• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate NO KOAST 3! (MW-W Circuit Championships!)

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I'm still not sure about making this the championships. I really REALLY don't want to partner with anyone, because I wanted this event to be run by me alone to avoid any possibilities of conflicts arising. I feel like I'm suddenly being put on the spot with this whole championship thing that I never planned to be involved with. =/

I'm also very opposed to the MLG ruleset so it would end up being the only tournament in the circuit with a ruleset completely different than the others. Maybe I'll just open a poll about it.

Dnyce

Smash Master
does minor changes include making the worst stage list thats ever been used?
And the MLG stage-list wasn't bad? L

I'm still not sure about making this the championships. I really REALLY don't want to partner with anyone, because I wanted this event to be run by me alone to avoid any possibilities of conflicts arising. I feel like I'm suddenly being put on the spot with this whole championship thing that I never planned to be involved with. =/

I'm also very opposed to the MLG ruleset so it would end up being the only tournament in the circuit with a ruleset completely different than the others. Maybe I'll just open a poll about it.
You don't have to partner with anyone. It was just a suggestion - December was going to be insane to schedule for the championships, so I figured January would fit best. I only asked since this was the first tournament thread that popped up in the ksiamo area that was running in January and I didn't see it being a big deal (just slap that it's a circuit championships in the title, etc).

Also, I think every event has deviated from the MLG ruleset or from the general circuit ruleset, so it wouldn't be anything new. I don't think it matters tbh, but I really just want to get it over with lol.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero

And the MLG stage-list wasn't bad? L

You don't have to partner with anyone. It was just a suggestion - December was going to be insane to schedule for the championships, so I figured January would fit best. I only asked since this was the first tournament thread that popped up in the ksiamo area that was running in January and I didn't see it being a big deal (just slap that it's a circuit championships in the title, etc).

Also, I think every event has deviated from the MLG ruleset or from the general circuit ruleset, so it wouldn't be anything new. I don't think it matters tbh, but I really just want to get it over with lol.
I'll make a decision at the end of the week one way or the other so you'll be able to be sure.

I might change the ruleset more still. I'm moving toward a standardized ruleset that I'll be using at events for the rest of the year.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I don't really plan to change that. In my opinion, past the initial six stages, no one ever starts on the other stages unless it's a very specific matchup, or they just don't know what to strike to. In that event, the seventh stage might as well be freaking Hanenbow for the use it's going to see in tournament, and I would rather have six starters if it wasn't a necessity to have an odd number for stage striking.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Uhh.

Hype.

I guess.

Yes. Hype seems appropriate.

Trent

Smash Champion
I might be going to School is in Session 4 as well. You should make this the weekend after. :bee:

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
The stagelist and ruleset (with the exception of the LGL :( ) look awesome! Good work with this, Real Inferno. Don't listen to the trolls :p

Looking forward to this tournament :D

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Our new date has been set so that we won't be overlapping with VC9 or School is in Session. No johns, Midwest.

Edit: Metal this is my tournament not Mr. Doom's. :(

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Whoops misread my calender, fixed

After some deliberation and talking with Fino, this tournament will be the championships for the new MW-W circuit. I'll still be in charge of the event. As soon as I know how circuit points will be handled at the championship, I will add that to the list.

Along with this comes a change in the stage list, as I feel it probably isn't appropriate to experiment with a stage list in a championship event, so I'm using one that is more in line with the previous circuit events. I hope everyone will find this acceptable, as it is the final change I will be making to the ruleset unless something incredibly pressing comes up.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
It's part of the new system for tournament listings. I'll have to put the rest of the info back in, I have it backed up.

Fixed it. If you click the more info button it will automatically display all of the tournament info as it was before.

Top Bottom