• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WARNING! CHALLENGER APPROACHING!, Rochester Tournament

Slashy

Smash Lord

When: September 25, 12 PM-12 AM
Where: Rochester Institute of Technology (Address: One Lomb Memorial Drive, 14623) in the Sol Activity Room (Building-Room 47-1016)
Contact: AIM: mustaphafan , YIM: slashx234 , phone number: (561) 702-3908

The area circled in red is the building where the event is held.

Events:

Singles and Doubles, Entry fee $5 for singles, 10$ per team

Rules:

General Rules

* Items are set to off.
* 4 Stocks
* 8 minute time limit
* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)
* In the event of any dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
* Blind Picks: If requested, players can request that both players pick their characters blind, meaning that both will not have prior knowledge of the other's character.
* Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
* Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
*TO's clause, any rule change may be agreed upon as long as both players and the TO agree upon it, rule changes only apply to that specific set
* Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.
*Friendly Fire is ON
*Do not disrupt matches, this includes screaming, walking in front of the television during a match, or any sort of physical contact
*Pause is disabled, if you need to restart a match SD, please inform the TOs that the match did not count.

Stage List:

Starter
Fountain of Dreams
Dream Land
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story

Counter
Pokemon Stadium
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Events are currently singles, doubles Entry fee $5, $10 per team

Rules:

General Rules

* 3 Stocks
* 8 minute time limit
* Items are set to "off" and "none"
* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)
* In the event of any dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
* Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
*TO's clause, any rule change may be agreed upon as long as both players and the TO agree upon it, rule changes only apply to that specific set
* Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.
* Ledge grab rule: Regarding timed out matches, check ledge grabs for each character. If either character goes above 45, the one with less grabs wins. Note, the ledge grab code is allowed to be activated on any setup to enforce this rule
* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw (forward+B) and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Stalling is banned. Stalling is defined The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is.
* No use of Marth’s Grab Release Infinites against Lucas and Ness.
* No use of King Dedede’s Standing Grab Infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario.
* No use of Meta Knight’s Infinite Cape Glitch.
* No Tripping and triple jump glitch fixes are allowed to be on any setup
* Customized Content should be relatively clean and should not be distracting to the other player(s). The system might be disqualified for tournament if using Riivolution if this rule, or the use of the File Patch Code. If you do choose to use the File Patch Code, then please allow me to check any questionably offending hacks. I suggest you come early.
*Do not modify any stages, in terms of gameplay or collision data, that I have not approved as extra stages. Do not use any gameplay altering codes outside of what I have allowed above! So do not use any custom character movesets or animations!
*Friendly Fire is ON
*Do not disrupt matches, this includes screaming, walking in front of the television during a match, or any sort of physical contact
*Pause is disabled, if you need to restart a match SD, please inform the TOs that the match did not count.

Stage List:

Starter

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Extra Starter
Wifi Waiting Room (if applicable)
WarioWare (if frozen)

Counter
Halberd
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Pokemon Stadium 2
Pictochat

Extra Counter
Luigi's Mansion+
Green Hill Zone+
New Pork City+
Temple+

Currently Singles and doubles, entrance fee $2, $4 per team

Rules:

Download:
Because of the leeway on stage legality for Brawl Minus, I have taken the opportunity to provide my own download with my own stage settings, this also includes a customized codeset to fit the stages.

For use with File Patch Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?m5iq1ayt343bm0q
http://www.mediafire.com/?2s771vma5eoa4w1

For use with Riivolution:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2Q378ED0
http://www.mediafire.com/?2s771vma5eoa4w1

I will try to provide enough flash drives (and an extra SD card) incase people can't or don't wish to download. I will also have my PC available to swap files as needed.

General Rules

* 4 Stocks
* 8 minute time limit
* Items are set to "off" and "none"
* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw (forward+B) and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
* Stalling is banned. Stalling is defined The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is.
*First matches will use stage striking
* Customized Content should be relatively clean and should not be distracting to the other player(s) (with the exception of LSD TRIP). The system might be disqualified for tournament if using Riivolution if this rule, or the use of the File Patch Code. If you do choose to use the File Patch Code, then please allow me to check any questionably offending hacks. I suggest you come early.

Stage List:

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination+
Smashville
Yoshi's Island Brawl
Lylat Cruise
Pirate Ship+
WarioWare(Frozen)
Wifi Waiting Room (Pick Hanenbow)
Pictochat+
Green Hill Zone+ (No Monitor)
Skyworld (Neutral Fix)
Rumble Falls+

Counter
Pokemon Stadium+
Pokemon Stadium 2
New Pork City+
Big Blue-
Port Town Aero Drive-
Yoshi's Island Melee
Luigi's Mansion+
Princess Peach's Castle (Pick Mario Bros.)
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Norfair
Jungle Japes+
Summit+
Green Greens+
Temple+

Extra Counter (might be used)
Jungle Field (STGCUSTOM1)
Midair Stadium (STGCUSTOM2)
Smash Skiff(STGCUSTOM3)
Wheel Cave(STGCUSTOM4)
LSD TRIP(STGCUSTOM5)
Fourside(STGCUSTOM7)
Hyrule Temple 64(STGCUSTOM8)

Pot Division

1st: 55%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 5%

Schedule of Events
12PM-1PM Brawl singles/doubles signups and friendlies
1PM-3PM Brawl singles, Brawl doubles signups
3PM-5PM Brawl doubles, Melee doubles signups, Brawl- doubles signups
5PM-7PM Melee Doubles, Brawl- doubles
7PM-8PM Break time, friendlies
8PM-10PM Melee Singles, Melee doubles signups, Brawl- singles, Brawl- singles signups
10PM-12AM Melee doubles, Brawl- Doubles

I have one extra hour just in case anything takes longer.

PLEASE COME ON TIME! It's difficult to schedule all these events into the time period, I'm only willing to drop Brawl- doubles, and Brawl crews.

Attendees
  1. Cura
  2. Slashy
  3. Acton
  4. Sharky
  5. Eevee
  6. Beta
  7. James G
  8. Sheth
  9. Viciouz
  10. PikaPika!
  11. JesiahTEG
  12. Tiger
  13. Spamus
  14. Moss
  15. Pyro
  16. A nub
  17. Silver
  18. Jackit
  19. John
  20. Snowman
  21. Goggles
  22. Minh
  23. Juni
  24. The General
  25. San
  26. @tomic
  27. Plum
  28. 1337-Zero
  29. O.M.R.
  30. huMps
  31. eaode
  32. Razor200
  33. Minic
  34. SuperMarioManOne

Any suggestions for other events or rule changes will be taken into consideration

AllisBrawl link, let me know if you're attending!: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=10633

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Melee Stage Lists:
Mute City- Banned
Pokefloats- Banned
Konga Jungle- Banned
Mushroom king 2- Banned

Brawl Stage List:
Pokemon Stadium 1- Put into counter pick list.
Castle Siege- Put into counter pick list
Pokemon Stadium 2- Put into counter pick list
Pictochat - Put into counter pick list
Jungle Japes- Banned (or leave open for discussion)
Norfair- Banned

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
For brawl, I think 9 Starters should be

Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Final Destination
Castle Siege

And any 2 of

Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Frigate Orpheon

Sharky

Smash Master
or we can just do 7 and have no problems

edit: neil gets a free cp cause we have to ban norfair wippie!

Slashy

Smash Lord
Melee Stage Lists:
Mute City- Banned
Pokefloats- Banned
Konga Jungle- Banned
Mushroom king 2- Banned

Brawl Stage List:
Pokemon Stadium 1- Put into counter pick list.
Castle Siege- Put into counter pick list
Pokemon Stadium 2- Put into counter pick list
Pictochat - Put into counter pick list
Jungle Japes- Banned (or leave open for discussion)
Norfair- Banned
There was discussion at the last tournament as to whether Mute City should be legal. Goggles wanted the Pokemon Stadiums and Pictochat to be neutral.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Just because 1 person wants a stage legal doesnt mean it should be. We should always start off by the default patterns then alter it by majority vote.

Slashy

Smash Lord
I still want suggestions as to other events, just those three singles events are what I have planned.

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
Edit:

Good! Rematch spamus >:D
Hell yeah. Gotta get game 1 this time; don't wanna lose to RC again :p

Should we bring our own electricity to this, or will RIT be providing it gratis this weekend?

Also, where is this building, and where's the nearest visitor parking lot? If you're feeling really ambitious, a campus map + MS paint can do wonderful things.

Slashy

Smash Lord
I have to go to class now, but the nearest visitor parking lot is literally right in front of the building.

Also, I don't exactly understand what crews are, so I don't know how to explain it in the opening post.

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
Crews for Dummies: Part 1: 850 - 1400

Ok, I did find the building on the campus map, I just couldn't find anywhere that explained which lots were fair game and such.

Also, I don't exactly understand what crews are, so I don't know how to explain it in the opening post.
So you want to explain crews in the original post, but you don't exactly understand what they are? Well, friend, today is your lucky day!! Simply read Crews for Dummies (available on smashboards or at retailers of fine posts everywhere) and you'll be explaining it in the original post in no time!

Crew battles, more colloquially referred to as simply "crews," have a long and storied history. In their earliest incarnation, crews were the exclusive purview of British nobility, as a for of entertainment. Foxes, falcons, peaches, and more were specifically bred for the purpose. Each nobleman would assemble his team, or "crew," to compete against all others. On the appointed day, each crew was thrown into a locked cage, where they would fight to the death. The last crew with a member standing was declared the winner.

Now, as wonderful as this sounds, crews as they were originally constituted were not without their drawbacks. Breeding new foxes for each tournament meant that fewer were available for hunting parties; falcons had a tendency to simply fly away; and it rapidly became evident that peaches, being simply a fruit and therefore not particularly suited to violent combat, were no match for either. Further, animal (and peach) rights activists were becoming increasingly opposed to what they considered the barbaric sport of crews. By the mid-1400s a combination of increased impracticality and shifting public sentiments had all but rendered crews a thing of the past.

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
Crews for Dummies: Part 2: 1400 - 2000

For the next 400 years or so, crews would fade to a distant memory. The once proud tradition was nearly forgotten, with many contemporary authors mangling the history to an almost laughable degree. Several actually believed that a "crew" was a team of men whose job was to row a boat! HAHA!!

In 1792, though, an event would occur which would change the future of crews forever. It began inauspiciously, when 24 men gathered on Wall Street. For the next hundred years, this monumental event would go relatively unnoticed. But as the 19th century drew to a close, the second Industrial Revolution provided just the catalyst needed.

As industry boomed, publicly owned corporations increased in size and popularity. But how should these corporations be traded? Thankfully our 24 friends from 1792 already had the answer: stocks. Yes, on that inauspicious day on Wall Street, these fine men had founded the New York Stock Exchange; now, finally, the world was made to recognize their brilliance.

The advent of a new era, one in which stocks were traded left and right, was upon us. Times were good, and would remain that way until 1929, when the stock market crashed. Stocks that were once worth millions lost all value overnight. Investors were left holding worthless slips of paper.

At this time, though, a young Japanese businessman named Sakuri was living in Cincinnati. Rather than fall victim to despair, Sakuri seized this opportunity. Over one long, sleepless weekend, Sakuri - the frequent victim of bullying from his older brothers - developed a pen-and-paper game he called Super Smash Bros. 1 (you may be familiar with the much later entry in the series, Super Smash Bros. 64).

Sakuri, an amateur historian, drew inspiration from the ancient British sport of crews. Rather than actually throw animals (and peaches) into gladiatorial arenas, Sakuri simulated the action through an intricate series of rules and algorithms that could be computed by hand. Stocks, the one thing that everyone had lying around with no use, became the de facto tool for score-keeping. As the game grew in popularity, a limit of 40 stocks per team became an unspoken standard - although obviously liberties could be taken depending on time constraints.

So, for some 70 years, crews were reborn as something of a niche sport, but one that was available to all, regardless of economic status of social standing. As the millennium turned, no one could predict the winds of change that were fast gathering...

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
Crews for Dummies: Part 3: 2000 - Present

At some point - the exact date is forever lost to history - a small, upstart company called Nintendo acquired the rights to Sakuri's masterpiece, Super Smash Bros. By the time Nintendo purchased the rights, the game had gone through 63 versions - mostly minor revisions. For the 64th iteration, Nintendo decided to try something radical. Instead of releasing SSB 64 as a tabletop game, the intended to design a special piece of hardware (unoriginality dubbed the "Nintendo 64") on which the game could be visually simulated. Rather than taking actions via a toss of the dice or a spoken word, players - both human and octopus, thanks to a stunning display of design foresight - could use a special controller to directly input commands.

Inexplicably, though, Nintendo decided not to retain certain core gameplay elements. Specifically, the scrapped the idea of 40-stock team battles, in favor of a 1-on-1, 5-stock approach. Crews purists were outraged, but the decision proved a profitable one for Nintendo: the game was roundly praised and preformed well in the open market.

Encouraged by their success, Nintendo began work on a sequel. Because the Japanese have no concept of the number "65," a new subtitle was needed. They eventually settled on Super Smash Bros: Melee.

The game was an enormous success, shattering sales records like an opera singer shatters wine glasses. (Author's note: Don't steal that *****in' simile.) It even gained a strong competitive following, thanks largely to the inclusion of several unintentional glitches like wave-dashing (first discovered on a stormy ocean) and L-canceling (which allows you to omit the letter L whenever a word becomes too cumbersome).

Some players, though, acquainted with the fine tradition of crews that Sakuri strove to uphold, had had enough. They finally organized into a vocal minority, loudly supporting an ad hoc type of crew battle they had developed specifically within the context of SSB:M.

Met initially with skepticism, players nevertheless were willing to give this wild idea a chance. Slowly but surely, it gained in popularity. At FC-3, held in California, the crew battle was actually the most anticipated event. From English nobility to the royalty of Smash, from King Harold I to Mew2King, crews had finally come full circle.

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
The modern crew battle has come a long way; but the heart and soul of the event has endured. Here is a detailed look at a crew battle today.

1. Two teams, or "crews", each composed of n players each (where n is a natural number - unfortunately, the concept cannot be generalized to the reals) face off. In the case that more than two crews wish to compete, a bracket may be generated, with the winning crew in each pairing advancing to the next round.

2. Each crew has kn stocks, where k is a natural number, not equal to 0. It is customary to select k = 4.

3. Each crew selects a captain, who will determine the order in which his players enter the battle.

4. The first round of the crew battle is fought on a random neutral stage. Often, a restricted stage list consisting of only FD, DL64, and BF is used. The two players fight as normal, attempting to remove stocks from their opponent.

a. The round ends when one player loses his last stock, and the next round commences. The winner of the previous round stays in the battle, while the loser is eliminated - he may, however, continue to offer moral support to his crew-mates. This is often ineffective, though, cause no one wants some scrub cheering for them.

b. The losing player's captain selects the next crew member to enter the battle. This player has a choice to make. He can elect to counterpick a legal stage - in which case the previous round's winner may select a different character; or he may elect to play the next round on a random stage - in which case the previous round's winner may not change characters.

c. At the start of the round, the previous round's winner must SD k - i times, where i is the number of stocks he lost in the previous round. Play then continues as normal, with the winner, as usual, being the one to first remove his opponent's last stock.

d. If both crews have players remaining, return to step 5.a

6. When one crew has no players remaining (It can be shown that this is exactly when one crew has lost kn stocks, in total. The proof is left to the reader, as an exercise.) the opposing crew is declared the winner.

I hope you have enjoyed reading Crews for Dummies as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Now get out there and

explain it in the opening post.
I know you can do it!! :)

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
Ok, I did find the building on the campus map, I just couldn't find anywhere that explained which lots were fair game and such.

So you want to explain crews in the original post, but you don't exactly understand what they are? Well, friend, today is your lucky day!! Simply read Crews for Dummies (available on smashboards or at retailers of fine posts everywhere) and you'll be explaining it in the original post in no time!

Crew battles, more colloquially referred to as simply "crews," have a long and storied history. In their earliest incarnation, crews were the exclusive purview of British nobility, as a for of entertainment. Foxes, falcons, peaches, and more were specifically bred for the purpose. Each nobleman would assemble his team, or "crew," to compete against all others. On the appointed day, each crew was thrown into a locked cage, where they would fight to the death. The last crew with a member standing was declared the winner.

Now, as wonderful as this sounds, crews as they were originally constituted were not without their drawbacks. Breeding new foxes for each tournament meant that fewer were available for hunting parties; falcons had a tendency to simply fly away; and it rapidly became evident that peaches, being simply a fruit and therefore not particularly suited to violent combat, were no match for either. Further, animal (and peach) rights activists were becoming increasingly opposed to what they considered the barbaric sport of crews. By the mid-1400s a combination of increased impracticality and shifting public sentiments had all but rendered crews a thing of the past.

For the next 400 years or so, crews would fade to a distant memory. The once proud tradition was nearly forgotten, with many contemporary authors mangling the history to an almost laughable degree. Several actually believed that a "crew" was a team of men whose job was to row a boat! HAHA!!

In 1792, though, an event would occur which would change the future of crews forever. It began inauspiciously, when 24 men gathered on Wall Street. For the next hundred years, this monumental event would go relatively unnoticed. But as the 19th century drew to a close, the second Industrial Revolution provided just the catalyst needed.

As industry boomed, publicly owned corporations increased in size and popularity. But how should these corporations be traded? Thankfully our 24 friends from 1792 already had the answer: stocks. Yes, on that inauspicious day on Wall Street, these fine men had founded the New York Stock Exchange; now, finally, the world was made to recognize their brilliance.

The advent of a new era, one in which stocks were traded left and right, was upon us. Times were good, and would remain that way until 1929, when the stock market crashed. Stocks that were once worth millions lost all value overnight. Investors were left holding worthless slips of paper.

At this time, though, a young Japanese businessman named Sakuri was living in Cincinnati. Rather than fall victim to despair, Sakuri seized this opportunity. Over one long, sleepless weekend, Sakuri - the frequent victim of bullying from his older brothers - developed a pen-and-paper game he called Super Smash Bros. 1 (you may be familiar with the much later entry in the series, Super Smash Bros. 64).

Sakuri, an amateur historian, drew inspiration from the ancient British sport of crews. Rather than actually throw animals (and peaches) into gladiatorial arenas, Sakuri simulated the action through an intricate series of rules and algorithms that could be computed by hand. Stocks, the one thing that everyone had lying around with no use, became the de facto tool for score-keeping. As the game grew in popularity, a limit of 40 stocks per team became an unspoken standard - although obviously liberties could be taken depending on time constraints.

So, for some 70 years, crews were reborn as something of a niche sport, but one that was available to all, regardless of economic status of social standing. As the millennium turned, no one could predict the winds of change that were fast gathering...

At some point - the exact date is forever lost to history - a small, upstart company called Nintendo acquired the rights to Sakuri's masterpiece, Super Smash Bros. By the time Nintendo purchased the rights, the game had gone through 63 versions - mostly minor revisions. For the 64th iteration, Nintendo decided to try something radical. Instead of releasing SSB 64 as a tabletop game, the intended to design a special piece of hardware (unoriginality dubbed the "Nintendo 64") on which the game could be visually simulated. Rather than taking actions via a toss of the dice or a spoken word, players - both human and octopus, thanks to a stunning display of design foresight - could use a special controller to directly input commands.

Inexplicably, though, Nintendo decided not to retain certain core gameplay elements. Specifically, the scrapped the idea of 40-stock team battles, in favor of a 1-on-1, 5-stock approach. Crews purists were outraged, but the decision proved a profitable one for Nintendo: the game was roundly praised and preformed well in the open market.

Encouraged by their success, Nintendo began work on a sequel. Because the Japanese have no concept of the number "65," a new subtitle was needed. They eventually settled on Super Smash Bros: Melee.

The game was an enormous success, shattering sales records like an opera singer shatters wine glasses. (Author's note: Don't steal that *****in' simile.) It even gained a strong competitive following, thanks largely to the inclusion of several unintentional glitches like wave-dashing (first discovered on a stormy ocean) and L-canceling (which allows you to omit the letter L whenever a word becomes too cumbersome).

Some players, though, acquainted with the fine tradition of crews that Sakuri strove to uphold, had had enough. They finally organized into a vocal minority, loudly supporting an ad hoc type of crew battle they had developed specifically within the context of SSB:M.

Met initially with skepticism, players nevertheless were willing to give this wild idea a chance. Slowly but surely, it gained in popularity. At FC-3, held in California, the crew battle was actually the most anticipated event. From English nobility to the royalty of Smash, from King Harold I to Mew2King, crews had finally come full circle.

The modern crew battle has come a long way; but the heart and soul of the event has endured. Here is a detailed look at a crew battle today.

1. Two teams, or "crews", each composed of n players each (where n is a natural number - unfortunately, the concept cannot be generalized to the reals) face off. In the case that more than two crews wish to compete, a bracket may be generated, with the winning crew in each pairing advancing to the next round.

2. Each crew has kn stocks, where k is a natural number, not equal to 0. It is customary to select k = 4.

3. Each crew selects a captain, who will determine the order in which his players enter the battle.

4. The first round of the crew battle is fought on a random neutral stage. Often, a restricted stage list consisting of only FD, DL64, and BF is used. The two players fight as normal, attempting to remove stocks from their opponent.

a. The round ends when one player loses his last stock, and the next round commences. The winner of the previous round stays in the battle, while the loser is eliminated - he may, however, continue to offer moral support to his crew-mates. This is often ineffective, though, cause no one wants some scrub cheering for them.

b. The losing player's captain selects the next crew member to enter the battle. This player has a choice to make. He can elect to counterpick a legal stage - in which case the previous round's winner may select a different character; or he may elect to play the next round on a random stage - in which case the previous round's winner may not change characters.

c. At the start of the round, the previous round's winner must SD k - i times, where i is the number of stocks he lost in the previous round. Play then continues as normal, with the winner, as usual, being the one to first remove his opponent's last stock.

d. If both crews have players remaining, return to step 5.a

6. When one crew has no players remaining (It can be shown that this is exactly when one crew has lost kn stocks, in total. The proof is left to the reader, as an exercise.) the opposing crew is declared the winner.

I hope you have enjoyed reading Crews for Dummies as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Now get out there and

I know you can do it!! :)
Awesome posts.

Spin937

Smash Rookie
I logged in for the sole purpose of declaring Crews for Dummies as the greatest literary work of our time. Forever may it endure as a testament to the epic history of Crews and, perhaps more importantly, how to explain them in opening posts.

huMps

Smash Ace
imma be at this! Jesse I gotta come over some time this week and start taking the suck out of my game. prolly fri or sat.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I wanted picto to be legal, not nuetral.

both PSs are neutral worthy tho.

@strawhats
does he play?

@spamus,
we might have to make a new thread for this tournament, cus Im going to link that story to everyone I know.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I thin any stage that changes during the match should not be legal. Thats just my opinion. Which is why lylat is neutral atm, unlike ps1.

Top Bottom