• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 11 3-13 ~ Need setups, power strips, & extension cords!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
Show Me Your Moves 11

*aawwww yeah (updates to everything to come later i just copy and pasted everything from the old thread)*

Saturday March 13 2010
11AM - 12AM (that's midnight!)
Doors open at 9AM, signups start at 10AM
Tourney starts at 11AM, not noon!
Building must be vacated by midnight.

McKinley Church and Foundation
809 S. Fifth St.
Champaign, IL 61820
http://www.mckinley-church.org/

Intersection of Fifth and Daniel. Park in the multi-level parking lot on the other side of Fifth street--parking elsewhere may get you towed.

Contact Dew Rag: 630 200 5174
(no spam please)

Stuff

$5 venue fee (waived if you bring a TV that is not small)
$10 per person for teams
$15 for singles
Remaining pot will be split as follows:
1 - 60%
2 - 30%
3 - 10%
4 - $10 (per person)
5 - $5 (per person)
The TO may be taking a reasonable cut (to be determined) as compensation for his hard work.

Tournament Rules

Pools first then Brackets
Double Elimination

•Stages/Characters (might change):

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium
Kongo Jungle

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Mute City
Corneria
Poke Floats

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Corneria
Poke Floats

•Dave's Stupid Rule: You may not pick the last stage where you won in the same set.

•Knock-out: Each person may knock out one stage for the entire match. This stage must be selected before any stages are chosen for the set.

•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters

•Double Blind pick for the first game of a set may be called at any time

•Wobbling is banned

•Stage Striking

•Special Team Rules:
• Team Attack ON
• Life stealing allowed

Other Rules & Special Issues

-- Controller modifications: removal of components/buttons and cosmetic changes are allowed. Other modifications, add-ons, or turbo/programmed buttons are not allowed.
-- Naughtiness such as throwing round robin matches may be grounds for disqualification.
-- Being absent for your match for more than X minutes/calls will be grounds for forfeiture, where X is subject to time constraints and the TO's remaining patience.
-- No stalling (making yourself unreachable by your opponent) or making matches unfinishable or other such evildoing.
-- You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.

I kinda just copy and pasted all this from the old thread so changes will be made later once I'm back home and discuss with other peeps from Chambana.

dmac

Smash Champion
ohhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyy goddddddddddddddddd

goods hit (stupid jiano)

now i just gotta convince dorkrain to come to this

Tink

Smash Hero
awwwww jeeezzz......i was otally gonna do the OMG stuff, but toooo many ppl beat me to it lolll.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Thats not AOB, hype, gonna try to make this for sure
confirmed

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I'm gonna try sooo hard to make this. Been wanting to go to a SMYM, and I was afraid they had ended just as I was getting into the tourney scene. Get hype :]

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Oh heeeellll yeah.

Party at the viperpartment!

We (Evansville) will take care of videos this time. All videos will be up in 3 days guaranteed.

Wiggins

Smash Ace
Northwest Louisiana REPORTING IN! We're coming to this.... Don't Worry, EP. You'll get that Eville Crew battle this time. SHOW ME YOUR MOVES.

I'M GETTING HYPE.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Northwest Louisiana REPORTING IN! We're coming to this.... Don't Worry, EP. You'll get that Eville Crew battle this time. SHOW ME YOUR MOVES.

I'M GETTING HYPE.
WIGGINSSSS! Heeelllllyeeessss. You better bring a full car coming from that far!

Dart

Smash Lord

I'M GETTING HYPE.
Awesome. Just so you know, this will be brought up again should you guys run away :p

Dart

Smash Lord
Sveeeeeeeeeeeet! crews hype, although we'll probably need to bring a setup and either
A: Get the TO's permission or
B: Swipe and or just bring a private setup.

either way, crews has to happen

Zicore

Smash Champion
um...yeah...pretty sure I'm going to this. Finally get to hit up them bars I've been hearing so much about. Lemon, team again? Im better now lol

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
josh, don't even call it a come back (I think thats what your refering to)

edit: nevermind, you were talking about the smash bros logo shadowed on the ground

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
Are people willing to have sign ups at 9 and have the tournament start at 10? If so, I might be able to put in crews... if not depending on the number of people coming, it will most likely not happen. the tourny will finish at 12 midnight no matter what.

Also if there are crews it will either be before or after the singles/doubles

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I don't see crews happening. We don't have a lot of time at these things.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Evansville invested in 8 uniform 21" CRT TV's last night, and we have enough complete systems to fill them out. We will be happily bringing them all along. Tournament on wheels.

Also AOB, any chance we can get the new MBR map set/stage strike system at this tourney? Here it is:

Singles

Starter Strike Stage List-
Fountain of Dreams
Dream Land
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List-
Pokemon Stadium
Kongo Jungle
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

Teams

Starter Strike Stage List-
Pokemon Stadium
Dream Land
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List-
Kongo Jungle
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
sorry AOB aint running this

and I like the ruleset I put up unless there is a huge objection with the rules I put up, I think it's fine considering this is the ruleset we've used for years... Only change that was made was poke stadium is now not a random for singles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom