• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* V Hotel Roomate Finder!!!

strawhats

Smash Master
well I'm rooming with slox, zebra and his bro, will.

Are we supposed to pay for the room online before hand or can we make payment

arrangements once we get to the hotel?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
well I'm rooming with slox, zebra and his bro, will.

Are we supposed to pay for the room online before hand or can we make payment

arrangements once we get to the hotel?
i believe when you give them a credit card it is just to HOLD your reservation, then you can pay how you'd like when you get there

Inferno3044

Smash Master
So I need one more to be in my room only on Sunday night. Shaky is only going for doubles (commitment), and is leaving on sunday after doubles is over. I need somebody to fill the 4th spot that night, and I am leaving monday after singles.

In my room that night will be
ESAM
Seibrik
Afro

Obviously it would be MUCH preferable if you played brawl, but idc because I just don't wanna end up paying more money that 4th day. Anybody want in?
I might take you up on this. I would just have to figure out what I would do on Saturday.

tect

Smash Journeyman
Hey

1-2 Canadian Melee players need a room from Friday-Sun

We are 25, and 21, and would be down to play all night or Whatever. Both flexible, friendly, easy to get along with etc.

We could possibly get the room online in advance depending on circumstances.

Interests?

Alternatively, if my buddy can't come, then I can room with other people too to get a room for those same nights. Anyone know of people housing others outside the hotel for internationals?

Sorry if that paragraph didn't make sense, I took my sleepy pill already

Xx swift xX

Smash Apprentice
Yo i need 2 more people to room with. I'll room with anyone who doesn't steal my ****, but I won't be bringing much **** to steal so don't get any ideas ;)

I'm just going for the friendlies because I don't feel like paying extra money to get my **** wrecked and not even make it out of pools.

I play brawl and melee. ICs in melee, yoshi in brawl.

I like to keep it quiet because I might have homework to do that weekend (engineering).

Hit me up with a PM. Don't be shy I need your money to be able to afford the room! Also, I'm a really nice guy when it comes to everything besides cash, so don't expect me to float you any. I would if I could but I can't :(

tect

Smash Journeyman
Hello again

I have a room settled for Saturday/Sunday nights but I need to make arrangements for Friday and Monday night, which is very awkward, I know. If there is any easy/simple way for me to be accommodated by others, then please let me know. Say, if you have a room for 3, maybe the hotel will charge a 4-person rate for those two nights and you can save some $.

Thanks

machinegungeek

Smash Apprentice
I'm in (essentially, I went to BEAST, so this is tourney #2) as Sasook. I already PM'd Swift, but if he doesn't get back to me, does any one else need a roommate? I'm good for $$$, etc. Shy nerdy type, goes to bed late. So yeah. W/e. Prbly need Friday night. Definitely Sat. and Sun.

ycz12

Smash Ace
I've booked a room for 2 for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Anybody who needs a room for one should PM me.

Edit: Taken!

Rumikun

Smash Apprentice
I live about 15 minutes from the venue. I'm charging $15 for all 3 days total. PM if interested.

Edit: It is now $50 due to supply and demand.

Rumikun

Smash Apprentice
due to the amount of messages i received for housing, I am now increasing my price to $30 for all 3 days. The original 3 people that messaged me first still pay $15.

Thanks.

Edit: It is now $50 due to supply and demand.

Rumikun

Smash Apprentice
I received more messages than expected. If you need housing, the price is now $50 for all three days.

Everyone who already asked for housing will pay their respective price that I announced at certain times.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
javi!!!! whats up man. good to hear from u!!! if you are active enough to come on here and ASK for a room, you should probably get one yourself and let people fill it when it comes closer to the tournament. tons of people are gonna not have rooms and want to come, the more people with extra space the better -.-

also you dont have to pay til checkout (just need a credit card to hold reservation) or you can cancel it in advance and pay no charge at all :)

also just so everyone knows and nobody is blindra-----er blindsided rumikun is chu

XD

phish-it

Smash Champion
So Sol and I will be needing a room for Friday-Sunday. It looks like alot of other people are in need of a hotel room also, lets make arrangements happen.

Rumikun

Smash Apprentice
It should be obvious from the fact that he is charging people money for housing
and he wonders why his tournaments don't get a high number of entrants
If we have to look after people and take care of them, then they pay for it.

Rumikun

Smash Apprentice
LOL jkjkjkjk

I meant to say that we charge people for trashing our house, using our electricity, and overall just taking care of them. Obviously, I'm just trying to make a few bucks =).

Hax

Smash Champion
whoever wants to get ****ed up

come to me/linguini/eli's room

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Ight, looks like i'm gonna need to room at the telly too if I am to come to this tourney. I'd rather have a room that has an open bed and no more than 2 other people in it (small room) or 4 people (in a suite room). I will pay a handsome rate per day and will be bringing my famous club melee (hacked melee) with me :)

I won't be putting up my card for any room due to past incidents with ppl who I rather not mention (never paying their dues).

Hax

Smash Champion
i can vouch for warriorknight, hes a trustworthy dude

ycz12

Smash Ace
Hey guys, looks like I still have an opening after all. To clarify, this is to share a 2-person room with me at $95 a night for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. You would pay $145 total for the convenience, and for the pleasure of my companionship. If you know what I mean.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Hey guys, looks like I still have an opening after all. To clarify, this is to share a 2-person room with me at $95 a night for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. You would pay $145 total for the convenience, and for the pleasure of my companionship. If you know what I mean.
im not exactly sure what you mean there..... sounds a little gay nohomo

<3 lol

the beds are pretty big btw, even if you want your own bed, if the other people were ok with 2 in 1 bed or 1 on the floor, u could have 3 people and split it 3 ways....as long as there arent more than 4 in the room its all good

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
dont forget guys

IF THE HOTEL RATE COMES OUT AND YOU HAVE NOT RESERVED A ROOM, THE RATE AT THE VENUE WILL BE INSANE COME TOURNEY TIME!!!!

so you will need to find another place in dc (either expensive or inconvenient, depending what you go for) so get your rooms!!!! you can cancel them if need be before the event.

i also would suggest getting a room for yourself (this is directed at anyone reading) and selling off the spots when tourney time comes (if you have the funds to do so). you could make a little profit potentially anyway, just keep it under the wraps. the venue just doesnt want more than 4 in a room.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I have a room for Saturday and Sunday. Paying will be split evenly (total for room is 209.48 with taxes included so assuming 4 people are in this room it will be $52 for both nights) PM me if interested.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i dont believe so

"Cancellation Policy

The Hyatt Regency Crystal City has a 24-hour cancellation policy. Reservations must be canceled by 3:00 PM EST one day prior to arrival to avoid a penalty of one night room and tax."

phish-it

Smash Champion
When booking the rooms the site wants information on all the guests. If I plan to room with 4 people but haven't settles on who the other people will be, will it matter if I leave the info blank?

EDIT: Just tried again and it's telling me there are no matches for the 18-21, theres no way all the rooms are booked for those days is it?

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
"No lodging matches your search criteria. Please change your search options and retry."

thats what u get when u search for a hotel room

gettin kinda nervous ova hea plank.

im kinda scrambling at the last minute here, thought i had a possible in into 2 different rooms and i just got a PM saying no go.

plank, think you know whats up or could talk to the hotel ppl to see whats up?

Top Bottom