• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WALLSTREET Presents: Crewfest 2! April 3, 2010! (MD/VA Event!)

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
I host lots of crap. :(

Anyways, I'm down to crew battle the metaknight force, so long as japes and norfair are out for that event. 2 bans doesn't help. It just means you gotta ban those 2 so you don't get to ban a normal CP, so the metaknight is free to go to rainbow or wherever. Personally, I think pictochat is more reasonable as a CP than those two, Japes being the least legit of the 3.

But the point is, I intend to come!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
You do understand that crew battles are played on neutrals, right?

Actually I think it would be mildly entertaining to require our crew to use MK, whoever plays.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I host lots of crap. :(

Anyways, I'm down to crew battle the metaknight force, so long as japes and norfair are out for that event. 2 bans doesn't help. It just means you gotta ban those 2 so you don't get to ban a normal CP, so the metaknight is free to go to rainbow or wherever. Personally, I think pictochat is more reasonable as a CP than those two, Japes being the least legit of the 3.

But the point is, I intend to come!
I haven't decided on those stages yet, but for the crew battle they will both be illegal. So fear not the MK Force.

@ Lil B - I swear, somedays your cool and somedays you can be a little biatch. But I still love me some lil B. No homo. Phil's cool in person, but on the boards he's a f@gg just like 70% of the people on these boards. :laugh:

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
if i can go, which is a highly unlikely then i'd crew battle. The tourney is a little expensive along w/ the crews so idk.

not like I'll make it anyway lol

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Phil is just a **** to everyone in general on the boards, super internet warrior go, even to me

we yell at each other all the time, its hilarious

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
md/va is full of trolls lol

btw, wifi tournies do count if you're getting a blue name I think

10 glyph

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
All of the people who go to the Workshop's social either make reference to Glyph and Hiemie somehow xD I never got the joke though.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Its the best joke ever.

Just roll with it and put 10 glyphs in all your posts so I can namesearch them and feel loved.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
LOL bert I hope you got better, so we can improve from last time. LOL wrist johns are not cool at all!!! I had fun though now that I look back at it...

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Bump -

Crewfest 2 errbody! Who's hyped? Who is ready for more upsets? XD

2009 PR is going down!!! It's time for change! OBAMA!

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Brandon don't bring that arguement into this thread please, nothing will change (atleast not now) until I get a new venue to throw events for. Just come, and enjoy yourself like you do EVERYTIME you come to my events. :p

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Obama wtf, failbama

Bolt try to get the venue lowered to 8, 5 is a lot to ask of your venue right now, so thats why i suggest 8 for the moment, maybe 5 can one day become a reality

I guarantee you'll get a higher attendance and higher entrance rate

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I've tried before Tant, he just won't budge. It has alot to do with the space of the venue. Since the Smash events pulls in 25+ for every event, he "could" be making that + more if people came in and played by the hour, especially being a Saturday.

I'll continue to talk to him about it, but I don't see it happening for this event, if I keep pushing it, I may be able to swing something for the next event.

I've been looking into a really cool venue though, one that will be in the books as one of the best venue's.. so I'll keep you guys posted on that.

@ Brandon - don't worry bout it haha, its all good. SOOVA!

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Gamepad was tite

we should have something there sometime, I liked the owner of that place a lot
I liked the place too, just didn't like the laggy TV's. There is talk of a Gamepad tourney coming up this summer, so just keep your eyes open for that. I believe BertBoxor and MattyP may be running that one.

I'd do it, but ever since I took Smash events to Gamehaven, the owner hasn't been so keen with me.

The venue I'm working on though is not a Lan Center.. but I will say that it will FEEL like MLG so long as everything goes according to plan.. :)

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
Have you tried explaining it mathematically Jayson? I mean all you really need to say is that you have 1 person whose only willing to go if the even is 8 dollar venue. So then you have 3 people who are willing to pay the 10 dollar fee, but 4 people willing to pay the 8 dollar venue fee. That's 30$ vs 32$.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
22 is right, lets look at it in a larger scale:

avg attendance is 30 x 10 = 300
So in terms of the 8 venue, that means to make the same amount of money (30x8 = 240), you need to get 60 more dollars (8 more people)

So your venue drop has to attract simply 8 more people that wouldn't have come before the drop. For a 5 dollar drop, you'd have to double your events. Obviously I don't see that happening at the flick of a switch, so we can start with this.

Top Bottom