• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WALLSTREET Presents: Crewfest 2! April 3, 2010! (MD/VA Event!)

bertboxer

Smash Apprentice
I liked the place too, just didn't like the laggy TV's. There is talk of a Gamepad tourney coming up this summer, so just keep your eyes open for that. I believe BertBoxor and MattyP may be running that one.
bertboxOr?
lol

anyway, yeah
i'm working to get something at gamepad this summer, a return to grace so to speak
keep your ears peeled and thumbs a-quivering for more information regarding it
it will most likely be later in the summer but expect a big deal to be made out of it...by me :)

Oh.

Smash Apprentice
I don't think I can come to this

Lil Brutus you HAVE to be yoshi at this tourney

If this tourney finishes early you guys should come to Ozeki's Japanese steakhouse where I'll be working during the tourney...we have hibachi grills and the chef uses lots of ATs and mindgames when cooking

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
I don't think I can come to this

Lil Brutus you HAVE to be yoshi at this tourney

If this tourney finishes early you guys should come to Ozeki's Japanese steakhouse where I'll be working during the tourney...we have hibachi grills and the chef uses lots of ATs and mindgames when cooking
I'm down........if someone will drive there, I just had another hibachi meal today
but other people would want to go chipotle or some **** instead :urg:

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Sooo I attempted to talk Sage into lowering the venue fee for future events and he didn't like the idea. Sorry guys. I'll just have to keep my eyes open for a new venue.

bertboxer

Smash Apprentice
Why dont we see if gamepad would hold 5 dollar events
i really doubt that
i would love it if we did
but taking up half of the store for a tourney like that all day on a saturday (when business is the busiest) for only $5 would be quite a few lost dollars for the store

NonaNola

Smash Rookie
So far i know that me and three of my friends are coming... but we usually roll deep when we go to ssbb tourneys so there might be a couple more heads.

Karcist

Smash Journeyman
So far i know that me and three of my friends are coming... but we usually roll deep when we go to ssbb tourneys so there might be a couple more heads.
Sweet, I won't be the "new person" anymore. (Not like I am really.. I've been competing for 8 months now but no one really knows who I am)

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
I'll probably be here, unless something comes up. It's basically too close not to go to :p

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
may go to this instead of the VT tourny

it'll be my last tourny in md/va for almost 2 years (moving to FL)

Teams someone good?
Hope you come Kadaj, this will probably be my last event I run as well since I am moving to California sometime between May and July.

I'll probably be here, unless something comes up. It's basically too close not to go to :p
Word? Good to see some new F-Burg faces. :)

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Toasty left SoVA and now Kadaj....

Anyway, I'll try to be at this, I've learned I can't guaruntee myself being at tourneys...EVER so don't be suprised if I come or don't come =/

Just a quick note, I'm not playing even one friendly at this tourney if I come, only MMs or tourney matches. Unless you promise that you won't sandbag and handshake before we friendly so I know you're not lying, I won't play any friendlies. So that means I probably won't friendly most pros, if I take a stock off you, I'm ragequitting, cause I know that means you're sandbagging.

Also, if I'm gonna MM someone and you're playing a friendly, I won't hesitate to unplug your controller after the match, I hate it when people hog TVs when everyone knows that MMs have priority over friendlies. I'll let you have the TV back after the set since I don't intend on playing friendlies anyway.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
Just a quick note, I'm not playing even one friendly at this tourney if I come, only MMs or tourney matches. Unless you promise that you won't sandbag and handshake before we friendly so I know you're not lying, I won't play any friendlies. So that means I probably won't friendly most pros, if I take a stock off you, I'm ragequitting, cause I know that means you're sandbagging.

Also, if I'm gonna MM someone and you're playing a friendly, I won't hesitate to unplug your controller after the match, I hate it when people hog TVs when everyone knows that MMs have priority over friendlies. I'll let you have the TV back after the set since I don't intend on playing friendlies anyway.
kid, don't do this to yourself

...i mean unless if you want to get random punches from people.............

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
@Lil B and Korn

I will be back for holidays and I plan on finding the Smash scene over there in Cali, so when I get back I'll be sure to keep in touch and get the people I care for to get together and Smash it up. :)

@Poyo

You will not be unplugging controllers at any stations for any reason. You will ASK people if you can use the station for a money match. You are not a TO nor do you run the event, therefore you will not be making decisions.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Still, shouldn't MMs have priotiy over friendlies? I find it stupid when people try to hog TVs for their friendlies when I'm trying to MM since I obviously can't during tourney. I have unplugged Seagull and Tristan Win's controllers before cause they were hogging the TV for friendlies when I had an MM. They said it was a set, but like 5 matches after they are still playing friendlies, so I'm just like "F*ck it." and I did unplug their controllers.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Well you won't be doing it at my tournament. I want people to enjoy my events, not be kicked off when someone feels they have more priority. Yes, money matches are great, but you must ASK people if you can use the TV if they are already on it. You must understand that this is a video game and should not be taken so seriously all the time. Come tourney time, thats when you should be serious. I don't mind if you money match people Poyo but you will not be kicking people off of stations, that is the job of the TO and the people I choose to assist me.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Obviously I take tourney matches seriously, but the way you're saying it makes it seem like I shouldn't be taking my money matches seriously. I rarely get to goto smash tourneys and when I do I try to make the best out of it, but I find that hard when people hog the TV, I can understand for teams since its 4 people but there's no reason the TV should be hogged for singles friendlies.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Poyo, you make me laugh. I just can't take your seriously, ever. I can't tell.

I'm always flaky for these events, but this time I should be coming! I probably won't go out to eat afterwards though unless we finish really early (8pm or so)

Zage

Smash Journeyman
Obviously I take tourney matches seriously, but the way you're saying it makes it seem like I shouldn't be taking my money matches seriously. I rarely get to goto smash tourneys and when I do I try to make the best out of it, but I find that hard when people hog the TV, I can understand for teams since its 4 people but there's no reason the TV should be hogged for singles friendlies.
O gawd, if you're going maybe I should. Although I haven't played brawl in god knows how long because I'm addicted to Blazblue. :bigrocket

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hey im bringing LFN and Ice to this event. If Ice decides to come and not be with his gf every second of the day.

LFN, Ice, and I are training like crazy cuz we don't wanna be knocked out so early though with three of us...one of us will have to go without a partner for teams. D:

Though if we do get knocked oh well we are just there for fun ;P

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
We should still ozeki it up after if it finishes early
I'm so down for ozeki.........

if you can drive me and some other people who wants to eat there :o
Ozeki's is like $20+ per person. I'm sure the winners of events would be down, but I'd shoot for somewhere cheaper if I were you guys.

Hey im bringing LFN and Ice to this event. If Ice decides to come and not be with his gf every second of the day.

LFN, Ice, and I are training like crazy cuz we don't wanna be knocked out so early though with three of us...one of us will have to go without a partner for teams. D:

Though if we do get knocked oh well we are just there for fun ;P
Awesome, look forward to seeing you guys.

Is there any tourney this weekend? :o
Where is your Majin Avatar! :mad: lol

Top Bottom