
5: (1)Blue Rogue - (Wario) - $12
7: Z - (Meta Knight)
7: Smash64 - (Snake/Ness)
9: Beegs - (Marth)
9: Pops -
9: (7)Fonz - (Lucario)
9: (6)Nope - (Snake)
13: Fizzle -
13: Champ - (Falco/Ice Climbers)
13: King - (Pikachu)
13: ParanormalSin - (Olimar/Toon Link)
17: Baro - (Ice Climbers)
17: Smashglov -
17: Mr. E - (R.O.B.)
17: T-800 - (Meta Knight)
17: Wakka - (Diddy Kong)
17: DJIskascribbles - (Meta Knight)
17: (8)Lou - (Game & Watch)
17: Quivo - (Toon Link)
25: Suyon - (Pit)
25: Today - (Game & Watch)
25: SoulCaliber -
25: SneakyTako - (R.O.B.)
25: TheKiest - (Kirby)
25: Hunky -
25: Clowsui - (Falco/Marth)
25: Jiffy -
33: SoulPech -

12 Entrants for Doubles
1: AlphaZealot & Blue Rogue - $126
2: Nope & Quivo - $69
3: Infern & Smash64 - $35
4: T-800 & Pops
5: Capem & Fonz
5: Y.b.M. & Lou
7: KB & Beegs
7: SneakyTako & Z
9: DJIskascribbles & Champ
9: SoulPech & Juu
9: Mr.E & SoleCaliber
9: TheKiest & Hunky

-Today won the Banner Contest and received $10 free entry for Singles.
-Blue Rogue won the Obstacle Course Contest and received a $10 gift card to Subway.
-T-800 and Pops won the Amateur Doubles Contest and received $10.

Get those shoutouts up! I hope everyone had fun!

FIND THE FINAL SEASON I RANKINGS OF THE OHIO CIRCUIT BY CLICKING HERE!

Top 10 in Singles
1. Blue Rogue (Wario) - 109 Points
2. Mew2King (Meta Knight)- 96 Points
3. Lain (Ice Climbers) - 91 Points
4. AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) - 81 Points
5. Y.b.M. (Kirby) - 67 Points
6. Judge (Meta Knight) - 57 Points
7. Infern Angelis (Snake) - 54 Points
8. Kel (Meta Knight) - 52 Points
9. Anther (Pikachu) - 33 Points
9. KB (Peach) - 33 Points

Top 10 in Teams
1. Blue Rogue - 145 Points
2. AlphaZealot - 116 Points
3. Kel - 98 Points
4. Mew2King - 96 Points
5. Argent - 75 Points
6. Smash64 - 73 Points
7. Overswarm - 70 Points
8. Judge - 68 Points
9. Infern Angelis - 67 Points
10. Nope - 65 Points

Suyon

Smash Lord
Last again in brackets. YES. How long will this continue? What will be my next tournent gay death that I recieve in every tournent I go to be?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Actually you didn't get last. That honor is reserved for SoulPech, who was a trooper and went through the 4 person pool and was the only person eliminated before brackets. Good **** Soulpech for being a good sport btw, sorry you had to be eliminated before brackets but unfortunately with 33 people and a 32 man bracket...

Suyon, it was good to have you, I hope you keep playing Smash, I think maybe a new character may improve your odds? If you wanna learn Diddy just let me know and I'll get you jump started.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
i had a ton of fun, ill try to be there next weekend for wings and brew.
you went?
I almost called you today to hang out when i got home.

Im so sad that i missed this, upsets galore! though i did have a fun weekend otherwise.
good **** Infern! and the rest of top 6, im impressed.

cant wait to see the bracket.. heh.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
im sad at myself for doing poorly, on the other hand, everyone has bad days plus i had alot of fun so i dont really care this time around. ggs all shoutouts later

Suyon

Smash Lord
I said Brackets AZ. But in reality I will have a good time at tournaments if I DON'T enter the tournament itself. Everything just makes me discouraged now. I mean ******** deaths....I get one in each tournament.
I try playing other characters. I just can't play any of them....everyone just tells me to stick Pit or when I do play others and use them they all flame me which annoys me. So I stop trying the others. It's also even worse when people tell you that you're bad with that character. So I have no choice but to stay with Pit....so whatever.....Also for Diddy....I can't use him....I keep forgetting he has bananas <.<;;

Lolis may be my last tournament. After that...I dunno...friendlies only at tournaments? I may only do doubles since I like doubles but seeing that list today there and not really practicing with anyone is just iffy so meh.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'm proud of what I've done today, and thanks NEOH/Beegs/everyone for cheering me on. Also congrats to Infern for winning first.

I'll post shoutouts when full results are posted. :)

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
I saw some good matches and I was happy to get to play some better players. IMO, I think King Yoshi should've won his his match against Smash 64 if it wasn't for the power outage.

clowsui

Smash Legend
If I had played it a little more patient, I could made it MUCH harder for KB to take 4th x___x

Good stuff though...I lost 0-2 in bracket again but all my matches at the tournament (even friendlies) were ridiculously close (except for when I played MKs, lol...I just dunno what to do as Falco or Marth).

Also Sole beat me hard in our MM LMAO I did the same **** and I didn't adapt. He even taunted after every dsmash! He also hit me with a dsmash 7 times in a row because I phantasm'd into it 7 times in a row, and he did the same when I played marth game 1 and kept airdodging behind him and not adapting. Thanks for humbling me, Sole. You got better, and you definitely deserved the win this time. Just proves that it's easy to beat someone when they're predictable.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
I saw some good matches and I was happy to get to play some better players. IMO, I think King Yoshi should've won his his match against Smash 64 if it wasn't for the power outage.
Even if that was the case, Ed would have still won. Because if they gave first game to King Yoshi, then the two games after that would have been the second and the third. And Ed won the two games. So King Yoshi would have won first, Ed would have won second and third therefore Ed still won the set. But I do agree!! But that really wouldn't effect the outcome.

Anyhow, good job everyone~!! I hope you guys had fun! And good job to Anthony and King Beef!! I'm really happy for the both of you!

solecalibur

Smash Master
If I had played it a little more patient, I could made it MUCH harder for KB to take 4th x___x

Good stuff though...I lost 0-2 in bracket again but all my matches at the tournament (even friendlies) were ridiculously close (except for when I played MKs, lol...I just dunno what to do as Falco or Marth).

Also Sole beat me hard in our MM LMAO I did the same **** and I didn't adapt. He even taunted after every dsmash! He also hit me with a dsmash 7 times in a row because I phantasm'd into it 7 times in a row, and he did the same when I played marth game 1 and kept airdodging behind him and not adapting. Thanks for humbling me, Sole. You got better, and you definitely deserved the win this time. Just proves that it's easy to beat someone when they're predictable.
Ya but I feel like a **** doing it

clowsui

Smash Legend
well you taught me something =P so at least feel good in that sense, that you were able to make someone else better.

when will those vids be up? XD

Baro

Smash Journeyman
I was winning during the power outage, then I lost on the redo.

Feels bad, man.

solecalibur

Smash Master
well you taught me something =P so at least feel good in that sense, that you were able to make someone else better.

when will those vids be up? XD
Unless there is a special request the first week of January my parents Wifi sucks so when I get to OU , I'll upload them and I didnt record grand finals I recorded a teir list MM

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
you went?
I almost called you today to hang out when i got home.

Im so sad that i missed this, upsets galore! though i did have a fun weekend otherwise.
good **** Infern! and the rest of top 6, im impressed.

cant wait to see the bracket.. heh.
yup and i did pretty well too for it being my first tournament in forever.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Even if that was the case, Ed would have still won. Because if they gave first game to King Yoshi, then the two games after that would have been the second and the third. And Ed won the two games. So King Yoshi would have won first, Ed would have won second and third therefore Ed still won the set. But I do agree!! But that really wouldn't effect the outcome.

Anyhow, good job everyone~!! I hope you guys had fun! And good job to Anthony and King Beef!! I'm really happy for the both of you!
Well the 2nd and 3rd match probably would've went to Smash 64, but the first one was King Yoshi's match.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Haha, he did the same general thing to me too. First time I played him after his sudden improvement, he tore me a new one. Definitely didn't expect it XD

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Sole...my special request is me vs. Capem =)
if we're making requests, id like all of them to be put up cause i WILL watch all of em.
guys chill, soles been having trouble with his wifi letting him upload any vids, we're (sole) working on getting them up soon, we've got alot of vids backed up from past tournies.

(sry double post)

lou4222

Smash Lord
Z and King Beef are really underrated.

I was really impressed with Z in particular. He beat me, smash 64, almost Blue Rogue and he hasnt been to a tournament in 3 months. Thats pretty impressive.

I had a good time at this tournament. The venue was perfect, great people, and some new faces stepped up. Yes I feel I should have done better, and yes I feel like I could have made a run, but I didnt. I lost to good people and it was really close. I learned a lot and hopefully I can get better from it and come back next week.

Congrats Infern!

Top Bottom