• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SUPER LION 5 - Villefontaine (near Lyon), FRANCE - February 20th-21st, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

porc

Smash Journeyman

Tournoi du Super Lion n°5 on the way !

TSL4 was OK cause it had a lot of people, a lot of competition, beautiful matches, lots of freeplay, but the tournaments delays ruined it for a lot.
This time there should be no mistake on that point. We'll stick to ONE venue : the one where we projected the finals on the giant screen, and ONE game : Melee. Things should be easier to handle that way (we don't blame brawl or its players, just the fact that we wanted to do too much).
Cash prizes will be bigger cause this time we won't have to pay for TVs, and by the way we already have like 25, not counting the ones people will bring.

'Sounds cool, doesn't it ? :)

YOU CAN PRE-REGISTER (AND REGISTER FOR GOOD) ON THE SUPER LION WEBSITE : http://ti.bug.free.fr/ssbm/
Feel free to register even if you're not 100% sure to come. Everything you put in when registering can be edited, but once you'll confirm your venue, it won't be anymore.

INFORMATIONS

Date :

February 20th, 2010 (Saturday) + eventually February 21st depending on how many we are.

Venue opens on friday morning and close on sunday night. You can stay in it the whole time (who said FRIENDLIES !?)

Postal Address :

Salle Daniel Balavoine
Parc du Vellein
Villefontaine 38090
FRANCE

Salepâte :

Cellphone: 0033::6..3::0..1::1..9::5..2::4 (be careful, it changed from last time)
E-mail: noefamily [at] hotmail [dot] fr

porc :

Cellphone: 0033::6..1::8..8::2..7::7..6::2
E-mail: godisinthedonut [at] hotmail [dot] com

Reaching the venue from Lyon La Part Dieu, which is the nearest (big) train station

You need to take the Viver-Merle exit of the trainstation and go the bus stop "Part-Dieu Renaudel" (See the map). The bus itself is called "Transisère 1920" and it will last approximatively 45 minutes- the arrival is "La Cruizille".
You'd better ask the driver to warn you when he arrives at the bus stop. Beware, some of these buses won't stop at La Cruizille, so you'd better ask him if you're unsure.
Price : 2.20€ (if you're under 26. 3.00€ otherwise).
Once you arrive you can either call salepate or porc, or look at the little map bellow.

Bus timetable :
http://transisere.fr/horaires_ligne...eriod_code=-1&version_id=-1&heure=7&minute=55

"plus tard" means "later".

/!\ Warning, there's no bus on Sunday /!\

If you're coming by plane

The closest airport is named "Saint-Exupery", it's near Lyon.

Salepate and I now have our driving licence so we may be able to pick some of you if we're not too busy at that moment.

If we can't, here's what to do :

From the airport, you have to take a 30 mins bus called "Satobus" (easy to find) : It cost 6.30€ if you're under 24 years old. You have to stop at "Lyon Part-Dieu" (you can ask the driver to warn you).

From Lyon Part-Dieu, you then have to take an other bus called "Transisere 1920" (see above). It's 45 mins long and it costs 2.20€ if you're under 26. If you're coming to my house, stop at "Les Roches" but if you're coming directly to the venue, stop at "La Cruizille" (again, ask the driver, cause sometime they skip those stops -_-).

The second closest airport is in Grenoble (Grenoble airport). It's a one hour by car from the venue, so we can't pick you there. You will have to take a train : see bellow.

Reaching the venue from Grenoble

You need to take a train from Grenoble to a city called "La Verpilliere" (it's right next to Villefontaine, where the venue is).
You can find train tickets here : http://www.tgv-europe.com/en/, they're about 22€ there and back.
When you're arrived, either call us and we can pick you up 'cause we have a little time. Either you walk to the venue, thanks to this map :

The tournament

Entry fee:

Not confirmed yet, but it will probably be like :

Venue : 4€ (mandatory, even if you don't participate to any tournament)
Melee doubles : 8€ (per teammate)
Melee singles : 8€
____
Total : 20€ if you participate to everything.

Cash prizes

Except the money for the venue, and stuff we may need, everything goes to cash prizes.

Top 5 of each event gets something (% to be determine).

Organizers :

porc
Salepâte

Strongly helped by : Slhoka

Schedule

• Friday :
  • 09h/10h : The venue opens / registrations / friendlies
  • 18h : Free random event (crews, low tier, items (???), ...)
  • 00h : Music is turned off on every TV. Sound must be low.

Saturday :
  • 09h : Registrations for late people
  • 10h : Melee Singles Event
  • 15h : Melee Doubles Event
  • 00h : Music is turned off on every TV. Sound must be low.

Sunday :
  • 10h : End of the tournaments if we're too many and we didn't had time to finish it the day before.
  • Then friendlies
  • 18h : Begining of the sad work and good byes :(

Melee Single Rules
  • AJP's suggested rule : Music is set up to 25% max (Sound : 75% min)
  • Items: None
  • Limit: 4 stocks
  • Time Limit: 8 minutes
  • Stage striking: Dream Land 64, Final Destination, Battlefield, Fountain of Dream, Yoshi Story.
  • Counterpick stages: Pokemon Stadium, Donkey Kong 64, Rainbow Ride
  • DSR is ON: You cannot choose the stage that granted you your last victory (the random stage counts).
  • PSR appliquée: Magnez vous le cul pour le choix du personnage ainsi que du stage
  • PSR is on: You have 3 min max to choose you counterpick stage and character, otherwise, the stage is set to random (this rule require a refery that you have to ask for before your match).
  • Wobbling is forbidden.
  • Stalling is forbidden.
  • You'll have to pass round robins to be qualified.
  • Bestof 3 for the first set.
  • Bestof 5 for all the other sets except the finals (this may change if we don't have enough time).
  • Bestof 7 for the finals.

Procedure :
  • For the first match: both players choose their character at the same time, they can also tell a third person which character they plan to use. Beware, no cheating, if the third person plans to help one player or the other, it may result in disqualification.
  • First stage is choosen by "striking" : A player (to be decided with a rock-paper-scisors game) strikes 1 stage, the other strikes 2, and the first one strikes 1 again (among the 5 listed above). The game is played on the stage left.
    For the next matches, winner bans one stage (or not, it's his choice), looser chooses his counterpick stage, winner chooses his character, and finally, looser chooses his.

Melee Team Rules
  • The sames rules as Singles with these exceptions:
  • Time Limit: 10 minutes
  • Fountain of Dream is replaced (cause of the fps that drops sometimes when we're 4 playing) by Pokemon Stadium in the stage striking

The Organisation

Food

There's gonna be a truck selling food in front of the venue during the whole tournament : pizzas, hot dogs, sandwhiches, french frizes, snacks, [...]

You can still go to the supermarket if you want, but it's a 15 min walk. We'll give you little maps to get there if you want to (but don't be late for your tournament matches !!).

Housing

On friday and saturday nights, everyone can sleep at the venue. Bring Your Sleeping Bags or whatever you like to sleep with !

We ask you to please come on Friday and leave on Sunday, this time I won't be able to house 50 people before the tournament :)

If you still want to come for more than Friday - Sunday, there's a hotel near the venue which has 6 people rooms, for like 100€

Some other rules
  • Bring Your Own Controller
  • Do NOT smoke inside.
  • Trashcans will be placed everywhere, so whenever you see trash please put it in a trashcan
  • A sleeping zone will be "created" in the venue. So at midnight, every TV close to this place have to be Sound Disabled. As for the other TVs, you have to lower the sound. We also ask you to stay quiet.
  • The timing is sharp, so please when you have a match to do, do it (unless it's pass midnight). Between the first and the second set, players will have max 10 minutes unless they get forfeited (of course if there's no TV free, we won't blame you, but you have to warn us)
  • About friendlies: First of all, it is strictly forbidden to do freeplay during the first sets of each event. We will tell you when you can start freeplaying again.
  • Be "fairplay": don't throw your controller (you might hurt someone, lol). Handshake and so on...
    [*]You must be aware of the game rules. If there's a problem but the match has already started, you can't complain, it would be too late.
  • Listen carefully the hosts when they announce something.

YOU CAN PRE-REGISTER (AND REGISTER FOR GOOD) ON THE SUPER LION WEBSITE : http://ti.bug.free.fr/ssbm/
Feel free to register even if you're not 100% sure to come. Everything you put in when registering can be edited, but once you'll confirm your venue, it won't be anymore.

REGISTERED PLAYERS' LIST : http://ti.bug.free.fr/ssbm/tsl5/index.php?page=list

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
So near. But my parents are going Paris for a short one week break the week this is on. Only if I can persuade them to let me come as well =]]]

porc

Smash Journeyman
well venue is booked, and i have an appointment saturday to give em the money so it's pretty much confirmed yeah

Mr-R

Smash Champion
ah man i saw tsl5 i was like all hyped and ****, but no brawl :(

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
Well, it is indeed kinda sad that there wont be brawl

BUT!
AWESOME VENUE!
AWESOME TOURNEY!
AWESOME PORC!
will the projector be there again? AWESOME CINEMATIC FINALS!
AWESOME WIERD LITTLE KID IN THE VAN SELLING STUFF!

AWESOME!
I'M SO GONNA BE THERE!!!

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
AWESOME WIERD LITTLE KID IN THE VAN SELLING STUFF!
he wasnt weird ffs, he was ****ing nice!! I remember him!

No Brawl, that is soooo nice ^^

Guyz u should just come, the venues so good, 5th edition, so u now its a good tournament right? ^^

Just come FFS !!

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
wow, Im definately up for it if I can get all this for under £60-70, and I missed the last one aswel lol.

Roughly how much are we gna spend on travelling Fuzzy?

Tamoo

Smash Master
V.Interested in this

Last one was awesome, and i'll already kinda know the area so there's one of my big worries when going abroad

Also, fuzz, any chance of just booking the weekend or just fri-sun?
A week was too long man and I just can't take that kinda time off of work.
If not, I'll just book on my own ofc

Kone

Smash Master
Iam potentially interested in this. Just checked that it is in my holidays and it is. Joe/Robby car trip x_x?

Tiersie

Smash Ace
I would've bought a plane ticket this instant.

But alas, it doesn't have brawl. Have fun though melee peeps. And how about a TSL6 in the summer with brawl/melee again?

Edit: you should get Lornezo's pizza again. That guy was awesome. And the kid was awesome aswell

Mr-R

Smash Champion
I'd go to this and attend both if there was brawl ._. ( if its in the holidays obv )

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
If you by "Grenoble" mean "Grenoble airport" (Ryanair), you might want to add that is costs 15-20€ (don't remember) to actually get to Grenoble from the airport by bus. That was a nice surprise last time.

VilNess

Smash Champion
[*] AJP's suggested rule : Music is set up to 25% max (Sound : 75% min)
I´m In.

Seriously, one of the best rules ever. And yes I´m considering attending, I´ll ask few of the finnish smashers if they are interested.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I am defiantly up for coming. I will look into who I can travel with :)

angel_without_heart

Smash Apprentice
sur[rised at the lack of interest =/. im very interested and will look into it after xmas =)
i'll be so glad if you and kone can come to this tournament, try to do your best.
shame on me if I miss this tourny and miss you by the same time.

i'll try to come with 2 or 3 friends from le creusot to lyon

3 days and melee only : so exciting

darko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom