• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Smash House Presents: Season's Greetings

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Arizona Smash House Presents:
"Season's Greetings"
Tourney 1/4 of Season.

AIB Link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11123

DATE

December 4th, 2010

Schedule

Friendlies/MMs/Early Registration: 12:00 AM

MELEE SINGLES: 1:30 PM

BRAWL DOUBLES: 1:30 PM

Break: (imediately after Brawl Doubles)

BRAWL SINGLES POOLS: 4:00 PM

BRAWL SINGLES BRACKET: 6:00 PM

Friendlies/MMs/Food Decision: (imediately after Brawl singles)

Setups

Brawl Set-ups
1. Venue
2. Venue

Melee Set-ups

1. Venue

TV
1. Venue
2. Venue
3. Venue
4. Venue
5. Venue
6. Venue

Recording set-ups
1. Venue
2. Venue

Arizona Smash House
2131 E. 10th St #2
Tempe, AZ 85281

Please don't use a GPS navigation system (or Google Maps or Mapquest) to get to my address. It'll route you through a permanently closed gate.

From ASU: go east on University, turn right just before you get to Price Rd/101 (into the Jack in the Box plaza). The condo complex is in the back corner of that plaza. Go into the condo complex and follow the road all the way to the back gate. I live in the building to the right of the back gate, in the back, away-from-the-gate corner.

From the 101: take the University exit and turn west. Turn left immediately into the Jack in the Box plaza. The condo complex is in the back corner of that plaza. Go into the condo complex and follow the road all the way to the back. I live in the building to the right of the back gate, in the back, away-from-the-gate corner.

Parking: Most of the parking are assigned spaces to residents, but there are a bunch of visitor spots around the complex. Here is a map of them. Pretty much any space marked "Visitor" (usually with a yellow curb) is fair game, as are any of the spots by the pool.

By Orbit: Take the Orbit Mercury line to Escalante Center (it picks up around College & 6th at ASU, I think). Head east a tiny bit and you'll see a gate closing off a condo complex to your left. There is a human-sized door in the left part of the gate that's usually open. If it's closed, give me a call

TOURNEY FEES/POT SPLITS

BRAWL SINGLES $10 per person

(Subject to change)

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

BRAWL DOUBLES $5 per person

1-5 Teams

1st: 70%

6-10 Teams

11+ teams

1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%

MELEE SINGLES $5 per person

GENERAL RULES

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. ***

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling. ***

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match ***
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Additional Rules for Doubles Play

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

* Hanenbow may be moved from Ban to Counterpick for Doubles

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

* Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock overttime or the sudden death will be played out. The TO needs to decide which of these will be used before the tournament. Bowser's suicide klaw is exempt from this rule.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

* Players are responsible for knowing the rules. No more than the previous match should be replayed in the event of a rule violation and it is recommended that any disputes be brought promptly and quickly to the TO's attention.

* The semi-final and championship sets should be in at least best of 5 format.

* Drugs and Alcohol should be prohibited at most tournaments due to minor involvement and potential legal issues.

* Initiating ANY suicide move results in a victory for the person who initiated it

* Ice climbers infinite is legal up until 200%

* 40 Ledge grab Rule: You cannot grab the ledge any more than 40 times in any match. Breaking this rule results in an automatic loss, if the game goes to time.

* The Tournament Organizer has the final say period, and the right to kick anyone out.

STAGES

NEUTRAL

- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Lylat Cruise
- Smashville
- Yoshi’s Island

COUNTERPICK

* Castle Siege
* Brinstar
* Frigate Orpheon
* Rainbow Cruise
* Halberd
* Delfino Plaza
* Pokémon Stadium

STAGE STRIKING IS IN EFFECT AND BOTH PLAYERS MAY BAN ONE STAGE

CONTACT

Chris- 602 -696 -7917 (CALL OR TEXT)

Kira- 480 - 294- 9440 (CALL or TEXT)

Bryce- 480 - 440- 4199 (CALL or TEXT)

RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE, KEEP AN EYE ON THE THREAD

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Also if anyone has a spare VCR, Please donate! I have another recording set up but the only thing i need is another VCR.

aarnone

Smash Rookie
Once again...
Your tourney for December is gonna be on the 4th?!?

I won't be back until like halfway through the month... are you at least gonna have another in December?
I want to be able to be there!

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Yeah that would help tremendously. thanks wolf wood. And arnone man i wish you could make it, also we probably wouldnt have another tourny in december due to christmas and new year stuff.

aarnone

Smash Rookie
Have one a week before christmas or something? The 18th wouldn't be bad. Man, I was looking forward to heading back, Chris said he'd be making the December tournament around that time so I could make it... :/

aarnone

Smash Rookie
That's like two weeks ago... and the tourney is in like 3 weeks... doesn't seem like to much of a hassle to me. I wouldn't be the first person you guys made a slight adjustment for in order to make them able to make it... Plus Chris had established in August that he would try to make the December tournament late enough for me and Lonewolf to make it. I'm not even gonna get to be in AZ for that long before I have to go back :(

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Well it is already set to have it on Dec 4th, if i changed it that would screw with so many peoples schedules. But, maybe i could get another one going before christmas. It depends on everyone's schedule though. So if people want another tourny on dec 18th speak up now. The big melee tourny in Norcal is that day and many melee players from here are going to it so we could probably even have a side tourny that day instead of melee.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
I will definitely be there on the 4th. I have an engineering event at ASU that morning though, and so hopefully I will be back in time to be able to do both the doubles and the singles, but I might only be able to come for the singles. We will see.

As for a tournament in the middle of December, I couldn't do it. I am visiting some family out of state on the 15th, and will not be back until the beginning of January.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
I updated the The post a little bit.

- To set-ups I added Recording set-ups. This season i will be taking recording more seriously. I will make sure a lot more matches get recorded. Just so you guys now know the option to bring in recording setups is available.

- Due to recalculations I changed the season tourny number back to 4.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
i could make it.

@yoshiken have you been to a tourney?
Well, I haven't been to a tournament since my wife and I got married at the beginning of this year and moved to Tempe. After we got married and moved, life became hectic with school (I am a student at ASU majoring in Astronautical Engineering) and so I just didn't have any time anymore, and so I kind of built up the mindset that I had to quit the tournament scene. I would still play with all my friends and so I wouldn't say that I became rusty or anything, it is just that I didn't have the time.

I just recently decided to start up the tournament scene again, and this is the first one in that year long break. Hopefully I don't get beat down too hard, haha. So yes, I have gone to tournaments before but not in a long time and not in these parts of AZ.

aarnone

Smash Rookie
Yeah, that's understandable. Another on the 18th would be great, I'm sure we could get enough people to go, everyone should be out of school, as long as you and Chris are cool with hosting it. I just want to see my home scene again before I'm back to Florida, y'know?

k9.

Smash Ace
Well, I haven't been to a tournament since my wife and I got married at the beginning of this year and moved to Tempe. After we got married and moved, life became hectic with school (I am a student at ASU majoring in Astronautical Engineering) and so I just didn't have any time anymore, and so I kind of built up the mindset that I had to quit the tournament scene. I would still play with all my friends and so I wouldn't say that I became rusty or anything, it is just that I didn't have the time.

I just recently decided to start up the tournament scene again, and this is the first one in that year long break. Hopefully I don't get beat down too hard, haha. So yes, I have gone to tournaments before but not in a long time and not in these parts of AZ.
ok haha i didn't expect all of this but ight kew man hope to see you there. and you should invite your friends also

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's understandable. Another on the 18th would be great, I'm sure we could get enough people to go, everyone should be out of school, as long as you and Chris are cool with hosting it. I just want to see my home scene again before I'm back to Florida, y'know?
If we cant have a tourny that day ill make sure that we have a big smash fest for ya!

Are we being trolled by DkSpeed again? i have a feeling lol. prob not though, cant wait to see ya man.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Just a smashfest on the 18th is reasonable. Maybe I'd get Dallas to come too. But another tournament seems hectic, maybe?

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to try to make it, I don't really know my schedule right now, but I'll see. I think I might just come for doubles.

I didn't do too well in singles last time, so I'm just going to practice a lot first before entering another singles tournament. Though some people got out of pools that I was able to beat last time...but whatever, I'll make sure I'm going to be ready for the next one.

k9.

Smash Ace
I'm going to try to make it, I don't really know my schedule right now, but I'll see. I think I might just come for doubles.

I didn't do too well in singles last time, so I'm just going to practice a lot first before entering another singles tournament. Though some people got out of pools that I was able to beat last time...but whatever, I'll make sure I'm going to be ready for the next one.
Yea i know how you feel about that kinda stuff like doing bad in singles but enter singles is how you get better at singles if you know what im mean.

But really its up to you

KiraFlax

Smash Lord

Everyone started off this way. I started off pretty low myself when i first started. I kept playing and entering all the tournaments, thats how i got better and same with most other people. If you want to keep geting better, keep entering and doing all you can possibly do for the sake of training. not entering is just slowing down your process of getting the experience you need to become a great player at this game. Trust me, where I am now i can say is only due to my consistant entering, practicing, and complete dedication. If I didnt enter as much as i did I wouldnt have the experience in anyway what so ever to be anywhere close to the spot i am now. I would seriously regret it, dont make that mistake man. Sieze the opportunity and get as much experience as you can possibly get.

Duff0

Smash Ace
Just put all the recorded setups on the most important TV's, that way the most/best matches get recorded and hopefully uploaded (Kira you're a noob)

k9.

Smash Ace
Yea that is really what we should do cause that little tv isn't doin it for me lol

Top Bottom