• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

Mugen Infinity

Smash Apprentice
Nate Robinson got traded to the Celtics. We might actually see him play some meaningful minutes for once in his career now!

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
In case no ones heard the news in the NBA world, Cleavland just picked up Antawn Jamison and Sebastian Telfair. Certainly helps there chances of not choking again in the playoffs like they always do.
Did anyone watch all star weekend btw? This years was pretty bad imo, Shannon Brown no wait excuse me CLOWN had all that hype going into the slam dunk contest and failed. All Star game was okay in some parts but slow in others.
Slow but okay weekend for the NBA I guess :ohwell:
And we're definetly not complaining in Ohio :3
Though, we lost Z :/ Sure, he wasn't the best...but he's Z. And he had a huge fanbase.

...Well...as long as we can do better...we NEED to win...
Cleveland's morale will DIE without Lebron.
And then we'll have to wait for the Browns to actually do something right. Or for the Indians to get a good team again like in '07.

5ive

Smash Champion
And we're definetly not complaining in Ohio :3
Though, we lost Z :/ Sure, he wasn't the best...but he's Z. And he had a huge fanbase.

...Well...as long as we can do better...we NEED to win...
Cleveland's morale will DIE without Lebron.
And then we'll have to wait for the Browns to actually do something right. Or for the Indians to get a good team again like in '07.
Cleveland is buying his contract out in 30 days. Don't say bye to him just yet.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Well Cleveland is hoping the Wizards just buy-out big Z's contract and then Z re-signs with Cle which would be incredible for them. Ive heard that Dallas would pursue Z as well if his contract is bought out, and he wouldnt have to wait the 30 days to re-sign with the Cavs. It'll be interesting but I def dnt see him playing for Washinton

All-Star Game/Rookie v Sophmore never has any defence, at least in the 1st half. And Im actually happy for Nate because as Knicks fan its good to see him play for a good team lol and you could tell NY really didnt want him there anyway.

Speaking of NY lol T-Mac...we kinda jus threw in the towel this season with that trade. Not expecting us to do any better and Jeffries was playing so good for us and he's gone. Just looking forward to the off season right now cuz were gonna have 30 million in cap space so hopefully we can sign 2 big names...and then things will finally start to look up

Also extremely happy David Lee was an All-Star. I defnitly think he desereved it

BEHR

Smash Hero
Lakers/Denver vs Cleveland/Boston

Finals.

Houston get Kevin Martin good **** DM ***** NY lol.

Next Year

Aaron
Ariza
Kevin Martin
Yao
Scola

Good **** Houston. <3

Smash Master
It's a shame they could never get Artest, TMac, Yao, and Battier together. That would have been legit broken.

Wade needs help in Miami. He and Lebron need to get together. I don't care what team they end up playing for.

day-day

Smash Ace
I don't think big Z can come back to the Cavs, I remember hearing something that Stern won't allow Z to resign back with the Cavs. I remember Hubie Brown (That's his name right?) saying that CLE might be in trouble at the 5. He was saying that currently you can rotate between Varejao and Shaq at the 5 but what will happen if one of them gets injured? You know you can't play Shaq too long before he get's tired so whose gonna be the back up 5?
I seriously think DEN could knock off LA and go to the finals. They've shown they can play with CLE and BOS pretty well.
Looks like another long year for the Spurs...time to rebuild I suppose. We can't even beat sub .500 teams :(
@1048576: It'll cost a really pretty penny to have LeBron and Wade on the same team. If it does happen then that's probably a automatic championship. Wade needs a lot of help though down there in MIA.

Smash Master
The heat have a ton of cap space. They should straight up sign a player like Amare and still be under, Pat Riley says he's just waiting for the right opportunity to come along. If something like that could happen, you just fill out your roster with hungry vets and bam, instant championship

(unless the refs give it to the lakers again)

BEHR

Smash Hero
Lebron stays in Cleveland.

Wade stays in Miami, Amare Signs with them.

Bosh Goes To Dallas or Houston.

Joe Johnson stays if ATL does good during the playoffs.

BEHR

Smash Hero
It's a shame they could never get Artest, TMac, Yao, and Battier together. That would have been legit broken.

Wade needs help in Miami. He and Lebron need to get together. I don't care what team they end up playing for.
yuh Defense wins Championships.

But it happens.

Just hope Next Season will be a good playoff season.

day-day

Smash Ace
Why?! WHY! Did we get Jefferson, we should have waited and got Amare or maybe Bosh or Johnson if we had the salary cap.
If I could go back I'd stop the Spurs GM from getting RJ. He can't even do anything coming off the bench which is just pitiful. :mad:

BEHR

Smash Hero
Wow Houston is really pissing me off with this ****ty playing right now.

Cant blame them tho.

Big Trade,Lots of injuries,Need to find New Chemistry.

Just hoping for next year.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Steph is goin to get traded.

Charlotte should get him he is a hometown hero and his dad played for the Hornets when he was in Charlotte.

day-day

Smash Ace
While it was nice to see SA win yesterday the game that was upsetting was the DEN @ LA game. All the Laker fans on the espn boards were upset because Den shot more free throws then them. From what I saw Nuggets were attacking the basket on drives and fastbreaks and they got the contact. Not their fault that Gasol, Bynum, etc. has to try to block everything under the sun. Some of Anthony's fouls were ridiculous too, when they did the replay on the foul that fouled Anthony out I couldn't help but laugh. Push-off? Seriously? Artest pratically had Anthony's arm in a arm lock, last time I checked you're not allowed to hang on to someone's arm. Oh yeah Artest should get best supporting actor for his acting, as big as this guy is why does he make bewildered looks on his face when Anthony's trying to get positioned on him? Nugg's pretty much went cold in the 2nd half and lost with all those turnovers. Dunno what Chauncey was thinking with some of those passes and at the end they tried to be like the Magic and chuck up 3's. I have the feeling that when LA goes to DEN next month Denver will blow the doors off of them and you know what? I'm gonna laugh the whole time.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Denver would beat them.

I think Ron played amazing defense on Melo.

Really Ron is the only one on the Lakers I like.

Well only cause he plays great defense and he was a Rocket. lol

day-day

Smash Ace
He's a amazing actor as well, everyone knows he plays off the petty fouls really well. Remember the Paul Pierce push off? I'll admit it was a push off but I highly doubt Pierce pushed him to where he's falling all in the stands lol

Smash Master
I can't understand why anyone would be a Spurs fan right now. Ginobli flops like a soccer player. Robert Horry and Bruce Bowen are hella dirty (there's a ton of video compilations out there if you care to look for them) and Tim Duncan gives the refs a face of exasperation every time he touches the ball and doesn't end up at the foul line.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Well Horry doesnt play for the Spurs now...

Horry is a Legend.

And Soccer players hardly flop its a tough sport.

Tho Scola flops lol

BEHR

Smash Hero
lol alright you got me.

yuh techs for obvious flops would be great

Nike.

Smash Hero
Last day of the regular season guys! I made a graph with every possible scenario in the tight western conference seeding nightmare.

Gonna be a really exciting night. Suns at Jazz game tonight on TNT. There both playing their hearts out.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
The playoffs should be very interesting this year. Seeds haven't been fully determined yet so I'm going to wait on making most my predictions: however I have a few in mind.

Clevland wins the Championship: Got Shaq and Lebron. If Lebron goes to another team this will be Clevelands last chance. Plus Shaq's goal was to "Give the king a ring"

Bulls will hold onto the 8 seed. The Raptors will win their last game, but so will Chicago. Toronto should have beaten Chicago last weekend to have been in their position.

The West is a toss-up. Until seeds are sorted out I'm not going to predict anything. Dallas, Phoenix, Utah, Portland and San Antonio. Good teams. Then there is LA Lakers. Not many games separate these teams.

Don't pick the Celtics to win it all. IT'S A TRAP!!!!

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
Wow what a season!
anyways i hope that cleveland can go all the way this year im on the look out for the magic of course who seems to have a great second half just like the cavs if you notice carter always comes in late hopefully when we add shaq and lebron back into the lineup we will be able to contend with them.

Bostons is ehh... they are off and on. they have shown a big problem finishing out games though they were able to get us in the end last game. though doc rivers coaching future has come into question. shouldnt affect thm much this year but who knows...

Lakers are inconsistent this year...Kobe sitting out games has had a effect on the chemistry of the team. sometimes with him raging at his teamates. you can see fatigue and he seems alone out there at times.
Denver will be their toughest challenge and im not sure what they will do.

I say this now...in a couple of years the bulls, OK thunder and the warriors are gonna be national title contenders and top seeds.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I got Denver vs. Phoenix in the Western Conference Finals and Orlando vs. Cleveland in the Eastern Finals. I've got Denver vs. Clevland in the NBA Finals with Cleveland taking it in 6.

Smash Master
I saw Denver and LA play to within two points when Kobe was sitting the whole game. I really am not holding my breath for Denver to win that series.

I think Orlando's going to beat Cleveland again. Shaq is just as slow as Z, and that's what killed them last year.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Since Rockets arent in

Rootin for Suns,Bobcats, and OKC to do good. :'] oh and Denver.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Terrible season for the Knicks, didnt expect anything out of them anyway post trade deadline. TMac is so washed up and I dnt think any all star free agent is going to wanna play there next year. I guess I can still dream though

As far as postseason goes Im just not trying to see the Lakers win it again. Joahkim Noah gets my approval for at least sticking by his original statements. Mil/Atl could have been real interesting had Andrew Bogut not been injured. I dnt think Den can make a run without George Karl calling the shots.

The West is just so stacked this year, all 8 playoff teams winning 50 games is something else but I still think LA is going to come out of there. I expect the Finals to be a rematch of last year but I think Orlando can take it this year. Magic have way more depth in Pietrus,Williams,Gortat,Reddick whereas the Lakers have like Odom and uhhh Brown/Farmar? I think the Magic have it this time around

S

smash brawl player 99021

Pssh. Celtics have this wrapped up. Hell, with Allen getting all those 3-pointers last night, I wouldn't be suprised to see Garnett benched more. D:

Top Bottom