• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resist the New World Order (Nov 20th, 2010) Daphne,AL - MS, North FL, LA confirmed!

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Southern AL hasn't anything decent in a while, so Jin and myself decided to do something about that.

Where the resistance is going down:

Microtel Inn & Suites
29050 US highway 98
Daphne, AL 36526

Venue Fee:
$5 door fee
$10 for singles
$20 for teams($10 per person)
$20 for crews 4v4 or 3v3 depending ($5 per person)

Pizza: $2.50, soda will come with it.

Pot split
1st place 60%
2nd place 30%
3rd place 10%

If this thing gets big enough, I'm going to talk to Jin about having the pot split between
1st-5th place :)

WE ONLY CAN HOLD THE VENUE TIL 10PM AND THAT SUCKS, but if everyone is on time i believe we can get everything done in a nice timely manner and with time to goof around. Bringing set-ups will help this process a hole g#dd&amn lot, SO HOLLA IF YOU HEAR ME!! O' and if anybody can bring powerstrips that'll help a great deal also.

There are a couple of resturants around, but we will serve you guys pizza, but we have to charge, but for a small price. If you know your coming and you want pizza we'll have a list to put you on so we'll know how much to get. We will have soda and that'll come with your pizza.

9:30am: doors open
10:30am Sign ups
11:00am: Melee & Brawl Doubles(if we are able to do them at the same time)
1:00pm: Melee Singles
3:00pm: Brawl Singles
6:00pm: Crew Battles

Comfirmed list:
Jin
Ragnarock
Skaterbaj
Ruse
Mankosuki
Aznseal
Drumma boi
Rice
Rook
Ryker
Zone
Jiovanni007
Jnig
Curlz
I See You
Dr.Nastytime
Reflex
Calvin
Billy
Levi
Brannon
Zombiefestus + 3 friends
Ziggy
Sariku
o-Serin-o
Ram
Sheepdizzle + 1 friend
Tropical Taco
Hyro
Batto

Set-ups:
T.V's
Ragnarock
Jin
Ryker
Curlz
Manko (7 T.V'S D@MN)

Pizza List:

Wii and Games:
Ragnarock: Wii, Brawl+Melee
Skaterbaj: Wii, Brawl
Ryker: Wii, Brawl+Melee
Curlz: Wii, Brawl+Melee
0-Serin-o: Wii, Brawl
Manko:Wii Brawl+Melee

Here's The Rules

Melee Rule set:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Ban: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

Melee Stage list

Neutrals:
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpicks:
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Brawl Ruleset:

•3 Stock
•8 Minute Time Limit
•Items are set to "off" and "none"
•All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.
•In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
•No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
•If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
•Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
•Standing Infinite is BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab, Marth on Ness/Lucas grab-release, etc
•The Ice climber infinite are LEGAL up to 250%
•Suicide moves always go to the player who suicides to take the opponent's last stock.
•LEDGE GRAB RULE = 35

Stage Striking:
1. Stage Strikes go 1 pick 2 pick 1 pick
2. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
4. The winner of the previous match may announce their Stage Ban selection
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Brawl Stage list

Neutrals:
•Battlefield
•Final Destination
•Smashville
•Yoshi's Island
•Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks:
•Delfino Plaza
•Castle Siege
•Frigate Orpheon
•Battleship Halberd
•Rainbow Cruise
•Brinstar
•Pokemon Staduim 1

Additional Rules for Doubles Play:
•Life Stealing is allowed
•Team attack will be set to ON
•In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
•Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is playing Lucario, Sonic, or Pokemon Trainer, either team can request for them to be Blue Team and the opponents must abide. If both teams have one of the characters, they must work it out between them.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Hype this aint aint far from Pcola(1hour) at alll Im goin hype hype :D!Ill see if i can drag ruse out of retirment fo this mhm.Im tellin the rest of pcola now.Good Sh** to the both of you

I can bring a Wii+brawl

ragnarock

Smash Lord
lol AL has the best tourney names
Thanks man, i actually wanted to put f@ck, but resist was ok
K I'll be letting the Wi Fi nubs on AiB know about this. GL with it.
You need to come and support your fellow bama smasher son! But thanks though.

To skater: I didn't know Ruse stop playing, make him come. I put this up early so NO JOHNS for him. Talk to manko bout this too.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
They have been informed.Ruse said ok.And joe is coming.

THIS TOURNEY GONNA BE ON SOME ILLUMINATI TYPE SH**

GET HYPE :D

ragnarock

Smash Lord
...wow change it to ****
I'm coming close to doing that actually, lol.

They have been informed.Ruse said ok.And joe is coming.

THIS TOURNEY GONNA BE ON SOME ILLUMINATI TYPE SH**

GET HYPE :D
Im glad they decided to come. We really need to get together and play again sometime. And yeah, I can't stand the f@cking illuminati, but thats another conversation. I just titled the tourney that cause thats just how i feel.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Yeah Lol somone tried to show me a video about eminem being one of the torch bearers..I was like...neexxxxxt lol

But yeah.If manko teams with holy ill need a partner for this..

ragnarock

Smash Lord
O sh&t holy, able to make it?! But if he does team with manko you can just team with Ruse right?

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
O sh&t holy, able to make it?! But if he does team with manko you can just team with Ruse right?
Lol Ruse never eva evvaaa wants to team with me :p while on the other hand me and manko do work when we team. But yeah if we donttttt

Al where you be at?

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Im trying to get a hold of some more pcola players. Besides me and Manko im sure i can get +8 pensacola players

ragnarock

Smash Lord
rice where are you
Like 3 weeks ago i went to Florida to play Rice, drumma boi, and rook. They told me they were going to come. I just forgot to put them down on the comfirmed list. I told that dirty old b@atard to post, so i wouldn't like i was lying about them coming.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
lol, I'd like to. I just can't do it 100%. My skills only rust away between tournaments. Then I'm relearning waveland in no time. in StarCraft 2 I can get good practice, almost all the time.
Whats starcarft about anyways?

Zone

Smash Champion
I feel like melée is a drug that I need a fix on I mean one time I drove to rag'd house in AL just for like 5 hours of friendlies then drive home lol was like a 4 something hour drive. But since for the past buncha months almost no melée and I'm finally feeling the affects of withdrawal wearing off

D

Deleted member

i talked to him on facebook and he said he wasnt sure. but if this gets big enough, ill come for sure

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Lol just come. I hate that "if it gets big enough ill come" attitude.

If you come then itll get bigger(.....)

k?

D

Deleted member

Lol just come. I hate that "if it gets big enough ill come" attitude.

If you come then itll get bigger(.....)

k?
i was going to flame you but decided not to. I have a ton of **** on my plate and if an event isnt really important to me ill have to miss it. if it's just southern alabama going to be there, im not going to show. its just that simple.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Lol are you serious? go ahead and flame me i could careless

Dont come no one cares?

Let me stop though cause i really like LA i see FG lurkin :p

D

Deleted member

mostly its just an ******* thing to do to come out of no where and belittle someone? im not trying to say "im the best at this game, ill only come if pros come." i work 40+ hours of week and go to school full time. own my own home and am engaged to my girlfriend. i cant just be like "yeah cant wait to go!" because my life isnt that simple. if i know ill get to play a lot of people then ill be way more likely to go than if its just some locals. i miss 4/5 local tournaments because of my schedule. i was never trying to be an ***, thats just life man.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Dude wtf lol i didnt even have to know all that but i here ya bro lol.
ANd congratz on your Engagement

If you come lets Melee mm hmm?(i might change my mind i havent played in a minute :p)

Top Bottom