• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alright guys, we've got **** to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
A long while back I threw Wario's Bike in the air and grabbed him and uthrow'd him and duplicated the piranha glitch and killed him because of it

(h)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Oh wow, you really don't know? You probably just don't know it by that name. When you start an up throw, the up throw has to finish. No matter what. Even if the opponent is knocked out of the attack, they will suffer the knockback that they would originally receive from the up throw, at the exact same moment that they would receive it. Well, the glitch was first discovered on Pictochat, when the Piranha Plant appeared. If you up throw, the opponent takes the knockback from the plant mid throw, is launched into the air halfway towards the blast zone, and then the up throw knockback kicks in, sending them straight up. It works with a good portion of the hazards on Pictochat (most notably the skateboard, or whatever it is, the piranha plant, and the left missle). I've also been able to do the glitch to snake when up throwing him while he was holding a grenade. But the timing is tricky. But yeah, I threw wario's bike into the air, lifted him into it, hit him with bike into the air, and killed him with throw.

Guess the glitch should be renamed, since it isn't just done with the Piranha Plant, lol.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Oh wow, you really don't know? You probably just don't know it by that name. When you start an up throw, the up throw has to finish. No matter what. Even if the opponent is knocked out of the attack, they will suffer the knockback that they would originally receive from the up throw, at the exact same moment that they would receive it. Well, the glitch was first discovered on Pictochat, when the Piranha Plant appeared. If you up throw, the opponent takes the knockback from the plant mid throw, is launched into the air halfway towards the blast zone, and then the up throw knockback kicks in, sending them straight up. It works with a good portion of the hazards on Pictochat (most notably the skateboard, or whatever it is, the piranha plant, and the left missle). I've also been able to do the glitch to snake when up throwing him while he was holding a grenade. But the timing is tricky. But yeah, I threw wario's bike into the air, lifted him into it, hit him with bike into the air, and killed him with throw.

Guess the glitch should be renamed, since it isn't just done with the Piranha Plant, lol.
omg, are you serious!? I never knew that! I mean, I always noticed that people had really weird trajectories when I threw them, but I never gave a second thought why :laugh: That's sooo cool, I love the brokenness :D

superlucario

Smash Apprentice
OK guy I am here to learn all the olimar stuff I can learn in as little of time as I can and I have 3 questions

1, What is the best picmen to throw on tilts, smashes and side b.

2, what is the easist ways to tell what picmen is next.

3, why do people think he has no off-stage game

Dnyce

Smash Master
OK guy I am here to learn all the olimar stuff I can learn in as little of time as I can and I have 3 questions

1. Learn how to spell "pikmin" it's posted all over this forum, can't be that hard <.<
Also none of his tilts use pikmin... *sigh*

2. looking at it

3. people are dumb / he has a bad recovery

-Vocal-

Smash Hero

1. If you want to know what they do, the best thing to do is to read the guide, Deflowered (it's a sticky). They all have pros and cons.

2. What Fino said. Also, you can whistle colors to the front. Each time you whistle, the game brings a new color to the front (as long as the color is in your line). The order is red>yellow>blue>white>purple>back to red. If you don't have a color, it skips to the next one you do have.

3. What Fino said

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I'm tempted to make a sticky telling new Olimars to CHECK THE STICKIES.

Should have done that awhile ago.
You could ask Draco to update the Directory with any new important threads and change the title to include "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING;" it'd sure stop a lot of simple questions before they reach us (hopefully)

Greward

Smash Lord
While tether isn't bad, using it grounded is a BAD idea in this matchup, lol. It's too difficult to land it consistently against Warios that know what they're doing, and if you whiff it, he gets to land a dair, fsmash, whaft, etc.
using tether against platform camping should always be done with short hop+tether so they wont punish u easily. obviously use it when theyre landing and its still very situacional but anyways it works

when u hit something with an attack theres an increase of the frames of the attack, so if u dodge for example an wario uses a fsmash it wont hit u unless the fsmash hits the bike or another item so the hitbox lasts longer and itll hit u (i dont actually know its just an example).
we can do something like this, for example, if marth has a pikmin latched on him and fair on our shield we should be able to punish with usmash oos before they can use dancing blade because of the frame increase (even though a good marth would upB if he fairs with a pikmin latched on and if he knew this), we can always shieldgrab peach's fair if she has a pikmin latched on her and hits the pikmin with it and other stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwUvPC5S9Bc
0:30 bike tricks with grab (are u saying this hilt?)

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
using tether against platform camping should always be done with short hop+tether so they wont punish u easily. obviously use it when theyre landing and its still very situacional but anyways it works

when u hit something with an attack theres an increase of the frames of the attack, so if u dodge for example an wario uses a fsmash it wont hit u unless the fsmash hits the bike or another item so the hitbox lasts longer and itll hit u (i dont actually know its just an example).
we can do something like this, for example, if marth has a pikmin latched on him and fair on our shield we should be able to punish with usmash oos before they can use dancing blade because of the frame increase (even though a good marth would upB if he fairs with a pikmin latched on and if he knew this), we can always shieldgrab peach's fair if she has a pikmin latched on her and hits the pikmin with it and other stuff

*facepalm at self*

Why didn't anyone think of this sooner? And by this I meant the hitlag extension caused by pikmin - I feel so blind now!

Someone (I think Rich) mentioned a theory about how latched pikmin disrupt momentum canceling for some characters due to the hitlag extension. Is Greward the first to point this use out or did anyone ever make the connection that they could also change our oos options? In any case, I definitely have got to play around with this more

Dnyce

Smash Master
OMG IT'S ARMADA... AND A REALLY SEXY WARIO (h)

*facepalm at self*

Why didn't anyone think of this sooner? And by this I meant the hitlag extension caused by pikmin - I feel so blind now!

Someone (I think Rich) mentioned a theory about how latched pikmin disrupt momentum canceling for some characters due to the hitlag extension. Is Greward the first to point this use out or did anyone ever make the connection that they could also change our oos options? In any case, I definitely have got to play around with this more
It's been around for awhile vocal, lol. What hasn't though is abusing it in teams (ie, mk is ledge guarding and you throw a pikmin on him and his nair can't be aerial dodged), which I've been doing for awhile... but I was telling people at MLG Columbus and they got all O_O when I told them about it =/
Not to mention throwing pikmin on your teammate intentionally to un-stale their moves, etc.

Also, that was L_Cancel, not Rich ^^;

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash

i hate you

1. If you want to know what they do, the best thing to do is to read the guide, Deflowered (it's a sticky). They all have pros and cons.

2. What Fino said. Also, you can whistle colors to the front. Each time you whistle, the game brings a new color to the front (as long as the color is in your line). The order is red>yellow>blue>white>purple>back to red. If you don't have a color, it skips to the next one you do have.

3. What Fino said
don't help the ****ing idiot, please

hmmmmm, the idea with using pikmin to make punishing easier has crossed my mind, particularly by increasing move start up time, looks like we've got mroe **** to do

also, nice bike tricksies, definitely something worth learning

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Figured I should let everyone know, my external hard drive's not working, so I'm not going to be able to test anything or get any frame data until I buy a Flash Drive or something.

:/

Weruop

Smash Ace
i just found out that my nair beats pikas thunderbolt

no more pika fear ^_^

edit:
did some reading around. we should really find out how many frames an opponents move is durated by a latched pikmin, and how it works. like, if 2 pikmin are latched in the same spot is it double the duration? if he hits two pikmin latched in two different spots, does THAT double the duration?

also, in teams, would this work?
olimar has an opponent in a purple pikmin grab. the partner runs up and up smashes the opponent and it hits them like 3/5's the way up the screen, and the olimar inputs the upthrow right before that upsmash hit, thus making the purple up throw finish off the other 2/5?

Weruop

Smash Ace

after reading this i wonder if youve played or read about olimar for more than a total of 10minutes. no joke

also, lmao picmen

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Figured I should let everyone know, my external hard drive's not working, so I'm not going to be able to test anything or get any frame data until I buy a Flash Drive or something.

:/
Man that sucks :( I'd offer to help, but my summer officially ends tomorrow lol

(And doin stuff at school? Waaaaaay to much classwork and extra-curricular time for that >.>)

no more pika fear ^_^

edit:
did some reading around. we should really find out how many frames an opponents move is durated by a latched pikmin, and how it works. like, if 2 pikmin are latched in the same spot is it double the duration? if he hits two pikmin latched in two different spots, does THAT double the duration?

olimar has an opponent in a purple pikmin grab. the partner runs up and up smashes the opponent and it hits them like 3/5's the way up the screen, and the olimar inputs the upthrow right before that upsmash hit, thus making the purple up throw finish off the other 2/5?
This seems like an awesome tactic. I hope you guys have been using it :O

*files away for if I ever decide to start entering doubles*

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
edit:
It isn't based on our Pikmin, it would be dependent on how much hitlag the opponent's attack has. So it would completely depend on the move we're talking about, and you'd have to look at their character board. It wouldn't depend on where it hits them, unless their move has different hitlag depending on whether it's the sweet or sour spot, which most moves used for momentum canceling don't.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I've got a theory on how to get more desynced Usmashes. No clue if it will work consistently, but hear me out.

So, what happens with desyncs is that they get attacked while not directly next to you and next in line, right? (If this is wrong, idk if this would still work lol, but keep listening). Because of this, I think we might be able to roll into a desync purple Usmash - MAYBE.

The reasoning for this is simple. As I discovered a while ago, purples start moving noticeably later whenever they get a command to move - they can run slightly faster, but start off later. This would mean that while a red at the front of the line will get to you almost immediately, I believe there's a significant delay for purples. I think that if we roll towards/away from opponents and time it so that their hitbox is still out when we can act again, the purple might still be near them and if we give the command it will desync?

Maybe I don't know enough about desyncs, kind of doubting myself here lol, but I'm just thinking outside the box, thought I'd throw it out there just in case

Denti

Smash Master

not only in teams does it work, but it does in singles. I use spaced grenades against snake in a explosion up throw combo.

I once made a thread about this XD but it died, like all my other threads.
Cool things to use with our up throw:

Snake's grenades
Pictochat stuff
MK's shuttle loop
Jigglypuffs sleep
luigi's up B

I'm sure there are many cool useful things to combine with this. My partner used link's bomb once in teams for the up throw, it was lulzy

btw they can't DI the up throw's momentum that glitches in

Weruop

Smash Ace
It isn't based on our Pikmin, it would be dependent on how much hitlag the opponent's attack has. So it would completely depend on the move we're talking about, and you'd have to look at their character board. It wouldn't depend on where it hits them, unless their move has different hitlag depending on whether it's the sweet or sour spot, which most moves used for momentum canceling don't.
i dont tihnk you know what I'm taking about >.<

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Perhaps I didn't, haha. If I'm addressing it wrong, tell me what you mean. But yeah, how much a move is delayed is completely dependent on the move's hitlag (the time that the character freezes, almost every attack has some form of hitlag). If you hit multiple objects, it should count the hitlag each time it hits one. I don't know if it would at any time count multiple objects at the same time (such as if two Pikmin are close enough to get hit by the same attack at the exact same time, which would cause it to only go through on series of hitlag, instead of two). Is that what you mean?

iwatchbleach

Smash Rookie
Hmm... I need to improve on Olimar a lot.
He used to be my main then I stopped being him, and I started back a few days ago... just for the fun of it...
I know quite a bit about him, and I guess Im good haha, gotta work on a few things tho haha

Weruop

Smash Ace
SOME STUFF: :)

first off, id like to know how many invincibility frames we have by the time we hit the floor from fd/sv/bf on a new stock. Lately ive been begining my stocks with PLUCK sideb PLUCK PLUCK etc. and it seems to be overall beneficial. if u could experiment with this a little, thatd be great. it is kinda risky tho if they are right next to u as u pluck.

ive been working on my ground camping game lately and if anybody wants to know how to sideb backwards out of any distance of a run, sideb forward and then mash backwards. basically u start running away (hold right) then you hit B and then RIGHT after u mash backwards. useful every now and then.

another thing is that spot dodge OoS can be pretty helpful vs tornado. timed perfectly on a full-length-of-time tornado, u will have about a 14frame window to input ur spotdodge and buffer a d smash and hit MK. this helps vs shield poking nado

also, if a falco is SH double lasering so that the first oen goes over our heads and the 2nd one hits us, then i think we might be able to get a grab if we time it well. if u throw a pikmin thats not yellow(while on the ground), i think it should block the path of the laser, allowing u to run up and grab, or f smash.
of course falco's might sideb and such when we get near, but if u can sneak in on his space and try this out and tell me how it works, thatd be great.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I could try to check the invincibility on how long we have after respawning, and how long it takes to get on the ground.

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
I've got a pretty perfect spawn game.

go as far away from them as you can

if theyre out of grab \ fsmash range do pluck -> sideb -> pluck -> react
if they're in range and shielding do pluck -> grab -> if it misses, you still have enough vulnurability to react
if they're in range just sitting on top of you or doing an attack just pluck -> any smash

Weruop

Smash Ace
I have a journal for smash and i have some things I'd like to find out and things I've discovered

1. Question: Side-B and staleness
how does this work? i know your last 9 moves count towards your stale moves, but does a pikmin LATCHING count as one of these hits, or does each hit the pikmin makes count toward the last nine moves? I'm assuming the first but I'd love to be positive.

2. Observation: F smash spacing vs MK
If we f smash at the same time MK tornados, and he approaches with it as quickly as possible from almost exactly half the length of final destination, we will barely be able to perfect shield it : /

3. Observation: %of white/purple pikmin on field
88%chance of atleast 1 white or purple. 57 percent chance of atleast 2 white/purples. I really need to step up watching my line. I think this should really help me stay focused as well. Also, on a website called Lumosity.com, they have a lot of brain-training games, and one which i think can transfer to Olimar's pikmin line watching is the game on there thats called..Playing Koi, Birdwatching, Top Chimp, and Space Junk.
Space Junk and Top Chimp can help with quickly glancing at the field and realizing exactly how many pikmin you have out
Playing Koi should help for keeping track of the order of your pikmin
Birdwatching should help speed up how quickly you can glance at your pikmin and see which one/few is/are next
kind of far fetched, lol, but give it a try :)

4. Idea
This one is kind of wierd, but I'm going to try to implement pivot trickery into my game. we'll see how this goes, but im curious as to how well it can throw off my opponents.

5.Idea
I strill want to try grounded sideb with any but yellow(cuz yellow arcs too high) into falcos second laser into f smash or grab.

6.observation
on wifi, i fully charged a purple upsmash and wario faird me and then i released the smash atk and it hilled him.

Thats all i can remember for now

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
how does this work? i know your last 9 moves count towards your stale moves, but does a pikmin LATCHING count as one of these hits, or does each hit the pikmin makes count toward the last nine moves? I'm assuming the first but I'd love to be positive.
The first hit of the latch counts, the others don't. The pikmin latching to the opponent is not what counts. Just tested it myself for confirmation.

If we f smash at the same time MK tornados, and he approaches with it as quickly as possible from almost exactly half the length of final destination, we will barely be able to perfect shield it : /
So this means if he's much closer, it's dangerous to fsmash :/

88%chance of atleast 1 white or purple. 57 percent chance of atleast 2 white/purples. I really need to step up watching my line. I think this should really help me stay focused as well. Also, on a website called Lumosity.com, they have a lot of brain-training games, and one which i think can transfer to Olimar's pikmin line watching is the game on there thats called..Playing Koi, Birdwatching, Top Chimp, and Space Junk.
Space Junk and Top Chimp can help with quickly glancing at the field and realizing exactly how many pikmin you have out
Birdwatching should help speed up how quickly you can glance at your pikmin and see which one/few is/are next
I like this idea, and I'm probably going to try it out sometime!

Also, I finished testing stuff for your respawn invincibility request. I'll post it in the Onion thread soon, it needs a bit of formatting.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I have a journal for smash and i have some things I'd like to find out and things I've discovered

4. Idea
This one is kind of wierd, but I'm going to try to implement pivot trickery into my game. we'll see how this goes, but im curious as to how well it can throw off my opponents.

5.Idea
I strill want to try grounded sideb with any but yellow(cuz yellow arcs too high) into falcos second laser into f smash or grab.

6.observation
on wifi, i fully charged a purple upsmash and wario faird me and then i released the smash atk and it hilled him.

Thats all i can remember for now
Nice stuff Wer, I'm also interested in seeing how that pikmin guard for Falco's second laser works out, I'd love to pull **** like that off lol

I'm also going to try those Lumosity games because they sound kind of fun ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom