• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omni Presents: XANADU Games Baltimore, MD July 17th TOMORROW! BE ON TIME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I'll take you on, Max! Get @ my maxed out speed n attack Electrode, thunder bolt then EXPLOSIONNNNNNNNNNNN

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Is this date being changed or still being held on the same day as gamepad? D:

I'd much rather go to this tbh ._.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Im pretty sure there wont be a date change. I talked to omni and he seemed confident that the date wasnt going to change but wait for him to be sure.

Gull, we'll setup a time to practice soon, we have my house and noids that might give opportunity to smashfest.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'll prolly be here. I might try commentating out, if they were cool with it.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
This date better stay the same, its for the MD folk who don't wanna drive 2+ hours for a "local" and those VA **** who love 'em some Inferno Omni. Plus this offers a discount, ****.

I'm aiming for top 7 for once, setting them sights way low, lets goooooooooooo~!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
As long as gull and i keep practicing top 5 should be expected with double mk, anything less is disappointing

As for singles, ill do my best, rofl i seem to always be so close yet so far away

GamePadVA

Smash Apprentice
Is this date being changed or still being held on the same day as gamepad? D:

I'd much rather go to this tbh ._.
We changed our date quite a while ago. The only other competing tournament for this right now is Wallstreet's.

That said, come on down August 21st...we'd love the opportunity to change your mind.

GamePadVA

Smash Apprentice
This date better stay the same, its for the MD folk who don't wanna drive 2+ hours for a "local" and those VA **** who love 'em some Inferno Omni. Plus this offers a discount, ****.

I'm aiming for top 7 for once, setting them sights way low, lets goooooooooooo~!
The "competing" tournaments are 100 miles away. I honestly don't see a need for either of them to change the date.

-Josh

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
The "competing" tournaments are 100 miles away. I honestly don't see a need for either of them to change the date.

-Josh
You obviously don't understand the Smash community then. MD/VA is one region.

Omni, I see you didn't even try to change the date, really uncool.

SOVAman

Smash Hero

No one in Fburg goes more than 3 miles for tourneys anyways

It won't affect your tourney at all

KageMurphy

Smash Master

Word, I'm tired of going up there but they don't come down here, theres always a john. I'm glad this is the same day cause I wasn't going there anyway.

btw you should come to this, sova

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I might have something during this tourney, I just found out.

So I don't know if I will be there

also I am not going to a another FBerg tourney anyways, unless they start showing support for the rest of the region.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255

It will affect the turnout, but theres nothing that will be done so no johns.

Word, I'm tired of going up there but they don't come down here, theres always a john. I'm glad this is the same day cause I wasn't going there anyway.

btw you should come to this, sova
They as in Lykieos, MattyP (who rarely plays) and myself. Oh. doesn't play anymore, and Mattix moved out of Fburg. Everyone else is young and new. I don't go cause I lack funds due to no job and without funds, there is no gas. Lykieos always works, literally.. and MattyP works at the same place.

No Johns, but life is more important than a video game. Maybe you'll learn this too. Also, Lykieos, Myself, and MattyP all have relationships. Do you? If you do, you would understand. Sova.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i may come to this with hova to support a cooter, if there isnt a melee tourney on the same day anyway.

team mms?

Lobos

Smash Master
If life is more important why care if this is on the same day as another video game tournament? lol

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Because having girlfriends makes you understand life better, apparently, so I guess when bolt gets dumped he'll go back into the village with us peasants who don't understand life

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Because having girlfriends makes you understand life better, apparently, so I guess when bolt gets dumped he'll go back into the village with us peasants who don't understand life
I never said it made you understand life better Scott. I just happen to think improving your Smash Game IRL is better than improving in Smash. :p Anyone who is anyone knows that this game hermits you and keeps you from enjoying other aspects of life.. just like any addiction to a game. If you don't feel that way, then you are one of the lucky few. I am not. I enjoy spending time with the people I care for, and those people know how to respect me.

Scott I don't plan on going back to "the village with you peasants" if I get dumped, or something happens between us. This is a game. I used to think of this community as a family, as a whole because we all support each other, venues, events, and so on.. I literally had to fight for this date with another Lan Center even though my thread was out first only to have to deal with this tournament being posted on the same date ANYWAY.

Common Courtesy is non-existent in this community and nobody speaks to anyone with respect anymore. I know I'm not innocent in that matter, but I've been caught up in this corruption and I wish the newcomers to this community the best of luck because once they see a lot of these smashers true colors, they will see where I stand.. or they may not.

I honestly don't even know why I'm ranting about this.. someones just going to troll this and nobody will care. So its whatever. Just for the record, you've become a straight douchebag Scott. It's a shame.

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
I honestly don't even know why I'm ranting about this.. someones just going to troll this and nobody will care. So its whatever. Just for the record, you've become a straight douchebag Scott. It's a shame.
you said it all, and yet you keep ranting.

i can only assume that you stopped it at this point because you got hungry

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer

I talked with the manager, but honestly the current date works the best.
- I announced it in person nearly two weeks in advanced to the community that it was happening. I got a large okay.
- I talked to the manager of the venue about the date and we had it set three weeks in advance.
- This is a good date for everyone to attend in that area.
- The fact that you changed your date for Gamepad and pushed it to another date without checking to see if it was available was not my fault.

So there's nothing really "uncool" about my actions. I've come to several of your tournaments and hyped/supported them; stop being salty and just do the same for mine. Obviously we have a conflict of interest but I'm not going to just give you something like you're the rightful owner of it (a date). You should know by now this is just a business; no hard feelings.

@EE: I'll probably be teaming with Takeover saaawn.

http://www.justin.tv/xanadugames/b/265746159: funny, lol

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I talked with the manager, but honestly the current date works the best.
- I announced it in person nearly two weeks in advanced to the community that it was happening. I got a large okay.
- I talked to the manager of the venue about the date and we had it set three weeks in advance.
- This is a good date for everyone to attend in that area.
- The fact that you changed your date for Gamepad and pushed it to another date without checking to see if it was available was not my fault.

So there's nothing really "uncool" about my actions. I've come to several of your tournaments and hyped/supported them; stop being salty and just do the same for mine. Obviously we have a conflict of interest but I'm not going to just give you something like you're the rightful owner of it (a date). You should know by now this is just a business; no hard feelings.
No hard feelings either Omni, but I never changed my date for Gamepad. I've been announcing crewfest 3 for months, just searched for a solid date.. once I found one, Gamepad tried to say they had their date already set, but because they didnt have the thread up (even though they had their event claimed in with the mall 2 weeks prior) they still had the decentcy to move their date because I had claimed the date first. You didn't have a thread up, talk is talk, I wasn't there.. but it is whatever. You are right, you have supported my events in the past and all I can do is either compete or back down.

EDIT: I'll see what Sage wants to do about a date change so I don't conflict with your event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom