• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2 Good Gaming @ CSULB feat. something

Charoo

Smash Champion
CHAMP'S CSULB BIWEEKLIES
IT'S MAYLAY BAYBEE

for brawl details: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8896
stream:
Results: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=2661398

I. What is Champ's CSULB Biweeklies?
A place where smashers can come and play some smash every other week

II. WHEN/WHERE?

CSULB
P.E. Building Room 58
California State University, Long Beach
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, California 90840

Directions:

PARK ON PALO VERDE AVENUE!!! FOR FREE
IF YOU WANT TO BE RIGHT NEXT DOOR THEN PARK AT LOT 3 BUT IT WILL COST YOU $4

From South
* Take the 5 South
* Take the 605 South
* Take the 22 West (the freeway ends)
* Turn Right at W Campus Drive
* Continue to E State University Drive
* Turn Right at Merriam Way
* Turn Right into Parking Lot 3
* Pay $4 to Park

From North
* Take the 5 North
* Take the 73 North
* Take the 405 North
* Take the 22 West (the freeway ends)
* Turn Right at W Campus Drive
* Continue to E State University Drive
* Turn Right at Merriam Way
* Turn Right into Parking Lot 3
* Pay $4 to Park

street view from street parking:

III. The Background Story
The Long Beach area scene never existed back then or now. One of my smash goal was to create one so that people can come and play smash. This is going to be it, and I hope everybody can make it!

IV. MONEY ISSUES

Entry fees:
VenuE fee: $5 (must be paid by anyone entering the venue; will be charged the day of the tournament)
NOTE: If you bring a full set up then you get the venue fee off! If you only bring a tv or cube/wii then you get $2 off. Only if we use it though.
Singles: $5
Teams: $10 per team ($5 per person)
WHEN YOU PAY, YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR BOTH YOU AND YOUR PARTNER!

Payouts:

Singles:
1st - 58% of pot
2nd - 28% of pot
3rd - 9% of pot
4th - 5% of pot

Doubles/ Mid Tier:
1st - 60% of pot
2nd - 30% of pot
3rd - 10% of pot

I feel that singles should be top four to extend payout. This will encourage players to attend and try harder, or at least that's what I think anyways.

Spectators

Anyone who spectates will have to pay a $2 in place of the venue fee. And they should not expect the right to play friendlies anytime during the day. You may play friendlies during the morning and evening, but never when the tournament is actually going on. That's a right that you earn by entering the tournament.

Not trying to rip anyone off or anything, but the staff are putting a ton of effort towards running this event, and showing up but not entering puts a strain on our resources without contributing anything to the tournament itself (whereas a player contributes competition, atmosphere, etc.). It's kinda like crashing a party you weren't invited to.

Please encourage your spectating friends to respect me and the entrants who paid by not playing friendlies during the tournament.

V. EVENTS
Doubles Bracket
Singles Bracket

VI. SCHEDULE
10:00AM - Door Open + Registration Starts
12:00PM - Doubles Registration Closes, LATE FEE STARTS FOR DOUBLES
12:30PM - Doubles Bracket Starts
1:30PM - Singles Registration closes, LATE FEE STARTS FOR SINGLES
2:00PM - Singles Bracket Starts
7:30PM - Clean up and tourney ends
8:00 PM - Building closes and thanks for coming!!!

VII. RULES
General (apply to all events unless otherwise noted):

* Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order. The higher slot strike first.
* Items are set to off.
* Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.
*One ban per player per set. To be chosen after loss.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
*You cannot go back to the last stage you won in a set, unless agreed upon by the other player. (Modified Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.
* Wobbling is banned.
* There will be no ties in any tournament. Anyone refusing to play any Match (including the finals) will be disqualified and forfeit all rights to any titles or prizes they might have otherwise earned for that tournament.
* Collusion of any kind with your competitors is considered cheating. If the Tournament Director determines that any competitor is colluding to manipulate the results or intentionally under performing, the collaborating players may be immediately disqualified. This determination is to be made at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director. Anyone disqualified in this manner forfeits all rights to any titles or prizes they might have otherwise earned for that tournament.
* Late Arrival Rule - If you want to enter after registration closes, you will have to pay $5 more for venue fee ($10 total). NO EXCEPTION!

Brackets:

* Bracket matches are best 2 of 3, 4 stock.
* 8 minute time limit.
* Winners' bracket finals, losers' bracket finals, and championship sets are all best 3 of 5. Losers semi will also be 3 out of 5 for SINGLES ONLY

Stages:

*Neutrals

Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland 64
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams (1v1 only)
Pokemon Stadium (2v2 only)

*Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle 64
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

NOTE: Pokemon Stadium is only neutral for 2v2. It's a counter pick for 1v1. Fountain of Dreams is only neutral for 1v1 and it's ban for 2v2 due to lag.

Misc:

* The DQ rules is as follow
2 min late: a warning
5 min late: loss of a match
10 min late: loss of the set
This will be enforced judiciously.
I will dq both players if they both don't come there on time. Trust me, you don't want that to happen
* In the event an invalid rule setting is discovered: only the current game of the set will be replayed. If the setting is discovered between games, the last game will be replayed. Under no circumstances will an entire set be re-done because of a wrong rule setting. This goes for team attack, damage ratio, random stage, counterpick, and time limit settings.

VII. TRAVEL INFORMATION

Long Beach Airport is the closest airport to this.
Both OCTA and LBT transit stops right where CSULB is so that's an option too.

IX. FREE ENTRY
At every tournament. One person will get a free entry to the next tournament by earning the most point! You get 1 point for doing one of these activities:
- Report the winner of the match to us for any set
- Find the players that was call to play and make them play
- Tell us that a TV is free that we can use to call a match
I'm doing this because it's impossible for me to know what's going on everywhere in the tournament at once. By helping me out, not only will the tournament run faster, you will also get a free entry to the next tournament for being helpful. Thanks!

X. EQUIPMENT
WE WILL ALWAYS HAVE AT LEAST 10 SET UPS GUARANTEE EVEN IF NOBODY BRINGS ANY!
PLEASE HELP WITH EQUIPMENT! We will need many TVs and GameCubes to make this tournament a success. Please post if you can supply ANYTHING to help run the tournament better! I want at least 16 set-ups!

TVS:
1. Champ
2. Champ
3. Champ
4. Champ
5. Champ
6. Champ
7. Champ
8. Champ
9. Champ
10. Champ
11. Champ

Wiis/Cubes:
1. Champ
2. Champ
3. Champ
4. Champ
5. Champ
6. Champ
7. Champ
8. Champ
9. Champ
10. Champ
11. Champ

XI. Contact Info
AIM: Xuerarit
Phone: (562) 552 - 4903

WE WILL ALWAYS HAVE LIVE STREAM AND A PROJECTOR

Charoo

Smash Champion
i'll try my best

PLEASE ATTEND THIS! I wanted it for 2/6 but the school screwed me over and I already sign the papers grrrrr.

Anyways, I will have 10 set ups always with live stream and a projector. Please come support this!

parking is free on weekend!

Squidster

Smash Ace
how much does the venue cost?
Entry fees:
VenuE fee: $5 (must be paid by anyone entering the venue; will be charged the day of the tournament)
NOTE: If you bring a full set up then you get the venue fee off! If you only bring a tv or cube/wii then you get $2 off
why is this on sunday?
PLEASE ATTEND THIS! I wanted it for 2/6 but the school screwed me over and I already sign the papers grrrrr.
vvvvvvvvvvv

Lovage

Smash Hero
i don't mean how much is our venue fee? i mean how much does the room hes renting cost. just wanna know where the money goes cuz 5 is a lot for socal

Charoo

Smash Champion
i thought 5 dollar was standard?

To be honest, the money is going to a club that I'm working with to make this happen. I'm not making anything from this because I'm not in any club.

I had to do a lot of paper work and convince the school and the club that this isn't just for us to play smash and it's actually educational.

Any money that we make automatically go to the fundraiser for the club and can only be use through the school bank.

So yeah, I'm sorry if it's too much but I'm not making anything at all. It was the only way to start a biweekly.

In other news, just bring a set up and no venue fee.

macD come enter singles!

oh yeah it's on sunday because the school was dumb. I asked for saturday and they gave me sunday. Anything after this will be saturday always though. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dodger

Smash Ace
I'm going to try and make it to this.

Oh wait, this sunday is the super bowl. ****, can't go. :-/

Charoo

Smash Champion
wait this is sunday? whoops

i work 2-6:30 on sunday :(
aww ok

the rest of the biweekly will be on saturday like it's suppose to. Freaking CSULB lady turn the paper in with a wrong date =_=

MacD

Banned via Administration
that's cool if this turns into a legit bi weekly on sat's

i'm hopefully going to start working 9:30-12:30 on sat's which means i'll just get off a little early and come

Charoo

Smash Champion
Get rid of wobbling!

But maybe, I'll see. Anyone wanna team?
i forgot to change that. Wobbling is ban since the next big tourney MJ2 will have it ban.

Wobbles the person is definitely welcome though!

oh yeah, I highly encourage every1 to enter TVC. It's only a dollar and it's a very fun game. There will be a TVC at every biweekly where the prize is free entry. Even if one person enters, they still get the free entry!

IT'S TATSU BAYBEE

DJMirror

Smash Master
I thought ken moved to the Midwest

Sveet saw him and played him in tournament

MarthPwnzer-

Smash Apprentice
I will try my best to make it, but super bowl may take priority. I'm sure its going to rock though.
:]

DJMirror

Smash Master
WTF?!?!!? wtf is this correct grammar ****?!

who was on jasons account? (LOL <3)
you guys are dumb when i'm like serious about something i dont type like a fob

i know that i'm currently making alot of mistakes right now haha

Charoo

Smash Champion
last i heard. Ken plays brawl now ...

don't shoot me!!!

he have trouble switching between both games

for superbowl...

I WILL PUT THE SUPERBOWL ON THE PROJECTOR SO THIS WILL BE EPIC!!! IT'S A BIG SCREEN WITH SMASH AND SUPERBOWL!!!

TOO GOOD

this will be the only tourney with brawl too because I need to hit the quota to convince the club that it's legit. The next biweekly (2/20) will be melee only and so on.

WE WILL ALWAYS HAVE A PROJECTOR + LIVE STREAM + 10 SET UPS+!!!

D

Deleted member

Hey

What time do you think Melee will end?

I might come if it ends fairly early

Top Bottom