• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alright guys, we've got **** to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
As we all know, Brood just 2-0'd Ally and is sitting in Winners Finals, guaranteed third. This basically gives him the spot at the top as "Best Olimar", which is cool. There's pretty much no way to dispute it now xD And the kid's legit, I'm convinced now. I still don't like the guy, but I respect him as an Olimar.

So it's time we stepped it up. Time we moved as a community, instead of as individuals. It's time we figured out what we're lacking, figure out what we need to improve on. We've in the past used Social Groups to communicate and share information, and attempt to improve. However these two instances failed horribly due to lack of notification of posts, and a lack of activity.

However, I'm going to attempt trying this idea one more time. The main reason being, the Social Groups have had a make over. We're able to make separate threads inside of them, set it to automatically notify you whenever someone posts, and other things. I feel it will be much more efficient and professional and we'll get more done that way rather than in the Olimar Boards as we are now. If others feel this idea is stupid, or we won't get much of anything done, or it'll fail like it has in the past, that's fine. I'll close this thread and abandon the idea.

But it's time we got better, one way or another. And I feel this may be the next step we should take. If nothing else, it'll turn us into a more efficiently run community, which, at the moment, we are not. It'll give us a place to effectively discuss things that are important. We need to get **** done. I have a few projects that I want to work on, and there's several things that we need to start discussing.

So if I can get enough support for this, I'll create the group soon. And I'll personally make sure that it doesn't die, and that it does its job well. If we decide on trying this idea, and creating the group, I'm going to be selective in who I add. Obviously, nobody is going to be added outside of Olimar mains, and I may be a little restrictive in who's added, but barely, we'll see. Let me know if you support this idea. I really want this idea to work, but I need our community's top players to give it their all as well or we're not going to get anywhere.

Zori

Smash Champion
I know how you feel right now but lets beat up on our selfs too bad, (brood ***** me edit)

We would **** harder if we were not so lazy ( im lazy too) i think we should take this and turn it into positive energy and get **** done haha. I'm willing to do the impact site over again if i get some commitment this time and i have a few other projects i wanted to do

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
HILT is right, we gotta get **** done and advance as a community. Instead of putting down other oli's we should all help fix each others weaknesses and show how much potential olimar really has.

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
It's about time that the boards want to take more initiative in furthering the Olimar metagame. I will start contributing a TON more when SoCal gets its act together.

Latias

Smash Journeyman
brood plays homolimar.

But hes very inspirational and everyone is going to pick up oli

Geddan

Smash Ace
it's definitely the mindset, not JUST of the individual but i know that japanese people take a lot of initiative in things they're passionate about as a community. not bashing the community here in the states, but i think as stated earlier, we're definitely really really really lazy. D:

hilt and rich and most of you guys know sooo much about olimar probably more than brood does, i think what we're lacking is the supportive input from the rest of the character boards. brood seems to be able to punish a lot of things in particular matchups and knowing how much the japanese community cultivates their players, i'm sure a lot of what brood knows isn't necessarily from what he's figured out more so than what others have told him from their own character perspective.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
broods playstyle summarized:

INTERCEPT EVERY ATTACK AND NEVER LEAVE LEAVE AN OPENING BY JUMPING OR SOMETHING DUMB, but seriously, he really does make a lot of use with that buffer, punishing things in ways i've never seen, he also never uses airdodge, roll, or spotdodge ever, all he does is shield and do buffered attacks the moment something hits his shield, also, very little shorthop side b

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I know how you feel right now but lets beat up on our selfs too bad, Brood is the best oli as the time being but he hasnt done anything we havent till he beats m2k

We would **** harder if we were not so lazy ( im lazy too) i think we should take this and turn it into positive energy and get **** done haha. I'm willing to do the impact site over again if i get some commitment this time and i have a few other projects i wanted to do
He has now :laugh:

OMFG WE ARE SO FAR BEHIND :cry:

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
I saw this Brood guy early in the tourney and for some reason I thought to myself that he would end up winning the whole thing.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
alright so basically this makes me want to play again, but the problem for me is that it's still boring. any ways to make it not boring? i find myself going back and getting bored before singles even starts. we run doubles first in my area.

Albert.

Smash Master
this****** icy**** ^^^^^ knocked me into losers at this New England tourney in a ****ing warehouse like 6 months ago rofl **** it was so cold lol

Zori

Smash Champion
yup brood ***** best oli

lol at albert trying to start **** i was just stating the facts

Albert.

Smash Master
Zori I wasn't starting ****, I just thought your post was hilarious/accidentally prophesizing.

oh and it was one of your olimar bros that mentioned that first

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I WOULD TOTALLY SUCK BROODS ****, NO JOKE, OMGGGG ahhhh

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
I wish he wud give some advice to other olimars and have someone translate it and post it here!

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
If I had Olimar as a main and not a secondary after Luigi I would be filled with overwhelming happiness right now.
I am :D It fills me with joy to see an Olimar do such a fantastic job. Even if it will bring us a flood of spammers here, it is worth it to have seen an Olimar eliminate M2K from tournament :)

Oh, and I'm in Hilt (forgot to say that when I got here) ^_^

IcyLight

Smash Lord
oh you know whats amazing? brood plays just like i used to but he buffers everything, i didn't. i should switch back to my old playstyle and learn how to buffer xD

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
how exactly do u buffer with olimar? Like what moves are good to be buffered in a match?

Albert.

Smash Master
YES I am remembered, Icy! xD

I think I did decently vs you round 1. But when I'd try and edgeguard you I'd get an pikmin to the face, I'd never played one that good at dealing with gimping

Game 2 you three stocked me lol

Brood is really fast and smooth though, I agree with your buffering analysis lol

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
YES I am remembered, Icy! xD

I think I did decently vs you round 1. But when I'd try and edgeguard you I'd get an pikmin to the face, I'd never played one that good at dealing with gimping

Game 2 you three stocked me lol

Brood is really fast and smooth though, I agree with your buffering analysis lol
I recognize you, but that's just because I've seen you elsewhere :p

Your avatar is adorable

@Bob you can buffer any action during the last 10 frames of any other action, iirc. This is how Falcos can BufferedDACUS out of throws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom