• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

jugfingers

Smash Champion
usually when a team is up by thirty you stop watching,
but I wanted to see every second of that massacre and soak in it's exquisite beauty.

I hope they wreck them like that in LA

jugfingers

Smash Champion
I hope Thunder lose after hearing Kenny say that Durant is gonna be the best player in the league in 3 years : ).
do you even know who kevin durant is??

he pretty much is already the best player in the league.

in terms of scoring he was the undisputed champion this year, kids only 21 its his second year in the league lol.

It's unlikely that he won't be the best player in the league in a few years.

he has a much smoother shot than lebron can get up higher, and has far better handles.

the only thing lebron has over durant is strength.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Speaking of Lebron the Cavs won today and quite easily. I hadn't watched an NBA televised game in Chicago for a long time besides the epic Celtics/Bulls 1st round series last year. Glad to see that court hasn't changed since the Jordan/Pippen/Rodman days and that the Bulls still play at the United Center.

The Cavs have the series. Looking forward to round 2. I believe Boston beats Miami and then there will be an epic Celtics/Cavs series.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
do you even know who kevin durant is??

he pretty much is already the best player in the league.

in terms of scoring he was the undisputed champion this year, kids only 21 its his second year in the league lol.

It's unlikely that he won't be the best player in the league in a few years.

he has a much smoother shot than lebron can get up higher, and has far better handles.

the only thing lebron has over durant is strength.
Durant is a better scorer. Lebron is a better player. Do you see Durant **** near averaging a triple double? No. Lebron is averaging 7 assists, 8 rebounds and 29 points a game. He has more than just strength over this guy. Also, he cannot get up higher than Lebron and it's his third year.

And he is not "pretty much the best player in the league".

jugfingers

Smash Champion
Durant is a better scorer. Lebron is a better player. Do you see Durant **** near averaging a triple double? No. Lebron is averaging 7 assists, 8 rebounds and 29 points a game. He has more than just strength over this guy. Also, he cannot get up higher than Lebron and it's his third year.
http://www.smashboards.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=10126143
And he is not "pretty much the best player in the league".
ok lebron is better than durant, I was just spouting hype.

but I mean its lebron.

Durant is good though, he has incredible potential with his size and skill.

and his shot....mmmmm boy so smooth.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Speaking of Lebron the Cavs won today and quite easily. I hadn't watched an NBA televised game in Chicago for a long time besides the epic Celtics/Bulls 1st round series last year. Glad to see that court hasn't changed since the Jordan/Pippen/Rodman days and that the Bulls still play at the United Center.

The Cavs have the series. Looking forward to round 2. I believe Boston beats Miami and then there will be an epic Celtics/Cavs series.
This post. I like it :3
Cavs did awesome today
A little shaky at first with their shots, but by the second half, they definatly pulled it together.

cutter

Smash Champion
As a Blazers fan, it was so frustrating seeing them completely ravaged by injuries, yet somehow still making it into the playoffs.

Unfortunately, the Suns have it figured out now, and pretty much have the series locked down. I don't see the Blazers really pulling any more sorts of surprises -- from the game 1 shocker to the unexpected Brandon Roy back into the lineup. Blazers had the Suns' number during the regular season, but that really doesn't matter at all considering the postseason is what really matters.

As for Durant... please. Don't get me started. You guys have NO IDEA how painful it is to see the dichotomy between him and Oden. I still remember when everyone was saying Oden was, "A can't-miss draft pick, once in a lifetime player, FREAK OF NATURE. No way you could miss!"

And look at what's happening now lol. Durant is turning into a superstar overnight, while Oden is the second coming of Sam Bowie.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Reviving thread, Confrence semis in progress. Magic look so ****ing dominant right now, glad I have them winning the title cuz they are ****ting on ATL hard. Got them in 5

I think the Spurs can bounce back against the Suns, but its gonna be really tough if Richardson keeps playing as well as he is. SA in 7

Cavs/Celtics dnt really care cuz the Magic are taking either team out anyway in the confrence finals. CLE in 6

And finally any team that plays against LA I become a fan of, call me hater...its not bothering me at all. Not expecting much from Utah but Im rooting for them regardless, lets hope they can steal game 2 especially after the game 1 meltdown. Maybe theyll make it interesting because they're a really good home team. For the sake of hating the Lakers...Utah in 7

Everyone else's thoughts?

jugfingers

Smash Champion
I also cheer for everyteam playing against the lakers, unless it's san antonio.

but yea cavs better not lose to the celts so they can rematch orlando who are going to dominate atl.

I kinda hope cav's meet up with the lakers in the finals, and then crush them.

Jane

Smash Hero
so much **** lol.

i hope the celts can bring it back though. the only reason i like the cavs is MO WILLIAMS

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
i would love for suns to beat the lakers! but realistically, i don't see it happening :-/. hope cavs knock out the celtics. i think cavs v magic would be more interesting than magic v celtics.

Smash Master
Phoenix loses in 5. (Gasol + Bynum getting 2 pts every time will beat Phx shooters getting 3 half the time.)

Cavs win in 7. (LBJ is just playing too good. You can make adjustments to contain Rondo [try Jamario Moon] but they can't touch James)

Orlando wins in 6. (Basically the same way it went down last year. Shaq/Z can't guard Dwight which frees up shooters)

LA wins in 5. (Gasol or Bynum or Odom will have free parking on Lewis. Howard can't do anything finessey with a second shot blocker in the paint, and he'll get tired going for the power move every time, especially since he'll have to be quick on defense as well)

Now a month later I'll get to lol at this, one way or the other.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Phoenix loses in 5. (Gasol + Bynum getting 2 pts every time will beat Phx shooters getting 3 half the time.)

Cavs win in 7. (LBJ is just playing too good. You can make adjustments to contain Rondo [try Jamario Moon] but they can't touch James)

Orlando wins in 6. (Basically the same way it went down last year. Shaq/Z can't guard Dwight which frees up shooters)

LA wins in 5. (Gasol or Bynum or Odom will have free parking on Lewis. Howard can't do anything finessey with a second shot blocker in the paint, and he'll get tired going for the power move every time, especially since he'll have to be quick on defense as well)

Now a month later I'll get to lol at this, one way or the other.
i can agree with most of this except for the dwight howard part. dwight is not an offensive machine. you put a large, solid body up against him
no homo lol
and he's not gonna perform as well. kendrick perkins did a good job against him last year and shaq's better than him...better than perkins, not dwight

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Not looking that way anymore, bro. The Cavs are playing like a bunch of sellouts tonight, especially LeBron. I don't even remember the last time he drove to the basket tonight. Just throwing up a bunch of bricks...

The rest of the team isn't doing anything as well. It's depressing just how much the Cavs have improved over the years and they always end up choking near the end.

*sigh*...

BEHR

Smash Hero
Get ***** Cavs.

Suns in 7 or if they play good D like they did against the Spurs.

Boston in 6 against Cavs

and Boston in 7 against Orlando.

Suns in 6 Finals against Orlando.

Smash Master
I said 7; it's not over yet for Cleveland. LBJ's gotta be well-rested after that half-hearted effort, and I doubt he's going to shoot that poorly again. They just have to play defense. It's not like they can't do it. All Boston's guys have been contained for the majority of the series (except maybe Rondo); just not at the same time. Who knows? Maybe his teammates will realize they better step up if they want him to stay next year.

Shaq's not going to do well against Dwight. He's lazy, and Howard's going to make him work on defense. Dwight's offense has improved since last year.

Edit: Lebron got to the line 10 times last night, so it's not like he's just bricking jumpshots.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Only 10 times? That's peanuts compared to his normal effort of attacking the basket, which he should have done more of instead of throwing up bricked long range twos and threes all night. No matter how you look at it, him only having 15 points and not even a double-double is a sad thing to witness. His passes were pretty bad too. It'ssad when a coach has to bench his best player for anything other than a needed rest, but LeBron did so bad that he was benched just for the hell of it. The Cavs had waaaay too many turnovers. And what the hell is with them letting Rondo get to the basket so easily? They need to check his little *** with a HARD foul to make him think twice about just charging in there.

Also...Mike Brown needs to realize that Anthony Parker cannot guard Rondo. He is way too slow and as a result he stays about 5-7 feet away from Rondo probably out of precaution that he'll get crossed. But any way you slice it that is way too much room to give a point guard if you're defending him. Mike needs to put someone on Rondo who can actually keep up with him like Mo (more often), Daniel Gibson (who I thought did an excellent job guarding Rondo and should get more minutes), or even Sebastian Telfair. AP is getting way too many minutes for such a speed handicap mismatch.

Our inside lineup could use some work as well. First of all...why does Mike keep Antawn Jamison on Kevin Garnett? He is no match for him, plain and simple. JJ Hickson and Andy Varejao both need more minutes, and a little more Shaq and Z wouldn't hurt. Why is Jamario Moon benched so much? He has a solid shot, amazing hops, and good speed so he can definitely stretch the Boston defense.

AP and Jamison are both defensive liabilities in this series, and if they continue to get the crazy amount of minutes that they do...Cleveland is done for. Mike Brown's bench is too deep and skilled to limit himself down to just a select few. He needs to rotate to cover matchups better like he did in the regular season. Cavs also need to stop slacking off on defense and on their offense in general and get their heads in the game, because Boston always plays hard and I admire that about their team.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
lmao the problem with cavs is that our smaller people can hustle but they get trounced by biger people meanwhile all our big people that have coverage are too ****ing slow .lmao we can only set them there and watch them get whooped by turnovers,fast breaks and pick rolls all which is happening

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
...Well that was a load of fail last night.
I am disappoint with the Cavs :/ It was honestly painful to watch. I had to actually leave the room because it was starting to make me really angry xD;

Top Bottom