• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I see an NFL, and an MLB... But no NBA thread?! Come on now, show a little love for the ballers you watch.

Shout out your team, and how much better they are then the rest.

Not enough people understand sports it seems, so if you've got any questions, go ahead and ask them here too. Let's get a place for all things basketball.

As for my team, San Antonio is where it's at. Timmy might even be the best PF ever. Still the only team threatening the Lakers(who are OP and should be banned).

Oh, and if it matters, I'm a fan of Big Man basketball. The game is won in the paint, so go hard or go home.

Looking forward to some discussions!

jugfingers

Smash Champion
I see an NFL, and an MLB... But no NBA thread?! Come on now, show a little love for the ballers you watch.

Shout out your team, and how much better they are then the rest.

Not enough people understand sports it seems, so if you've got any questions, go ahead and ask them here too. Let's get a place for all things basketball.

As for my team, San Antonio is where it's at. Timmy might even be the best PF ever. Still the only team threatening the Lakers(who are OP and should be banned).

Oh, and if it matters, I'm a fan of Big Man basketball. The game is won in the paint, so go hard or go home.

Looking forward to some discussions!

LOL tim d and tony are the only players that I truly hate.

Get at number eleven the double sticks of death rafer fur coat alston.

miami taking the title this year.

that being said

anyone ever heard of the notic dudes?

king handles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VozulXhj4X0&feature=related

johnny blaze/dazzle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87FjrpeMtt8&feature=fvw

notic mixtape

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLSRjH1CY9Q

4:50!!

but yea vancouver streetball is ****

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
LOL tim d and tony are the only players that I truly hate.

Get at number eleven the double sticks of death rafer fur coat alston.

miami taking the title this year.
Haha, no love for Tim and Tony? How come?

And yeah, Skip's been good since he came in the league and matured, but his numbers are down since he joined the Heat. He'll probably come around though. As for Miami winning it all... Come on man. XD

They've gotta' survive a beastly top of the east lineup, and even then, they've gotta' beat my Spurs if they make it. No way. lol

jugfingers

Smash Champion
lol its cause im not a fan of big man basketball and tim is the ultimate in big man basketball

can't really pinpoint why I dislike tony, I think its cause I associate him with tim lol.

just wait though dwayne and skip are gonna throw down in playoffs, they're just sandbagging right now

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Ughh. Tough being a Knicks Fan.

Thoughts on A.I being a starter for the all star game? I mean I love the guy but I def dnt think he desereves it. But I guess the fans really love watching him play. Hoping David Lee can get in that reserve spot. Knicks havent had an all star in sooo long

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I don't really see an issue with A.I. being a starter in the All Star game. You said it...the fans really love watching him play. They want a show. The fans are what make this kind of stuff hype.

I figured I'd ask my dad what he thought of it. He said they were probably giving him a proper farewell since he plans on retiring after this season. Makes sense.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Pistons fan here. It was a fun run from the 2001-2002 season through 2007-2008. 6 or 7 straight Eastern Conference Championship Series appearances, 1 NBA Championship, Crazy Ben Wallace blocks, Chauncy Billups clutch shots, Corliss Williamson of the bench. Great years. That trade Dumars made by sending Billups to Denver for A.I was stupid. It completely destroyed the team chemistry and now they are horrible. At least they had a long run though.

That was the past though. I'm glad the Eastern Conference is getting better. Cleveland, Boston, Orlando and Atlanta are good. The Western Conference is tough as well like it has been the last 10 years. If these teams stay hot and keep dominating those that are hot and not allowing parody the 2010 Playoffs should be epic with crazy good teams.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
just wait though dwayne and skip are gonna throw down in playoffs, they're just sandbagging right now
Haha, love the sandbagging. But just getting to the playoffs is the first step, and the Heat will be there. Dwayne Wade is one of those guys who win a game or two on their own in a series... Who knows?

Ughh. Tough being a Knicks Fan.

Thoughts on A.I being a starter for the all star game? I mean I love the guy but I def dnt think he desereves it. But I guess the fans really love watching him play. Hoping David Lee can get in that reserve spot. Knicks havent had an all star in sooo long
Yeah, but ever since they cleaned up their act financially, they're looking pretty good. And in the east, everyone but the Nets are in the mix.
As for A.I., I'm against it, but it is a fan vote. I'm just happy T-Mac didn't make it after all. That would've been flat out ********. I love T-Mac, but he's not playing. You can't go if you don't play.

I don't really see an issue with A.I. being a starter in the All Star game. You said it...the fans really love watching him play. They want a show. The fans are what make this kind of stuff hype.

I figured I'd ask my dad what he thought of it. He said they were probably giving him a proper farewell since he plans on retiring after this season. Makes sense.
That makes sense, actually. People giving him a farewell. I'm okay with something like that I suppose. By the way, on a funny note, Ray Allen recently said he thinks the fan vote should account for 50% of the selection process. I love the idea, but David Stern would never do it. It's nice to hear some fresh ideas though.

I always wanted to be a Clippers fan, but everytime I consider it, they get cursed again xD
Oh man, I know. It's crazy what keeps going on there. I was even hyped for them when they got Blake Griffin and... well... ****. XD

Pistons fan here. It was a fun run from the 2001-2002 season through 2007-2008. 6 or 7 straight Eastern Conference Championship Series appearances, 1 NBA Championship, Crazy Ben Wallace blocks, Chauncy Billups clutch shots, Corliss Williamson of the bench. Great years. That trade Dumars made by sending Billups to Denver for A.I was stupid. It completely destroyed the team chemistry and now they are horrible. At least they had a long run though.

That was the past though. I'm glad the Eastern Conference is getting better. Cleveland, Boston, Orlando and Atlanta are good. The Western Conference is tough as well like it has been the last 10 years. If these teams stay hot and keep dominating those that are hot and not allowing parody the 2010 Playoffs should be epic with crazy good teams.
Hey, I loved that run too. You guys were the Spurs in the East. I loved the competition between the squads. But yeah, sending The Chaunce to Denver for A.I.? I couldn't believe it. I mean, Denver instantly became a contender, and Detroit slipped right off the map. It is good seeing Ben back in a Pistons uniform though.

And the Eastern Conference has some monster teams now, but after Miami, it's a big drop off. There was some talk brought back up this year about making the playoffs include the top 16 teams, not just by conference. If that happens though, only 5 teams would be from the east. Yikes. I will say though, Those top 4 in the east can run with the west any day.

IDK what yall talkin bout except jugfingers. Miami or The Cavs gotta take it.
Haha, just saying the Heat have a hell of a hill to climb. And the Cavs are still good, but to me, they're the same caliber team that they've been for years now. LeBron is a beast, but they haven't improved. It hurts me saying it, but I don't see a future for LeBron in Cleveland.

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
How about the T'Wolves huh? They are terrible, I know. In a few years' time though... What do you all think about them?

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
How about the T'Wolves huh? They are terrible, I know. In a few years' time though... What do you all think about them?
Well, sure they're not doing very good... But you've gotta' remember they're in a rough Western Conference. Oh, and they were missing Kevin Love to injury for a while, right? That's a big loss. The bench is what's killing them though. T'Wolves have a pretty solid starting line-up, but with the exception of Ramon Sessions, there's not a person on that bench I can think of right now. :\

With time though, yeah they can rebuild. A young squad led by Al Jefferson is fine by me. They've just got to get some more talent.

And it could be worse. You could be a Nets fan this year...

im from cleveland to texas back to cleveland. 216 man the cavs looking great this year. I think they can take it.
Haha, I think they can take the east... but Spurs or Lakers in the finals against them? Come on man. :p

In all seriousness though, those are bad matchups for the Cavs. Also, the Magic still have a **** good team, although they picked up Shaq to keep Dwight in check.

5ive

Smash Champion
Been a Raptors fan since I was born.

Bosh having a career year.

Bargnani having a career year.

Jack having a career year.

Team only at .500 ;_;

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Been a Raptors fan since I was born.

Bosh having a career year.

Bargnani having a career year.

Jack having a career year.

Team only at .500 ;_;
I didn't know Bargnani and Jack were doing so good this year, nice. It must be that record throwing things off...

But yeah, Bosh has been playing like a beast. It's a contract year for him though, right? I remember early this year there was some talk about it being possible for D-Wade to join him in Toronto. That's a scary *** thought. lol

5ive

Smash Champion
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Raps just beat LA.
YESSSSSSSSSS BOSH
YESSSSSSSSSS TURK
YESSSSSSSSSS BARGS
YESSSSSSSSSS BELLI
YESSSSSSSSSS JACK
YESSSSSSSSSS DEROZAN
YESSSSSSSSSS CALDE

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
lol @ 5ive's hype. XD

I love when we beat the Lakers too.

At any rate, my reason for posting: NBA trade rumor mill is hard at work again. Hearing rumors about the Spurs making a bid for Amar'e Stoudemire. Yeesh, that'd be sweet.

What rumored deals are being talked about in your team's town?

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Love basketball, play it and watch it. My favorite teams are the houston rockets and the dallas mavericks. Realistically the Celtics are probably going to win the championship this year.

day-day

Smash Ace
I've been a spurs fan since '03 and I'm hoping they make a huge turn around this year. Seriously, we get a lead then blow it to mediocre teams like the bulls. Idk if Jefferson isn't getting the way the spurs play defense or what. Heard that Philly and San An are talking about a trade for Dalembert and Igoudala so that could turn out well for us. :)
It'll most likely be Boston vs Lakers or Denver in the finals though.
In the eastern conference: Orlando hasn't been the same since Hedo left, Atlanta will probably make it to the 2nd round again before getting knocked off, Miami will be lucky to make it to the 2nd round, which leaves Cleavland. Don't get me wrong they're a good team but knowing their history they'll most likely choke again. Probably get knocked off in the 2nd round by Orlando or something. If they make it to the eastern finals they'll get knocked off by Boston.
In the west though it'll get interesting, of course the favorite is Lakers but it would be funny if Denver went to the finals. :laugh:
Utah won't be holding on to that 4th seed for long though I'll tell you that much.
Can't wait to hear all the boos at the all-star game when they announce Duncan though since he's starting over Dirk NoSOFTski. lol

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
Haha, I think they can take the east... but Spurs or Lakers in the finals against them? Come on man. :p

In all seriousness though, those are bad matchups for the Cavs. Also, the Magic still have a **** good team, although they picked up Shaq to keep Dwight in check.

Man dwight is overrated. I think it was Pietus and turkoloo that hurt us last year. Boston celtics is the team to look out for this year. Also we got at the lakers twice already this year so we can play with them. We should have the better record lol but it only by %tage anyway.
The spurs have to step it up before they can play with us.
I think last year we burned out but everyone wants it this year. I see shaq as more of a veteran to light a fire under our *** and make sure we got more resolve.

day-day

Smash Ace
Man dwight is overrated. I think it was Pietus and turkoloo that hurt us last year. Boston celtics is the team to look out for this year. Also we got at the lakers twice already this year so we can play with them. We should have the better record lol but it only by %tage anyway.
The spurs have to step it up before they can play with us.
I think last year we burned out but everyone wants it this year. I see shaq as more of a veteran to light a fire under our *** and make sure we got more resolve.
Pietrus was doing a pretty good job on LeBron that whole series and Rashard Lewis and Hedo layed down a whipping with the threes. Plus Dwight manhandled Varejao and Ilgauskas. Boston may be the team that CLE needs to worry about but ATL is who BOS needs to worry about after the hawks swept the celt's last night for the year. Don't forget what happened last season though Masmasher, the magic beat the lakers twice and look what happened in the finals.
Spurs def. need to step it up though because I'd love for them to sweep the Cav's again ;)
I remember what Mo Williams said last season, "We'll come back in game 4 and win it all". Loved what happened after that lmao :p

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Pietrus was doing a pretty good job on LeBron that whole series and Rashard Lewis and Hedo layed down a whipping with the threes. Plus Dwight manhandled Varejao and Ilgauskas. Boston may be the team that CLE needs to worry about but ATL is who BOS needs to worry about after the hawks swept the celt's last night for the year. Don't forget what happened last season though Masmasher, the magic beat the lakers twice and look what happened in the finals.
Spurs def. need to step it up though because I'd love for them to sweep the Cav's again ;)
I remember what Mo Williams said last season, "We'll come back in game 4 and win it all". Loved what happened after that lmao :p
All of this is true. Boston got shocked by the hawks last year though. I just think while our matchups arent all that good against the magic we got more experience. Dwight and pietrus look lonely this year. I really think that Ilgauskas needs to do some cardio cause he is REALLY slow. As for the lakers i think that kobe still looks tired from last year. Denvers been playing really weird this year so i dont know what to expect from them. I hated game 4 so much lol it was painful.

day-day

Smash Ace
All of this is true. Boston got shocked by the hawks last year though. I just think while our matchups arent all that good against the magic we got more experience. Dwight and pietrus look lonely this year. I really think that Ilgauskas needs to do some cardio cause he is REALLY slow. As for the lakers i think that kobe still looks tired from last year. Denvers been playing really weird this year so i dont know what to expect from them. I hated game 4 so much lol it was painful.
Lol The one team BOS fears the most, the Hawks who a couple of years ago was just simply known as the team that comes and goes in the playoffs. I agree with Dwight and Pietrus looking lonely, they never get enough touches with vince carter shooting every 2 seconds. I also find it sad that as long as JJ Redick's been in the league he has a 55 rating in 2K10 cause he never get's to play. The magic this year just aren't the same team they were last year. Ilgauskas needs to do like Duncan did and swim for most of the summer, helped Timmy a lot and he's as mobile as ever. Kobe's probably tired all the time because he has to pick up the slack for his lazy team mates. The reason the brought in Artest was so he could stop Pierce, Melo, and James which hasn't worked at all. Fisher can't guard a PG anymoreif his life depended on it. Bynum(whose really lazy) and Gasoft are getting pushed around like it's nothing and everyone else besides Odom are scrubs. Denver will probably be the sleeper team of the year and could possibly knock off LA.
Which part you hate most? The part where Rashard did the turn around last second 3? lol

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Lol The one team BOS fears the most, the Hawks who a couple of years ago was just simply known as the team that comes and goes in the playoffs. I agree with Dwight and Pietrus looking lonely, they never get enough touches with vince carter shooting every 2 seconds. I also find it sad that as long as JJ Redick's been in the league he has a 55 rating in 2K10 cause he never get's to play. The magic this year just aren't the same team they were last year. Ilgauskas needs to do like Duncan did and swim for most of the summer, helped Timmy a lot and he's as mobile as ever. Kobe's probably tired all the time because he has to pick up the slack for his lazy team mates. The reason the brought in Artest was so he could stop Pierce, Melo, and James which hasn't worked at all. Fisher can't guard a PG anymoreif his life depended on it. Bynum(whose really lazy) and Gasoft are getting pushed around like it's nothing and everyone else besides Odom are scrubs. Denver will probably be the sleeper team of the year and could possibly knock off LA.
Which part you hate most? The part where Rashard did the turn around last second 3? lol
Yeah definetly the last part. I was just shocked that he was hitting all game even with coverage. Lol artest doesnt show till the last few minutes of a game and hes really inconsistant. I definetly agree with denver being a sleeeper. They are a good team even without Carmello.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I'm def a Cavs fan.
They're looking pretty sweet this year, especially with Shaq to add some more height to the team. I'm not gonna jinx it, but they might just be the team to beat this year.

day-day

Smash Ace
Shaq's probably the biggest addition that the Cav's have gotten besides LBJ. Let's face it, if you guys didn't get Shaq then CLE would have probably gotten bounced in the playoffs again. Has CLE played ORL yet this year? I'm not sure if they have.
I'm pretty sure the one thing most of us can all agree on is...BEAT LA! Because nothings better than watching Fisher cry and Kobe being a brat haha
One day though, SA will return to dominance! :chuckle:
Well here's today's games:
DEN @ SAS (Go spurs go!)
LAL @ BOS (Want BOS to win cause Ray Allen's my fav. player)
LAC @ CLE (Don't sleep on the clipps is all I have to say)
ORL @ DET (DET will likely win cause ORL can't beat DET for some reason)
PHI @ NJN (Most likely PHI)
IND @ TOR (Most likely TOR)
PHX @ HOU (I'd rather HOU win cause I can't stand PHX lol)
NYK @ MIN (Who knows? Could swing either way..)
GSW @ OKC (I'm going for OKC)
Predictions?

Gaara♥

Smash Master
Lakers is where its at!! It's sad to think any other team stands a chance.... unless its the Trailblazers (LOL) or the Cavaliers ( ... )

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Yeah...Shaq definatly is helping our chances. A LOT.
Getting him was also a big morale boost for the team, IMO

day-day

Smash Ace
Only thing CLE will probably need to worry about is health and running out of steam. Am I the only one though who hates the King James nickname? Considering the fact that the only accomplishments James has is a MVP title and a trip to the finals. I think James is a good player and all but I just hate how pumped up ESPN, NBA, etc. make him out to be.
EDIT: Now I've seen some cr*ptastic late game calls in my day but the one in the last few seconds of the LAL @ BOS game was ungravy. For those who didn't watch it here's what happened about 30 sec. left (BOS up 1) and Pierce drives it in. Artest is defending Pierce and Pierce does a push-off which causes a offensive foul. From there that leads to a Kobe clutch shot and Ray Allen's missed 3 to win the game. Now as much as superstar players like Kobe and LeBron get away with it (Don't act like they don't LA and CLE fans) why is it that when Pierce does it he get's caught with it? Eh, what's done is done but BOS will be back with a vengeance when they play in LA.
Plus the Spurs lost bad too so there goes Ed's pride..

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Lol I'll live with that dumb nickname until he starts being terrible. Until then, he can be the king (with a very bad taste in baseball teams) for all i care.
...Though the billboard is a bit much....

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Haha, I've been gone for like, 3 days, and this thread doubled in size. That's awesome.

Good to see someone leading the discussions though, Day-Day! Spurs fans are just too good at this. XD

To recap on the things I missed though...
Cavs: LeBron is a beast of a player, on a relatively bad team otherwise. The hype he gets is warranted in my opinion, since he fills the stat sheet in more ways than most can. I still think Kobe's better as a scorer, but I'd rather have LeBron on my team. As for Shaq, he's not too much of an improvement, to me. He's a defensive presence on rival centers, but against teams that don't focus on that position, he's a liability. He's a more savvy Big Z to me.

Magic: I agree Dwight's had a down year, but I wasn't expecting last year's numbers again. They're wildly inconsistent, but they're still a **** good team. Vince Carter, Jameer Nelson, Dwight Howard, Rashard Lewis... those are some names I'd fear in the playoffs. I think they're better than they've been playing.

Celtics: They're not as strong as they were before. They were a freakin' hurricane 2 seasons ago, but they've slowed. Rondo's become a monster point guard, but they still look mightily mediocre lately, and that's cause for concern. I do think they can beat any team in the league though.

Hawks: Definitely the sleeper team in the East. They can beat anyone, and with Joe Johnson and Josh Smith putting in the work they have been... Teams better get scurred.

Spurs: I still think we're better than our record shows, and we don't normally play championship ball until after the All-Star break... But I can't help but cringe when I see us win every game against teams under .500, and lose almost all of them against teams over it. I'll just trust that Pop knows what he's doing, and that we're just being the same old Spurs.

Lakers: Still the team to beat, but they are vulnerable, and it's showing. Kobe's the only shining star lately, and it seems like he's just sewing every body part that falls off of him back on. He's not physically fit, so he's either gotta' rest, or wear himself down.

Denver: I don't really think they're a sleeper team anymore. They can flat out play, and they represent everything tough about the West. They're deep, they've got stars, they can play D, and they're hungry. Nobody wants to play them in the playoffs.

OKC: All I can say is finally. Kevin Durant is a monster, and the cast around him is young, but good. They're sitting at 9th place in the West, and this is my sleeper team. NO is going to be without Chris Paul for a month now while he heals an injury, and they WILL NOT hold off the Thunder from reaching their first playoffs. However, if they only get the 8th spot, they have to play the Lakers... so yeah... But Durant and Bryant in the first round would be great.

On a more grim note... Does anybody think the Nets can win 9 games this year? The record is currently held by the '72 Sixers when they went a tragic 9-73 on the season. The Nets are 4-42 this year. More than halfway there in games, but not in wins...
Can they do it? I don't know if it's possible anymore...

5ive

Smash Champion
Raptors have 5 straight wins. Their next games are

Tue, Feb 2 @ Indiana
Wed, Feb 3 New Jersey
Sun, Feb 7 Sacramento
Wed, Feb 10 Philadelphia
Wed, Feb 17 Memphis 7:00 PM
Fri, Feb 19 @ New Jersey 8:00 PM
Sat, Feb 20 Washington 7:00 PM
Wed, Feb 24 Portland 7:00 PM
Fri, Feb 26 Cleveland 7:00 PM
Sun, Feb 28 @ Oklahoma City

I only see them losing to Cleveland. We're 4.5 games back behind Boston...omfg.

realgm said:
We got ourselves a pretty dynamic one of a kind teams in the nba. We have two very good point guards in Jarrett Jack & Jose Calderon. Both team guys understand what it takes to win and run a team. That's not something easy to find these days and both shoot the lights out. Our center can shoot 3's mobile enough to guard guard's, and is a good defender and shot blocker. Oh ya did I forget? He can take it to the hoop too. Our best player can hit jumpers, attacks the basket at will & gets opposing players into foul trouble. Our Small Forward brings up the ball and makes plays like a point guard. Oh, and not afraid to make big shot in the game. DeRozan is a mature 21yr who understands his role with the team. Good shooter and not afraid of contact. Then we go to the bench.

The bench loads of talent. I can't wait to see the rugged Reggie Evans. Anyone who actually saw him play in the summer league he's exactly the type of guy we've been waiting for since the days of Oakley and JYD. He is going to be a HUGE fan fav in this city. He never quits and that's something we can all appreciate. Amir Johnson if BC can lock him up in the summer. We would have a real nice 23yr prospect who has the talent to develop. The same can be said for Sonny Weems who is 24yrs and provides athletic ability. The flashy 24yr Belinelli can shoot the lights out and be very crafty with the ball. Wright the 26yr also provides that good defense and has been improving his shot.

Depending on the development of our young players, which pretty means our whole team. We can be a pretty dangerous team and when the Celtics, the Cavs (LBJ Knick rebuild) dwindle down we can move in with the likes of the Hawks, and Magic.

Think Bosh is thinking this after the season? I guess thats' up to how we perform in the playoffs, but even if we don't win the 1st series I think we have the pieces in place to over come that next year.

day-day

Smash Ace
Yup, someone's gotta keep things going around here :chuckle:
Cavs: As much as I hate to say it, Lebron's a beast. Cavs are the team to beat in the east and probably the whole league in general. The question is though can the Cav's keep up the steam throughout the playoffs? Another good question is what will happen if the Cav's fail again? Does Lebron go to NY or what? If he does leave it'll be a very dark day in Cleveland

Magic: I was rooting for them last year in the playoffs and finals and was sad that they pretty much ran out of steam and gave up. Nelson should not have been playing that series as the Alston-Johnson rotation was working well for them. Even though they're at a rocky point I still think they have a shot at going to the finals again.

Celtics: Idk if it's just me but after yesterday's game I think KG needs to be sat down cause you can tell the knee is still bothering him. His D isn't as good either as he got manhandled by Bynum. Sit KG down or limit his minutes more till the knee get's better. I lol'd at a article on ESPN saying that maybe it's time to trade Ray Allen and break up the big 3. I'm no C's fan but that's a idiotic idea. Just cause Ray's having another shooting slump and missed a 3 means it's time to trade him? Come on now. Allen was doing the best he could to contain Kobe during the last seconds but Kobe made the shot. What Doc should have done was keep Rondo in there because face it, none of LA's PG's could guard him. Rondo got what he wanted inside. Lol at Artest running into the 3rd row of the stands and acting like he was dazed, oscar for him :bee:

Hawks: Hawks are playing the best basketball they've ever played. Come playoff time they'll be readier than ever for ORL and CLE. Will they win, maybe, maybe not. Crawford for 6th man of the year def.

Spurs: I'm hoping the rodeo trip will get them back on track and you can tell we need Parker back. Letting Chauncey shoot all those 3's was just embarrasing. Even K-Mart knocked down a 3 to add more injury to the wound. On the plus side though it's nice to see Hill and Blair stepping up when needed. :)
Tiago needs to get on down to the spurs next season as well cause the guy's looking mad nice from this highlight video. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aszI1ETzII4">Tiago Splitter</a>

Lakers: I see a big injury or two coming to LA. Kobe's wearing himself out cause he knows Vujacic, Farmar, Walton, etc. aren't contributing much to the team. Bynum made KG look like a rookie yesterday too, as for you Artest. I'm voting for you in next years Golden Globes you fiendish actor you..lol

Denver: DEN's doing DEN. Whooping teams and taking names, they want a rematch with the lakers and all of LA knows it. If it comes down to them in the WCF I'm going for DEN. Hopefully one day 'Melo will get a MVP or a ring. :urg:

OKC: They're finally get some respect and it's about time. Give them a couple more years and they could possible get really deep into the finals or something. Durant is a beast though, no one's stopping him.

Will the Net's win at least 9? There's still another half of the season and they could possibly do it. I think they're getting ready to move to BX though since that russian guy whose buying them is supposed to meet with the NBA this week.

day-day

Smash Ace
In case no ones heard the news in the NBA world, Cleavland just picked up Antawn Jamison and Sebastian Telfair. Certainly helps there chances of not choking again in the playoffs like they always do.
Did anyone watch all star weekend btw? This years was pretty bad imo, Shannon Brown no wait excuse me CLOWN had all that hype going into the slam dunk contest and failed. All Star game was okay in some parts but slow in others.
Slow but okay weekend for the NBA I guess :ohwell:

Smash Journeyman
Who does everybody predict will get Rookie of the Year?

Brandon Jennings is my favorite to watch but Tyreke Evans looks pretty good right now. I got to see him play in highschool in person. He was amazing.

day-day

Smash Ace
The dunk contest was terrible. It's not fun without Howard.

Speaking of which, his three in the All-Star game was hilarious.

I think I remember hearing that the D-League's dunk contest was more exciting then the NBA's. They pretty much just threw folks in there.
Watch out now, might see Howard shoot a 3 in the playoffs lol jk
@2001, I want Dejuan Blair to win it but I doubt he will. It'll be either Jennings or Evans.

Top Bottom