• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[push Back] Sometime In Late April, Coquitlam - British.columbia: Pick Up Yo Sticks

Igcoris

Smash Journeyman
If I'm going I need to take 1st in melee high roller. How many people are going to enter it anyways? I would like confirmations on how many melee teams and how many are entering melee 1v1 and melee high roller please.
i'm not entering high roller, so good luck.

sorry, i read jigglypuffs getting together learning moves, and all of a sudden i was thinking of the gayest words ever like "marth" instead of march

corbinvenida

Smash Apprentice
yes, i am seeing if i can move the date to april 24th since it conflicts with a tournament in alberta, and more importantly its a week before a pretty hyped brawl tournament. If we move it later, than it promotes more people to come.

Il get back to you with a firm confirmed date, either way i got the place booked, its just a matter of when.

WE WANT MELEE HYPEEEEEEEEEEEE

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I won't be coming...but multiquotes ftw

I reply aggressively to aggressive posts; it's the only way to keep up.
Wow, really? You do realize this is a horrible way to go about this and it's a main reason a flame war would ever rise or continue at all, right?
Horrible mentality. This is the 2nd post from you that made me go :urg: at the lack of intelligence within it. Please stop it/don't do this (among other things) again. LOL

No offense, it's just a really bad thing/habbit/whatever you may call it to get into/be in. :urg:

and what?
That's what I was gonna say.

Best Of 5 for the Melee High Rollers each round.
That makes more sense. You should clarify that as I totally thought you meant ALL sets were Bo5. (As that's directly what the statement states) :ohwell:

Although i suck at melee, so il end up playing brawl.
Why not play both? It's really not that hard to be decent and have fun with both. The only real difficulty is switching from one to the other immediately, as they aren't even comparable in gameplay. Brawl isn't exactly complicated or very technical or fast to begin with. ;)

Imma win both all de timez!

im actually surprised to see not many melee players post here. Top 10 in BC should really come to this!
It's kind of hiding in the ALL CAPS TITLE to the point where I couldn't even tell it was in BC LOL

Now I get what Ced (or maybe it was Corbin) meant when he told me to 'pick up my sticks' in another thread :laugh:

yes

If Erics going, I'm probably not going.
??? If Eric goes, wouldn't it be MORE reason to GO?!?!?! :confused:

jiggs is the best way to go from brawl to melee. i think it's 'cause jiggs is a spacing/zoning type of character and brawl is ALL spacing/zoning
I would actually have to say it's Ganon.

Jiggs relys plenty on gimping and her aerial mobility is actually much faster than most maneuvers that factor into a match consistantly to be comparable or familiar to Brawl.

The closest thing I would relate it to is Ganon. It's just spacing and zoning, long recoveries and not dying easily.

For the most part, Brawl is like melee Ganon dittos with very little knockback on attacks, no hitstun and slightly less mobility on the ground (barely but WDs/DDs out it is less)
The main factor into making it fun is the fact that every one of these Ganons has completely different movesets and the graphics are sexy.

If I'm going I need to take 1st in melee high roller. How many people are going to enter it anyways? I would like confirmations on how many melee teams and how many are entering melee 1v1 and melee high roller please.
I wouldn't enter a 25$ thing, even when I easily spend 100+ simply coming to Vankuvah tournaments even before entree fees to begin with.

July is for ******s
**** you!
:p

July ***** eff u. I was born July6/1987, YOU GET *****!
July 26/88
WOOP WOOOOOP
:chuckle:

yes, i am seeing if i can move the date to april 24th
Well in that case... Eric (probably/hopefully) and I will be smashing in Toronto or somewhere on the EC... so gg us.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Wow, really? You do realize this is a horrible way to go about this and it's a main reason a flame war would ever rise or continue at all, right?
Horrible mentality. This is the 2nd post from you that made me go :urg: at the lack of intelligence within it. Please stop it/don't do this (among other things) again. LOL

No offense, it's just a really bad thing/habbit/whatever you may call it to get into/be in. :urg:
Criticizing a two week old post that no longer has any relevence isn't much better. :dizzy:

:005:

bundtcake

Smash Ace

:urg: LOL

You say this like you actually expect people to be awesome at arguing on the internet. (Not saying I'm agreeing with you, just pointing out that it's a silly thing to comment on in the first place? :p) Also, your opinion is your opinion.

HEY but while we're all being honest and condescending...
cyan yoshi >>>> red yoshi

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Criticizing a two week old post that no longer has any relevence isn't much better. :dizzy:

:005:
Better? I'd rather point it out regardless of the time. lol

If you befriend another person yet lack the mercy to correct them, you are in fact their enemy. - Can't remember who said that famous quote LOL

:urg: LOL

You say this like you actually expect people to be awesome at arguing on the internet. (Not saying I'm agreeing with you, just pointing out that it's a silly thing to comment on in the first place? :p) Also, your opinion is your opinion.

HEY but while we're all being honest and condescending...
cyan yoshi >>>> red yoshi
There essentially wasn't something to argue to begin with. That aggressive type of mindset in expecting an argument from a post like the one you went to argue against (common occurrance on the netz) is what causes a rucuss. Not the post you spoke of, but the post you made about it.

Yes it's only an observation I alone made and/or pointed out. I've observed it many upon many times, and I'll gladly point it out every time. :p

It may be a silly thing to comment on in the first place from my end, but I wouldn't have commented on it had you not posted some silly commenting post to comment on before it. ;)

AWE YE CYAN!

Lol Edit:
The best kind of edit :O

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Better? I'd rather point it out regardless of the time. lol

If you befriend another person yet lack the mercy to correct them, you are in fact their enemy. - Can't remember who said that famous quote LOL
But if you correct someone before befriending them, that doesn't make them your friend. ;E

There essentially wasn't something to argue to begin with. That aggressive type of mindset in expecting an argument from a post like the one you went to argue against (common occurrance on the netz) is what causes a rucuss. Not the post you spoke of, but the post you made about it.

Yes it's only an observation I alone made and/or pointed out. I've observed it many upon many times, and I'll gladly point it out every time. :p

It may be a silly thing to comment on in the first place from my end, but I wouldn't have commented on it had you not posted some silly commenting post to comment on before it. ;)
And like I said, your opinion is your opinion, nothing more and nothing less. (read: "cool story bro")

unityole

Smash Lord
one comment for sure. im jew and nobody every corrects me. cause infact i am a jew and my friends know whats best for me.

Top Bottom