• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate NO KOAST 3! (MW-W Circuit Championships!)

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero

The tournament Kansas deserves starts again with a new year! (New venue! Cheaper price! Independently ran!)

January 22nd-23rd
El Dorado, KS

Venue And Start Times:
Deer Grove RV Park Club House
2873 S.E. US HWY 54
El Dorado, KS 67042

PICTURES:
http://deergrovervpark.com/theclubhouse.html
Better pictures that show more are forthcoming.

SCHEDULE (Side events will be scheduled by convenience and depending on setups)

Saturday Schedule:
10am - 11am: Setup & Registration (singles and doubles)
12pm: Doubles Bracket
5pm: Singles Pools

Sunday Schedule:
9am: Setup & Side Event Registration
10am: Any remaining Pools finished
11am: Singles Bracket begins

Entry Fees:

* $10 Entry for Singles

* $5 Venue Fee (Waved if you bring a full setup, 2 dollars off if you bring just a Wii or TV)

* $10 Entry for Teams ($20 per team)

* $1 Entry for Side Events

Prizes:

* 60/30/10 Pot Split (Subject to change if entrants exceed 64 players)

There may or may not be a bonus pot based on the number of attendees. This will be settled by next month.

Side Events:

Brawl-
Low Tier Singles

RULES
3 Stock

8 minute timer

Items are set to "off" and "none"

If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

Resolving Ties: If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock, 3 minute rematch with same characters/stage.

Sets are best of three. Winner’s/Loser’s/Grand Finals are best of 5.

In the event of a dispute, controller ports may be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors or coin toss.

You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

Extending Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape is banned.

Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while using an infinite to run out the timer rather than to score a KO is. As such, any infinite chain-grabs, locks, etc. cannot exceed 300%.

Any action which prevents the game from continuing (i.e. by causing the game to crash or causing all characters to freeze indefinitely) is banned. If the Tournament Organizer or a judge can conclusively determine the player responsible for the failure, that player loses the interrupted game. Players are expected to know their characters and prevent this from happening.

Some interactions (for example, a throw with a wind attack) can cause one character to become frozen until being hit. If this happens, the free character is expected to capitalize on this in a timely manner; a failure to do so is stalling.

Ledge Grab Limit - 30 (Singles & Doubles): In the event that a game ends in time out, any player or member of a team exceeding 30 ledge grabs loses that game despite stocks or percent.

Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port(s) first.

The Mage’s DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is 2 minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After 6 minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set. No exceptions will be allowed.

Double blind character selection may be called for the first match. Also, the choices made here include the character's color and whether the player will start as Samus or Zero Suit Samus (player declares when selecting Samus), as Zelda or Sheik, or as a particular Pokemon for Pokemon Trainer. These decisions may not be changed at any point after character selection.

Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.​

Set Format
1. Opponents make their character select screen choices (including PT, Zelda/Sheik, Z/Samus) for the first match. *

2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure. When reading this order, “1” is player 1 and “2” is player 2. Players will strike in the following order: 7 Stages: 1-1-2-2-2-1

3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set. (This may be done before or after the first match is played)

4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2.

5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List. **

6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character.

7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character.

8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches.​

Additional Rules for Doubles Play
Team Attack must be set to ON.

Sharing stocks is allowed.

The controller ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS/coin flip will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the winner will get the last port.

If the clock expires in a team match and the total number of stocks of each team is equal, use the sum of the final percentage of players on each team as the tiebreaker; whichever team has a lower sum wins. (A player who has been eliminated has no stocks and 0%).

In team play, causing both characters of a team to become frozen (i.e. by interrupting a throw with a wind attack) is to be treated the same way as freezing the opponent in singles. Leaving only one of your opponent's characters frozen is legal since the teammate can work to undo the freeze.​

Stage List

Neutral Stages
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Final Destination
Castle Siege

Counter-Pick
Pokemon Stadium 2
Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise

All other stages are Banned.

Additional Rules Notes
Except as noted in the definition of stalling, infinites are not banned.

In the event of Suicide KOs that end the game, the game's verdict should always be honored; a victory screen should decide the winner. Any Sudden Deaths (excluding time-outs) should be treated as a tie; which are resolved with a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.

**Drug and alcohol use are prohibited at the tournament due to possible legal repercussions (i.e. the presence of minors, or illegal substances). Being caught in use of such substances will result in removal from the premises. I hope you can understand why this stance must be taken despite personal views on the subjects.

**This is a no smoking zone for businesses. You must be at least ten feet from an entryway to smoke.​
_____________________________________________​

Outside food and drinks are allowed. I am going to check on the viability of allowing pizza orders to be delivered to the venue.

This rule set is mostly in compliance with the BBR Recommended Ruleset 3.1. The current stage list will remain as is. You can complain if you like, but it fits into the Tier 2 list of CPs afforded underneath the 3.1 rule set. The starter list is experimental, thus the presence of PS2 instead of the more common choices of Castle Siege or Halberd.

For questions please post in this thread or call me at one of these numbers:

The Real Inferno____(316) 522-2788 (Home Phone)
__________________(316) 209-4439 (Cell Phone)

Feel free to ask for housing if you need it. Most of it will probably be in Wichita.

Trent

Smash Champion
PS2 as a neutral makes me so happppppyyyyyy.

I mean, why not, since PS1's a neutral and they're both gimmicky stages.

I am most def coming, need housing, etc.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
gettin in on the first page of this ****

can we just call this ultimate NO KOAST 2? or NO KOAST GOLD?? NO KOAST ARMEGGEDON HOLY FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

because no koast 3 never happened and we shall never speak of it

because it never happened

also i'd be willing to donate to a bonus pot if it brings out legit talent, would love to see guys like ally, lee martin, atomsk, and all of texas out in kansas (again).

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
1st page rights. And don't complain about the stage list because you never go there anyways. Oh, by the way, Sherlock Doom will take 1st place here. Calling it out now.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
FINALLY, A REGION BESIDES NOVA SCOTIA IS USING PS2 AS A STARTER.

I LOVE YOU INFERNO.

caps

Depster

Smash Champion
So I heard that Depster kid found the venue =D

Sooo much hype for this coming from me, but man, ima have to make it to a lot more smashfests if ima be ready =0

Also, I think ima sig the URL

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
So I heard that Depster kid found the venue =D

Sooo much hype for this coming from me, but man, ima have to make it to a lot more smashfests if ima be ready =0

Also, I think ima sig the URL
You should sig it like me. Then you quote somebody like I did, and your sig will show up. Like this.

Dnyce

Smash Master
You want to just save me the time of scheduling around this and make it the circuit championships?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
WTF, PS2 as a starter?

Might come to this regardless.

MJG

Smash Hero
I'm not really sure if I want that. I thought you were going to do the circuit championships in December.
With the input of others (and from Fino and I's discussion) thought that it would be best to have the Circuit Championships after December since people like to go home for the holidays (since Christmas is a big holiday after all).

^

KY_Des

Smash Ace
I'm there, no questions asked. BUT if Texas goes, I'll even ENTER! Keep ya boy informed since I aint ever on here. <3 TX

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Yeah, either way, the date/place of the finals needs to be figured out.
But I agree; December might be a bad month for it, between finals, holidays, going home etc.

Also *subscribed*

Edit: problem. This is the same day as School is in Session in Ohio. I know a lot of MO, at least, was planning on going to that, especially since the last one got 100+. I really want to go to both...and I'm sure a lot of other people will want to do the same. So...anything that can be done about the date? Just curious.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I just want to make sure that everyone understands this:

THIS IS BEING INDEPENDENTLY RUN.
aka NOT AT A CONVENTION.

UNK3 = NKv2++, basically.

:)

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
^ This man speaks truth. This tournament will be the most hype tournament you've ever gone to
in Kansas.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
It wouldn't make sense for this to be a circuit event because infinite's are legal here and they aren't in the KSIAMONE circuit.

Luigi mains be warned against that **** fat bird.!

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I'm looking into moving this further into January right now to avoid overlapping with School is in Session. I'm very busy this week, so it might be a couple of days.

Top Bottom