• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WATO13.5 - Weekend After The Oblectation - Now with Pools!! and $3 door fee :D

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
WATO13
Weekend After The Oblectation

---An Orlando Melee and Brawl Tournament---

Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Here's hoping that everyone is having, will have, or have had a wonderful holiday season. I'm typing this on Christmas Day, and I was thinking about how Florida really needs as many events as possible to let it become the hype-awesome State it once was.

Of course, this will take place on January 8th, at my house, the week after the festivites of New Year's Day, and the week before the already-hyped NOOB3 (<3 Skratch, and I heard Georgia is coming), AND the weekend before all of us Kids go back into school after a nice Winter Break.

Door Fee will be $5 for all-day smashing.

As usual, this will be a fusion event.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

rules and details and chipotle

1. cost
  2. time
  3. ruleset
  4. numers
  5. etc

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

COST

$5 Door Fee*

Melee Singles = $5
Melee Doubles = $10 for each Team ($5 a person)

Brawl Singles = $5
Brawl Doubles = $10 for each Team ($5 a person)

Door fee must be paid or you'll be asked to leave.

Now with Project: M Side event!
$3 to enter double elimination bracket.
Side tournament will occur whenever ENOUGH players enter the event.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

TIME

Registration and Friendlies start at 11 AM.
Melee Doubles begins at 12:30 PM.
Brawl Doubles begins no later than 3:00 PM.
Melee Singles begins no later than 5:30 PM.
Brawl Singles begins no later than 8:30 PM.

Players are responsible for getting their own lunch. There is no designated lunch break.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

RULESET

The WATO Tournaments, as usual, implements the Pound 4 Ruleset.

Melee:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Brawl:

-3 Stock
-8 Minute Time Limit
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab, Marth on Ness grab-release, etc
-Ice climber infinites are LEGAL up to 250%
-Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock): If a suicide move ends a match, the match will be reset with 1 stock each to both players on the same level. Time limit will be set to 3 minutes. Both players technically died at the same time, and that is why the match was a draw. Play out the one stock, and the winner wins that match.
-Players using a Wii-mote to play must take their batteries out when not playing. We can't be having wii's be interrupted because someone made a mistake. I will be enforcing this heavily, and there will be penalties if people do not obey.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. 1st Stage will be chosen at random unless agreed upon by both players. Each Player will be provided one Random Reset, with the lower-seeded Player given the option to use their reset first.**
3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
4. The winner of the previous match may announce their Stage Ban selection
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
**If neither Player has chosen to use their Random Reset within 3 seconds of the match starting, the match must be played out on the stage generated.

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshis Island
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
-Delfino Plaza
-Frigate Orpheon
-Battleship Halberd
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium

Additional Rules for Doubles Play:
-Life Stealing is allowed
-Team attack will be set to ON
-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is playing Lucario, Sonic, or Pokemon Trainer, either team can request for them to be Blue Team and the opponents must abide. If both teams have one of the characters, they must work it out between them.

Additional Rules for Pools Play:
-Matches will be 3 stock
-7 Minute Time Limit
-Number of Players advancing from each pool will be dependant on number of entrants, number of players per pool, number of pools, and which round of pools it is.

All other questions of rules will be directed to me.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
ADDRESS and NUMBERS

The WATO venue is my house.

3418 Amaca Circle
Orlando, FL 32837

My phone number is 407-488-0510

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

ETC

I am offering food and drink at my house, as I mentioned earlier; It comes with paying the five dollar door fee.

For those who don't necessarily want pizza:

I love Chipotle. Near my house is a plaza called THE LOOP. It has lots of stores and restaurants and places to enjoy yourself. Chipotle, Wendy's, Burger King, McDonalds, Subway, 5 Guys Burgers, Taco Bell, KFC, Little Caesars, and much more are less than 5 minutes away.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I hope you guys can make it out to these. I made the price nice and low so everyone could enter events. I encourage players to bring just $25. This covers all the events, gives you food and drink, all day smashing and chilling at my place, and a chance to win easy money back.

SETUPS
BRING THEM

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Huh, I didn't notice the date. Usually people have them in the listing title lol.

HBox, The 22nd of January has yet to be taken by any sort of event(neither melee or brawl). Would you want to move your WATO date to that?

:rosalina:

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
I don't care, honestly =/

I'm hosting this event for those people who don't have a ride

AND especially for the melee players lol.

This IS the week before NOOB3, which is like, the ONLY decent-sized melee series in Florida.

Besides, I had to miss my previous Melee singles and doubles tournament.

I'm having brawl here as well for those who still want to enter. SFL is having a big brawl tournament? Cool, I'll just catch you guys next time. I am all for people travelling to SFL since SFL travels to CFL so much.

This is my only free date to host a tourney in like, all of January (as far as I know)

Those who want to come, may come. $5 for each event and $5 for door fee, as usual.

If only 3 people come to this, I'll still have the tourney lol.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
well, ill be honest. ill never get a ride down to SFL ever again. so i really dont mind that youre hosting a tourney this day

with that in mind, i'll definitely be here

Zoro

Smash Champion
im coming in the morning
with setup and recording equipment/ livestream cuz i wanna test it out

i just got the equipment so id rather try it out here than at noob3

i work at 6 so if not many people come hopefully melee will be done by then :)

DRD

Smash Lord
Attending

testing doc improvement

never been in a pools situation before, guess id better learn procedure now if im gonna attend a larger tournament in the future

Noa.

Smash Master
Pools? I love pools.

Also are there some stages missing from the brawl stage list? Like Castle Siege, Halberd, Pictochat, etc.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
If people have trouble finding tourney threads I don't see why they don't just go to the FL thread lol. It indexes every tournament happening in this state lol.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Yeah I don't see the problem in locating threads myself really lol. I was just pointing something out.

Also, I have to say I am jealous of that door fee. D:

Top Bottom