• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WALLSTREET Presents: Crewfest 2! April 3, 2010! (MD/VA Event!)

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255

Presents..
CREWFEST 2
"Prepare for MLG!"
An MD/VA Tournament!

Featuring the Official MLG Ruleset!
Saturday April 3, 2010
Please confirm so I know how many TV's to aquire.

Address:
10817 Tidewater TRL Suite 125
Fredericksburg VA, 22408

For Directions Click the link below and enter your Address:
Mapquest Directions

--Or Just use Google Maps--​

Tournament Events:
1. Doubles Tournament
2. Intermission
3. Singles Tournament
4. Draft Crews (1st/2nd Place Winners of Singles become Captains)
6. Low Tier Tourney (If there is enough interest)

*Please Note: Once your Tourney match is complete, get up and move on. If you fail to do so I will turn off the wii and you will be removed from the station.

Possible Low Tier Tournament takes place after all Events are over.

Official MLG Ruleset:

• Players may not use a controller with Turbo capabilities or Wireless capabilities. Controllers with Turbo capabilities allow Players to map a button sequence to the Turbo button. Pressing that button results in their Character performing a set of actions that would normally require the Player to press multiple buttons.
  • Players may not use a controller that has been modified in such a way that it alters their Character’s abilities and/or in-game mechanics. Players may not use a controller that has been modified to include a Turbo button. Players are allowed to make cosmetic changes to their controller, however, Major League Gaming reserves the right to deny the use of any controller suspected of providing an unfair competitive advantage.
  • Players may not attach a headset to the Wii or TV.
  • Players/Teams who break General Rules #1-3 will be given a Warning. Each subsequent Warning that a Player/Team receives will result in a Forfeit of the Game (See Gameplay #3).
  • Players may not intentionally manipulate a button, trigger, bumper, D-Pad, and/or joystick on a teammate’s controller while a Game is in progress. Breaking this rule will result in a Forfeit of the Game.
  • Players may not appear on the Main Stage or Feature Station with sponsor insignia that is not approved by MLG or conflicts with MLG sponsors. Players may be asked to wear MLG apparel for Main Stage and Feature Station Matches.
  • In the case of a Wii/TV malfunction, the Game will be restarted from the beginning.
  • No Warm-Up Games may be played outside of scheduled Warm-Up periods.
  • During scheduled Warm-Up periods, all Games must be played with three Stock or less.
  • During scheduled Warm-Up periods, all Players must get up at the end of a Game and allow any Players, who have been waiting, to take their seat.
  • Players who break General Rules #8-10 may be given a Foul (See Pro Circuit Conduct Rules).
  • If a Player/Team fails to report to their Station within 5 minutes of their Match’s announcement, they will Forfeit the 1st Game. 10 minutes after the announcement, a Player/Team will Forfeit the Best of 3 Game Match or the 2nd Game of the Best of 5/7/11 Game Match. 15 minutes after the announcement, a Player/Team will Forfeit the Best of 5, Best of 7, or Best of 11 Game Match. If both Players/Teams Forfeit the Match, the higher seeded Player/Team will win the Match.
  • Players/Teams may Forfeit a Game or Match if a Player leaves their Station without their Referee’s permission, or is otherwise unable to play. Referees may set a time limit for a Player who has requested that they be allowed to leave their Station, however, Referees may also deny a Player’s request to leave their Station. Players/Teams may Forfeit a Game or Match if a Player hasn’t returned by the end of their Referee’s set time limit.

Official MLG Gameplay Rules:
  • No use of Marth’s Grab Release Infinites against Lucas and Ness.
  • No use of King Dedede’s Grab Infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario.
  • Players/Teams who break Gameplay Rules #1-2 will be given a Warning. Each subsequent Warning that a Player/Team receives will result in a Forfeit of the Game (See General Rules #4).
  • No use of Meta Knight’s Infinite Cape Glitch.
  • No Pausing a Game without Referee’s permission.
  • No use of an action that freezes a Game, or otherwise disrupts standard gameplay.
  • Any Infinite Move must end before the affected Character reaches 300%.
  • Breaking any of Gameplay Rules #4-7 will result in a Forfeit of the Game.
  • Any sign of cheating may result in a Forfeit of the Game, disqualification from the Event, and ejection from the venue. Players who are disqualified from the Event won’t receive any Rank Points for their ranking in the Event.
  • In the 1v1 Event, the higher seeded Player must choose their Controller Port first. The lower seeded Player may use any of the remaining Controller Ports. In the 1v1 Finals, the Player without a Match loss must choose their Controller Port first. In the 1v1 Finals, the Player with a Match loss may use any of the remaining Controller Ports.
  • In the 2v2 Event, the higher seeded Team must choose one Controller Port first. The lower seeded Team must then choose two Controller Ports. The higher seeded Team must use the Controller Port that wasn’t chosen.
  • Players may request a Blind Pick of Characters for the Game 1 of a Match.
  • For Game 1 of each Match, the higher seeded Player/Team must strike three Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The lower seeded Player/Team must then strike 4 Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The higher seeded Player/Team must then choose the Game 1 Stage from the remaining Starter Stages.
  • After the Stage has been selected for Game 1 of a Match, each Player may select one Stage, from the list of Starter Stages or Counter-Pick Stages, that can’t be chosen for Games 2-11. The lower seeded Player will be given the opportunity to select a Stage first. The higher seeded Player will then be given the opportunity to select a Stage.
  • The loser of a Game must select the Stage for the next Game. The Stage for Games 2-11 can be selected from the list of Starter Stages or Counter-Pick Stages.
  • After the Stage a Game 2-11 has been selected, the winner of the previous Game must select their Character(s), for the upcoming Game, first. The loser of the Game must then choose their Character(s) for the upcoming Game.
  • If the Timer runs out, the winner of the Game will be determined by the following criteria in this order: Stock and Percentage. If Stock is used to determine a winner, the highest number will win. If Percentage is used to determine a winner, the lowest number will win. If both Stock and Percentage are tied, Sudden Death won’t be used and a Tiebreaker Round will be played instead. In a Tiebreaker Round, Stock will be set to 1, the Timer will be set to 4 Minutes, and the same Stage and Characters must be used.
  • If the Timer runs out and a Player exceeds the Edge Grab Limit for that Game’s Stage, that Player/Team will Forfeit the Game. However, if the Timer runs out and both Players in a 1v1 Match, or at least one Player on each 2v2 Team, exceed the Edge Grab Limit for that Game’s Stage, the penalty will not be enforced (See Gameplay Rules #16). The Edge Grab Limit on Norfair will be 45. The Edge Grab Limit on all other Stages will be 35. The Edge Grab Limits only apply to Games/Tiebreaker Rounds in which the Timer runs out.
  • If a Game is started without the approval of a Referee it will be restarted.
  • Players may take one or more of their teammate’s Stock.

1v1 Settings
Rules = Stock
Stock = 3
Timer = 8 Minutes
Items = Off & None

2v2 Settings
Rules = Stock
Stock = 3
Timer = 8 Minutes
Items = Off & None
Team Attack = On

Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick Stages:
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Pricing:
$10.00 Venue Fee
$10.00 Singles
$20.00 Doubles ($10.00 per person)
$3-10 Crews
$1-10 Draft Crews

Schedule (Tournament Times following Brawl Doubles may change depending on attendance)

10:00am: Sage Mantis Game Gaven Opens
12:00am: Registration Opens
1:00-2:00pm: Brawl Doubles Tournament Begins!
--When Doubles end, 30-60 minute Break for Crew Battles and/or Money Matches.
3:00-4:00pm: Brawl Singles Begin! (Depending on finishing time of Doubles)
5:30-6:00pm: Crew Battles/DraftCrews
--From here on, you may choose to chill and play friendlies, money matches, or Draft Crews for as long as 3:00am! (Unless Bolt wants to close shop earlier for sleep or partying.)

Schedule Note: Get plenty of sleep people because our venue doesn't have a closing time!

Food:
Sage Mantis Game Haven is located right next to a Bloom, Fratellis, and a Subway. If you are not interested in Pizza or subs, Bloom will have anything that you desire. There is a microwave available in the venue as well incase you decide to purchase a frozen dinner. :) We also have plenty of Snacks and Drinks available in the Venue.

Wii/Controllers:

Just like any Smash Event, we must ask that you bring your own controller to play with. As for the Wii's, The first 5 players to bring a Wii/Game (all characters and stages unlocked) will have their Venue fee half off!

Televisions:

Unlike most other smash venues, we have plenty of HDTV's available, we never use those due to the lagg complaints but we have 5 Regular TV's on standby at all times. If you wish to bring your own TV to help things run faster, it would be greatly appreciated.

NOTE: Game Haven has an Elite Team dedicated to playing Smash and are always looking for competition. So do our crew a favor and come show us your skill cause we could use the challenge. ;)

Sage Manits Game Haven Crew: Wall Street
- Bolt, MattiX, Forte, Oath, Oh, and Lykieos.
Official Crew Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225558

If you have any other questions regarding the Tournament or the Venue, feel free to contact Bolt at one of the following:

Cell Phone: (540)604-6168 (Text Preferably)
AIM Screen Name: IL Bolt LI
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/boltanion
E-Mail: Boltanion@live.com

Also, keep in mind that Sage Mantis Game Haven is an Xbox360/Ps3/PC Lan Center and regularly participates in various iGames events. If you are interested in coming down to play anything other than Smash, you are always welcome to join us!

Setup's List: 4 TV's are already available.

1. Bolt - Wii
2. Sage - Wii
3. Oh. - Wii
4. Lykieos - Wii

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Reserved For Updates and Confirmation List​

Anything in Yellow in the OP of this thread is to be considered. Keep checking here for updates regarding these matters.

If you are a newcomer to the way things work for events, please refer to one of the players below highlighted in Royal Blue, these people are familiar with running Tournaments and should be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

-----------

Banned Players:

1. Skylink
2. Sin

Confirmed Coming List:

1. Bolt
2. Karcist
3. Lykieos
4. Oh.
5. Mattix
6. Omni
7. Forte
8. Oath / Fraud
9. Tantalus
10. EEVisu
11. Bert
12. Glyph
13. MattyP
14. BMX
15. Matador
16. JBandit
17. D0N
18. Kadaj
19. Famous
20. Chudat
21. SOVAman
22. Korn
23. NKB
24. Sassy
25. Taj
26. GIMR
27. TwentyTwo
28. ESOJ
29. Candy
30. Logic
31. LFN
32. Hey its Yo
33. LlamaPaste
34. Coney
35. Hova
36. Amon
37. Lie
38. Meep
39. Aex7reme
40. BetaZealot

D0N

Smash Ace
yay fredericksburg.

maybe. if i come then kadaj/famous may also.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Okay count me and my brother in.

I am just starting in Tournaments and this one sounds great. I wonder who I will use though. I got plenty of time to practice.

Can't wait now.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Are we actually crew battling Originals?
lol no.. thats just another one of my Copy/Paste typo's. I'll fix it, my bad Chris. False alarm lol..

@ JBandit - Glad to see this community grow. Look forward to meeting you and your brother. Whats your brother's smash tagg so I may add him to the confirmation list?

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
If I can make it, we can work out team stuff about that time. Just gotta make sure I can make it to this one ha.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Alright so Aqua Teen proposes a challenge to FNB during Crewfest 2! Intermission spot has been filled so long as FNB accepts.

Matador, look forward to having you come.

Karcist

Smash Journeyman
Alright so Aqua Teen proposes a challenge to FNB during Crewfest 2! Intermission spot has been filled so long as FNB accepts.

Matador, look forward to having you come.
It will be weird seeing BMX on the other side of the fence. haha. But yeah I should be there.

ChuDat

Smash Master
H2YL will be taking this tournament.

Bolt, I propose that you take out "(MD/VA Event!)" from the title and make it "(VA Event!)".

Using the "(MD/VA Event!)" strategy to bring in people is hurtful to the other MD/VA tournament organizers, in my opinion.

*This was posted to create hype, unnecessary ChuDat Drama (Trade Marked! LMAO), and get more people to post.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
lol@ben talkin like fnb cares

besides matador none of us had shown any interest yet ;o

(I just found this thread. /interest)

SOVAman

Smash Hero
No interest?

maybe you fear the greatest of ATHF

Matador is a trooper the rest of you are peasants to matador's greatness

Top Bottom