• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HEERO Presents: No Ceilings [Sometime before 2012]

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Yeerrrrrr! May 15th

Hey everybody, it's HEERO or Jose for those that know me on a first name basis.

Because I hardly ever get to travel to Melee tourneys, I've decided to start hosting tourneys here in my hometown. Since I'm still pretty new to the scene, this not only gives me a chance to meet more of the community, but to compete more often as well.

Like I said, I'm still fresh on the scene, so I'll definitely be accepting/expecting help from people, especially Vanz, Eggm, and Alukard.

For those coming from NY depending on Public Transportation, you can take the 190 from Port Authority into Passaic and it's $4.40.
Then from Passaic Bus Terminal, you just need to walk to the venue. Google Maps ftw.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou....862057,-74.125185&spn=0.004236,0.010504&z=17

Venue Info:
Elecxperts
55 Market St
Passaic, NJ 07055

The venue is practically twice the size of Alex Strife's Saffron City Series, so in the future when interest in this series rises we can fit more people much easier. Of course the only problem is that the venue only has LCDs, but that's where you guys come in! Bring Set-ups.
I'd like at least 8 to 10 set-ups, to make things run quickly and smoothly.

General Rules & Regulations:
EVERYONE MUST READ THESE!!!

- NO cursing in the store. I know this is hard, but please keep any kind of swearing out of your conversation. This is the stores rules, so please respect them.
- Outside food is allowed in the store, but please don't leave your trash lying around. It not only makes you look bad, but me as well.
- NO REFUNDS! Once you pay, that's it!
- B.Y.O.C. = BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER! The store will not provide a controller for you nor will we.
- We (the store, and T.O.'s in charge) are NOT responsible for anything stolen or any items left behind. If you bring a Wii/Gamecube for us to use, you better keep an eye on it. When you bring your controller, keep it at your side at all costs. We can not be your eyes and ears, you must be responsible for your own stuff.

Schedule
Venue Opens: 11 am
Doubles Starts: 12:30 pm

We have the venue until 10 pm, which should be more than enough time, but if we need anymore time the venue owner is fine with it!
No time limit here!!

Pricing:
Venue - $5!
Singles - $10
Doubles - $20 (10 per person)

Prizes:
Up to 40 people...
1st Place - 60%
2nd Place - 30%
3rd Place - 10%

More than 40 people...
1st Place - 50%
2nd Place - 25%
3rd Place - 15%
4th Place - 10%

Doubles
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Information:
Ruleset
Singles:
- 4 Stocks
- 7 Minutes
- No Items
- Stalling a match is not allowed (such as wall-jumping under Battlefield), but recovery tactics such as Peach's Wall-Bombing, and Jigglypuff's Rising Pound are allowed.
- First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that cannot be used in counter picks.
- Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.
- You may not counter pick a stage you have already won on earlier that set.
- Once a Player/Team bans a stage, it is BANNED from the SET.

Doubles:
- Same standard rules as singles.
- Slightly different stage list as singles.
- Team Attack is on.
- Stock Sharing is allowed.
- NO SUBSTITUTES!!

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
Each Round is best of three matches;
Grand/Losers/Winners Finals are best of five matches

1st) Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2nd) Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3rd) The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
4th) Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter picks of the set
5th) The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Neutral Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6th) The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7th) The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8th) Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
* Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage List:
Singles Neutral Stages
- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams
- Yoshi's Story

Singles Counter Pick Stages
- Kongo Jungle
- Brinstar
- Rainbow Cruise
- Pokemon Stadium

Doubles Neutral Stages
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Dreamland 64
- Battlefield
- Pokemon Stadium

Doubles Counter Pick Stages
- Kongo Jungle
- Brinstar
- Rainbow Cruise

Banned Stages
- Everything Else

Other Rules:
- If there is a tie at the end of the time limit, then the person with more stocks wins. If both players have the same amount of stocks, then the person with the lower percent of damage wins.
- Wobbling is not allowed and results in an immediate loss of that match.
- You will be disqualified if you use any freezing glitches, such as the Ice - Climbers' Freeze Glitch or Mewtwo's Soul Stunner.
- Any non-first party controllers must be inspected by an official before use.
- Performance altering controller modifications are not allowed.
- Pausing in game will result in the loss of a match! If your opponent pauses, be sure you and one witness report to the judges table as soon as it happens.

Contact Info:
Call me @ 862.219.2582 if you need help getting to the venue the day of the tourney.
**Texting is fine**
AIM: Hey Jose Says

Eggm

Smash Hero
Sweet this is pretty close to saffron's and since they are ending this seems like a good replacement. Jose I"ll help by bringing mad setups. I'll let the others take care of the TOing. :) Hows parking at this venue? Does it have its own parking lot?

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
I'm in there!

+1 Hype

the other Passaic smashers better be here too
Lol they all play Brawl!
I'm the only Passaician that plays Melee :/

Also, the venue doesn't have it's own parking lot, but there's lots of parking around. The Brawl kids all found parking around the venue pretty easily from what I saw.

_kSo_

Smash Master
You should go party that your semester is over =D.

Thats what I wanna do anyway =/.

Oh right about the tourney...

Yea I'll try to go ^_^
i had to post in here to LOL @ teczero's cardcaptors sig. 222good

I might be there, dunno when my summer internship starts, so we'll see. I will try.

MXXD123

Smash Journeyman
Should be showing up to this, if it's not out by then I'll bring my ProjectM with me for anyone that's curious as to how it is. Oh and repping Pichu at this tourney.

Alukard

Smash Hero
does the venue have street fighter 4/ xbox 360 set up ? ... cuz i'll bring my arcade stick and game and whoever wants the beatin of a life time can bring w.e they play on >=]

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
does the venue have street fighter 4/ xbox 360 set up ? ... cuz i'll bring my arcade stick and game and whoever wants the beatin of a life time can bring w.e they play on >=]
Yeah the venue has a bunch of 360's and PS3's. I think he charges like $5 an hour though.

Idk, last time I had some girl bring her own PS3 BlazBlue set-up and he didn't mind at all.

If you wanna bring SF do it man. I really hope someone brings Super though, I haven't gotten too much time with the game and it looks amazing from what I've seen so far.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Yeah the venue has a bunch of 360's and PS3's. I think he charges like $5 an hour though.

Idk, last time I had some girl bring her own PS3 BlazBlue set-up and he didn't mind at all.

If you wanna bring SF do it man. I really hope someone brings Super though, I haven't gotten too much time with the game and it looks amazing from what I've seen so far.
well thats wat i'm talking about ... regular street fighter is like non existent lol ... its all super now .. because capcom isn't nintendo LOL ... they dont make same name games and the second one ballz

PK Webb

Smash Champion
I can try and get pc there maybe....I would probably have to bribe him with a free ride lol

Cia

das kwl
Lol would you rather I call you the Brawl adolescents?
It's alright, I'm a Brawl kid too, even though I play Melee now XD

Eww... Brawl adolescents. Not even Brawl Grown-Ups sounds right.
I like this font, why did you abandon it.

btw, I'm so glad this is on the 15th. so far, I've got a tournament weekend in may =D

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
I like this font, why did you abandon it.

btw, I'm so glad this is on the 15th. so far, I've got a tournament weekend in may =D
Eh, I just always want my font to match my sig/avatar, but I'm too lazy this time around.
I stole your font because the Blue name got to me >:D

I think I'm gonna go back to Rachel...
aka Haley's font.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Yeah because you never change your avatar/title and sig every ten minutes.

Top Bottom