• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 11 3-13 ~ Need setups, power strips, & extension cords!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
and I like the ruleset I put up unless there is a huge objection with the rules I put up, I think it's fine considering this is the ruleset we've used for years... Only change that was made was poke stadium is now not a random for singles
Its your tournament and you obviously will do what you want and we will come, but stage strike and this new more conservative stage list is the future for sure. You could put it up to a poll, or not. PS off random without stage strike will make ppl sad, (except Marth and Jiggs). I think people might want to try the new set out, and the requests for jank stages not being included are starting too. A poll would be cool.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I personally like having corneria, floats and mute banned (along with the janky *** stages MW still hasn't accepted as banned like green greens or MK2 ect). I also like stage striking and having stadium in CPs.

regardless of the rule set i'll probably come because its friggin SMYM11!

Me14k

Smash Lord
:))))))))))))))))) I will definitely be theree

I can house 1-3 people. I have a couch and plenty of floor space. I'll have to talk to my roommate to see how much he'll budge. definitely 2 people at least. message me on facebook. If you don't know my real name I don't trust you enough to house you.

P.S. Just ban mute city..it unfairly gives advantage to peach. If it was a couterpick I will pick it everytime it isn't banned. just ban it.

P.P.S. I know the back room wants to make PS counterpick only, I think we should keep it as a random.

john!

Smash Hero
I'm sure the back room debated for ages about that stage list. It wouldn't be fair to just pick and choose which stages you wanted, e.g. keeping PS neutral but banning Mute. The old and new stagelists are both fine, but using some kind of hybrid would just generate more debate.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I don't necessarily advocate using the MBR stagelist unless that's what the TO wants. But while the TO has discretion over the stagelist, he should be able to justify it and he should be sensitive to the desires of his community.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I agree with an above poster that we either keep it how it is now (although green greens and japes make me really sad), or we go completely MBR.

Quaz

Smash Master
NO japes or mute or corneria those stages suck.

I like the pound 4 ruleset we should use that.

Me14K I want that housing! Hook me up I'll probably bring Chris and Josh and Jeff or something.

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
Deeznutz will be there I am goign to try to bring a car load of dew crew people 2. Rene blade I havent seen ya since last smym we got another money match coming

Big_R

Smash Champion
the melee backroom is a crock anyways i dont care what those idiots say most people aren't even actually good in there.

TOs can adjust it how they want I don't think it's gonna cause too much of a stir. Altho MK2 on at this tourny was always dumb I thought. But ya the moral is do what you want! Aand if you WANT to get naked do it! Do what you want, where you want!

Me14k

Smash Lord
Me14K I want that housing! Hook me up I'll probably bring Chris and Josh and Jeff or something.
Halfdemon and guest just called dibs before you. I'll let you know if I have room for a third which is unlikely. (I live in a dorm room, its not that roomy)

Big_R

Smash Champion
If BigD isn't in there I just can't take it very seriously.

He knows everything.

Sorry!

But come on guys leave the boat on! Daddy needs the boat!

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
MBR actually has quite a few really good ppl.

I was explained the pokemon stadium decision and it makes sense, here it is. Looking at each transformation individually, we will see that the starting stage is of course neutral, fire would be banned, rock would be banned, grass and water would both be counterpicks, this makes the stage a counterpick. Makes sense to me...

-PEEF

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
peef, that doesnt really work though

fire and rock would be banned due to camping ability behind the tree/mountain, but thats not an issue because they disappear after 30 seconds

you can win matches by camping behind the fin/top of the castle/yellow house/etc., but you cant win a match by camping on fire or rock mode.

plus grass mode really would not need to be counterpick at all, its a completely normal stage with the exception of that weird tree but thats not really that weird at all once you know what to expect from it

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Yeah, I'm not sure how we ended up making Stadium CP. Maybe I should have voted and participated in that discussion.

Durian, as your consultant I advise that you make Stadium a starter stage. Having 5 starters where 3 of them are pretty much the same thing is dumb.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Theres only 1 stage that has a wall, thats ever been legal for an extended period of time without much complaint: Corneria.

I think thats also part of the reason Stadium is CP (The Tree and The Mountain) But i also think that more than just the walls and the length of transformation went into the discussion to make it CP.

With me knowing my vote means absolutely nothing, I vote KJ as more neutral than PS.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
peef, that doesnt really work though

fire and rock would be banned due to camping ability behind the tree/mountain, but thats not an issue because they disappear after 30 seconds

you can win matches by camping behind the fin/top of the castle/yellow house/etc., but you cant win a match by camping on fire or rock mode.

plus grass mode really would not need to be counterpick at all, its a completely normal stage with the exception of that weird tree but thats not really that weird at all once you know what to expect from it
yeah, that pretty much says it all. i think stadium is ok, but that's more likely cuz i'm used to it by now. btw, why the hell is brinstar not banned? i don't get how that stage is allowed. the mbr keeping that stage on is totally a "well, gotta give the floaties one more decent stage" thing.

ORLY

Smash Master
yeah, that pretty much says it all. i think stadium is ok, but that's more likely cuz i'm used to it by now. btw, why the hell is brinstar not banned? i don't get how that stage is allowed. the mbr keeping that stage on is totally a "well, gotta give the floaties one more decent stage" thing.
Don't be hatin' on Brinstar, Ray Chun. ;D

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Reneblade, $20 Ironman 5 character MM?

Peef, $5 MM my Falcon vs. your Falco?

Bizwiz, $5 MM my Falcon vs. your Falco/whatever?

Tinkypoo/other cool as cucumber peepz, $1 Falcon MMs?

I'm planning on bringing some moneys this time, and I'm coming for you Evansville.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
brinstar=dreamland except you cant get gimped

therefore, good for space animals

learn to use it right

peef, what youre saying isnt quite accurate. onett was legal for years before it was banned, and it was even legal at pound 2. princess peach's castle was also legal throughout a lot of mlg tourneys all the way through 2006. so more than just corneria has been legal with a wall for extended periods of time. i have no idea why corneria stayed legal and those didnt, but regardless my point still stands: pokemon stadiums wall comes and goes, so despite it creating a huge camping advantage occasionally you cant actually run the clock out on people by hiding behind the tree/mountain.

Lemondude829

Smash Journeyman
ok guys my john meter is about to burst, easy.
stadium is one of my favorite levels, not because of an advantage just because its a fun level. its plenty large (like FD) and has some well placed platforms that r gud for comboz and stuff. just play it, have some fun, and lets have another amazing smym.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom