• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sync's Sexy Saloon 2=Sept11th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sync.

Smash Champion
SYNC'S SEX SALOON RISES AGAIN

When: September 11th, 2010 at 2PM!
Where: 4444 Cullen Blvd Apartment 213 Houston, TX 77004(on UH's campus)

There will be a tournament. $5 for regular singles. HOBO rules. Remember you don't have to enter if you don't want your PR hurting/don't want to go all out for a fest. But just so you guys know there will be one. Please bring friends if you want more people to be in the tournament!

The gate code is #8338 and the gate is no longer stupidly broken anymore like last time except the fact that it is very sensitive and only put in the code when it asks for it. If you have any trouble, call Sync(7132018338), Chute(7133731290) or Word(3614632069).

IMPORTANT NOTE: Be sure to park on the left side of the apratments along the gate because they will ticket you for parking in other parking spaces that belong to the residents! It's a new rule :/ sorry guys.

PLEASE BRING SETUPS! And as always, we can go out to eat after everything is done. The UC, which has Wendy's and a dining area, is a ten minute walk and there are plenty of fast food restruants within a five minute drive! Chik Fil-a is off of 290 and Hollister just for Razer.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I think there should be a tourney like last time. Just leave out the wimps like p4 and jerm. Everyone should not have to suffer just because they are being wimps.

Xyro77

Many others have and this one should be no different. It doesnt f-you up much even if u do lose. So just dont enter(not aimed at YOU but "you" as in general)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Probably will go.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
This should be a TOURNAMENT and I'm going Sync.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Awesome! We can have a tourney then. For money or for not? Yeah if you come you aren't required to play in the tournament. Mainly we'll be smashing to smash as usual. I just want this clear before anyone comes so my beloved Houston people won't be salty or anything.

By the way, I changed the time in the OP check it out! If you have any questions be sure to ask me.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Highly recommend just for fun since people will still be recovering from Hobo.

z00ted

Just make it $3 or something thats pretty cheap. Recovering from HOBO is a terrible john :/

I honestly can't comprehend any reason for there not to be a tournament.

I think there should be a tourney like last time. Just leave out the wimps like p4 and jerm. Everyone should not have to suffer just because they are being wimps.
Xyro is right.

z00ted

Yahoo I'm coming.
I may bring some new faces also.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Stop having fests every weekend, Houston! I'm tempted to drive 3 hours again...

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Nah, I'm not going to do it. Gas costs a lot. Plus, I have new friends now! Zigsta, Nike, etc.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Yeah I'm using the new stage list and everything. All updated rule list. Yeah Haptic that would be inefficient. Just stop by for HOBO to visit.

z00ted

Gas cost would suck.
Oh well have fun with Zigsta... :(

TheJerm

Smash Champion
If there's a tournament, make it 5$(atleast) entry , or free and NOT count for the PR. I just dont see how people would want a FREE tournament to be RANKED. Its just organized friendlies ..

z00ted

Free tournaments should never be ranked, I agree.
But a $3 tournament like my first one would be pretty nice.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Yeah I agree with you guys about the free tournament thing.
But, I think $3 tournament should count because Kadin's birthday was ranked and P4's fests have been counted.

z00ted

Do whatever you feel is best.
I'm up for a $3 tournament.

Fests are sorta redundant after a while.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Lol and $3 tourneys aren't? That's all we've been doing since the ranking system came around. F that shiii! I ain't doing a tourney or paying money to play people I play 1-2 times a week.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Enter if you want to, or don't...just go and have fun. And record vids! :)

z00ted

Lol and $3 tourneys aren't? That's all we've been doing since the ranking system came around. F that shiii! I ain't doing a tourney or paying money to play people I play 1-2 times a week.
P-4 lets be real here.
Its THREE dollars lol. Besides it just practice and good fun :/

Also:

I've been hearing alot of "johns" lately such as: "I don't play good unless there is money on the line." By enforcing a three dollar tournament we can all get better practice in than a fest. That is if the previous statement is true.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Pressure makes the game fun.. without it .. I get the urge to just mess around lol

Gnes

Smash Master
P-4 lets be real here.
Its THREE dollars lol. Besides it just practice and good fun :/

Also:

I've been hearing alot of "johns" lately such as: "I don't play good unless there is money on the line." By enforcing a three dollar tournament we can all get better practice in than a fest. That is if the previous statement is true.
Exactly. It is THREE dollars...Compared to how much mental strain it takes to play brawl, and to say the tourney is to be ranked, its gonna take a lil bit more than that to make some people want to put in the effort to win. There's reasons regionals/nationals reg. sometimes costs so much, the more money on the line, the more people will exercise and be willing to use every possible method to get it.

In conclusion, if ur gonna do a free tourney, do it, no need to make it count for the rankings though. If ur gonna do a small tourney, make it 5$. I Dont know when it became a big thing to have all these small tourneys, u can play friendlies with the goal to improve in mind with other people if thats the issue. But personally i think its for other reasons.

Not that it matters all that much to me.

z00ted

I don't care what it is I'm attending either way.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Eh I'll raise it $5 then. Either way I just want to get some practice in so I can be better. The point of fests is to get better and hang out with our main **** anyway :p

Gnes

Smash Master
Eh I'll raise it $5 then. Either way I just want to get some practice in so I can be better. The point of fests is to get better and hang out with our main **** anyway :p
Which is why im saying u can do just that without the $5. Just food for thought :). And I'm just stating some things, if u want to have it 3$ do 3$, its your shindigg babe ^_^

TheJerm

Smash Champion
See, this man understands. Timing you ***s out is a job, that I want cash money for lol

Sync.

Smash Champion
Which is why im saying u can do just that without the $5. Just food for thought :). And I'm just stating some things, if u want to have it 3$ do 3$, its your shindigg babe ^_^
I gotcha Gnes. Thanks. I'll have to really see waht everyone wants when I do this. I really don't care about PR for fests. I just want to be known ya bird :p

See, this man understands. Timing you ***s out is a job, that I want cash money for lol
Jerm let's money match three months turned into one week haha. I'm probably gonna lose but I want to fight you at top notch seriousness. Does $10 sound good?

Xyro77

I've been hearing alot of "johns" lately such as: "I don't play good unless there is money on the line."
this^ john has been around since melee and carried over to brawl. its a way to justify a person losing or just plain sucking. the moment u come over to a fest and/or pick up the controler you are trying or else you would have went ganon.

THIS is another john brought over from melee and its just another version on the one above.
l
l
l
V

Pressure makes the game fun.. without it .. I get the urge to just mess around lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom