• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[push Back] Sometime In Late April, Coquitlam - British.columbia: Pick Up Yo Sticks

unityole

Smash Lord
everyone bring a fuking tv plz he has 2 tvs i think, if we can bring 6 = 8 tvs tournament. pretty good

cedrick

Smash Apprentice
bring your friends. remember if we get enough people we will be paying out more spots! If attendance is good we will host more events during the summer. For any of the top level melee guys who want to solidify their spot on the PR (!) or anyone from oop who thinks theyre hot ****, consider the high roller event...

unityole

Smash Lord
sign me up
by saying that u already won the tournament

NOTES:

* We are looking for as many set ups as possible, we hope to have at least 8 - 12 set ups to accommodate an efficient tournament. Don't worry about room, we have too much of it. We are hoping that this event goes very well because we are interested in hosting future tournaments.

* We will be selling food and drinks at the tournament, buying food will help us support the tournament by helping us cover the venue cost. Just simple stuff, Soda, Hot dogs and other stuff. In my real life, I am a trained professional chef so, don't worry about the cooking.

thats at the end of 1st post, I WILL BE GETTING HOTDOGS AND EAT IT ALL AWAY SON

corbinvenida

Smash Apprentice
by saying that u already won the tournament

NOTES:

* We are looking for as many set ups as possible, we hope to have at least 8 - 12 set ups to accommodate an efficient tournament. Don't worry about room, we have too much of it. We are hoping that this event goes very well because we are interested in hosting future tournaments.

* We will be selling food and drinks at the tournament, buying food will help us support the tournament by helping us cover the venue cost. Just simple stuff, Soda, Hot dogs and other stuff. In my real life, I am a trained professional chef so, don't worry about the cooking.

thats at the end of 1st post, I WILL BE GETTING HOTDOGS AND EAT IT ALL AWAY SON
lolz, your gross. bring a TV! or a 64 set up :p

Asa

Smash Hero
There is a brawl tournament the next week after this:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=258231

I won't be able to go to both due to... well... two big tourneys in a row...

You might want to talk it over with the TO of the other tourney and combine the two or something.

I'm posting this in the other tourney as well (with the link to this tourney).
yeah i think this is a good idea

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Note that there's some players from Alberta who were planning to come to the Phoenix Brawl tournament, but the date for this tourney is the same weekend as a tournament they're holding in Edmonton. If we do end up combining the two Vancouver tournaments, it'd be preferable to could keep the date of March 13th, as it'd probably work better for them.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
How about this for a suggestion:

Combine the two tournaments, but make it a two day tournament (e.g. brawl on Saturday and Melee/64 on Sunday, or vice versa). The host of the Brawl tournament (March 13th) can host the brawl day, while the host of the Melee+Brawl tournament (March 7th) can host the melee/64 day. This way, both hosts can still host a full day's worth of tournaments and events, and no one has to worry about two tournaments two weekends in a row. This would also solve splits in attendance (seeing as they are now one day apart, so people will have an easier time to schedule for this).

Just an idea.

LFL

Smash Journeyman
I will be there i can bring 2 tvs and two wiis + brawls...i also have a cube and melee if you need it.

Also i think this tournament and my tournament the following week should be separate. Although not everyone can go to both its still great to have so many tournaments!

P.S. if you have to choose....go to mine :p

bundtcake

Smash Ace
that is only because alberta has a tournament on the same day as corbin's tourney, if not superboom will go to corbin's for sure.
No need to get all defensive, just stating the facts <_< Phoenix is looking better for Brawl and 64, Sticks is looking better for Melee, simple as that...

OH and I should mention that I'll proooobably come to this unless something comes up? Two consecutive tourneys is a little on the excessive side for me but if I have nothing else happening that weekend I might as well come

corbinvenida

Smash Apprentice
But yours doesn't have melee :(

Either way, I'll go to the one with the better 64 attendance.

I definitely want to set up a 64 Set up, so someone please bring a 64 system, so we can throw down a small one, so blue yoshi can come!!

Asa

Smash Hero
blargh i'll probably end up going to my ultimate game instead..

but I'll still make bread

unityole

Smash Lord
No need to get all defensive, just stating the facts <_< Phoenix is looking better for Brawl and 64, Sticks is looking better for Melee, simple as that...

OH and I should mention that I'll proooobably come to this unless something comes up? Two consecutive tourneys is a little on the excessive side for me but if I have nothing else happening that weekend I might as well come
i dont think so, i would host a tournament bigger than urs and dan would ONLY come to that one if theres nothing in alberta that day, why dont u ask the person himself and stop with the assumption. also im not being defensive, im being aggressive, get it right lol

and fact is that phoenix will never have a bigger tournament of 64 than any other ones hosted by meta or i, cause we care about it, u guys dont =/

I definitely want to set up a 64 Set up, so someone please bring a 64 system, so we can throw down a small one, so blue yoshi can come!!
dont worry i got that covered, a setup with both japanese and english version of smash brothers on N64 as well as gameshark for additional stages. of course at least 4 controllers with it.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
i dont think so, i would host a tournament bigger than urs and dan would ONLY come to that one if theres nothing in alberta that day, why dont u ask the person himself and stop with the assumption. also im not being defensive, im being aggressive, get it right lol

and fact is that phoenix will never have a bigger tournament of 64 than any other ones hosted by meta or i, cause we care about it, u guys dont =/
<_< You misinterpreted my post. Phoenix is currently the better Brawl/64 tourney precisely because of the players we have coming, it's not because it's innately a better tourney. Also, your last post was defensive. Your current post is aggressive. Maybe we have different definitions of the word :/

...And who's assuming now? <_< I care about 64 (although I doubt you believe me), and we have a 64 event at Phoenix. What more do you want? Is there something we're doing wrong? Feel free to inform us if so, we're not deaf to constructive criticism, but we're deaf to angry rants. :/

unityole

Smash Lord
<_< You misinterpreted my post. Phoenix is currently the better Brawl/64 tourney precisely because of the players we have coming, it's not because it's innately a better tourney. Also, your last post was defensive. Your current post is aggressive. Maybe we have different definitions of the word :/

...And who's assuming now? <_< I care about 64 (although I doubt you believe me), and we have a 64 event at Phoenix. What more do you want? Is there something we're doing wrong? Feel free to inform us if so, we're not deaf to constructive criticism, but we're deaf to angry rants. :/
although my posts may sound aggressive but this is how i usually post anyway so dont get any wrong impression. i go from regular posting (what i did and how i replied) to angry posting (spam swearing etc) =)

u care about 64, MAYYYYBE but r u looking all over for players and have asked them if they would try to enter 64? i would have done so a year ago but i gave up now, no one plays 64 competitively except for a couple of people i know. truth is, i can call up on all those people i know and tell them theres a 64 tourney at komodo and i wont be entering it, and they will prob go and try to win some money.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
although my posts may sound aggressive but this is how i usually post anyway so dont get any wrong impression. i go from regular posting (what i did and how i replied) to angry posting (spam swearing etc) =)

u care about 64, MAYYYYBE but r u looking all over for players and have asked them if they would try to enter 64? i would have done so a year ago but i gave up now, no one plays 64 competitively except for a couple of people i know. truth is, i can call up on all those people i know and tell them theres a 64 tourney at komodo and i wont be entering it, and they will prob go and try to win some money.
I assumed your posts were aggressive because you said yourself they were :p I reply aggressively to aggressive posts; it's the only way to keep up.

And yeah, I care about 64 but I've only ever played SSB64 online over emulators (except for when I was like, 8, and my friend had a copy) until just like a month ago, so I'm new to the scene (and to N64 controllers, DJCing is sooo weird without my wired 360 controller), and I'm also new to Vancouver in general, just moved here for university this year, so I really don't know where I'd start looking for SSB64 players. I'm guessing a lot of them also play Melee and/or Brawl, so it seems easier to try to get them to come for the other game AND 64, rather than looking for the few dedicated 64-only players. If you do know some 64 players who you think would be interested in coming to one of our tourneys, it'd be appreciated if you could tell them about the tourney then

corbinvenida

Smash Apprentice
this.

It's in Coquitlam, so I'm not entirely sure I'll go.

and what?

Best Of 5 for the Melee High Rollers each round.

Side note: Sorry for hosting it this week, i didnt really do a hard look over other provinces tournaments...

and bundtcake and jack, whats with this random flame war lolz.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I will be there i can bring 2 tvs and two wiis + brawls...i also have a cube and melee if you need it.

Also i think this tournament and my tournament the following week should be separate. Although not everyone can go to both its still great to have so many tournaments!

P.S. if you have to choose....go to mine :p
Needs more melee hype preeze.

Less talk about 64/brawl and more melee hype preeze. Esp, if u want a decent melee turnout.]

EDIT: It is the superior game afterall.

corbinvenida

Smash Apprentice
i agree with noobking, melee is like apples, if brawl is some fruit no one has ever heard of. Although i suck at melee, so il end up playing brawl. lolz. so goooo brawl as well.

MELEE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE.

JACK, PLEASE GET MORE MELEE PEOPLE HEREZ.

Top Bottom