• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 11 3-13 ~ Need setups, power strips, & extension cords!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
brinstar=dreamland except you cant get gimped

therefore, good for space animals

learn to use it right

peef, what youre saying isnt quite accurate.
That was last post Reneblade, not me anymore. It was only me if it ended with "-PEEF"

But on the issue, Fire and rock are bad because of waveshine walls and stupid crap. It is a non-issue to take a stock in those 30 seconds, or even 15 of them if you get it right.

Now, tell me how to play spacies on Brinstar?

Whoever requested their falcon vs my falco $5, for sure.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
dont forward b at the ledge expecting it to work, and jump around on platforms. its not tricky, people just panic when they get hit by acid and cant forward b sweetspot

my bad on the misidentification, but like ive been saying the waveshine walls arent nearly as big a deal as people imagine. i havent seen anyone actually take a stock via waveshining against a wall on stadium in years, if ever. ive seen a bunch of shines, good combos, etc., but the main issue with walls is really camping behind them.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
dont forward b at the ledge expecting it to work, and jump around on platforms. its not tricky, people just panic when they get hit by acid and cant forward b sweetspot

my bad on the misidentification, but like ive been saying the waveshine walls arent nearly as big a deal as people imagine. i havent seen anyone actually take a stock via waveshining against a wall on stadium in years, if ever. ive seen a bunch of shines, good combos, etc., but the main issue with walls is really camping behind them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD8vB8fDnFo#t=3m05s

I didnt go out and search for that, it was just a vid i watched yesterday.

I personally feel fine with it because I've kinda been trained to think it's neutral, but objectively it sucks. I don't reaaalllyyy care either way, but I think that tournaments would be better with it on cp.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
YES OLD RULESET!!!!!!
stadium as neutral foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
i'll be here
who wants to team?

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
stadium as cp is dumb, the theory is there but the evidence to make it banned is not present. People just feel like the old rules are outdated just because they are "old". this one does not need to be tinkered with

i fully support kj64 as a neutral tho XD. its a good stage!

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I think most could agree that the importance of the new ruleset isn't the movement of stadium (totally debateable) but the removal of some really crappy unbalanced maps.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Brinstar is a good anti-spacie counterpick and I think it is a good map for that reason. It sufficiently serves the purpose of counterpicking without being outright horrid.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
spacies do fine there IMO spacies don't suck anywhere
but puff does insane
samus is pretty much useless there, so is pika
let's not go off topic though
this tourny will ****
all smym's ****
and i will **** at this tourny

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
Mute City, Poke Floats, Corneria, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Mushroom Kingdom II

so basically these are the stages people don't like =_=

MKII I can see why, but I like it lol, not that it matters and I can see why for others but meh, I liked having the variety and choices...

are people good with the list that's up right now?

I really don't see why mute city shouldn't be there other than for peach
I've seen people get around that pretty easily, but w.e

would people care a ton if I just used the ruleset we always used since forever

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Mute City, Poke Floats, Corneria, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Mushroom Kingdom II
Yeah ban all of those.

I would be upset as is reasonable for someone who only came to SMYM9 and 10 is allowed to be without being disrespectful if you kept the old ruleset unchanged.

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
dew rag, I'd understand if you used the new rule set cause people are like johning and stuff or something, but I'd love you if you used the old rule set. And seriously, wtf is wrong with floats? It moves so I guess it could be bad for slow characters, but its not random, its the same rotation every time, and I don't really know any character that becomes unstoppable on floats. And I'm with tomacawk, brinstar is gay, way worse than half the stages going to be banned.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
brinstar has to go... how is that even arguable?
floats is gay but I support it
mute city I like but it should seriously be banned
what happens with the rules will not affect my attendance, but if you adopt the SBR rules you should ban brinstar anyway

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
brinstar is not nearly on the level of floats or mute in terms of brokenness tomacawk

Me14k

Smash Lord
I like stage striking.

I'm still confused why poke stadium is cp only.

if someone can only win on mute city or floats because of its cheapness then they will lose the set in the third match anyways imo

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I like stage striking.

I'm still confused why poke stadium is cp only.

if someone can only win on mute city or floats because of its cheapness then they will lose the set in the third match anyways imo
basically, characters with "free win" stages (mute city, floats, brinstar, ect) have an advantage over those who don't because they only have to win 1 game on a neutral anywhere in the set to win the entire thing.

stadium on CP is just because of stage striking. we had 6 neutrals, but you need an odd number for stage striking. so you either gotta add a non-neutral stage or remove a stage, MBR went for removing the least fair neutral (PS) instead of adding the most neutral CP (DK64).

if there is no stage strike (ei, were randoming) i don't have a problem with PS staying in the neutrals pool. i don't believe i've heard an argument that was able to convince me that PS is any more unfair for spacies than YS is for marth or ganon or more unfair than DL is for peach or puff.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
stadium on CP is just because of stage striking. we had 6 neutrals, but you need an odd number for stage striking. so you either gotta add a non-neutral stage or remove a stage, MBR went for removing the least fair neutral (PS) instead of adding the most neutral CP (DK64).
And it was a poor decision on their part. Battlefield should have been removed and Stadium kept in to preserve a little variety of stage setup.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
I agree, I hate battlefield but love stadium, only because i play spacies sometimes

Vro

Smash Lord
Battfield is best neutral. Peach does significantly better than Falcon on Brinstar. Brinstar is a good neutral. Corneria is a bad neutral. Pokefloats is so-so, still have Rainbow Cruise.

SBR list is fine with striking or just ask if PS is acceptable with your opponent. PS is still 2good for spacies.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
poke floats is just wrong

horrible horrible stage

i dont really mind and of the others....brinstar, cruise, mute, corneria, green greens

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
And it was a poor decision on their part. Battlefield should have been removed and Stadium kept in to preserve a little variety of stage setup.
while i like that idea because it sounds the most fun, i think in terms of overall fairness they made the right decision.

Battfield is best neutral. Peach does significantly better than Falcon on Brinstar. Brinstar is a good neutral. Corneria is a bad neutral. Pokefloats is so-so, still have Rainbow Cruise.
i don't really see why floats was banned. one fox camped vidjo, but i've seen many more videos where a peach camps someone on DK64. I agree with MC and Corneria though.

Vro

Smash Lord
Random deaths from standing on Pokemon are unacceptable. This stage is no more counterpick than Icicle Mountain.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I have literally lost multiple stocks in a single match from falling through pokes. I saw it happen to countless players, and I'm sure everyone has their own story. For example, Viperboy vs NES N00b at E-52 was decided totally by Vboy falling through 2 pokes in one match. That's not acceptable...

Battlefield is a good neutral, counterpicked by Darkrain's Falcon, Zhu's Falco, Hungrybox and Sliq's Puff, M2K's Sheik, Kage's Ganon, Jman's Fox, etc... meaning that a huge variety of the metagame is comfortable here.

AOB/Dew Rag/whatever is going on with that I have no idea, I think a good compromise would be to keep PS and add DK64 to the starters, and then do stage strike with MBR counterpicks. It seems like alot of people want PS as neutral, but they don't want the jank counterpicks. IDK, ask if they want DK64 added so we could keep PS on the starter strikes.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I don't mind DK64, it'll get striked one way or another. my only beef is that vs fox/falco i would need to strike both DK64 and PS leaving me the equivalent of 1 strike in the regular system while they would get 3.

and i havent fallen thru floats in years and i CP to that stage. its just about knowing what parts of the stage you can fall through. Mostly its on seal and another part i dont remember which. Lack of stage knowledge =/= need for ban IMO

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
hahaha that happened to viperboy at fc once vs chinesah and he didnt make the bracket as a result

floats really isnt any worse than cruise

sveet how does a peach camp someone on dk64, it takes her like 5 minutes to get up to one of those platforms. dk64 is where you take a peach so that you can camp against her

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I thought you struck then picked character?

You can fall through almost every poke with multiple segments.

Ive fallen through corneria next to the fin. Cruise isn't as bad. There are less moments of "no playing right now, just staying alive as weird stuff happens".

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
and i havent fallen thru floats in years and i CP to that stage. its just about knowing what parts of the stage you can fall through. Mostly its on seal and another part i dont remember which. Lack of stage knowledge =/= need for ban IMO
I fell through snorlax before, but yea any pokemon you can fall through any pokemon with segments.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I fell through Pokemon Stadium the other day when it was changing into the fire form. Was walking forward then shorthop'd into charging my punch, but instead of jumping I just kind...slipped? under the stage right below where the tree was coming up.

I think falling through Pokemon on Pokefloats is hilarious, you uhh....gotta take into account that stuff is going to happen...right? Kind of like...exploding capsules? You should know it has a blah/150 chance of it being explodable.

I'm not really going to leave input on this whole situation, I'm fine either way to be quite honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom