• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WATO13.5 - Weekend After The Oblectation - Now with Pools!! and $3 door fee :D

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Hahaha it's fine. Honestly people have asked me if she was naked in the picture lol.(It kinda looks that way I guess, but she's not D: )

The character is Rosalina if you by chance don't happen to know lol. /fanboy

Which is why I'm workin' this cyan theme when I post lol.

:rosalina:

Soup

Smash Rookie
Yo Hungrybox!

The name's Soup! I'll probably be there with a special guest from the North East!

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I might attend this. I dont see why i wouldn't be able to. and with a 3$ door fee, pools and 5$ entry, my first orlando tourney might be this. Also, as a shoutout, i am a driver. So if anyone needs a ride, i can hook you up.

Hbox, i didn't feel like searching your thread, but full setup = free door fee?

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
If i go and bring a setup that means my setup will most likely be in use for doubles... which means i'll end up doing doubles...

which means i need a partner.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
o 3o. this might end up bein small but since its cheaper tis time....lol. Oh well i need to smash anyways havent played since HSL. Ima introduce my 2day old flackoh in friendlies here. And ill do MM. But $1 cuz ima stingy motha fka.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I like how I move my date for your WATO, and when I took the 8th 2 months before this you then put your date above it.

Thanks a lot Hbox, really appreciate it.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
That's what I said to him Esam. People don't listen to me or ***** about something up here. But he choose to do melee and brawl. I think it was suppose to be just melee at first. just like cfl im sure no one is going down there. I heard absolutly nothing about people driving down there. I strongly wish I had a car.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Ugh, SFL is probably just going to stop going to CFL since we basically respect you and almost never get the same in return.

Not bashing you guys as people (most of you are mad cool), but just the community up there in general. I postponed my tournament for 2 TOs in your region (Hbox, and then Viper) and now I lose potential attendance because you decide to take a date I already have. That is bull**** and anybody with half a brain could realize that.

**** compromise man, we don't get **** back for it.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Wouldn't blame you. At the same time if I ever do find ways down there I will go. Action says he wants to start driving down there on friday and stay till sunday for practice soon.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
SFL would definitely go to more CFL if you guys returned the favor, but you guys haven't been down here, for whatever reason, in A LOT of months. We came up there for WATO13 and Holy Smash...I see a big discrepancy.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
lol dont be so modest esam

we went up there for their past like 7 tournies that we didn't already have a tourny down here for.

and regardless of what ur region or other regions are planning, u can just not host a tourny out of ****ing respect. but i guess thats a hard thing to come by up there.

i was working very hard of personally trying to organize like 2-3 cars from different areas, and because of wato none of them wana even bother.

btw kyon, one of the cars had a chance to pass through orlando and potentially pick up orlando kids

whatever

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I'm speaking for myself and gdx really. I tell everyone else to go since they are bad all the time but of course im just being salty when I say these things so I been told.

Sorry Esam and all you guys... us being nice here isn't enough. It wouldn't be for me if I lived down there and had tourneys.

Oh? I didn't know that. I only been posting and looking in the PBR as of late. Who is it?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
it MIGHT have been masky and company from NFL, but its like pointless for him to drive there to pick you up and ignore the tourny RIGHT there

trumptight

Smash Journeyman
I agree with SFL. I would love to go to one of ESAM's tourny. SFL always coming up here for us. I just don't see my car making a 4 hour drive...... :( THis sucks!!!! I don't want florida to split up just because of tourny dates. Someone needs to fix this. We need to show SFL the same respect they show us. THat being said. Someone drive me to miami NOW!!!!

Exdeath

Smash Master
Ugh, SFL is probably just going to stop going to CFL since we basically respect you and almost never get the same in return.

Not bashing you guys as people (most of you are mad cool), but just the community up there in general. I postponed my tournament for 2 TOs in your region (Hbox, and then Viper) and now I lose potential attendance because you decide to take a date I already have. That is bull**** and anybody with half a brain could realize that.

**** compromise man, we don't get **** back for it.
I'm sorry for SFL. You guys have been especially good about working to unite Florida lately and CFL has not been reciprocating in the least. If I can get my school schedule straightened out and Action is still going, I will be happy to go with him to SFL for the weekend and pay my full share of gas money.

o 3o. this might end up bein small but since its cheaper tis time....lol. Oh well i need to smash anyways havent played since HSL. Ima introduce my 2day old flackoh in friendlies here. And ill do MM. But $1 cuz ima stingy motha fka.
I haven't played since HSL either haha. I'll take that $1 MM for as many characters as you like. :)

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
This was going to be a melee-only tournament (ESAM's is brawl-only), but I figured I might as well add brawl for the people who weren't going to ESAM's (and I kinda wanted to enter a brawl tourney as well). NOOB3 is next week and I wanted a pre-tournament.

I had to miss my own WATO, which I'm sure everyone had a lot of fun at. And I haven't been to a good tournament in Florida for a while.

I'm not a figurehead for CFL; if SFL had a tournament the same day as WATO13 I would completely understand if you didn't want to come to my tournament. I didn't mean to disrespect SFL, but seriously, we're FOUR HOURS APART. I wanted to go to a tournament and make some money this weekend; I took the initiative of hosting one. That's all.

I don't ask any regions in particular to come, I just host tourneys. If my crew wants to go to ESAM's then by all means. I'm still hosting this, and I'm sure both tournaments will have a good turnout; I can already see CFL players entering this thread that have never even attended a tournament; my ultimate goal is to bring as many players to competitive smash as possible.

My bad, I guess. I expected this to be a 12-man melee tournament with some brawl players getting friendlies. Don't bark at me (or them) if people aren't accustomed to driving long distances =/

It's kind of like SFL giving us cake all of time without us even asking for it; we appreciate the cake greatly, but that doesn't mandate that we gave cake in return.

If that makes me an *******, then I guess I am. My bad, once again.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I obviously would've been fine if you hosted a melee only tournament, there would've been no conflict.

It just sucks to have our separate communities (Melee/Brawl) separated even more. It isn't for a selfish reason that I want people to come to mine, but I like all of a community at one, not half here and half there, y'know?

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
If riders want to go to ZP, i'll drive. If i get my gas paid for, i'll go. If not i'll be at this, since it's closer. I wasn't planning on going to ZP, due to gas, but if people want to give me gas money then i'll gladly drive down to ZP. Just hit me up.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
BS CFL doesn't ask for the cake, half the reason we go up there (asside from money/hanginout) is cuz cfl was busy complaining about how 8/10 PR people are from sfl, and that it wasn't fair they dont get as many chances at playing us. So we try to accomidate and bring them up there to give cfl chances to play. We have this one tourny, that we postponed twice for you guys sake, and when we're finally gona get a chance for CFL to come down here, and u host a brawl tourny last minute on the same date? why would anyone wana travel down here with that down the street?

its complete disrespect.
like, im sorry to bring a private convo BUT

lade's exact words, "why would i wana drive 4 hours to come to miami, when i can get free money at wato?"

had this tourny not be happenin, sure lade/tampa might not show up to zp for personal reasons, but it wouldn't be because they had the more convenient last minute option of wato.

this logic lade has im sure many other people around cfl, or north of it, or west of it, have as well.

so ya

thanks for that

btw the reason other regions can't seem to get their stuff together and drive down, is cuz the people, like mink, fail to communicate their willingness to drive down till now.

no duh, if u have a car u can drive down, no ones expecting u to pay full gas, but don't wait till the last minute to say "hey i coulda drove"

Sfl ALWAYS has their cars READY and planned 2-3 weeks AHEAD of time so we are all clear on whats going on.

mink i mean no hard feelings to u, i actually appreciate you steppin it up

Exdeath

Smash Master
no duh, if u have a car u can drive down, no ones expecting u to pay full gas, but don't wait till the last minute to say "hey i coulda drove"

Sfl ALWAYS has their cars READY and planned 2-3 weeks AHEAD of time so we are all clear on whats going on.
I've "planned" two different trips to SFL that were canceled despite a month of advanced planning. The first one had to be canceled because a close relative passed away and the other was canceled because the car that was supposed to meet me part of the way there bailed on the week of. Even then, I use "planned" loosely because everyone in CFL is so non-committal. Trying to schedule something like a car pool with Orlando is like pulling teeth haha. I don't get how SFL does it.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
And we have me, not tryina like toot my own horn, but i always call all the drivers, and the proposed people in each car and give them all each others numbers and make sure everyone is clear with each other. I go out of my way to do this for everyone because like Esam said, we actually give a ****.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
No hard feelings Seibrik, i was there with Viper when that whole thing with ESAM happenned, so i know the BS about ZP. I forgot the date, and then realized that was this saturday. My feelings of gooing to either tourneys are still in the air, but obviously i would have more motivation to go to ZP if people wanted to give me gas money (me being an inexperienced player, paying to drive down to miami, not making it out of pools would be a waste of money). If no one gives me any gas money, i'll go to WATO or decide not to go to anything to conserve extra money.

But i'll be more than willing to drive to miami for the day. I've never been to ZP, and my sister lives in miami. It's a 2 for 1 deal.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
ZP is a mediocre venue, Juan's house is nicer and I'll give him that.

Uh...I don't normally run pools, but I guess if enough CFL came I could make an exception.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
It was morely as an example of me, personally, spending an extra... i'll estimate 40$ in gas to fly solo. I hope CFL goes. Idk what cars are passing through my area, but if no one wants to ride with me maybe i'll throw down and get a ride.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
hell yeah POOLS

and if CFL needs housing im sure i can find someone to house if ya give me notice of how many people.

i'd normally supply it myself easy but i got my brother staying over this weekend so i duno if it'd be possible, but i'll talk to my dad and see wassup

mink if u want, IM me on aim, or PM me for my number and i'll do my best to help fill ur car!

Top Bottom