• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omni Presents: XANADU Games Baltimore, MD July 17th TOMORROW! BE ON TIME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
XANADU Games
http://www.xanadu-games.com/index.php

Address:
Conveniently located off I-95. Less than 5 minutes from UMBC.

Note: Look for the Caton Research Center when arriving by Joh Ave.

3921 Vero Rd Suite B
Baltimore, 21227 MD
410-247-2428

Pricing:
$10 Singles
$10 Doubles
$10 Venue Fee*
*= $5 will be waived for every COMPLETE setup brought in (up to 7)

Payouts:

Doubles
1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

Singles
1st 50%
2nd 25%
3rd 10%
4th 7%
5th 4%/4%
7th and below: A Hug

Rules:
SBR Recommended Ruleset (with tweaks)

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

Schedule: (times may vary slightly)
10:00am: Xanadu Games Opens
12:00am: Registration for Brawl Doubles Begins
1:00pm: Brawl Doubles Tournament Begins
3:00-4:00pm: Brawl Singles Begin

This tournament will run smoothly and promptly so be on time. The venue does not close so although time is not an issue the tournament will run at an efficient speed.

Special notes:
- Chinese food delivery place in area ($10 minimum order) available. Super fast delivery. There's also a nice Mom and Pops Deli in walking distance.
- Bring setups/tv's and confirm attendance in thread!
- Eating is allowed in the venue. Just keep the place clean guys.
- When time permits we will run an official Brawl Draft Crew using the PR for seeding.

Omni Notes:
That should be it. Show your attendance and spirit at this tournament MD/VA. Xanadu Games normally hosts tournaments surrounding Magic, Super Street Fighter IV, CvS2, 3rd Strike, and other games but wants to see the community's interest in Brawl. It is a friendly atmosphere so expect to see MANY new faces for the Brawl Tournament that aren't very common.

BRING SETUPS! Everything will be secured and surveilenced so theft isn't an issue.

If you need to contact me for whatever reason just call my cell: (202) 498-9479

Wiis (12):
NeverKnowsBest (1)
TheTantalus (1)
Lobos (1)
BionicSonic (1)
SnackAttack (1)
Pyronic Star (1)
Bonk (1)
GIMR (1)
TKO (1)
Kaffei (1)
Phillyrider (1)
Coney (1)

TVs (10):
NeverKnowsBest (1)
The Tantalus (1)
Lobos (1)
Pyronic Star (1)
Bonk (1)
GIMR (1)
JCasear (3)
Phillyrider (1)

First SEVEN (7) complete set-ups get $5 off!

Attending (102):
2fast
ADHD
Ally
AlphaZealot
Anti
Aposl
Atomsk
BengalzRZ
BetaZealot
Bionic Sonic
Bonk
Boss
Candy
Chaos0419
ChiboSempai (PA, King's Court)
Chu
Coney
D Man
Deez
Dextasmurf (PA, King's Court)
Doom
EBO
EE
Esoj
g-regulate
GIMR
HeyItsYo
Hime (PA, King's Court)
Hova
Hyrulean21
JayBee
Jbandit
Jcaesar
Jdawg26
Junebug
K9
Kaffei
Kaylo
King Craven
Kingtoon
Korn
Lie
LLOD
Lobos
Malcolm
Meep
MIB
Nasty
NEO
NeverKnowsBest
Nighthawk
Nilik
Noraa
Nova9000
Omni
Orion
P5
Phillyrider
Pink Fresh
Pyronic Star
Rise
rpgfighter
Sanoscy
Sassy
Seagull Man
ShadoFiend
Sin
Slikvik
Smash GOD
Smokey
Smokey Da Bear
SnackAttack
SOVAman
Speed
Squall (PA)
Stingers (NC)
Takeover
Tantalus
Tiger
TKO
TUSM (PA)
UmbreonMow (PA?)
Vanilla Waffle
Vex (PA, King's Court)
Xzax (PA)
Zanna

The venue here is pretty big/roomy. Again, Xanadu wants to see what kind of community Brawl offers so let's show our full support so that we can see more Xanadu's in the future.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I'll be there :)

I can help arrange transportation for the bmore folk

ATHF will fully support this event, i.e. setups, players, hype, computers, livestream if possible, Tio software, assisting with running, etc. So just let me know what you need and we'll help this thing get off it's feet. It's GREAT to finally see something in the Baltimore Area. The last time we did something in Baltimore we had a surprise 82 entrants, we'd love to tap into this player base again.

Omni

BRoomer
Thanks a lot guys.

Also, Tant, you just reminded me.

How would you guys feel about having a professional stream being run at this tournament?

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="300" width="400" id="clip_embed_player_flash" data="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf" bgcolor="#000000"><param name="movie" value="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="auto_play=false&start_volume=25&title=Xanbats S1 Finale live NOW !!!!! Jun 9 2010 at 5:13PM PDT&channel=xanadugames&archive_id=265010711" /></object><br /><a href="http://www.justin.tv/xanadugames#r=UFnv0TE~&s=em" class="trk" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:320px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from Xanadu Games: SSF4 Live! on Justin.tv</a>

from a tournament a few weeks ago

00:57:00 - Highlights Reel
1:50:58 - Highlights Reel #2

i think NFL everytime i see these things, lol.

would you guys want this kind of stream at the tournament? i told them the Brawl Community doesn't stream too much but they're offering anyway if there's an interest

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I'll be bringing a full setup so I can have my venue fee at $5 like I like it.

Omni, you sure there won't be a limit to discounts for setups?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Baltimore? Return of Nate14. Oh ****. I will probably come. Especially since 7th and below gets hugs. (HUG)

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
100% here, with a Wii as well.

edit: ignore this, just read Omni's post. do a stream!!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Omni, if Xanadu can do the livestream, lets do it. Phil and I can commentate, I can provide indepth detail and be prepped with questions for matches coming up, and Phil can provide quality color commentary and bring the depth to the game. Phil plays more characters than I do so he knows most of the popular matchups in the game and a little bit of frame data.

Other people I think are qualified to commentate on the matches: Coney, GIMR, Omni, ESOJ. This way people could get a good flavor of matchups and since a lot of the people coming will be SF players they might not have a good understanding of the game and this might help them out.

Coney

Smash Master
actually if you don't mind omni, i'd like to do solely commentary...not saying that i'd be the only person on it, but i'd like to be on it full time. reason is, i'm apparently going to be doing it for VGBC at apex so i'd like to get a feel for commentating a long event all day

phil will be doing the same AFAIK so if we could get some experience together that'd be all the better

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Coney, solo commentating is dull and stupid

2 people should be on the mic minimum for proper commentary. I can make sure bad people dont get on the mic if im not allowed to commentate (lets face it, im only good for data and statistics) so bad people (you know who you are) wont be allowed.

Omni

BRoomer
We'll discuss commentary at the venue. Don't worry. Everyone will be happy. I'm thinking rotations between Tant, Coney, and Phil would be best. We may also get the Xanadu guys who run the pro-streams to joint commentary with you guys from time to time to get another perspective and to have one of you guys "teach" the stream the fundamentals of what's happening.

who would wanta hug from Omni. Rather hug a rock
awww, don't be like that. <3

but thanks for letting us know that secretly deep down inside you knew you'd get 7th or below if you came down to MD/VA

oooooooo

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
We'll discuss commentary at the venue. Don't worry. Everyone will be happy. I'm thinking rotations between Tant, Coney, and Phil would be best. We may also get the Xanadu guys who run the pro-streams to joint commentary with you guys from time to time to get another perspective and to have one of you guys "teach" the stream the fundamentals of what's happening.

awww, don't be like that. <3

but thanks for letting us know that secretly deep down inside you knew you'd get 7th or below if you came down to MD/VA

oooooooo
I didnt say " I would rather", it was for everyone. kekeke bye ;)

Coney

Smash Master
Coney, solo commentating is dull and stupid
actually if you don't mind omni, i'd like to do solely commentary...not saying that i'd be the only person on it, but i'd like to be on it full time.

by solely commentary i meant not enter and do commentary full-time, probably with other people, especially EE since i think we'll be doing a portion of apex together

in fact i even said it in my post man what happened

Noraa

Smash Lord
xandu ssf4 streams are soooo legittttttt, the venue is dope iv been there a couple times. this will be good.

go omniii >.<

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
i will try and come to this since it is pretty dag on close but idk >_>

i might be busy with some shizz =P

D

Deleted member

steve if you need help count me in since I was the one talking the store owner into having smash events in the first place.

**** up lobos i'll **** your **** lol. only PA players are allowed to say how much PA players blow *** (truth).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom